• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 307 Views, 14 Comments

Seven Steadfast Virtues - Heartless Jay



An army of seven belonging to Equestria lost in time returns after a thousand years, arriving at the Return of Discord.

  • ...
 14
 307

Prologue

1000 years ago..... A draconequus by the name Discord, caused havoc amongst the ponies of early Equestria and plunged it into darkness. During that time their were seven knights under direct command to protect the country at all costs. The knights are branded with the seal of beasts, each beast representing the knights over powering virtue that guides them. The Raven: Virtue of Temperance, the Dog: Virtue of Kindness, the Eagle: Virtue of Chastity, the Bear: Virtue of Diligence, the Cow: Virtue of Charity, the Mouse: Virtue of Humility, and finally their captain, Crocodile: the Virtue of Patience.

This band of knights labeled The Seven Virtues by the princesses went out to fight against the tranny of Discord. They met him upon the mountain top where Canterlot will be built in the future. Once there, a fierce battle broke out. The holy powers of the Virtues were an exact equal to the chaotic magic of Discord. The exchange flattened the top of the mountain, turning it into more of a plateau. After four days of non-stop fighting, Discord in a act of cowardice used an ancient spell to scatter the Virtues one by one all across the globe. As he lastly approached the feared Crocodile. The unmatched captain said this unto Discord and all of Equestria.

"Ha!!! Damn me to the gates of Hell! But I will still return. In 1000 years time the Virtues shall meet in the town spawned by Sweet Apples and threatened once again by your chaos. But hear me draconequus! You've lost. And it's Hilario-

Then the captain was gone. As were the Virtues. Soon the princesses found the Elements of Harmony and sealed Discord in stone. Though they still wept over the loss of their friends..... Or at least they did. Till 1000 years later......