• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 1,101 Views, 72 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Clash of The Iron Mares - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Shining Armor is asked to judge who the better athlete is: Rainbow Dash or Applejack.

  • ...
1
 72
 1,101

All Wet

Pumpkin Cake stood at one of the tables set up along the path. Her jaw was clenched tight and brow furrowed as she concentrated. Small blue sparks flickered from her horn as she focused on the pitcher.

Despite her efforts, the pitcher was not even covered in a magical aura, to say nothing of being levitated.

Looked like she was going to have to keep filling the cups by hoof.

"Pumpkin!"

The shout caused Pumpkin Cake to jump, her magic surging enough to push the glass pitcher across the table before fizzling out.

Trixie stomped up toward her, ears pulled back and eyes narrowed. Reaching out, she poked Pumpkin in the nose, squishing it and making it ache.

"I saw you talking to my Pippy," she growled out.

"Pippy?" Pumpkin asked, blinking.

"And I saw how you were looking at him," Trixie continued. She then took another step forward, pressing her nose against Pumpkin's.

"Stay away from my Pipsqueak," she growled out, "or else!"

Anger surged through Pumpkin Cake. Being told what to do was not really a big deal to her. It was a part of her life. Her parents, her teachers, some times Pinkie Pie, and on occasion even Twilight. Most of the time, she did not really mind it. With her parents and Pinkie, it was normally because of her chores or something to do with the bakery. With her teacher, it was about her school work. Twilight was sort of the unofficial leader of their little group, and tended to get ideas that they pretty much went along with.

Under the right circumstances, Pumpkin was perfectly fine with being told what to do by certain ponies.

These were not the right circumstances, and Trixie was certainly not one of those ponies. The addition of a vague -- and probably empty -- threat only made Pumpkin angrier.

"Or else what?" Pumpkin Cake growled back, pushing forward to pressing her own head against Trixie's, eyes narrow and ears pulled back.

The question seemed to throw Trixie off for a second. Her glare faltered before looking away. The physical contact between them broke as Trixie took a step back.

It was easy for Pumpkin to figure out that Trixie had not come up with a proper idea of what the "or else" would be.

"I'll..." Trixie started. "I'll..." She suddenly straightened up, looking Pumpkin in the eye again.

"I'll saw you in half, and mail your butt all the way to Manehattan."

The statement sounded so ridiculous, that it threw Pumpkin off for a moment. While she did not know much about magic yet, she was pretty sure that there were no actual spells that would allow one pony to actually separate another in half. Even if there was, then it would probably have to take a unicorn with a lot of magic to do it. Like Shining Armor. No way a filly her age could do it, even if that filly did have her cutie mark already.

With that, Trixie turned away and started to walk off.

The confusion quickly vanished as Pumpkin's anger returned anew. There was no way she was going to let that bratty filly leave thinking she had somehow won.

Pumpkin grabbed one of the filled plastic cups on the table.

"Hey, Trixie!"

Trixie stopped and turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"You look like you could use some water."

Pumpkin Cake then threw the cup, hitting Trixie in the head and dumping the water all over the other filly. It caused Trixie to freeze, eyes wide and mouth hanging open as the water dripped from her face and mane. A smirk spread as Pumpkin looked at what she did.

That smirk then faded as it was replaced with horror, Pumpkin realizing what she had done.

"Oh, Celestia," she whimpered out. "Trixie. I'm so, so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Let me--"

The rest of the statement was cut off by Trixie's scream of rage.

"TRIXIE WILL KILL YOU!" she bellowed before charging at Pumpkin Cake.

Trixie then slammed into Pumpkin, who in turn fell back and slammed into the table, which in turn tipped over. There was a thud as the table hit the ground, shortly followed by the sound of glass shattering as the pitcher did the same. Glass, plastic cups, and water now covered a patch of the running path. As were the two fillies.

Admittedly, Trixie had caught Pumpkin Cake off-guard when she had charged. However, now that she was thinking again, Pumpkin found she could easily handle the angry filly. Growing up her entire life with a twin brother had left her with plenty of experience when it came to wrestling with another pony. Although this one was more inclined to actually try and hurt her instead of just playing around.

Gripping one of Trixie's forelegs, Pumpkin pulled her hind legs up between them. Getting her hooves against Trixie's barrel, she let go and shoved up hard, sending the other filly backwards and off her. Soon as she did, she rolled over, getting back on her hooves.

Trixie did not get up.

Instead, she was lying there, forehooves pressed against her chest as gasped out. Her eyes were wide with terror as she shifted and kicked, wriggling around on her back.

"Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake!"

Pumpkin's heart froze in her chest at that. Slowly, she turned around, her stomach feeling heavy with the dread of what she knew she was about to see.

Standing there was her father. The normally tall -- if skinny -- pony seemed massive, looming over her. The look in his eyes pinned her in place, burning through her body to see her very soul.

"What in Equestria is going on here?" Carrot Cake asked, pointing a hoof at the turned over table, the spilled water, shattered pitcher, and scattered cups on the path.

Pumpkin Cake looked from her father, to the mess, to Trixie, and back to her dad, still staring at him.

I am so dead.

Author's Note:

Don't worry. Trixie was not seriously hurt. Just had the air knocked out of her lungs.