• Published 5th Nov 2015
  • 2,989 Views, 36 Comments

Sour Love - RomeoDKat



[1st person oc X Sour Sweet] White Foam's first day at Crystal Prep has resulted in him being hated by Sour Sweet. But as time goes on, could this hatred change into something else?

  • ...
4
 36
 2,989

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Just a heads up for Sour Sweet's dialogue
Normal font="sweet" persona
Bold font="sour persona
I hope you enjoy the fic, and again I would very much like to see any constructive criticism you have for me, Thanks.

‘Okay, let’s see here. The Crystal Prep’s reddish-purple blazer worn neatly and proudly, shirt tucked in properly, dark-blue tie is presentable, dark-blue slacks are clean pressed, and hair is combed to perfection. *sigh* Sure, let’s just wait until after you get on the bus to worry about my appearance, right, White Foam.’

I was sitting there thinking to myself, wondering why I was riding the bus to get to the school known as Crystal Prep. Oh wait, that’s right, my parents took it upon themselves to send me to a school that I wasn’t really fond of going to, under the excuse of, “we just want to give you a promising future.” I mean, sure they’re not wrong, I’ve heard how successful Crystal Prep students are once they graduate and the fact that I met the prerequisites and barely passed the entrance exams needed to transfer my grades over to Crystal Prep once we moved to Canterlot, considering the grades I usually made in my previous high school, was more than an accomplishment for me as far as I was concerned. But at the same time, I’ve heard some pretty negative things about Crystal Preps student body and faculty, mostly about them being snooty, show no sportsmanship towards the schools they compete against, and are mostly out for themselves. Not to mention Crystal Prep’s high standards when it comes to their curriculum and the grades their students are expected to make. Why couldn’t my parents send me to Canterlot High instead?

I suddenly felt the bus crawl to a halt, causing me to look out the window. There it is, Crystal Prep. I see that it lives true to its name, since several aspects of the building look like it was made entirely out of crystal. Seriously, someone give the architect an award, he or she fucking deserves it.

As I got off the bus and entered the school grounds, I started going through my mental checklist. ‘Alright, go to the principal’s office, get my locker assignment and schedule, store my stuff in my locker, and survive the school day. What could possibly go wro…..nope, not going to finish that sentence.’

I spent the next ten minutes trying to find the office that I was supposed to go to, until I found a door labeled, “Principal Abacus Cinch.” ‘Okay, just go in and introduce yourself. She can’t be as bad as everyone says she is,’ I think to myself before opening the door to the office, only to find the room to be eerily dark, with only one lightbulb lighting up the entire room. The only objects that are clearly visible are a desk and an oversized leather office chair, which made it impossible to determine if there was somebody sitting there or not.

‘Okay then, ten bucks says that this person looks and acts like a stereotypical villain’

“Um, hello? Is anyone here?” I called out.

Suddenly the chair slowly rotates revealing a middle-aged woman with her elbows on the armrests and her fingers interlocked. Upon seeing me, the woman, who I can safely assume at this point is Principal Cinch, looks at me with an uninterested expression before speaking, “Hmph, so you’re the new student who just transferred into my school. I’ve been expecting you.”

‘Nailed it.’

“Y-yes ma’am, my name is White Foam. I-it’s an honor to be accepted into your academy,” I say, trying to get on her good side.

“As it should be, this school has a reputation of absolute perfection to uphold. After all, I would hate for something to tarnish my school’s reputation again,” she said as she gave me a look that let me knew that by something, she meant someone.

“Yes ma’am, I understand.”

“Good,” she said as she reached for the phone on her desk. She pressed a button, and raised the phone to her ear, “Dean Cadance, would you please come to my office with White Foam’s locker assignment and schedule? Thank you.” She then put down her phone before turning back to me. “Now I hope that you perform well in my school, but remember,” she leaned in closer, “it’s even easier to get kicked out of my school then it is to get accepted.”

I gulped, “Yes ma’am.”

The door behind me suddenly opened, causing me to quickly turn around, expecting someone similar to Principal Cinch. Instead, I found a young woman, possibly in her mid-twenties, who radiated kindness as opposed to Cinch’s cruelty. She seemed like someone that I could look up to as an older sister figure.

