• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 467 Views, 25 Comments

The Mighty Machines - Epicdiscord214



Before the ponies, there were robotic wolves from other dimensions. Now, a group of those wolves are going to risk everything to go home.

  • ...
4
 25
 467

The Friendliest Fairy in the Neatherealm

"Sorry, Mr. Killer," Masque said from his table watching the monster on the stage, "But I'm not looking for someone who can skin another creature alive."

The monster bowed its head in shame and walked off the stage. Masque called out for the next, but he was shocked to see three wirewolves approach him.

"You need to let us come with you." Ricky said.

"Hey, pal, the stage is behind you." Masque said.

"Devastate."

"The big guy's right." Terry said. "You're the only one who can get us to where we want safely." He pulled out the Edgeless Atlas and opened it up revealing the X. "Can you get us here?"

Masque looked at the map and scratched his chin. "Well, it's a little out of my way."

"Please." Ricky said. "We need to get there so we can return to Equestria."

"Equestria?!" Masque gasped. "Well, why didn't you say so? I'd be happy to help!"

"Really?" Ricky asked. "Just like that?"

"Oh, yes." Masque said folding the table in front of him. "You have no idea what I have been through in this doom-n-gloom world. The audience I perform to is practically dead. But Equestria is full of lively ponies who know a good show when they see it. I can't wait to go back. By the way, name's Joe."

"Joe?" Terry asked. "I thought your name was Masque."

"Oh, that's just a stage name. It really fits my powers."

"Powers?" Ricky asked. "You mean your shapeshifting? I thought Changelings were the only ones who could do that."

"Oh, my powers are given to me by Pixie Dust."

"Devastate?"

"Pixie Dust." Joe repeated. "The friendliest fairy in the Neatherealm. When I was in a miserable slump, she gave me these powers to help me cope. In fact, her hut is on the way to your X. I bet she can give you all powers to give you a helping hand."

"Thank you, but I don't think we'll need them for long." Ricky said.

"Well, we should at last pop on by for a visit." Joe said. "I kinda left some stuff at her place, and if I'm leaving, I'd like to say good-bye to the old bird."

Ricky pondered until he made his decision. "Well, if it is on the way, then I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea."

"Perfecto!" Joe said. "We'll be there faster than you can say 'updok'."

"What's updok?" Terry asked.

"Not much, just getting you to Pixie Dust!" Joe laughed.

That joke made Ricky pinch the middle of his eyes and groaned. "This is going to be a long day."

They had no idea of knowing, but not too far, another wirewolf was hot on their trail.


Within a couple of hours, the traveling cart stopped when it approached the large, old tree. Joe said it was Pixie Dust's home, and the wirewolves approached it, but right before they touched the door, Joe stopped them.

"Hold it! This is Pixie Dust's home. You gotta use the secret knock."

Joe raised his metal fist and knocked "Shave and a Haircut" followed by knocks of a random pattern. Finally, Joe changed with a rapid series of knocks until the door opened up with a very angry fairy.

"All right! All right!" she shouted. "I heard you the first time!"

"Secret knock." Joe said. "Works every time. Nice to see you again, Pixie Dust."

"Joe, you metalhead!" Pixie Dust shouted. "For the trillionth time, we don't need a secret knock for two reasons. #1: I can see you coming from my upstairs window. And #2: you're the only one who knows I live here!"

"You're Pixie Dust?" Ricky asked.

"No, I'm a supermodel actress!" Pixie Dust snapped.

"Whoa, what's with the sarcasm?" Terry said. "Chuckles here said you were the friendliest fairy in the Neatherealm."

"Yeah, the friendliest fairy in the Neatherealm!" Pixie Dust emphasized. "Nobody said I was friendly! Now, what do you want this time, Joe?"

"I need my stuff." Joe said. "I'm kissing the Neatherealm good-bye and heading back to Equestria!"

Pixie Dust sighed heavily and opened the door more open. "Make it quick."

The wirewolves made their way into the tree and took a look around. There were tables full of potions and books and other magical knickknacks. Joe looked around the area.

"Isn't this stuff a little big for a fairy?" Ricky asked.

