• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 573 Views, 13 Comments

My name is John - Blue_bolt



A great power returns to Equestria after nearly six hundred years away

  • ...
7
 13
 573

prologue: The legend returns

"Another drink, would you barkeep"demanded the very rugged looking man at end of the bar.

'Is this where once great legends end up or something'he thought bitterly. " Guess I just have to just except that i'm just not needed as much anymore" he deeply sighed "But i just wish someday that something will come up" he quietly thought out loud in a rather defeated tone.
This was the once great king of power, the defeater of bone the light killer, the nightmare of nightmares , the killer of darkness. Now here he was in rather lowly inn in some seemingly forgotten town.

"Here's your drink, must say thats a very strange looking outfit to see this day and age mister"said the barkeeper. Indeed it was, a black stetson cowboy hat, a black old worn out duster leather coat, dark brown under shirt, dark grey trousers covering his worn out boots. a very strange looking outfit. But why may you ask, why wear something so strange. Well it's very simple what you wear if this was you all you really wore over last fifty-thousand years.

"Yes I know it's strange i just feel more comfortable, thanks."

He was about to take the drink and down it when all of a sudden he felt a very large spike of energy, no magic. He had felt a couple of other spikes but nothing like this. It was far more magic or an kind energy he had felt in long time. This intrigued and worried John, was this amount of magic enough to free the one of light that swore that the light would die.

'No that can never happen not with the warding runes placed on him will never break'he thought in very concerned manner'i must investigate mystery magic though' without even finishing his drink he rose to his full height of a 1.90 meters. when walked back into the room where he was staying he decided that with the steadily growing amount of magic and tonight's spike that there was no time to get some sleep he needed to be on the road like right now. He could easily teleport to the location of the spike but he felt like a drive. Besides he has car his was here and he had no intention of teleporting his amazing yet very surprisingly heavy (while being teleported) car anywhere.

"hmm better grab my gear before i go huh"he said no one to in particularly. His gear consisted of his single action revolver, Winchester rifle, hunting knife, his late mother's bow and arrows and of course his sword rightly known as the "bane of darkness" all with exception of his sword had been enchanted to a point to be able to defeat creatures who otherwise would no be killed by said weapons.
His sword on the other hand had always been exceptionally power which is why he survived his encounter with bone.
With his gear all strapped on he flashed from the room to his 'black 1971 Plymouth cuda hemi.

"Looks like we're not going to get rest tonight darling"he said to the car. After putting his weaponry in the thunk he climbed into the driver's seat started the car which responded with a small roar of the engine. He ever so slightly chuckled to himself"I'm never going to get used to hearing that" as he pulled out of the he felt another smaller jolt of magic"okay no more lollygagging I need to get on the road now"

With that he pulled out onto the almost pitch black road, Making sure he looked left and right "hmm no cars no surprises there"he grunted.
He then turned left onto dark, open road and roared off surely waking many sleeping in the inn. He had paid no heed to that for now he was on a mission to find out whether or not all who basked in the rays that was light were now in the complete and utter threat of being crushed under the unstoppable wall of darkness.

As he turned on the radio an appropriate song was playing.

Author's Note:

Well my first story sucked but i will make it up with this one the

This is a man so old and powerful he can and has destroyed and reformed planets including earth and eqeastria but don't go thinking he is all powerful and unmatched that cannot be further from the truth there are beings older and far he he more powerful.

at the moment this all john's perspective don't go thinking going to be see twilight or anyone eleses thoughts just yet