She gave me a kind smile before extending her hand to introduce herself, “Hello, you must be White Foam. My name is Dean Mi Amore Cadenza, but you can call me Cadance. It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Dean Cadance,” I say, as I reach my hand out and accept her handshake.

She gave me another warm smile before ending the handshake, pulling out a folder. “Now then, I’m sure you would like to know your locker assignment and your schedule for this semester, correct?”

“Yes, ma’am”

“Alright then,” she says as she pulls out a couple of forms from the folder, “this form shows you which locker you are assigned to and to locker combination. Your locker is number 130. You’ll find it straight down the hall after turning right once you leave the office.” I nod in understanding. “And this form shows you your schedule for this semester. Will you need any help finding where your classes are?”

“No ma’am. I think I can find my way around just fine.”

“Okay. Well if you have any questions about our curriculum or about any of our extra-curricular activities just let me know. Enjoy your stay at Crystal Prep!”

“Thanks, I’ll try,” I say as I leave the office and make a right towards my locker.

‘Alright, let’s see where my classes,’ I think to myself as I pull out my schedule, ‘Let’s see, first period is Physics in room 158. Great. My worst subject as my first period class. This will end well. Next is History in room 243, then Pre-Cal in room 215, followed by-‘

My train of thought was interrupted when I felt myself run into something, knocking me down on my ass. ‘Okay, what did I run into?’ But when I looked up, I saw that the something was actually someone, a girl to be more specific.

She had pale, light grayish gold skin, indigo eyes, some freckles on her cheeks, and moderate rose colored hair with a lighter moderate rose and aquamarine steaks tied in a ponytail with a berry styled hair tie. She was wearing the standard Crystal Prep vest and skirt, with a white shirt underneath the vest, a dark blue bow tie, dark blue socks that went up to her knees, and the standard shoes that female students were required to wear. She was in the same position I was in, clearly still slightly disoriented from the collision. Looking in the direction that her back was pointing to, I could see the hallway that she came from. She probably didn’t see me coming around the corner, and me not paying attention didn’t exactly help either.

I managed to get up first and went over to her to give her a helping hand up. It seemed like the most sensible thing to do. “I’m so sorry about this miss. Guess I wasn’t watching where I was going,” I say giving her a friendly smile.

She looked suspiciously for a moment before returning the smile and accepting the help up. “Oh it’s no problem at all. I’m sure you didn’t mean it,” She said in an almost obnoxiously sweet voice.

‘I guess the students at Crystal Prep aren’t as bad as I’ve heard.’

But as soon as she got on her feet, her sweet smile turned to an angry frown as she yanked her hand out of mine before exclaiming, “If you were watching where you were going.

‘Okay, where did that come from?’

“Look, I said I was sorry. I’ll admit that this is partially my fault and that I should have watched where I was going. Can we just leave it at that?”

She seemed to think about it before responding, “Fine, but so long as you keep your distance from me. Understood?” I nodded in understanding, which caused her to change her attitude again. “Great! Now, I’ll be on my way,” She says, turning and walking away, right in the direction I’m headed.

‘*sigh* Oh well, might as well continue on to my destination. She’ll probably just assume that I’m just walking in the same direction as she is.’

However, a few moments after I started walking, she turned her head around and noticed me walking behind her. She then frowned before turning around even further and exclaiming, “Didn’t I tell you to keep your distance? Why are you following me?

“I’m not following you, I’m just headed to my locker, which just so happens to be down the hall.”

She then gave a slight smile. “Oh, well if that’s the case,” she said as she stopped at one of the lockers, entering in a combination to open the locker, “ this is where we part ways.”

“Okay then, that’s fine by...you’ve got to be kidding me.” I had taken the time to look at the other lockers and noticed the locker to the right of hers...130. “You’ve got to me kidding me!”

“What is it?” My only response was to enter the combination and open the locker. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

“Apparently.”

She sighed heavily. “Okay, we can deal with this. Let’s just go to class and ignore each other when we’re at our lockers. Deal?”

“That’s fine by me.”

She nodded at me with a sneer before heading off to her class. ‘Okay, so my first class is in room 158 which is...that way....right in the direction she started walking in.’

So, needlessly, I had to walk in her direction in order to get to class, which she unfortunately noticed. “Didn’t I tell you not to follow me?!?

