• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 557 Views, 7 Comments

Starlight's Struggle - adorablesmiles



Starlight Glimmer definitely made some mistakes in her time, but when approached by Twilight and her friends, will she find it in herself to stay on the right path, or will it all go to waste?

  • ...
3
 7
 557

Friendliness

"Twilight, I think you should hear what just happened!" I shouted as loudly as I could manage.

"Fluttershy, I'm reading." She said.

"Oh, I know. But... Can I still tell you what happened?"

She used her magic to put a piece of paper in between the pages, and then she shut the book. "Alright, Fluttershy. You have my full, undivided attention."

I nodded. "Well, I had a little chat with Starlight before I came here."

"Did you?"

"Yes, and she was really upset."

She looked at me like she was confused. "Did she tell you what it was about?"

"Well, yes. It was about what happened." I said.

"I take it that she hasn't gotten over it yet?"

I sighed. "No. She hasn't. I'm worried about her."

She gave me a faint smile. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I know because if she really wants to change, she'll pull through."

"How are you so smart when it comes to this stuff, Twilight?" I asked.

"Because I've done this before. I know how to handle it."

"Well I was definitely here for one of those times."

She nodded.

"But are you going to help her?"

"Honestly, I think the only one that can really help Starlight is herself."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means that if she really wants to make things better, then she'll find a way to do it."

"You really are smart, aren't you?" I said.

"Oh... it's nothing. I've been learning all my life."

---------------

Believe it or not, I had actually gotten tired of being alone. It might have been because I was being too hard on myself. I mean, I thought that I deserved it, but apparently Fluttershy didn't think so. She was being nice to me, even after everything I've done to her. The way I saw it, I almost ruined her life. I was surprised that she wanted to have anything to do with me after that.

I'm not saying that I'm ungrateful for her forgiving me so easily, because I am. I just don't understand how she can do it for somepony like me.

But I'm getting thrown off here.

I had finally decided to leave my hiding place. Although, I did really have anywhere else to go unless I wanted to visit Twilight again. And I couldn't exactly go home either. For one, it's miles and miles away from Ponyville. Also, there's just too many bad memories there. And I really don't need to be more upset about my current situation than I already am.

It's weird, but I didn't think it would have been fair of me to bother Twilight. I really wasn't thinking straight right now, because I didn't know if she wanted my company or not.

You're being silly, Starlight. She wouldn't mind having your company. She did befriend you after all. Why wouldn't she want to spend time with you?

Even though I thought that, I still wasn't very sure about this whole thing. But I was desperate to do anything just so I wouldn't have to be alone anymore. It was making me miserable all on it's own.

----------------

I had finally started reading again after Fluttershy left, which hadn't been that long ago.

I know that it probably seems weird for the Princess of Friendship to be without her friends, but even I enjoyed these quiet moments to myself where it was just me and my books.

But even that moment by myself couldn't have lasted forever.

I heard a noise coming from the hallway outside. It sounded like somepony tapping on the door with a hoof.

So I closed the book again. I guess that I could have continued my learning later. Besides, it would be rude if I ignored whoever it was on the other side of the door. That definitely wouldn't have been very friendly of me.

I walked over to the door. And I had a blank moment when I actually tried to open the door, because I tried to open it by pushing on it.

Twilight, get your head out of your books. It's distracting you too much.

And I did so. I used my horn to open up the door.

And there was Starlight.

"Um... Hi, Twilight." She said. And she sounded like she was upset, just like Fluttershy had told me earlier.

"Hi. I was wondering where you were. In fact, Fluttershy was just telling me about you." I said.

"She was?"

I nodded. "Yeah. She told me that you were upset."

"Well, I can't deny it, mainly because it's true."

I looked over at her. I admit that I was worried about her too. "Would you be able to tell me about it?"

Starlight hesitated for a minute or two, but she finally spoke up. "I guess I could, if it wouldn't be too big of a burden on you."

"That's silly. You couldn't be a burden to me."

She looked shocked. "Are you sure?"

I nodded again.

She sighed. I couldn't tell if she was anxious to get it over with or what. I knew that she already told Fluttershy, but that didn't necessarily mean that she was up for telling me.

"Fine. It's depressing how everypony in Ponyville hates me. I don't like the way it feels."

"Are you saying that you didn't expect this to happen?" I asked.

"Well... no." She said.

"Listen, I'm going to tell you exactly what I told Fluttershy. Reforming villains isn't anything new for me. I've done it twice before you."

"You- You have?"

"Yeah. This probably won't be that hard for me."

She finally smiled. "Thanks, Twilight. I feel much better now."