• Published 5th Nov 2015
  • 2,989 Views, 36 Comments

Sour Love - RomeoDKat



[1st person oc X Sour Sweet] White Foam's first day at Crystal Prep has resulted in him being hated by Sour Sweet. But as time goes on, could this hatred change into something else?

  • ...
4
 36
 2,989

Chapter 8

Sour Love- Chapter 8

It was now a few minutes after the last bell and I was standing outside the front entrance of the school with Indigo Zap and Sunny Flare as students were walking past us trying to get home. I had just asked the two of them if they wanted to join Sour Sweet and me in our little movie marathon tomorrow. Indigo Zap was the first to respond as she excitingly replied, "Hell yeah, I'll join you. I love campy movies!"

Sunny Flare was looking at her nails as she replied, "I guess I'll come too. Seems like a good way to unwind. Who else is going to be there?"

"Well, Sugarcoat and Lemon Zest both agreed to come and Sour Sweet will be there since we'll have our tutoring session at my house tomorrow morning." I informed them.

Sunny Flare looked up from her nails as she and Indigo Zap stared at me with a surprised look. "You're having your tutoring session tomorrow? I thought you two met on weekdays." Sunny asked.

"We do, we decided to celebrate me passing the test we had yesterday." I replied.

"Oh really. What did you get on it?" Indigo asked with anticipation.

"A ninety-three." I said proudly.

"Nice!" Indigo replied as she lifted her hand up for a high five, which I accepted. "Where are you going to celebrate?"

"Sour Sweet's taking me to a bakery in town." I replied.

"Oh, is she now?" Sunny Flare asked as she smirked at Indigo, who smirked back.

I looked between the two of them and asked, "Is there something going on here?"

"Oh, nothing at all." Sunny said as she looked over at the front entrance and saw Sour Sweet come out. "Well, it looks like we'll need to get going. What time should we arrive?"

"I told Lemon Zest and Sugarcoat to come around eleven in the morning." I replied.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then. Hope you have fun during your celebration." She said teasingly as she gave me a friendly one-armed hug, which I returned.

"That's if he survives the trip there first." Indigo added with a amused look on her face.

I widened my eyes in surprise and worry at what she said as Sunny and I separated from the hug. "What's that supposed to mean?" I nervously asked.

"Oh, don't worry about. I'm sure you'll be fine." She reassured with little success. She then lunged forwards and gave me a bone crushing hug, practically lifting me up. "See ya tomorrow, dude!" She said before putting me down and running off towards the busses. Sunny Flare waved at me as she went off into the same direction.

I was in the process of trying to regain my balance when I heard a voice behind me ask, "Hey, White Foam, what was that about?"

I turned around to see that Sour Sweet had walked up behind me with a curious look on her face. I gave her a small smile and said, "Apparently, Indigo's way of saying goodbye. Also, everyone said that they're going to come tomorrow."

"That's good. So, are you ready to go?" She asked as the started to walk towards the parking lot.

"Yeah, totally." I said as I followed her. We walked for about five minutes before Sour stopped at the driver's side of a blue Ford Escape and started to dig around in her purse. "So, this is your car then?"

"Yep, it's not my favorite, but it hasn't broken down yet, so I'll just live with it." Sour said as she pulled her keys out of her purse and unlocked the car. She then got into the driver's seat.

I got in the passenger's seat as I said, "So, as long as it gets you from point A to point B, then that's good enough for you, right?"

She chuckled before replying, "Yeah, I guess so." She then turned the car on and buckled her seat belt as I buckled mine as well. She then pulled out and started to drive down the road. She was going slightly over the speed limit as she cruised down the left lane. "So, how was the rest of your day?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the road.

"It was good. Although, I don't think there's much that could ruin my day after acing that test." I replied as Sour started to approach a car that was in front of us.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." She said sweetly before she suddenly yelled out, "Hey, dipshit, go in the right lane if you're going to move that slow." She then carefully changed to the right lane to pass the car.

"Um, are you okay." I nervously asked.

