• Published 6th Nov 2015
  • 929 Views, 11 Comments

I Dreamt to Fly - MrDynasty



Proceeding the events of "I Dream to Fly", Scootaloo's dreams of learning to fly slowly become a reality.

  • ...
0
 11
 929

6: Reunion.

“Nice to see you've been keeping the clubhouse clean, Applebloom!” Scootaloo stated as she walked inside of their small but cosy Cutiemark Crusader clubhouse. It hadn't changed a bit since its initial creation; it didn't really need to. The orange filly looked at some of the small knick-knacks that were set up at the sides of the room; they were just random things they collected on their crusading journeys.

Applebloom climbed up the slanted ladder that lead to the attic of the clubhouse while she spoke. “Thanks for noticin' Scootaloo, wouldn't want it all dusty and gross in here!” She started rummaging amongst things while she was up there, obviously looking for something.

While Applebloom was exploring the depths of the attic, Scootaloo continued to look around the clubhouse, taking notice of its decorations again. One of the posters that were on the wall was the common Wonderbolts poster, the one with the four black silhouetted fliers above the three grounded ones. It was obvious Scootaloo put this one up, mostly in admiration for Rainbow Dash's obsession with them.

Without much of a warning, a generic reporter's hat was thrown down the ladder and landed on the ground. “Look what ah' found! It's that hat Sweetie Belle used when we did that news stuff. There's a lot of old things in here we used to use when searchin' for our cutie marks. There's even one of them old capes we used to wear! It has a tear in it, so I'm guessin' it's yours.” She said, still messing about in the attic.

Scootaloo remembered when it got torn as well; it was when they were being chased after by the Cockatrice. It was their true first adventure together as the cutie mark crusaders; it would be a hard thing to forget. “Wow! How old is that thing? Did we even wear them again after that one time?” Scootaloo asked, trotting over to the bottom of the ladder.

Applebloom started climbing down the ladder, turning around and looking at Scootaloo at the same time. “I don't think we did, probably for a good reason.” She said hopping off of the ladder once she got down far enough. “But you know one thing I can't wait for? All three of us coming back here after we all grow up. Think of the memories we've shared here! All those things in the attic would be quite a sight.”

The orange filly agreed, nodding her head to Applebloom. “That would be something alright. But anyway, should we go and see if Sweetie Belle wants to hang out today as well? My first guess on where she'd be would be Rarity's place.” She said, trotting closer to Applebloom.

Applebloom started trotting towards the entrance of the clubhouse. “That would be my first guess too, so I suppose we should start there. If she ain't at the Boutique, then at least Rarity would probably know where she is.” She said as she quickly got outside the clubhouse and waited for Scootaloo at the bottom of the stairs.

Scootaloo took no time in following her friend, except she floated down from the clubhouse instead of taking the small set of stairs. They both started trotting together afterwards, going on their way to Rarity's Boutique.

They both trotted into Ponyville together, looking around at yet again another buzzing day for the town. Ponies were everywhere, enjoying the scenery and bartering to their heart's content with the local shops scattered around the place. Every day seemed like a peaceful day; a bright sun, warm air and a slew of good weather. Scootaloo liked to imagine that Rainbow Dash had something to do with the clear weather.

“What you planning to learn next with your flying stuff, Scootaloo? Or have you not finished the moving around while hovering thing yet?” Applebloom asked, continuing to trot alongside Scootaloo at the same time.

Scootaloo looked over to her friend and gave a small shrug. “I'm not sure. Rainbow Dash said that I still needed to learn hovering backwards, and I know I need to practice going from side to side more. But besides that, I don't know what I'll be learning next. Who knows, maybe I'll learn to soar around in the sky next if I'm ready!” She said as she seemed excited and happy.

Applebloom gave a big smile to Scootaloo, feeling excited for her as well. “That would be great! It would also make gettin' to places easier. But I can't wait to see you flyin', would be quite a sight.” She said as they were getting close to Rarity's Boutique.

Just before they went inside, Scootaloo said “Better late than never!” as she held open the door for Applebloom to come inside as well. Like they would have expected, it was very clean inside the Boutique. With no Rarity in sight however, both of the fillies decided to go to where the pony of generosity made all of her fabulous wares.

Scootaloo knocked on the door to the room that the fashion mare commonly worked in. “Hello? Rarity? It's Scootaloo and Applebloom here, hoping to find Sweetie Belle!” She said, waiting at the door for anyone to come over.

