• Published 6th Nov 2015
  • 936 Views, 11 Comments

I Dreamt to Fly - MrDynasty



Proceeding the events of "I Dream to Fly", Scootaloo's dreams of learning to fly slowly become a reality.

  • ...
0
 11
 936

10: Surprise.

After they had left the Apple Farm, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash went into Ponyville to visit Pinkie Pie again. Upon entering Sugarcube Corner the two were welcomed by Ms. Cake at the counter. “Welcome to Sugarcube Corner! Although I’m guessing you two are looking for Pinkie Pie. She’s up in her room, so feel free to go visit,” she said as a warming smile spread over her face.

They both thanked Ms. Cake before trotting past her and up the stairs that led into Pinkie’s somewhat large room. The first thing they noticed was Pinkie Pie giving Gummy a bath in the middle of the room, but it was being done in a small wooden bucket instead of a large bathtub. The bucket was full of bubbles as the only thing that poked out of it was Gummy’s head, which was also covered in bubbles.

Of course Rainbow Dash approached her first, with Scootaloo tagging on behind. “Sup, Pinkie? I see you’re a bit busy with… things,” she said as she lifted a hoof. Pinkie Pie pulled Gummy out from the bucket and quickly wrapped him in a towel.

After Gummy was practically encased inside a towel on the floor, Pinkie stood up and gave a small smile to Rainbow Dash as she talked. “I was just giving Gummy a bath; he got in with Mr and Ms Cake’s laundry when I wasn’t looking, the small adventurer that he is.” She giggled, picked him up again and began to dry him.

With the thoughts of Gummy running through the Cakes’ laundry, Rainbow Dash shivered and put her hoof down. “…Gross. Anyway, Equestria’s newest and greatest flier here managed to go through Applejack’s entire field of orchards with only one fall!” She said, pulling Scootaloo over from the side.

Scootaloo was about to speak before she was suddenly pulled into a hug by Pinkie Pie, who was very excited about her accomplishment to say the least. “You flew?! Do you know what this means? We need to hold a celebration party for you! We’ll invite all of your friends over and have cake and balloons and party games!” She said, practically crushing Scootaloo as their cheeks were pressed together from the tight hug.

Scootaloo managed to pull away once Pinkie Pie’s grip loosened, letting out a small nervous laugh to Pinkie. “N-No, that’s fine. No need to hold a party for something so silly,” she said, scooting back closer to Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie jumped a bit in place as she grinned. “It’s not silly! It’s a life changing thing you’ve been able to do! I think it deserves some form of celebration, or at least a bit of cake!” She said before she suddenly zipped downstairs and back up again faster than Rainbow Dash could fly. She brought up a plate with a slice of cake and a small party hat; plopping it onto Scootaloo’s head and handing her the plate. “There we go! If we can’t have a party, at least we can have a bit of cake!”

Scootaloo took a small pause to process what happened before taking a bite from the cake, then swallowing before she spoke again. “Thanks Pinkie Pie. I was getting a bit hungry anyway.” Rainbow Dash ruffled up Scootaloo’s mane with her hoof, having a small smile on her face.

Pinkie Pie picked up Gummy again as she finished drying him off, pulling him out of the towel and placing him on the ground when she was done. “Glaaaad I could be of service! Nothings better than a slice of cake in the morning, or at any time for that matter!” she said with a giggle.

Scootaloo sat down on her backside, holding the plate up to her mouth to take bites out of the cake. Pinkie bounced around her room, tidying up things a bit as she looked over to Rainbow Dash. “Sooooo, what’cha here for? Did you come here to pick up Twilight’s order?” Pinkie Pie asked, frolicking back over to the two pegasi.

Rainbow Dash cocked her head in confusion as she lifted a hoof up. “Twilight made an order? I didn’t know anything about that; I just wanted to come over and mingle for a bit… and to tell ponies about Scootaloo’s flying and stuff. She trained harder than any other filly I’ve seen!” She said with a happy grin. Scootaloo’s ears twitched upon hearing Rainbow Dash’s comments, making her smile as well.

Pinkie Pie leaned over and gave a wide smile to Rainbow Dash, making her pull back a little in response. “Well now that you’re here, you could take the order to her if you wanted. Would save her trotting all the way over to here,” she said, zipping over to the stairs with a cheerful hum. Rainbow Dash looked to Scootaloo and shrugged, figuring that they could easily stop by Twilight’s since they had nothing much else to do.

Scootaloo had finished the cake that she was given, putting the plate down onto the floor and wiping her muzzle with her hoof. Pinkie Pie didn’t take long in coming back upstairs with a medium size, tied up box in her mouth. “Mmmh Mmhh!” She said, not being able to talk with the heavy box in her mouth. Rainbow Dash leaned over and picked up the box herself, taking it off of Pinkie and allowing her to speak again. “Found it! I meant to say,” she said with a giggle. “It’s to go directly to the Friendship Castle, but there’s no rush since it was meant to be delivered by the end of the day anyway.”

