• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 749 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XII: Return of the Scourge - sonicdash123



During a congress meeting, Danny has sensed a change of balance and has informed everyone that Havoc and Arthas have returned. Danny and Twilight will be dealing with Havoc while Charming Thunder will take on the Lich King.

  • ...
21
 6
 749

Chapter 4: Defense of the Frontier

At the walls of the frontier, an army of soldiers stood as the Scourge army approached. Charming Thunder was among one of the soldiers next to Reznov with his scout helmet on. A Death Knight was in front of the army as they continued their march to the frontier. "Is Scorponok in position?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Yes, your highness," Reznov replied. "He will attack on your signal." Charming Thunder smiled as he continued to observe the enemy.

"Good. Send him out now." As the enemy continued their approach, their leader noticed the ground burrowing their way and signaled their army to a halt. He drew his sword out as the mysterious being approached them. The burrowing stopped as they kept their eyes open and looked around.

"It must've been nothing," the Death Knight said. Suddenly, a scorpion like robot popped out of the ground and started to attack the undead forces. Scorponok fired a barrage of missiles to lower the numbers as the others charged at the walls of the frontier.

"Snipers!!" Reznov shouted as the soldiers aimed their snipers at the undead forces awaiting their next orders. "Fire!!" They then opened fire on each and every approaching soldier. Some undead archers fired arrows at the ponies and are beginning to suffer heavy losses. The soldiers took cover behind the walls as the arrows continued to fire. Charming Thunder observed the attack as the undead forces approached the gate.

"Brace the gate!!" Charming Thunder ordered as the soldiers at the gates held the doors to keep it shut. Scorponok fired its weapons at the remaining forces then burrowed deep into the ground to make an approach to the enemies at the gate. He then bursted out of the ground and tail swiped the ghouls that were hitting the gate.

"RETREAT!!" the Death Knight ordered as he ran back to where he came along with his army. The soldiers at the walls cheered as the undead began their retreat.

"Scorponok, return to base," Charming Thunder ordered. "Danny will be impressed with your progress."

---------------------

At Tartarus, Mephiles was sitting on his throne. He was studying the status of the war between the Equestrian Empire and the Scourge. As predicted, the Scourge lost due to advance technology but the Equestrian Empire took heavy losses. He heard the door open and he looked up, see Tirek coming in. "Well, master?" he asked.

"While I’m glad that Arthas and Havoc are causing chaos, but Charming and Danny have come up with a solution," Mephitis replied. "Normally, I would hate this but this shows me...interest."

"Who?"

"Danny...he is not only extremely powerful, but his connection to the Dark side… it is remarkable that he hasn’t lost himself inside the darkness yet."

"Indeed. Even Sombra, who was connected to the dark side, lost himself to it. Yet his son, Danny Eclipse, has yet to lose it." Mephiles continued to observe Danny as he chopped down lichs with Trixie and Twilight.

Mephiles then thought to himself, "Indeed… he may yet be the perfect tool to take over Equestria and bring down Celestia. Charming is too much into the light side, he won’t fall for my lies. However, I sense that Danny has a hidden tension towards Charming. While Danny is confident that Charming would never hurt him, he still has that hidden tension that no one can sense." He would grin like a maniac if he had a mouth as he had a scheme in mind. "He will make the perfect tool. But I need a plan to make him mine." He then looked up at Tirek. "Leave. I have business to attend to." Tirek nodded and left the chambers. Mephiles seals the door and he began to turn into a shadow.

---------------------

At the Ebon Hold, Arthas was angry that Darkhallow failed him as he returned alive. Lord Darkhallow was escorted in by his two fellow death knight survivors; Baron Bloodbane and Duke Dreadmoore. Kel’thuzad, along with Anub'arak the Crypt Lord came. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you where you stand, Darkhallow!" Arthas shouted with rage and hatred.

"My king, they had advance technology," Darkhallow explained nervously. They had a military leader who knew all of our forces and what their role was. He had the advantage in knowledge! While the assault was unsuccessful, it did strike a crippling blow to our enemy’s defenses."

Kel’thuzad didn't believe him and asked, "How is it possible that their leader knew everything about the Scourge when we have been gone for eight hundred years?"

"Because they have The Chronicler on their side," a voice said. They all turned and see a Dread Lord standing in the shadows. The Dread Lord’s main color was Dark Grey and his eyes were soulless black with green eyes.

"What the… who are you!?" Arthas demanded. "How did you get aboard my fortress undetected!?"

"Calm yourself, Lich King. My name is Fearoth, on of the last Dread Lords that walk this planet. I have lived under disguise among the populace. I have information that might intrigue you."

"What value of this information would this be?"

"Very important to know that you have two older cousins." This got everyones attention. Arthas turned to Fearoth, curious about this information.

"Keep talking demon."

"Their names are Charming Thunder and Danny Eclipse. While Danny is the Son of Princess Luna and King Sombra, Charming is the Son of Queen Amidala and King Sombra. Charming is your cousin-in-law, considering that both Danny and Charming have the same father and were born on the same day at the same time. Lord Darkhallow had encounter Charming Thunder, the leader and King of Harmony." rthas looked at Darkhallow then his gaze went to Fearoth again.

"Why tell me this?"

"Let’s just say that many of my plans to bring Equestria into ruin were foiled by Charming and his friends. I have little love for such a stallion to do something like this." Arthas accepted the reason and nodded.

---------------------

Meanwhile in Tartarus, in a mediation room located in Mephiles' underground fortress, unicorn who wore white robes was sitting in a mediation position. His entire right hoof was replaced with a robotic hoof. He had a mask on, mostly. The upper left side was still flesh. He had his eyes closed, mediating but then stopped when he senses something. "I welcome you, Lady Ventress," the unicorn said. "What is it that you want?" Suddenly, a centaur that looked identical to Tirek came out. The only difference that was there was she was the same height as Princess Celestia and had markings on her arms. She looked like a female version of Tirek but she had two lightsabers.

"Well done in detecting me so easily, Arcann," Ventress replied.

"What do you want?"

"You know that Mephiles is just using us. Why not rebel and join Charming?"

"I told you that my loyalties are tied to Master Mephiles. But I agree with you. We will act in the future but for now, we go with the flow." Ventress nodded and left into the shadows as Arcann continued his meditation.