• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 747 Views, 5 Comments

The Boeing 777 owner and the Alicorn: Volume I - Island_Dancer96



One night, the life of one ordinary boy will be forever changed, and in ways he can't see

  • ...
8
 5
 747

Chapter 10: Interrupted rehearsal

2 hours later, the rehearsal flight to Miami was making steady progress. The rehearsal was halfway completed. In the cockpit, Jason looked at his 777's Navigation Display and saw that he was halfway across the Gulf of Mexico. He turned to look at the Primary Flight Display, the altitude reading said that the Boeing 777 was at 10,600 feet. He had leveled off at 10,600 feet and engaged the autopilot 20 minutes ago. He switched his attention from the PFD to the throttle handles, the engines were at idle, they had been at idle since Jason had climbed past 9,800 feet. "Well, Twilight, we're almost to Miami, we'll just go wait there for a few hours, and fly on back to the island." Jason said, turning to Twilight.

"Okay, Jason, the sooner we get this rehearsal done, the sooner we're back in Galveston, right?" Twilight asked.

"Right." Jason said, smiling.

But just as Jason finished speaking, before either he or Twilight could even react, the whole plane suddenly started shaking. The shaking was more than strong enough to get both Jason and Twilight's attention "Jason, what's happening?" Twilight whimpered.

"I don't know, Twilight. But is that the stall alarm?" Jason asked feeling the yoke shaking in his hands.

"I …I don't know.." Twilight stammered, shaking profusely.

"I'd better take drastic measures, hold on Twilight." Jason said. He tightened his harness, disengaged the autopilot, retook manual control, and put the plane in a slight dive and increased power to the engines to gain airspeed. As Jason's plane descended past 10,540 feet, a glow appeared and started to increase its brightness as well. Twilight quickly noticed the glowing and looked at the mysterious glowing.

"Uh, Jason!" Twilight exclaimed, noting the glow.

"Twilight, what in Equestria is that!?" Jason asked, astonished.

"I don't know, Jason." Twilight replied. Jason looked at the Primary Flight Display again, and looked at the altitude reading, in the short descent, Jason's 777 got to 10,220 feet. The glow grew even brighter and in a flash of light Jason's plane literally disappeared.

Jason and Twilight screamed as Jason's Boeing 777 flew down a long, glittery rainbow colored vortex straight towards a completely new world. In the cockpit, Jason and Twilight could only see flashes of light and colors. As the 300 ton jet flew further and further down the tunnel, with Jason and Twilight screaming their heads off, a small ball of light with rainbow colored energies emitting from it phased into the cockpit windows. The tunnel ended when the Boeing 777 disappeared into a circle of white light, just as Jason and Twilight's vision went black as they lost consciousness.