Rainbow Dash put the box on her back, holding it in place with her wings and then starting to trot over to the stairway. “That’s cool; me and Scoots will just head over there now then since we got nothing better to do. So I guess we’ll catch you later Pinkie!” She said, waving over to her friend. Scootaloo followed her shortly behind, waving to Pinkie Pie on the way out as well.

Both pegasi passed through the reception area and out of Sugarcube Corner, starting to trot in the direction of the Friendship Castle.


They both didn’t say much on the way there, since they were mostly just sightseeing as they trotted. Sadly there wasn’t much that they could look at that they hadn’t seen before. Having been in Ponyville nearly all of their lives, they had seen nearly all of what it had to offer. They did pass through the stall area with all of the bartering ponies though, occasionally stopping to take a look at what they were selling.

A familiar stall was held up in the same place it was before as the two pegasi passed it, with Scootaloo stopping to take a second look. It was the advertisement stall with all the posters and social activities that ponies could sign up to. She quickly recognised the music poster that Sweetie Belle had shown her, with her view then gandering over to the same Wonderbolts poster that she had seen the last time she was here.

She decided to read the info box that was on the poster.


Are you a Pegasus filly between the age of 8 and 16? Do you think you have what it takes to be one of the very best? Then look no further! Join up to the annual Junior Wonderbolts League, where fillies from all around Equestria compete to be the best! You will be put through several different courses over the span of a month, in which the best of the best will come out on top and be accepted into the official Wonderbolts filly crew!
To apply, ask a consulting parent or guardian and then head over to the Wonderbolts Training Camp just outside of Cloudsdale.



“What you lookin’ at, Squirt?” Rainbow Dash said as she had noticed Scootaloo wasn’t following her. Scootaloo pointed to the poster, making Rainbow Dash shift her view over to it and in an instant, recognising what it was about. “The Junior Wonderbolts League? What about it? Do you want to compete?” She asked as she looked down to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo pulled her hoof down and gave a small nod. “…I’d like to try! I know I’ve only been flying for basically a couple days, but it’s still a little bit away. I could practice and get better before it starts then see how far I could get!” She said with a smile.

Rainbow Dash obviously had an iffy look on her face, not sure exactly how to respond. She knew that right now Scootaloo would most likely not get past the first course, and even thought that would be disappointing, would the opportunity to even try getting denied disappoint her even more? She gained a confident smile and looked Scootaloo in the eyes. “…Maybe, we’ll see how things go. If you still want to join a week before it starts, I’ll ask to add you into the roster, how about that?”

Her leg being suddenly hugged by Scootaloo gave the answer to her question. “Thank you, Rainbow Dash! I promise I’ll try my very best if I get in!” She said as Rainbow Dash had to pull her along by her leg as continued to be hugged.

“I know you would, Scoots.”





It was a long haul for Rainbow Dash as she eventually reached the Friendship Castle, carrying both a baked good on her back and an over excited filly attached to her leg. She firstly knocked on the double doored crystal tree, with not much of an answer following it. Since she knew Twilight, she figured it would be okay to just go in without an invitation like she usually did.

Upon entering the castle and getting into the main hallway, Rainbow Dash bumped into Spike, who stepped back and rubbed his head afterwards. “If I knew you were going to let yourself in, I wouldn’t have tried coming over. Don’t blame me if it takes too long to answer the door, these hallways are way too long!” He said, just starting to walk back in the other direction as Rainbow Dash followed.

Of course Scootaloo had gotten off from Rainbow Dash’s leg, trotting alongside her as they went down the long but somewhat pretty hallway. Spike was right, the hallways in this place were too long to be practical, but at least they reached the main room in not that much time anyway. Like usual, Twilight was sitting at the table with an opened up book in front of her. It would be silly expecting to see anything else during her ‘reread’ phase.

The two Pegasi did catch her attention though as she proceeded to fly up from her seat and over to the two. “What brings you two over here? Or did you just come to chat for a bit?” She asked with a warm smile.

Rainbow Dash turned her body very slightly to the site to show the box on her back. “We were visiting Pinkie Pie when she suggested that we’d take over this order you made, figured we could since it was something to do,” she said before the box was suddenly lifted off of her back and onto the table with Twilight’s telekinesis.

Twilight began to open it with her magic, clapping her hoofs together. “That’s perfect timing, also very convenient!” She said with a big smile. Both pegasi were a bit confused by what she meant at first. When the box was finally opened and the baked good could be seen inside, a loud “SURPRISE!” could be heard from Twilight and Spike, making Scootaloo jump.

Both Spike and Twilight looked over to Scootaloo with a wide grin; not noticing that the cake that was in the box already had a slice taken out from it. The cake also had icing made drawings all around it, mainly of clouds and wings. Twilight clapped her hooves together again before she spoke. “Rainbow Dash told us about you being able to fly now, so we thought it would be a neat idea to hold a small celebration for such an event!”

“…You’re joking.” Scootaloo said with a nervous laugh afterwards.