"Oh, I'm fine." Sour Sweet reassured as we approached another car that was in the left lane. "I'm just a little short tempered when I'm behind the wheel of a car. It was at that moment that the car we were approaching suddenly changed into the lane we were in, forcing Sour Sweet to slow down to avoid a collision. "Hey, don't you look before you change lanes, asshole!" She angrily yelled at the car. "You're driving a car, so either shit or get off the pot!"

As she switched back to the left lane to pass the car, I asked in a concerned tone, "Um, how far away is this bakery?"

"Oh, like ten to fifteen minutes." Sour replied sweetly as passed the car and started to approach three cars.

"Oh...joy." I said as I prepared myself for her string of verbal assaults.

And for those next then to fifteen minutes, it was a lot easier to count the number of cars she didn't yell at, which was one. Needless to say, I was more than happy to get out of the car once we got to the bakery and I got out of it as fast as I could when she parked on the side of the street. Sour Sweet just casually got out of the car and said, "Oh, come on, I'm not that bad of a driver."

"I wouldn't say that you're a bad driver. Just a terrifying one." I said as I looked up at the bakery. It was a café styled bakery that sat at the corner of an intersection called, Sugar Cube Corner. I smirked a little as we walked up to the bakery and said, "So, I take it the place we're going to is the one with the really obvious name?"

Sour Sweet just rolled her eyes as she said, "Yeah, you joke about it now, but I'm sure that the jokes are going to stop once you've had one of their cakes."

"I'll keep that in mind." I said as I opened the door for her. She thanked me as she entered the shop and I followed her in. The both of us walked up to the front counter, which was being operated by a plump, blue woman, and looked into the display case to see the various types of cakes they had. They had a lot of delicious looking cakes on display, but there was one that caught my eye immediately. "That red velvet cake looks tempting." I said pointing at the cake in question.

"Want to split it and get a couple of milkshakes with it?" Sour Sweet asked.

"Yeah, let's do that." I said as I began to reach for my wallet.

Sour Sweet, however, quickly grabbed my arm to stop me. "Remember, White Foam, I'm the one treating you. That means that I'm the one paying." She said as she gave me a stern look practically screamed, 'You can argue with me if you want, but you're not going to win.'

I raised my hands up as a form of surrender and said, "If you insist."

She gave me a victorious smirk as she asked, "What milkshake do you want?"

"Vanilla's fine."

"Okay." She said as she walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to get a strawberry milkshake, a vanilla milkshake, and a slice of red velvet cake."

"Sure thing, sweetie." The woman cheerfully said as she pressed a few buttons on the register. "Your total will be eleven dollars and thirty-seven cents."

Sour Sweet pulled her wallet out of her purse and pulled out a twenty to pay for our food. The woman took the bill before putting it in the register and getting Sour Sweet's change. "Here's your change. We'll get your order for you right away." She said.

"Thank you." Sour replied. She then turned to me and said, "Go get a table while I wait for our order."


"Sure thing." I said before turning around and looked around for a table for us to sit at. On one side of the bakery, there were a couple of free tables and a table with a couch and a few chairs that was occupied by a group of seven girls. On the other side, there was a mix between occupied and free tables. I decided to pick a table on the side opposite of the couch and waited for Sour Sweet to arrive with our order.

After waiting a couple of minutes, Sour Sweet arrived holding a tray that had a red velvet cake, two forks, and two milkshakes on it. "Here we are." She said as she carefully placed the tray on the table, making sure that my vanilla milkshake was closer to where I was sitting. She then took the seat across from me, raised her milkshake slightly, and said, "To a job well done."

I felt my cheeks heat up at that. I then lifted my milkshake and said, "And to a damn good tutor."

Sour Sweet blushed as she embarrassingly said, "Oh please, I wasn't that great of a tutor. If that long period of time of me doing nothing is anything to go by. Besides, you never would have made that grade unless you put in some work into it."

"That's true," I admitted, "But I never would have been able to understand any of it if I didn't have somebody to help me out with it. And sure, you didn't were a bit distant for a while, but you made sure that you made up for it. So, thanks for everything you've done, Sour."

