• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 8,147 Views, 66 Comments

Who I was - LuneLover



Twilight Sparkle has a happy life, but that's about to change.

  • ...
9
 66
 8,147

One year

Twilight woke up feeling happy and excited, altough she didn't know why. Then she remembered.

Exactly a year ago, she had wandered into the Everfree Forest and she had built her home there , making five wonderful friends along the way: Lyra, a unicorn; Bon-Bon, Roseluck, both Earth ponies; and Raindrops and Cloudkicker, two pegasus. They lived not too far from where her home was, and they visited each other frequently. The idea of the little party at Roseluck's cottage, that she had promised, made her smile. Still smiling, she got out of bed, went downstairs and set everything up. When she was ready, she left her house. She didn't even need a map, because one year had been enough for her to know the Everfree Forest like her own house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight walked to Roseluck's house, taking her time to examine her sorruondings. That was what she loved the most in the Everfree Forest (apart from her friends, naturally): the nature. Everywhere you looked, there was a strange bush, a beautiful flower or an unique tree. Even the monsters, as dangerous as they were, were still quite interesting. And let's not forget the-

Wait, what was that?

She turned around. Had she actually heard the sound of someone walking through the leaves? She was sure it had to be another pony. She knew how the hooves sounded; it clearly was a pony.

"Hello? Is anypony there?"

Seeing that there was no answer, Twilight decided to think of something happy to calm herself down. Happy. She remembered when she met her friends, when they had a sleepover at Lyra's, when they spent Heart's Warming together, when they-

Then she heard a voice that she never wanted to hear again. A voice that, along with many others, were the protagonists of her nightmares. The voices which gave faces to the ponies she never wanted to see again.

"Ah' finally found you, Twi!"

Twilight turned around and saw her worst fear comfirmed.
Standing there, was an orange pony with yellow hair and three apples as a cutie mark.

"Is somethin' wrong, sugarcube?"

She stared in shock, and, to her surprise, another pony came out of the bushes. A cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail, and a three-colored rainbow going out of a cloud as a cutie mark. Another pony she didn't want to meet.

"Finally, Twi! We've been looking everywhere for- Wait, why are you looking at me that way?"

Not answering, she turned around and started to run as fast as she could, not even daring to look behind.

"Wait, Twi!"

Twilight felt herself being lifted off the ground by a cyan magical aura. Forgetting that she had magic, she struggled to free herself, but in vain.

"I'm sorry darling, but this way you won't escape."

The voice belonged to a white unicorn with a stylish purple-colored mane and a cutie mark representing three gemstones.

Twilight wondered how many more of her nightmares where going to become true that day.

The pegasus sighed."Don't you remember us, Twi?"

She did, but there was a difference between not remembering and not wanting to remember. But those thoughts meant nothing now. She was trapped in a dead end.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity had captured her. She couldn't run away anymore. But then her salvation came.

"Hey! What are you guys doing to Twilight!?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra was one of those ponies who couldn't orientate themselves, no matter where they were. That's why she always used teletransportation, but after being mocked about it at the last party with her friends, she had decided to walk, like the others did.

It seemed that she was going in the right direction and that everything was going to be fine, until she heard voices coming from her left. Moved by curiosity, she turned in that direction.

And what she saw horrified her.

There were three ponies: a pegasus, an earth pony, an unicorn, and another pony struggling to free herself from the unicorn's magical grasp.

And that last pony was Twilight.

Alarmed at the sight of her friend suffering, Lyra jumped in sight of the other ponies. "Hey! What are you guys doing to Twilight!?", she shouted.

The unicorn gave her a calming smile."Don't worry darling, we just wanted to-", she spoke before being interrupted by Twilight.

"Lyra! Help me! They are trying to hurt me!" She cried.

"Dear, what are you talking-", the unicorn was interrupted again, this time by a magic bolt from Lyra's horn, making her drop her magic around Twilight.

Before the other two could react, Lyra jumped to Twilight. Her horn glowed, teleporting them both out of there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They appeared in Roseluck's home, and the owner of the house herself greeted them.

"Hello, Lyra! Is that Twilight with-Wait, is she okay!?", Roseluck spoke, getting worried when she saw the expresion in Twilight's face.

"Roseluck, bring the others. I'll tell you what happened while Twilight recovers"

Roseluck obeyed, and moments later, Bon Bon, Cloudkicker and Raindrops were in the room, and Twilight was sitting in a comfy chair, drinking from a glass of milk and eating from a plate of cookies as she watched Lyra explain the situation to the others.

"Twilight, do you know why they attacked you?", asked Cloudkicker, clearly worried about her friend.

She nodded."Let me tell you about it."

"Are you sure? You don't have to tell us right now", said Raindrops.

"No, you deserve to know.", Twilight answered. "Now, when I came to the EverFree Forest I told you all about me. But the reason I stopped being Celestia's protege was not because I dropped my studies and decided to have a calmer life."

"What? But you said-"Raindrops started, but was cut off.

"I know what I said, but you'll understand when I get to that moment" Said Twilight.

"It all started in my brother's wedding..."