• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 465 Views, 25 Comments

The Mighty Machines - Epicdiscord214



Before the ponies, there were robotic wolves from other dimensions. Now, a group of those wolves are going to risk everything to go home.

  • ...
4
 25
 465

Prologue Part 2

Later that night, an entire crowd of ponies were gathered at the front of the Platinum Advanced Magic School. At the lobby, a hundred unicorns were waiting to be called up for the examination, including Ricky. While he was waiting, he looked out a window next to him and jolted with excitement when he saw the royal carriage pulling up around the front. The guards opened the door and a white alicorn with a rainbow mane walked out. She entered with two guards and Ricky galloped in her direction.

"Celestia!" he cried out getting her attention. "Celestia, it's me..."

Suddenly, he was stopped by the two guards.

"Hold on, kid." a guard said. "No one may approach the..."

"Guards, it's all right." Celestia said. "Ricky's a friend of mine. He can talk to me."

After a moment of thinking, the guards let Ricky pass. Celestia and Ricky chuckled for a second.

"Sorry about that, Ricky. My guards can be a little protective sometimes."

"Well, it's their job, right?" Ricky responded. "They get paid to protect. So... It's just you here."

"My parents had to stay home and take care of Luna. She's been a little moody lately."

"You sure you want to go through with this?" Ricky asked. "After all, you're a princess. The school board knows you have the necessary magic."

"I know, but I don't want to get into this school that way." Celestia responded. "No one likes a technicality, right?"

"I suppose not." Ricky replied. "Just do your best."

"Right."

At that moment, Celestia was called up to the examination room. Ricky and everyone else waited for ten minutes before the young alicorn princess returned. She had a frown on her face which made Ricky shocked. Celestia then changed her expression when she held up a form with the highlighted word: "ACCEPTED!" The whole crowd cheered and Ricky gave her a high hoof.

"Great job, Celestia!" Ricky said. "I'm sure your parents will be proud of you!"

"Thank you, Ricky." Celestia said. "Guess what, I convinced the board to let you go next."

"R... Really?" Ricky asked surprised. "Thank you."

Ricky took a deep breath and entered the room Celestia just exited. There, there were a group of adult unicorns behind a desk. Right next to where Ricky was supposed to be, there was a pedestal with a nest and a red egg.

"Okay." Ricky said nervously. "Hi, I'm Ricky. Of course, you... probably kinow that." It was an awkward moment. "Anyway, what would you like me to do?"

"You see that egg?" one of the unicorns asked. "Use your magic to hatch it."

"Is that it?" Ricky asked. "Okay, if you say so." He stared at the red egg and closed his eyes. His horn began to glow and a ray of light shot out of it.

The ray hit the egg and it began to glow. As it started to crack, the judges began to write on their papers. Suddenly, the egg cracked open and a red-and-orange bird appeared in its place. It was the size of a coffee mug and even cuter than a kitten.

"Well done, Ricky." a judge said. He held up a piece of paper and gave it to Ricky. "You've passed."

"Really?!" Ricky asked in shock. "Thank you! But judges, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of bird is that?"


"A PHOENIX?!" Celestia asked in complete shock when Ricky showed her. The baby bird looked beautiful in the moonlight outside of the school. "You hatched a phoenix?!"

"I know." Ricky said. "I'm just as surprised as you are! But you know what; I think I'll let you have her."

"R... Really?" Celestia asked. "But you hatched it."

"Yes, but I know you can take care of her better than I can." Ricky said. "Besides, I think she's already taking a liking to you."

Celestia turned her head and saw the baby phoenix pearched on her back. She giggled for a little while.

"All right. I think I'll call her... Philomena." She turned back at Ricky. "So... we're both starting class next week."

"Yeah." Ricky said. "I can hardly wait."

"Hey, Ricky," Celstia said, "Do you mind if I say something embarrassing?"

Ricky blushed at the question, but brushed it off. "Sure, yeah."

"I didn't think I'd be in a class this advanced," Celestia sang,

"No matter if I had a crown on my head"

"Are you kidding me?" Ricky asked. "Listen...

"I was worried that you wouldn't take the chance

If you hadn't passed it, I'd probably be dead"

"Our future..." Celestia sang.

"Our future..." Ricky sang.

"Is looking so great" both sang,

"Right down to the very last letter

Life can't get any beeeeeeetteeeeeeeeer

Life can't get any beeeeeeetteeeeeeeeer

Life can't get any better"

"Than this," Celestia sang.

"Than this," Ricky sang.

"Than this," Celestia sang.