“I’m not following you. I’m just headed to class, which just so happens to be in the same direction that you’re going to.”

Her only response to that was turning to a door, which I could only assume was the class that she was going to, while exclaiming, “Whatever you say, creep.” She then turned toward the door and walked in the room.

I didn’t say anything; I just continued to walk down the hall thinking to myself. ‘Yeah, well, whatever helps you sleep at...Did she just walk into room 158?’ I looked back at the door. ‘Yes. Yes she did. Well, time for the shit storm.’

With no other option, I walked into to classroom and sure enough, the girl was there in one of the seats, just staring at me with an angry and shocked expression. It didn’t take long for the teacher to notice me walk in before speaking to me. “Ah, you must the new student. White Foam, correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“Alright then. Well, class is about to begin. Why don’t you take the empty seat right next to Miss Sour Sweet?” He said as he pointed towards an empty desk, next to the girl from before, who just sat there even more shocked than before ‘So, her name’s Sour Sweet, fitting name actually.’ I took the seat right next to her, which caused her to scowl at me. ‘Can things get any worse?’

“Alright class, today we’re going to start our lesson on electric currents.”

‘Oh wait...this is physics class……yay.’


Once class was over, I decided to get out of the class room without any further incident with Sour Sweet. The last thing I need right now is her yelling at me again just for going about my day. Seeing as how my locker is right next to hers, I might as well just go to history class to avoid seeing her again.

When I did find the room, I walked in and decided just to sit in an empty desk in order to give myself a breather. ‘Hopefully I don’t have to run into her again anytime soon,” But it was at that moment that I heard a familiar, obnoxiously sweet voice coming from the hall.

And then he just follows me down the hall! Can you believe it?!?

“And was he actually following you?”

“…Okay, no, he actually wasn’t. But that’s beside the point.

“So don’t you think that you’re overeating?”

Absolutely not, Sugarcoat! Look, so long as I don’t have to deal with him for the rest of the day, than I’m sure that I can-” It was at that moment that she and another girl with white pigtails walked in the classroom and froze in place as soon as she laid eyes on me. ‘We share the same history class, don’t we?’

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!?

'Yes, yes we do. Great.'


I was so exhausted by the time I got to the bus to go home that I decided that I didn’t really care about where I sat. I decided to just take a seat next to a girl with mostly green hair jamming out on her headphones, figuring she’d leave me alone as I sat there thinking about the day I just had. Specifically my run ins with Sour Sweet. Turns out, history wasn’t the last class that we shared together. We shared 4 out of 7 classes together, and each time I ran into her, she met me with just as much hostility, if not more, than our previous encounter. At this rate, I think my time at Crystal Prep is actually going to be worse than I originally thought.

‘Can this day possibly get any worse?’

It was at that moment that I heard a voice suddenly blurt out, “Dude, you’ve got to hear this!”

As I felt a set of headphones blaring loud music, the only thing going through my mind was, ‘Oh why did I have to jinx this now? Now I have someone forcing me to listen to whatever crappy song she was listening t-...wait. Is this Pat Benatar’s “Hell is for Children”? Never mind...I might actually enjoy this,’ But just as I was enjoying the music, I felt the headphones lift off my head, forcing me to turn my head towards the girl next to me in confusion.

“Dude, you actually enjoyed that?” She asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, why? Is that a bad thing?”

“Are you kidding me? That’s one of first times someone didn’t cringe in pain or try to throw off my headphones, other than the first time I had Indigo Zap listen to my tunes. My name’s Lemon Zest by the way,” she said as she gave me a warm smile.

“My name’s White Foam, nice to meet you.”

“You too! I take it you had a rough day?”

“Yeah, not exactly how I wanted my first day here to go.”

“Wait, today was your first day?” I nodded. “Shoot, sorry to hear that man. Hey, why don’t we become friends?”

I couldn’t believe it, she wanted to be my friends. Just like that. “Why do you want to become my all of a sudden?”

She just shrugged and said, “Well, you seem like a cool guy, we share the same taste in music, and I could use someone else to talk to. Besides, you look like you needed one good thing to happen today.”

I smiled in return and said, “In that case, I’d me more than happy to be your friend.” On second thought, maybe my stay in Crystal Prep won’t be as bad.