• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 557 Views, 7 Comments

Starlight's Struggle - adorablesmiles



Starlight Glimmer definitely made some mistakes in her time, but when approached by Twilight and her friends, will she find it in herself to stay on the right path, or will it all go to waste?

  • ...
3
 7
 557

A quiet place

It wasn't very long until I realized that I had never left the spot on the floor. I guess it was because I was really caught up in this book I was reading. I don't know how that happens, but whenever I'm reading a book that I really like, I always drift off into my own little world.

But this book was really interesting. It talked about how, in the early days of Equestria, the magic became unstable and there was only one Unicorn that could balance it out again.

Huh... Celestia never told me anything about that. And it never happened before I became an Alicorn.

And all this made no sense because it seemed like it should have happened sooner or later.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be stuck on this for the next few months.

---------------------

The walk through Ponyville was very uncomfortable to say the least. I know that I thought it would be best for me to be alone right now, but right now I was trying to find a good place.

Although the search just had to lead to other ponies that were trying to avoid me. Not to mention that a few of them were definitely talking about me. I didn't know what they were saying, but I knew they were. Even though they weren't around when this little incident happened, they knew what I did. I had no idea how, but I knew somepony had told them.

Although, I didn't know what it would take to get them to stop seeing me as a bad pony. I believed that I had changed, but they didn't. And I was probably going to have to put in a lot of effort to prove myself.

Finally, I reached a quiet spot. I was relieved that I did, because I really needed to think things through. Having to pass by all those ponies that apparently hate me now really took a toll on my mood.

"I'm really concerned about this. I mean, I know that my choice almost ruined Equestria. But that was before I knew better. And now I've seen the error of my ways, but nopony would believe it."

I layed my head down and sighed. I didn't want to start crying because I knew that it wouldn't help me any. But if I did, no one would care because I was all alone anyway.

"S-Starlight?" I heard. Naturally, that did startle me.

"Um... yes?" I said.

When I turned around, I saw Fluttershy standing by a tree, and she had a worried look on her face.

"Um... I'm sorry." I said, turning away from her again.

And then I felt a gentle hoof find it's way around my side.

"That makes no sense. You really don't have anything to be sorry for." She said in that shy little voice of hers. I knew that she was trying to be comforting, but I didn't think that I deserved it.

"Well I would be lying if I said that I wasn't feeling guilty about what happened. And the fact that everyone in Ponyville hates me isn't exactly making things any better for me."

She only got closer after I said that. "Oh Starlight, you shouldn't beat yourself up over that."

I still didn't want to look at her. "Why not?"

She shrugged. "It may have been an error in judgment, but that was before Twilight took you in."

I nodded half heartedly. "Maybe. But I don't even understand what happened. All I know is that I was mad at Twilight and I did crazy things. And now they seem pretty pointless to me now." I was still avoiding all eye contact.

She didn't say anything after that. All she did was hug me. I guess that was a silent way of saying "Everything's going to be just fine." But something inside me didn't know what to believe anymore.

Author's Note:

I rewrote this several hundred times, mainly because of typos and bad ideas. I'm still not very sure about this one, but still I hope everyone likes it!