"This house belonged to my father." Pixie Dust explained. "He was an ogre. One day, some Underlings hunted him down and this place suddenly belonged to me. I would have hired a moving company to help move this stuff, but I didn't want any visitors."

"Sorry to hear about your dad." Ricky said.

"Don't be." Pixie Dust said. "I never knew him. I only knew he existed when his will was mailed to me. But enough about me. Did Joe say you were heading back to Equestria?"

"Yeah." Ricky said. "We found a magic map that's gonna show us how to get home."

"Magic map?" Pixie Dust asked. "Are you talking about the Edgeless Atlas? I read that thing's sentient. You're really following it?"

"Yes, but we've got to keep it on the down-low." Terry said. "Kul'as is after this thing, and he'll pry it out of our cold, dead claws, even if we surrender."

"Which we won't." Ricky said. "Whatever's at the end could be our only way home."

"You're quite determined to get home, huh?" Pixie Dust said. "Something there you're looking to return to... or someone?"

Ricky couldn't believe it. The mean, little fairy could read him like a book. Realizing he's been caught, he gave in.

"It's... Celestia." Everyone jolted their heads when they heard his answer. "She and I have been friends since childhood, but I see her as something more."

"DUDE!" Terry shouted. "When you say Celestia, do you mean Princess Celestia?"

"Yeah." Ricky answered.

"Ricky, she's a princess!" Terry said. "Don't you think she's a little out of your league?"

"Devastate."

"I don't care if it's sweet, Devastator!" Terry replied. "Ricky, don't you think that your little crush might be impossible? I mean, a whole bunch of stallions could be attracted to her."

"This isn't just a crush, Terry!" Ricky explained. He sighed and calmed down. "The only thing that kept me going in this upside-down world is my determination to reunite with Celestia. Everything I remember about her helped me through thick and thin. Don't you all have things you remember from back home that help you cope?

"Remember everyone you had around you

Remember those times you shared

Remember how great it was to be there

Whether you're awake or asleep

Those stories are yours to keep

They are unforgotten memories

The memories you know mean the most to you

Even though it's too good to be true

You know they're real

The unforgotten memories

The memories you hold close to your heart

The light that shines your way in the dark

How do they feel

The once-great moments that you've had

The times returning in your dreams

The happiest event you've ever been through

Would be like yesterday, it seems

I WOULD KNOW

Oh, the stories I could tell

And not even the strongest magic spell

Can change that

YES, I KNOW

It just takes a little time

But I'm sure you know what I'm

Getting at

There are some forgotten memories

But only because we refuse to recall

But we can get through it if we know them all

Oh, the stories

The flashbacks

THE REFLECTIIIIIIOOOOOOONS

REMEMBER EVERYONE YOU HAD AROUND YOU

REMEMBER THOSE TIMES YOU SHARED

REMEMBER EVERYTHING YOU USED TO DO

Hope the unforgotten memories will always be with...

Yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu"

Joe sniffled and leaked water from his eyes. "That was beautiful."

"Devastate."

"I'll 'ditto' you, you overgrown microwave..." Terry said. He sighed. "Okay, Ricky. You win. I'll help you get back to your crush."

"Interesting." Pixie Dust thought to herself. "I wonder..."

Everyone's celebration was interrupted by the sound of metal clanking. They looked at the open door and saw a wirewolf clapping. He gave a mean glare at them and smiled.

"How disgustingly cute. Too bad I've got to crash the party and end it."

"Who are you?" Ricky asked.

"And is this 'Bring a Wirewolf to Work' Day or something," Joe asked, "Because I didn't get the memo."

"Uh, oh!" Terry squeaked in fear. "Ricky, I warned you this would happen!"

"What would happen?" Ricky asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Aaron said extending his sharpened claws. "I'm the new pick-up, and I think you'll find that my extractions can be very... messy. Oh, and... Kul'as sends his regards."

Author's Note:

I had a rough weekend and I had to be out of town, so I couldn't upload this chapter sooner. But better late than never. The song featured here is a parody of "An Ordinary Miracle" from the Hunchback of Notre Dame 2.