• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 749 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XII: Return of the Scourge - sonicdash123



During a congress meeting, Danny has sensed a change of balance and has informed everyone that Havoc and Arthas have returned. Danny and Twilight will be dealing with Havoc while Charming Thunder will take on the Lich King.

  • ...
21
 6
 749

Chapter 2: Setting Up the Defense

The next day, Charming Thunder oversees the set up of the defense of the Crystal Empire with Cadence in the castle. AT-STs walked around to stand guard for any upcoming attacks while the troops set up the trench defense around the kingdom. A female pony with a blue coloring tail wearing silver armor with a cape over her left shoulder holding a gold painted blaster in her hoof entered the room. "Your report, Captain Lunar?" Charming Thunder asked as he turned to face her.

"Reinforcements have arrived, but I believe that it is not enough to defeat the undead," Lunar reported.

"It'll have to do for now, captain. Help out the rest of the troops with the defense."

"Right away, your highness." Captain Lunar left the room while Charming Thunder continued to watch over the kingdom.

"I just want you to know that since you are getting married to Sunset and Applejack, the wedding will have to be postponed due to the news Danny brought up," Cadence said. "I trust that you don't mind."

"Not at all," Charming Thunder said. "And I trust that you will be safe due to the news you and Shining Armor told me about being a mother." Cadence placed a hoof on his brother's cheek and giggled.

"You worry too much, brother."

"I just don't want anything to happen to you or the baby."

"Trust me. I'll be fine. You just worry about the war." Charming Thunder nodded and left the room to go train his apprentice.

---------------------

Charming Thunder arrived in a room where Moondancer was seated and meditating. She opened her eyes and turned to see Charming Thunder enter the room. "Hello, Charming," she greeted. "I heard that the meeting went well until Danny had a vision."

"Indeed," Charming Thunder replied. "He did have a vision about two new threats. Arthas Solar, son of Princess Celestia, and Havoc, Discord’s twin brother have returned. We had to split up and take on one of them. Danny is leading a vampony assault team to Tartarus with Cerberus's help to take on Havoc. While I handle the defense of the Crystal Empire in order to hold off against Arthar also known as the Lich King."

"And what of Twilight since she is a vampony as well? I sense that you are worried about her."

"Your insights serve you well, my apprentice. Danny took her with him to train her. For now we must train."

"I thought you never asked." Moondancer and Charming Thunder activated their lightsabers then got into their battle stance.

---------------------

Day 15

Turbo Laser towers have been set up at the trenches as troopers who are excellent sharpshooters were set up in their towers. A squadron of TIE Hunters flew over the castle as they begun their patrol. Shining Armor helped the troops prepare for any upcoming attack while the rest set up trench guns. Charming Thunder received various reports from the frontier that it has been attacked several different times with each wave getting bigger. Sunset and Applejack entered Charming Thunder's room and nudged him. "And how is my king doing?" Sunset asked in a lovely tone.

"Been getting various reports from the frontier and me and Chrysalis decided to send reinforcements to the frontier. Other than that, everything is okay."

"That's good to hear," Applejack said. "It's a shame that our wedding had to be put on hold. The Apple family were happy to hear about our wedding and wanted to come. Not to mention Pinkie's rock family since my big brother is dating one of them ever since Hearth's Warming."

"I'm sure that when this war ends, we can proceed to our wedding if that would make you two happy," Charming Thunder said.

"That would be nice," Sunset said before she kissed Charming Thunder on the cheek.

---------------------

Day 30

Charming Thunder along with Sunset and Applejack sat around the table and activated the holo-communicator. The holo figures of the entire council then appeared around the table. He turned to see Twilight wearing vampony armor and greeted, "Ah, Danny. I see you brought Twilight and Rainbow. How's your progress, Twilight?"

"Wonderfully, and my training is complete," Twilight replied with a smile.

"Thanks to a certain vampony ally of mine, she taught Twilight everything," Danny explained. "I have to say, though, Twilight. You impressed me when you advance so fast. As for our military progress, about half the army is fully trained. I’ve been having scouts scout out around Equestria for Havoc’s activities and it was as I had feared. Havoc is mobilizing an army on Equestrian soil. Several Ghouls have already mass up and there have been sightings of Lichs. Due to this, I’ll have to deploy the fully trained part to secure Equestria. While we defend Equestria from Havoc, Equestria should focus most of its efforts to defend the Crystal Empire and countering the Scourge. Now, give me your part, Charming."

Charming Thunder nodded and began to explain his situation, "We made defensive lines around the Crystal Empire and the frontier reports being attacked at several different times, each wave being bigger. At this rate, we’ll need support from you guys."

"So we decided to send reinforcements to the frontier," Chrysalis added. "A large group of Ponylorians have made it to the frontier to lend support. Brutalight had send three-fours of the Grand Phantom Army to the Crystal Empire. The Frontier reports that there are no more problems but we feel it is a matter of time before they return with a bigger army."

"Alright," Danny replied.

"By the way, the wedding was postpone due to the Scourge attacks," Charming Thunder reported. "I’m heading to the frontier in some time from now to help fight against the enemy."

"I wish you luck, brother," Danny said. "We will discuss later, no doubt. May the Force be with you all." The holo figures faded away as Charming Thunder stood up while Sunset and Applejack did the same.