• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 557 Views, 7 Comments

Starlight's Struggle - adorablesmiles



Starlight Glimmer definitely made some mistakes in her time, but when approached by Twilight and her friends, will she find it in herself to stay on the right path, or will it all go to waste?

  • ...
3
 7
 557

Beginning

"I don't want to go in there, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash moaned.

"Rainbow Dash, you've gotta do it! You already said you would. You can't be getting cold hooves now!" Twilight was practically screaming at her right now.

Then I heard more grunting coming from in the hall. "Maybe, but that was then, and this is now!" And apparently Rainbow Dash didn't want to stop.

"It ain't you Twi. Dash is just bein' hard to get along with, as usual." Applejack said.

"What the hay are you talking about?! I'm not hard headed, I'm awesome! Other ponies wish they could be half as awesome as me!" Rainbow mocked.

"Dash, you're really getting on my last nerve. Just get in there and do it. It's not going to be the end of Equestria if you do." Applejack said. I was going to have to remember to ask Twilight if them bickering was a normal thing.

And then more grunting. By this point, I was starting to think that after what I did, what with trying to change the pasts of Twilight and her friends because of my own selfish desires, that they didn't want to help me. And I couldn't blame them for holding back. I know what I did, and I saw the awful consequences that came with it. And Equestria practically fell apart without that one Rainboom. Honestly, I was still surprised that something like that could have had such an effect on the way that things turned out in the present day.

Meanwhile, Twilight and Applejack were still struggling with Rainbow Dash. I really wasn't paying attention anymore though. The only one out of all them that really wanted to reform me was Twilight. And now here they were, forcing Rainbow Dash to do something she didn't want to.

"Rainbow Dash, we're not going to stop until you give in!"

"Applejack! You obviously don't know me very well! I'm never going in there with Starlight for as long as I live!"

I sighed quietly. Things were much worse than I thought they were.

-------------------

"Dash! You're being immature!" I said. My hat had already fallen off when I started pushing Dash in the direction of the room that Starlight was now waiting in. And Dash was resisting going inside there to help.

And that was when a thought popped in my head.

"Rainbow Dash, if you don't go in there, I'm going to tell Pinkie that you broke a Pinkie Promise. And I know that you don't like her when she's angry at somepony for breaking a Pinkie Promise."

And then, without even knowing what she would do or even how she would react, I let her go, and just as quickly as I did that, she fell to the floor.

"You know, on second thought, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I went in there." She said, as she got back up on her hooves.

"That's what I thought." I said, as she childishly trotted into the room.

And then she turned around to face me once more. And before she shut the door, she rolled her eyes at me.

"I can tell that she doesn't want to be around Starlight." I said.

"I wouldn't worry about those two." Twilight started. "Eventually Starlight will grow on her. I'm just sure of it."

"I hope you're right, Twi." I said.