• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 466 Views, 25 Comments

The Mighty Machines - Epicdiscord214



Before the ponies, there were robotic wolves from other dimensions. Now, a group of those wolves are going to risk everything to go home.

  • ...
4
 25
 466

Prologue Part 1

Outside of Equestria is an entire world that's like a wasteland. There are no kingdoms, no rules, and no hope anywhere in sight. This Netherealm can only be accessible through a power beyond a hundred alicorns. That very thing was perfect for the thousands of hooded figures to make it across the dead terrain. In the middle of the march, four hooded men carried a large, black chest with a yellow glow escaping from it. One of them almost tripped, but didn't fall. That caught the attention of the hooded elder with his beard sticking out.

"CAREFUL!" the elder shouted. "Do you know what could happen if its power escaped?! We can't have a repeat over what that thing did to our home! We need to do this cautiously!"

The hooded men didn't argue for they knew firsthand that the elder was right. You'd think it was overkill for over a thousand people to deliver just one trunk, but if you knew what was in it, you'd be frightened too.

"Fear," the hooded men chanted,

"Darkness

Disaster

Bane

Evil

GO FASTER

The fear flowing through all our wills

Using up all our strength and our skills

But it's all worth the wait

To be rid of evil incarnate

Let it never

Come back eeeeeveeeeeeeer

The nightmares end

They have to go

The nightmares end

Let the light of hope show

Let this evil never rise again

The nightmares end

Have mercy make amends

The nightmares end

To the ends of eternity"

Suddenly, the elder raised his burned, black hand and the others stopped. He faced his people and declared to them all.

"Men, this is where we shall bury this great evil! Pull out your shovels and start digging! Save our future generations!

"Everyone, we must pray for the future

To have the Multiverse stay pure

We must bury this chest and the evil within

Just to make...

THE NIGHTMARES EEEEEEEEEND"

"The nightmares end," the hooded men sang while digging,

"They have to go

The nightmares end

Let the light of hope show

Let this evil never rise again

The nightmares end

Have mercy make amends

The nightmares end

To the ends of eternity

THE NIGHTMARES END

To the ends of eteeeerniiiiityyyyyy"

The elder approached the black, glowing trunk and gave it a nasty glare.

"I never should have been seduced by your power. It's because of you that my world has been destroyed and my family taken from me! Now... NO ONE SHALL MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?! HAHAHAHAHA!"

The elder's laughing then changed into sobbing. Tears rolled out of his eyes. He then felt a gust of wind brush up against his face. He opened his eyes as he heard the hallucination of a little girl laughing. He gazed up at the wide, open field and sighed. "My dearest Selmi, my little Dawna. My family, I am sorry.

"Forces of nature

Have mercy for us

Get rid of this pure evil

Let no one find it

We're under enough stress

I pray this evil stays still

BUT IF THIS MALEVOLENCE

SHOULD SURFACE ONCE MORE

I BEG THIS ONE, SMALL REQUEST

SEND US A DEFENSE

A HOPE, I ASK FOR

Someone who can put our fears to reeeeest"

The hooded men dug down deep for a whole week. The sun that shined while they were working only emitted a dim light. Finally, they felt they had done enough when they dug down the size of a great crater. They carefully placed the trunk at the very center and spent the next week placing the dirt on top. The men laid back down and felt exhausted. The elder approached his people and a smile escaped his hood.

"Rest up, my people

For we are all free

Our greatest fear is finally through

After centuries of torment

We can rest easy

And mercy has touched other worlds... tooooooooo"

After a few days of resting, the hooded colony has finally decided to move on. They walked into the darkness of the Netherealm and didn't look back at what they just buried.

"THE NIGHTMARES END

NOW, LIGHT AND HAPPINESS BEFRIEND

NOW, THE NIGHTMARES END

TO THE END OF ETERNITY

THE NIGHTMARES END

TO THE END OF ETEEEEERNIIIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

"The niiiiiiiightmares eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend," the elder finished.


Suddenly, the silver unicorn awoke from his bed. He breathed in and out before looking below his window. The morning sunshine lit up the entire room.

"Ricky, get up!" a mare's voice sounded downstairs.

"Coming, mom!" the silver unicorn shouted. He got up from his bed and walked over to the door. He climbed down the stairs and encountered his mom. She had a plate of bacon and eggs and a glass of milk that Ricky accepted.

"Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey." Ricky's mom said.

"Mom, I told you, no one says that anymore." Ricky said. "Well, tonight's the evaluation for the Platinum Advanced Magic School. Today's my final day to practice."

"Well, I've heard that Princess Celestia is getting into the school as well." Ricky's mom said. "If you get accepted, you can be classmates like you've been your whole lives."

"There's also the matter of Celestia getting accepted also." Ricky said. "No one's guaranteed a spot in the classes, including the princess of Equestria. The school's strict like that."

"Well, just eat your breakfast and you can go out."

Ricky finished his breakfast and gathered his supplies. He left through the front door and faced the outside in Canterlot. He then sighed with a slight grin. He then whispered a word so quietly, that not even he could hear himself.

"Celestia."

Author's Note:

I hope everyone enjoyed a good Christmas break. Now that I'm back, I'm giving you all a new prequel; a new story to add in my Creation Saga. You know the Power Ponies prequel. Now, here is the Mighty Machines prequel. These characters were created by fellow FiMfiction writer, Diablo Corps10, who has given me permission to use them in this story. This story may have a darker element than my usual ones, but they'll still be good for all ages.

The song featured in this chapter is a parody of "Deliver Us" from Prince of Egypt. I do not own the original song nor the future songs.