• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 658 Views, 1 Comments

Kingdom in Peril - R-Dashiefan20



What happens when Sombra returns again? Only time will tell.

  • ...
9
 1
 658

Chapter 8

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked, but, she was already gone.

I turned and ran down to the field. I took off my armor and set it on one of the benches.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, we could start with a race." I suggested.

"Really, you want to race me? You know I'm the fastest flyer in all of Equestria, right?" She said.

"We'll see." I said as I unbandaged my wing and extended it.

"You're wing's healed already?" She asked.

"Not completely. But I can't just let it sit there and be useless. I need to work through the pain. I don't think Sombra will hold off his attack because I have an injured wing." I said.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"Well, this track's pretty big. So, let's say ten laps?" She replied.

"Sounds good to me." I said.

The track was pretty big, at least a mile around. We positioned ourselves at the start line and got ready.

"One, two, three. Go!" We both counted together.

We took off and flew around the track. I passed Rainbow, but she was hot on my heels. We raced around passing each other at various times. We rounded for our final lap and crossed the finish line side by side.

"Not... bad." Rainbow gasped.

"Not... so bad... yourself." I breathed back.

"You... may just... have a future... with the... Wonderbolts." I said as I went over to get us some water.

I grabbed two bottles from a cooler and tossed one to Rainbow. She took a big gulp.

"You really... think so?" She asked.

"Well, anyone that can keep up with the captain of a squad of Covert Flyers, deserves to be in the Wonderbolts. Hell, I bet I could get you into the CF." I said.

"Really?" She replied.

"Sure. You got the right attitude and the flying skills. But, before I can make a decision, let's test those sword skills." I said.

I walked over to a rack of weapons and pulled out two broad swords. I handed her one and assumed a fighting stance.

"Don't expect me to go easy one you. You talked a big game, now put your money where your mouth is." I said as I clanged by blade off hers.

We went back and forth for a few minutes, until I got the better of her. I forced my bladed horizontally against hers and pushed her own blade close to her face. She strained from the force.

"Not bad for a weather pegasus. But, you still need some work." I said as I knocked her blade away.

It sailed over head and stuck in the ground with a thump. She stumbled backwards and was about to fall to the ground. I dropped my blade and ran over to catch her. I caught her around the waist and middle of her back. The sudden stop jolted her. She looked up at me and for the first time, we made complete eye contact. I stared into her magenta eyes. She slowly leaned up towards me and I towards her. Slowly our lips connected and we embraced each other in a long, loving kiss. After about a minute, we pulled apart.