• Published 24th Feb 2017
  • 1,156 Views, 29 Comments

Horse La Horse Season 2: Desperate Struggle - Stegtorn



A human, and Minotaur, and a Unicorn walk up to Canterlot, *Insert cultural reference and fight scene*

  • ...
9
 29
 1,156

Episode 2: Breaking Dawn

“Halt! Halt!” the guards yelled, their hooves smacking hard against the stone of the floor. Sounded like the imperial guards of Daggerfall were not at all happy with you. To be fair, you did beat the shit out of their princess and allowed her to be captured by the combination villain team now calling itself the Mega Forces and dressing in tight wrestling uniforms. Those were likely the pony equivalent of assless singlets. Worn only by professionals, on professional occasions.

With a sick slide, that kicks up a knee high cloud of dust, you stop and spin to facing the troop of guards behind you. The front most begin choking on your dust as they stop too, squinting and quickly trying to regain composure so that they may apprehend you. The ones in the back begin to notice their buddies have stopped and quit their incessant shouts of “halt”.

The hallway is tight, and silent aside from the reverbs of “halt” running down behind you. About ten (10!) royal guardsman stand before you, and you bet if they had sleeves and knuckles they'd be scrolling and cracking them. Your suit had reverted to its base form, Fluttersuit being worn out from the Celestia encounter. That Stare power could have been useful right about now.

It's not too big a worry, is it? You're Anonymous, skilled brawler and proud owner of a GED after being ejected from Magic High School. You've knocked down the best, what is ten little baby guards?

You set to cracking each knuckle lightening fast, then with a quick step forward you put your body's weight into a downward punch that connects with the skull of the front most guard. His legs give underneath him and he clatters to the floor.

“Should have worn a helmet,” you comment, following with a uppercut to his closest comrade, sending him right into the roof. Bricks crack and give way. Dusty mortar rains down as he kicks and flails, stuck neck deep in the above wall. The scream of a servant can be heard above, and the clamor of some platters that she must have been carrying.

The remain eight's shock wears off quick, training kicks in, and so do they, two diving down at you with their hindhooves ready to cave in your chest. You duck underneath the first one, and he tumbles behind you. The other collides into your shoulder, sending a big volt of pain through you. You fall down onto the hard stone, landing on the big fella that sailed right over you.

“Should have worn shoulder pads,” he grunts, sticking his tongue out at you.

You grab at his nearest hoof and pull him forward, just in time too, as his friend was trying to trample you. The sound of horseshoes against armor rings out through the hall as your assailant receives some friendly fire. Your shoulder aches in pain, put you use your vast upper body strength to toss the two ponies off you, sending them into the others waiting for their turn to strike.

You feel like it's time to run, and vault over the two knocked down ponies, chargering down the hallway like a Dodge. If you remember correctly following this would take you outside again. And then what? How are you gonna face down Twilight after beating her teacher within an inch of her (immortal) life?

You lose the guards through the twisting hallways, but there will be more. And there is more, a ring of them in fact, those that you evade earlier and more. The back garden was choking with them, early sunlight reflecting off their shiny golden armor. Fuck, the place was more guardpony than plant.

Who raised the sun today? You wonder. The face of an angry Cadence doesn't give you an answer, but she pushes her way through the ring of gruff looking guards, and she has someone in tow. Who is that?

“Ah, damn.”

You'd seen Twilight this mad one time, and it wasn't at you. Spike had broken into her personal PC (the P here doesn't stand for personal it stands for pony, so they're more like PPCs). He'd replaced all her fanfictions with hot spicy pictures of mares. Absolutely lewd stuff, and you helped him find it all. Being a bro, however, he endured over fifty minutes of screeching and embarrassment, and in fact did not sell you out. He was in the doghouse for a month. Literally, he was sleeping in the backyard of the Treebrary like a dog; you had to sneak him his meals because she wouldn't let him have anything.

“Anon,” she said softly, there was no sound whatsoever that she had to speak over. The guarden was eerily silent. “I think we need to have a talk.”

A guy in the back broke into a sweat, watering the grass with his perspiration. Many of the attendees looked likewise nervous, rather than smug. You'd expect they'd be a bit more excited to see the guy who pummeled them and their princess a bit of a talking too.

“Yo, what's good?” you said, keeping up your usual lack of enthusiasm or seriousness.

“Why did you do all this!? Why couldn't you have used your words, and your friendship to solve the problem! Five minutes of talking could have gotten you the same results, without all this collateral damage. Anon, are you stupid?”

You squint, trying to find some hidden meaning in her words that you can’t uncover. She seems genuinely confused, mind boggled.

“What did I ever do to you aside from try my best to be your marefriend? Am I not good enough? You still would leave me in a flash if you had a chance?”

“Well,” you say rubbing the back of your neck

Horn magic blast. Big purple beam for massive damage. Always bet on waifu. You hear the stone walk crack as you slam into it, and feel the rain of rock shards on your head and shoulders as you fall down, but none of the pain. You’re trying to think if you really would leave Twilight behind. You were gonna do it about fifteen minutes ago, but now? Second thoughts are looming.

“Wait just a second here, Twilight,” you say, trying to stand, index finger pointed toward a morning sky.

She magics up a hold on you, keeping you firmly planted on the dirt.

“I think we’re done, Anonymous, feel free to go home however you can. No need for m-me to tie you down,” she says choking back some emotions you couldn’t place.

You see your suit sparkle a bit, and then feel oddly lighter than before.

“Y-you don’t need me right?” her voice cracks with emotion, and then she continues with new vigor, anger in her words, “So you shouldn’t need my suit either."

And then suddenly all the pain you should have felt and been feeling for the past couple hours comes crashing down at once, overloading your pea-brain.

“How cliché,” you manage to groan, before blacking out. You feel your body being sucked away, and then feeling it crashing hard onto something far from comfortable and springy.

End of Episode 2, Season 2
IN THE NEXT EPISODE:
Will Anonymous's heart reflect his body in brokenness?
What will he do now without the magic of LOVE?
Can he ever get her back?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON HORSE LA HORSE!

Author's Note:

I actually had a break up like this believe it or not. I do really miss that enchanted set of plate armor. At least I got to keep the sofa.