Sour Sweet turned her head towards the center of the bakery in embarrassment as she said, "Oh stop, you don't have to get all mushy on-" She immediately stopped talking when she noticed the group of seven girls. Her eyes widened in shock as she wore a worried look on her face.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked in concern.

She turned back to me and said, "Um, remember weeks ago when I told you about that one girl that me and my friends were pretty mean to."

"Vaguely." I answered.

"Well, she's sitting with that group over there. She's the one with the glasses." She said, pointing at one of the girls.

I looked over to the girl that she was pointing to. She was a light purple skinned girl with dark purple hair with violet and rose-colored streaks that was tied in a ponytail. She had a purple vest over a blue button-down shirt, had a pink bowtie around her neck, and had a purple skirt with an image that would be best described as a sparkle on it. She wore a pair of dark purple shoes and blue socks that almost went up to her knees. She also had a pair of black glasses on as well. She was sitting on the right side of the couch and seemed to be enjoying a conversation with the rest of the girls she was sitting with.

I turned back to Sour Sweet and asked, "You still feel guilty about how you treated her?"

"Of course, I do." She sadly admitted. "I wanted to apologize to her after the Friendship Games, but by the time I got the courage to do so...she had already transferred to Canterlot High." She said as she hung her head down.

We sat there in silence for what felt like hours. Sour Sweet just looking down sadly at the table and me just staring at her, trying to figure out what to say until something came to mind. With a determined look on my face, I just simply told her, "Go apologize to her then."

Sour Sweet looked up with a surprised look on her face and said, "What?!"

"Go apologize to her." I repeated to her.

"But what if she doesn't accept my apology." She asked sadly.

"Well, then that's for her to decide." I answered. "If she does, then great. If not, then at least you get something off of your conciseness and she'll know that you feel guilty about what you've done."

Sour Sweet just stared at me for a few seconds before she slowly looked down at her milkshake and took a deep breath. She then put a more determined look on her face and said, "You're right. I should go apologize to her." She took a big sip of her milkshake, probably as a way to calm herself and stood up as she asked, "You mind watching my purse for a few moments?"

"Of course." I replied.

"Thanks, I'll be right back." She said before she began to walk to the other side of the bakery. She made it about halfway before the orange skinned girl wearing a Stetson hat noticed her and grabbed the other girls' attention. They had worried looks on their faces as Sour Sweet approached them, except for the blue skinned girl who just glared at her.

When Sour Sweet reached the purple girl's side of the couch, pointed to her, and said something to the group with a nervous smile on her face. I assumed she just asked if she just asked if she could speak with the purple girl, because the girl looked over at her friends for a few seconds before turning back to Sour Sweet and nodded to her.

She then stood up and followed Sour to a corner of the bakery that was fairly isolated. She stood there with a neutral look on her face as Sour Sweet gave a lengthy apology to her. As she talked, I watched them with anticipation to see where the conversation was going. I took an occasional glance at the girl's friends, who also seemed interested with the conversation. After a few minutes, Sour Sweet finished her apology and gave the girl a hopeful smile.

The girl just stood there with her arms folded and a frown on her face for a few seconds. She then closed her eyes and took a visibly deep breath before she replied to Sour Sweet's apology. Sour Sweet's smile shifted to a sad look and she slouched a little. I just looked on her on sadly, since the girl's answer was obvious. Then, in a move that surprised both me and Sour Sweet, the girl put a hand on her shoulder and said something else with a small smile. Sour Sweet smiled back and replied to the girls. When Sour Sweet was done talking, both girls returned to their respective tables.

When Sour Sweet returned to her seat, she said, "Well, she didn't accept my apology."

"I could tell," I replied, "but what happened after that?"

"I guess she figured that the apology was sincere, so she told me that she appreciated the gesture and said that my apology was a good step in the right direction."

"Huh, that's certainly something." I said before taking a sip from my milkshake. "So, how do you feel?"