"Than this," Ricky sang.

"Life can't get any better" both sang.

"I mean, it's funny," Ricky sang.

"What," Celestia sang.

"We've known each other," Ricky sang.

"Since we were kids," Celestia sang.

"Now, it seems we're going to share the future too" both sang,

"There's no debate about it

I'm not afraid to shout it

I wouldn't get this far without yooouuuuu"

"THERE ARE NO STRIIIIIIIINGS..." Celestia sang.

"THERE ARE NO STRIIIIIIIINGS..." Ricky sang.

"THAT ARE HOLDING US BACK" both sang,

"WE'LL GET THROUGH THIN AND THICK TOGETHER

LIFE CAN'T GET ANY BEEEEEETTEEEEEEEER

LIFE CAN'T GET ANY BEEEEEETTEEEEEEEER

I HOPE IT'S FOREVER"

"LIKE THIS," Celestia sang.

"LIKE THIS," Ricky sang.

"LIKE THIS," Celestia sang.

"LIKE THIS," Ricky sang.

"Life can't get any beeeeeeetteeeeeeeeer" both sang.

The two of them both giggled when they were done. Ricky looked at the alicorn and took a deep breath for a moment.

"Hey, Celestia," he said, "There's something I gotta tell you. It's... Well, it's not easy for me to say."

"Color me interested." the princess said. "What is it?"

"Well..." Ricky said nervously. "It's that... I... Well, I kinda..."

Ricky was so embarrassed by what he wanted to say, he didn't notice the winds blowing so suddenly, but Celestia did.

"Ricky, wait." Celestia said. "Do you feel that?"

Once Ricky took a moment to observe, he felt the wind drastically blowing past his legs. "What the... Something's not right."

"LOOK!" Celestia shouting looking up at the thick clouds spiraling above Canterlot.

Suddenly, a black hole started to form at the center of the clouds. Looking beside themselves, Ricky and Celestia saw small objects floating from the ground and into the hole in the sky. They were frightened, but they started to ease up when an adult, male alicorn flew in and landed beside them.

"King Solaris!" Ricky addressed.

"Dad!" Celestia followed. "What's going on?"

"Discordant Convergence." King Solaris replied. "I didn't think it's be this early! Kids, you've got to follow me back to the carriage! Everyone's got to stay inside until it blows over!"

Ricky and Celestia followed the king across the courtyard and to the carriage. They were almost there until suddenly, Celestia started to hover from the ground. Solaris and Ricky were shocked at the sight. Celestia tried to use her wings to fly away, but she couldn't control her direction.

"CELESTIA!" Ricky gasped. He saw a flagpole beside her, but he knew she couldn't reach it. He then saw an outdoor staircase that leads to where she was about to be. Then, Ricky knew what he had to do.

Ricky ran up the stars to the balcony right where Celestia was about to be. Much to her surprise, Ricky jumped from the edge and headed to her direction. His hooves pushed Celestia toward the pole. She grabbed onto it, but she was still concerned because Ricky was exactly in the position she just escaped from.

"RICKY!" the princess shouted.

"CELESTIA!" Ricky shouted as he floated closer to the hole.

"RICKYYYYYYYYY!" Celestia shouted as her eyes started to tear up.

"CELESTIAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Ricky shouted as he was completely consumed by the hole. Ricky and a boatload of objects was out of sight, and a couple of seconds later, the hole vanished as quickly as it appeared. After a few seconds of waiting, the ponies walked out of cover and King Solaris walked up to his daughter who was watching the sky all shocked and worried.

"He saved me." Celestia said. "He saved me." She then rested her head on her father's body with tears flowing from her eyes. Her father stroked her mane with his hoof and consoled her.

"It's okay, 'Tia. It's okay. We won't forget him. We'll never forget Ricky."


Nothing stayed the same in Ricky's eyes. He couldn't tell if he was moving up, down, or even diagonal. Everywhere he turned, he saw shaped and colors changing, and he felt he was moving at the speed of light. Suddenly, he felt a jolt of electricity flow through his body. He looked at his hooves and saw them change as well with the rest of his surroundings.

He grew what looked like giant hands, but they were silver and unbelievably sharp. His entire body started to change with similar features until he no longer resembled a pony. He looked like a metallic wolf with red glowing eyes. And his scream sounded like a uproarious howl. That was how Ricky became... a wirewolf.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. It could be a while between chapters because of my school's new, stressful schedule. Anyway, now that the prologue is over, the story can begin.

The song featured here is a parody of "Love is an Open Door" from Frozen.