• Published 4th Dec 2015
  • 507 Views, 8 Comments

Divided Loyalties.. - Ponyess



Chrysalis is alone and lonely, a black heart, in a black skin. There is no love, and none to love; everything had been eternally lost or, so she had thought. Yet, there is the one who is willing to reach out a hoof, in friendship and hope.

  • ...
 8
 507

The Impossible, and a collaps of Reality: 1

Author's Note:

Crysalis' POV

I sit in the dark cave, alone and abandoned. Hunching over the emptiness and darkness I never had dared to imagine. Now it is towering over my spirit; where it lay shattered, on the hard rock under my chest.

This is where I had woken up, it is where I found myself. What time it is, I have no idea; why bother looking out through the entrance of the cave to know. As a matter of fact, I fear I had actually walled the entrance up, before I collapsed where I now found myself.


The cave is cold, just like my home; it is all I have. As I turn my back on everything I had known, I see something that I knew just could not be; yet in defiance, it is there, staring back at me. Beyond fear, I just laughed at the absurdity; there is nothing else I could do. Yet, this is a cold, joyless laughter; that had no place in the throat of a living being.

Next, I hear a rumble as the ground is shaking under the remains of what I once had been. As I once more open my eyes, I see something; merely a pink mist, as if a cloud, spiting a storm is ruefully floating towards me, but with the sound of a crowd of countless laughters.


The cloud had just stopped before me, as if she was actually observing me. Oh, but for the absurdity of it all. Now I know, I am dead, and I had gone to the infamous Tartarus the Ponies seldom spoke off.

Only then, there is the strangest of sounds before me, as if from within the pink cloud of nonsense. If it is mechanical, or organic in nature is beyond reason. Either it is pure magic, or I am hallucinating. What’s the difference, this is all the same.

I open my eyes, after I had blinked, and there is a Pony before me. Where she came from, within an empty cave, where nothing could be. Maybe she is the spokes Pony of Tartarus, denouncing my sentence? I guess I should welcome it, and expect to be at the bottom of the pit that is my existence.


“Hiya, Chrysalis!” the mare exclaimed, in a voice that still could not be.

She reached out a single soft hoof, and picked me up from the bottomless pit; of the nonsense, and nonexistence in which I had been floating.

“Outh, are you? The Judge of Tartarous?” I breathed; as if I feared, the response could actually have been worse than my last nightmare?

“No, silly Chrysalis. I most certainly am not!” she pronounced; as if she had sentenced me, nonetheless.

Yet, the sentence felt harsher; than the one I had been dishing out over myself. If this isn’t in fact Tartarus, is there a place even deeper than though?

“If this is not Tartarus, who are you?” I breathed.

“I am your shadow, but my friends know me as Pinkie Pie!” she exploded, in a roar of laughter; that almost shattered the walls of the cave, in which I am standing before her.

“My shadow!” I snapped.

“Is your full name in fact; Pinkamena Deana Pie?” I added, incredulously.

“The one, and only. The Rock Farmer and the Party Pony!” she pointed out.


The next instant, she spared the rock wall of the cave a moment; while she pummeled it with the tips of her hooves, beating out the tune of a wedding march. Only then, there is dust on the floor, and a glistering black heart in her hoof; which she reached forth and hoofed over to me as the single proof.

“Oh, but wait. I did have another gift for you. Something for you to wear, now since your old suit is gone, but it would never fit you again, so there is no loss there!” she prompted.

“You are insane, even for a Pony, and I have the impression you already knew that!” I responded, as I accepted her gift, wrapped in a small box.

“They told me that, when we set out to oppose Nightmare moon, single-hoofed. On that note, I guess I have heard worse in my day!” she addressed my response; and urged me to wear, what was in the box.

“Is there anyone, or anything that you have not opposed? You are the mare who engaged in a conversation with one of my minions, when I laid Canterlot under siege!” I added.

“Let me see; I did oppose Nightmare Moon, then I was opposing you and your army, King Sombra, Discord. I am opposing sanity; logic, and even the fabric of space itself, so I guess I have them all ticked off, right there!” she counted on her hooves; but as she concluded the statement, she had counted more pink hooves than I have seen in the span of my entire life.

“Wait, what! How many hooves does an Earth Pony have?” I inquired.

“Beats me, but there is more Ponies, Changelings and Zebras taken together doesn’t know, than you could manage to slip into the Royal library of Canterlot!” she pointed out.


There it was, again; that strange sound I can’t put a hoof or a horn on. The next instant, I have a full-sized Royal Alicorn before me. Only this Alicorn is clearly pink, and with a tightly curled up mane.

“Okay, but how did you manage to do that, and what is that sound?” I merely spoke up; looking her in the eye, from more than a foot below the level of her eyes.

“Some tricks work because you don’t know how they actually work, and some because you do know; this is most likely in the former category. On that note, let’s just fly out of this depressing dump!” she pronounced, as she flapped her wings.

Before I had the time to protest, I had noticed the appearance of stars overhead, as if I had been under the clear sky, in a jolly night. These were the days.'


“Dear Crysalis, you do know that we are more alike; than you or the Ponies dare imagine. In a sense, I am you. I fell what you feel, and I have been where you are. Frightening, isn’t it?” she declared, as if it had been a Royal decree.

“No mere Pony could ever know how I feel; even if old mares’ tales speak of a shared history and linage, somewhere in the misty past before Discord ruled what is now known as Equestria!” I proclaimed firmly, while trying my best to fight the hard, cold shiver she; or rather her words caused me.

“What does it take, to punch through your thick skull? I am no mere Pony. I am your shadow, but tuned on a different frequency than the Love you require. I have more magic than Twilight could ever have, and more love; than even Cadance could know. If you haven’t felt that yet, maybe you truly are on a level below even Tartarus?” she concluded.

“When you put it that way, how ever did you manage to break the spell I had put up in order to block out the earthly existence? Was I that weak, when I cast the spell?” I prompted.

Then I looked down on my chest; and that glistering, black top she prompted to wear; only it came with a strange cerise shimmer to it. I am wearing the skirt, and the boots she pushed in under my muzzle as well.

“Oh, that was only too easy; when you are prepared to oppose both logic, and the fabric of space and time in a single pounce, and punch through. I felt the friend in need of my love; the friend, deprived of the smile I need. Perfect symmetry, wouldn’t you say; my dear!” she pondered.

“Excuse me, but your logic has far too many hooves for me to handle, right there!” I pointed out, fighting a new shiver.

--- --- ---