"Honestly, really good. I feel like a weight's been lifted off of my shoulders." She said happily. "Thanks for convincing me to do that."

I smiled at her and said, "You're welcome, Sour." I then used my fork to take a piece of cake and said, "Now, I think it's time to continue our celebration." As soon as the cake hit my mouth, my eyes widened in surprise. "Holy crap, this cake is amazing." I said as I continued to chew on the cake.

"Told you it was." Sour said as she ate a piece herself.

"Well, I guess I shouldn't take your word for granted." I said before taking a sip of my milkshake and eating another piece of cake.

"You better not." She said with a smirk.

We continued to talk and crack jokes as we ate our cake and drank our milkshakes. After about fifteen minutes, we finished everything and sat there letting the food settle. "That was delicious." I said.

"Yeah, it was." Sour said as she put everything on the tray for the staff to deal with later. She then stood up and asked, "You ready to go."

"Yeah, sure." I said as I stood up as well.

"Good." She said as she grabbed her purse. "Let's go, I'll bring you home." She said as she began to walk to the exit.

I stood there and just watched her walk away as I realized that that meant getting back into the car with Sour Sweet. All I could manage to say at that time was, "Oh...joy."


Our bland, generic main protagonist is running off into the woods in the middle of the night, separating himself from everyone else...for reasons. The others were finishing up killing the small army of vampire dogs. No, I didn't stutter. He kept running until he reached the side of a cliff, because at least he's smart enough to not run off a cliff. He then turns around when he hears a growl and he comes face to face with the being that had been tormenting him.

Zoltan, the dog of Dracula. Again, I didn't stutter. The vampire Rottweiler had been tasked with turning the main character into the new Count Dracula, something that he was really bad at. But now, was his last chance to finish the job. He slowly approached the main character, but stopped when he saw a cross around his neck. Now, being a vampire dog, he did what any sane vampire would do...promptly jump off of the cliff and accidently impale himself on a wooden post.

Indigo Zap, Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, and I proceeded to laugh at the screen. Sunny Flare facepalmed. Sugarcoat just stared at the screen with a deadpanned look. Sour Sweet had come over around ten to deal with the homework that was assigned to us. Everyone else started showing up at eleven and we started our movie marathon. Our first movie, 'Zoltan, The Dog of Dracula,' or as I referred to it, 'Zoltan, the Incompetent One.' Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare, and I were laying on my bed with Sour Sweet sandwiched between me and Sunny. Indigo and Lemon were sitting on the floor with their backs against the foot of the bed and Sugarcoat was content with sitting on the chair behind my desk.

When Lemon started to calm down, she turned to me and said, "Oh man, you were right to call that mutt, the incompetent one."

`"He spent more time turning other dogs into vampires instead of doing his job." Sugarcoat bluntly pointed out.

"Oh, speaking of which." I said as I pointed to the screen, because the film was somehow not over. The camera zooms onto some blood covered grass and shifts until it reaches a rabbit carcass and one of the main character's puppies by it. The puppy's eyes begin to glow red, signifying that it had become a vampire.

"Really!?" Sour Sweet exclaimed. "Did they think that they were being artsy or did they really think that they would get a sequel?"

"Maybe a little bit of both." I said as I stretched myself out. I then stood up and said, "I'm going to go get some snacks."

"Okay, want us to pick the next movie?" Indigo asked.

"Sure, go ahead. I'll be right back." I said as I left the room. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Let's see here. I thought as I opened the refrigerator. I should probably bring up a mix of soda and water.

"Hey, White Foam." I heard someone behind me say. I turned around to find Sunny Flare enter the kitchen. "Need any help?"

"Sure, you mind grabbing some chips from the pantry?"

"Sure, no problem." She said as she walked to the pantry and opened it. As she dug around, she suddenly said, "By the way, I haven't had the opportunity to ask how your date with Sour was?"

I nearly dropped a water bottle before turning to Sunny and said, "Um, you mean our celebration yesterday?"

