• Published 15th Dec 2015
  • 498 Views, 6 Comments

A dark past - Element Reading



An ex marine, one who fought aliens and almost lost his life many times is having more war dreams then normal. His wife Rainbow Dash starts to find out more about his past then she might want.

  • ...
5
 6
 498

Chapter 3: Learning about the battle of Russia

Axis's dream:

the group open their eyes to a battlefield, it was covered with pieces of fallen aircraft, sand bags, and a whole lot of bodies. The ground was covered in snow, the sky was dark and cloudy.

Rarity was about to say something, but Luna stopped her and said. "Hold on, if any of you talk it will wake him up, screaming and crying are okay. Trust me I have done this for a long time."

They looked behind them and saw a passed out teenager Axis with both of his feet, a marine ran to the unconscious Axis and shouted, "WAKE UP PRIVATE AND GET OUT THERE!"

Axis woke up and replied, "sir yes, sorry sir!" he jumped to his feet and picked up his gun, it was an mk15 assault riffle, fully automatic.

Axis jumped over the sandbags and started to fire at a lone alien. He fired three shots killing it, he looked up and saw one of the missiles coming right on his position, he shouted, "MISSILE!" And ducked to the nearest rock, it barely missed him and with his shout three other soldiers got out of the way.

He looked from the side of the rock for any aliens, there was one, a field captain, he grabbed his only grenade and pulled the pin. He waited a second and threw it at the alien, it didn't even see the grenade until pow.

One explosion later it was just a blood splatter.

Axis was about to charge the group of spitters until he heard, " HELP! MY LEGS ARE GONE, HELP!"

He ran towards the down marine, she had blood stained on her face, he legs were gone, "hey! I am going to try to get you to the medic tent! Grab my back!" She grabbed his back and he was pigging her back to the med tent.

They were starting to be impressed with him, though Fluttershy is pretty much in shock.

Until one of the soldiers shouted, "ALIEN JET, DUCK FOR COVER!" Axis looked and there one was, it was to fast to id, but he did drop to the ground.

They heard the bullets hit the ground next to him and coming towards him, one second of ducking he heard the ship fly away to re arm, he asked, "you okay!?" He heard nothing so he looked at her, turns out that she took all the bullets and died on his back.

They were stunned, Axis swung her off and crawled to the nearest sandbag cover, he was now panicking. "BADA*S INCOMING!" He looked and saw the biggest field alien on the battlefield.

It pointed it at Axis, "oh s**t!" It fired. the sheet of plane blocked the bullets, but he couldn't move, he yelled, "BADA*S HELP, HELP I AM PINNED, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!"

Though the only soldiers that came were shot, he looked to his side and saw a dead body of one of his comrades. He looked closer at the body and saw a grenade. He pulled off the body, he took his mp15 and fired it while throwing the grenade through a small hole in the sheet.

It hit the bada*s and before it could react it exploded killing it.

They heard him and a few soldiers cheering. Until they heard a random soldier yell, "RETREAT! RETREAT! THAT IS AN ORDE-" he was shot down.

The soldiers started to fallback, though Axis closed his eyes for a second and charged the alien line. He fired the rest of his clip at a cluster of aliens killing and wounding all of them.

He ducked to a sandbag cover and reloaded. They heard a marine shout, "HELP!" Axis looked around and saw a guy being pinned down by three field captains.

He thought for a second, what he did was run into the aliens and clean the clip, he fired 30 bullets at them killing the capts.

Axis ran over to the down marine, he was about 6 foot, he had blood coming out of his gut, Luna stopped the dream and looked him.

After a second she jumped back a bit, Twilight asked, "w-whats wrong Luna?"

She replied, "that is my husband!"

They all just stared at the two, Rainbow asked, "wait since you two talked why isn't he waking up?"

Luna replied, "because when I stop a dream his subconscious is halted, meaning he is still asleep, and not able to hear us."

They were all satisfied with her answer.

She resumed the dream keeping an eye on her future husband, "sir, private Axis, I will get you outta here!"

As he was picking up her husband he said in one of the toughest voices, "no, there is a medic coming, keep the fire on, keep them from fleeing. If someone charges the line the rest will do the same. Just take out the tank!"

He looked at a giant tank, it was bright red, it's hull was curved and looked like a halo Covenant wraith.

Axis charged a small group of spitters and fired the reloaded gun, he fired 10 bullets killing them.

Other troops began to give him more cover fire as he took cover behind a fallen bada*s, Axis was right next to the tank, it had two big guns firing upon the sky destroying all human crafts, it also had a giant barrel that was holding all the human vehicles back.

Axis grabbed an alien grenade and charged the tank, it had no guns guarding it, Axis climbed on it and shouted into the barrel, "HEY B******S! EAT THIS!" He threw a grenade into the barrel and ran to the nearest cover.

It blew up into a lot of pieces, Axis yelled into his mic, "tank destroyed, I repeat tank destroyed, send the tanks and planes in!"

As he got confidence Axis ran towards a captain, until he saw it throw a glowing line, it grabbed his feet making him fall to the ground and roll to the sandbags. It was melting the flesh between his legs and feet. He was screaming, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, MEDIC, I NEED A F**KING MEDIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HELP, HELP ANYONE!" He saw a few guys try to get him.

Though they got shot instead. Axis's head laid back as he began to accept it, until he heard, "I'M COMING SOLDIER, HOLD ON!"

He opened his eyes and saw a field medic running towards him, "oh god, these things are tough, I need to get you to the medic ten- HEY! STAY WITH ME!" Axis began to pass out from blood loss, the line cut his feet and was releasing a toxin into his blood, all it does it hurt. and kill after a few hours if not treated.

Rainbow Dash was on the brink of tears, everypony else was just staring in shock, Axis closed his eyes and the dream faded. Meaning he died. Luna said, "what happened? That has never happened!"

Twilight was about to say something, though another dream began form, it was a tent full of medics trying to revive him. As he opened his eyes in the dream one of the doctors said, "back from the dead! A full 10 minutes, damn it, here's your twenty."

He handed the money to a nurse, "w-what h-h-happene-ed?"

The doctor took off the surgery mask, "you died, but we brought you back. You have just beat the world record for time dead, anyway, thanks to you destroying the tank the military sent reinforcements, twice what we started with. We won."

Said the doctor, "y-yay!" Said Axis, "now, now, get some rest, we got other soldiers to tend to, but well done private."

Axis smiled. As his eyes closed the dream ended, they all woke up, except for Axis.

They quietly, but quickly got out, that night none of them got any rest, especially Rainbow Dash who had to sleep with him knowing the horrors of his past.

Author's Note:

Tell me in the comments if I messed up any words please, thank you.

This is just one story of many that will be coming to this universe. I call it the Leonverce!