Eventually a pony did, opening the door and letting the fillies inside. “Sorry about that, I was a bit busy with some stitches I was in the middle of. Sweetie Belle is inside her room, or at least she should be.” Rarity said as she stepped to the site.

Both fillies thanked Rarity for letting them through before heading over to Sweetie Belle's room. Of course they both announced their presence audibly, shouting for the pink and purple maned filly. When they entered her room, Sweetie Belle jumped off her bed and trotted over to the two other fillies. “Hey! Nice to see you two come for me, I was starting to get bored of being cooked up inside this place.”

Sweetie Belle opened her arms for a hug, to which the other two fillies obliged, hugging her back with a smile. When the hug was over the first filly to speak was Applebloom. “We figured we'd come over and see if you wanted to hang out with us for a bit. Maybe do some crusading stuff for our cutie marks!” She said, trotting in place.

The pink and purple maned unicorn nodded in response to Applebloom. “Of course I'd like to! It beats just sitting in here anyway.” She said as they all began to leave the room and trot outside the Boutique.

When they got out, Sweetie Belle sat down and took in the fresh outside air. “So what are we going to do to try and get our cutie marks? We could try fishing again. It didn't work out so well last time but at least we know what we did wrong!” She said as she smiled.

Applebloom shook her head. “Nah, fish stink too much for me. But you know what we could do? We could visit Zecora in the Everfree Forest! Maybe we could learn how to make mystical potions!” She gave a small grin with Scootaloo seeming to be okay with the idea.

Sweetie Belle seemed a bit more anxious about the idea of going into the Everfree Forest though. “Maybe we should wait for her to come to us since she occasionally does that. I mean we shouldn't really be going in the Everfree Forest anyway.” She said as she smiled nervously.

Scootaloo decided to back her up. “Yeah, we shouldn't. While I think we could easily go through the forest, if you're not feeling up to it then that's fine. We can just wander around until we do find something to do!” She said, lifting a hoof up.

Neither of the other two fillies seemed to mind the suggestion as Sweetie Belle stood up and went next to Scootaloo. “Sounds like a good idea! We'll just visit Zecora another time, preferably whenever Rarity or Twilight could come with us.” Sweetie Belle said before they all started to explore Ponyville together.

They ended up wandering the town for a bit, chatting and sharing stories in the process. Scootaloo was mentioning stories about when she and Rainbow Dash played some intense hide and seek inside their house, saying how her size allowed her to win from being less seen. Applebloom just talked about all the things she had to do in the past week with Applejack and the rest of the apple family. Most of it was chore work like cleaning the barn or moving hay.

Sweetie Belle mentioned her music classes, saying that she was one of the singers in the class and that she commonly got a lot of praise from the teachers. It was then Scootaloo started to realize she never really made anyone proud except for Rainbow Dash. But at least her praise was extremely important to her.

They were coming up to a news stand that sold newspapers. Sweetie Belle mentioned that there were posters of her class around the town, including some at the news-stands. Like Sweetie Belle had said, there was a poster of her class at the stand and it's advertisement for more fillies to join, in-fact the entire section of the stand had a lot of advertisements.

The one that caught Scootaloo's was of course the Wonderbolts one. It seemed to be about the Junior League and that they were accepting all Pegasus fillies who wanted to come and join. On the poster it stated that the league was a set of elimination courses followed by two final races between the top competitors. Applebloom realized the poster caught her friend's attention and looked over to it as well.

“You could enter that someday you know! I bet you'd go really far in the competition, maybe even win!” She said as she smiled to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo shook her head, smiling nervously as her wings fluttered. “Nah… I can't even stay stable on my two wings. I'd get blown out in the first course instantly.” She said as her wings tucked back in.

Applebloom couldn't do much but nod. “I know, but I mean when you do start flyin'. Obviously I don't mean right now since you're still workin' on it. But you could try someday.” She said.

Scootaloo stared at the poster for a bit before gaining a small smile. “Maybe someday. I bet Rainbow Dash would be really proud of me, but I wouldn't want to disappoint her.”

Sweetie Belle came over and smiled to Scootaloo as well. “Rainbow Dash wouldn't get disappointed in you if you lost, Scootaloo. If you fail, try and try again! I'm sure that when you start flying, you'll get the hang of it in no time. It just comes naturally once you get a feel for it! Or at least that's how I felt with singing.”

Scootaloo just smiled to Sweetie Belle and thanked her, trotting away from the news stand with the other two fillies as well. All that really mattered right now was that she was learning to fly; with the pony she admired the most being the one teaching her.