Sunny rolled her eyes as she turned around with a large bag of chips in hand. "Oh, come on. You're going to tell me that you actually thought that what you two did yesterday was just an innocent celebration?" She asked with a smug grin. After a few seconds of silence, her grin started to drop into a slight frown. "You're kidding, right? You actually believed that she asked you out to a simple celebration."

"Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I? She even said that celebrating our test grades was the reason we went to the bakery." I said, feeling confused.

Sunny Flare rolled her eyes again as she placed the chips on the counter. "Okay, that's what Sour said. But how did she treat the whole thing. Did you split the bill or did she insist on paying for everything?"

"Well...she did." I admitted.

"Thought so. What did the two of you have?" She asked as a smug grin began to form.

"We each had a milkshake and we split a red velvet cake."

"Oh, that's interesting. So, what if I told you that that was the first time she's ever split a cake at Sugarcoat Corner?"

"Then I'd think that you're lying." I answered, "There's no way she's never shared a cake with you or the other girls."

"That's where you would be wrong. The others and I have tried for years to split something with her, but she kept insisting on having a piece for herself." She answered, never losing eye contact with me. "So, let me ask you this. If she has never split a cake with any of her closest friends, then what does that make you?"

I stared at her with wide eyes. If I'm the first person she's ever done that with, does that mean that she... I shook my head before asking, "Are you telling me that Sour Sweet has a crush on me?"

Sunny's grin widened a little bit as she teasingly said, "Why don't you ask her?"

"Like...right now?" I nervously asked.

"Yep, now come on." She said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me through the house. I was dragged along at first before I began to walk alongside her. When we got into my room, everyone turned to face us.

"Hey guys. Where's the rest of the food?" Lemon asked, noticing that the only thing I had in my hands was the water.

"Sugarcoat, Lemon, Indigo." Sunny began to say. "Let's step out for a moment. I think we should give Sour and White some privacy." She said with a teasing look.

Sugarcoat and Indigo shared a knowing smirk as they stood up and began to leave the room. Lemon just sat there with a dejected look as she said, "But...the food."

"We can get the food while we're out, just come on!" Sunny yelled, causing Lemon to quickly get up and run out of the room. Sunny then winked at me as she closed the door, leaving me and Sour Sweet alone in the room.

I looked at Sour Sweet who was just sitting on my bed with a surprised and bashful look. I wouldn't be lying if I said that I wasn't feeling bashful too. So, not really knowing how to go about this, I started our conversation with a simple, but awkward, "So..."

"So..." Sour replied nervously. "...what did you and Sunny talk about?"

"Oh, mostly just about our celebration yesterday." I answered. "Although, she kept on insisting that it was actually a date." This caused her to look away with a shyness I'd never witnessed from her before. "Was she right, Sour? Was that celebration really a date?"

We were silent for a few moments, none of us daring to speak a word. Sour then stood up with her arms crossed and looked at me in the eyes with a slight, determined frown. "If you really want to know, then yes. It was a date."

"But, why?" I asked feeling stunned.

"Why!?" Sour asked with a raised voice. "I don't know, maybe because even after the first couple of weeks of crap, you still decided to give me a second chance to help you out. Or, how even when we weren't in a tutoring session, you still wanted to spend time to get to know me. Heck, you even decided to share a hobby of yours with me and, I've come to find out, I like it too!" She exclaimed, pointing to the movie shelf.

"But what really solidified my feelings for you was how you helped me yesterday. Sure, it happened during our date, but to be honest with you I used that date to see if something would come out of it. But when I saw Twilight Sparkle and felt like I was about to break down, you know what happened? You happened! You kept me from completely breaking down and gave me the confidence I needed to apologize to her. All by telling me exactly what I needed to hear. That's when I knew that I really liked you." She said as tears formed in her eyes.

I just stood there just staring at her, eyes wide in surprise. She was so determined and so heartfelt about telling me how she felt, that she didn't understand what I was actually asking her. "I'm sorry." She suddenly said with a sad tone. "I should have known that you didn't feel the same. I should leave." She then began to walk towards the door.

But, as she began to walk away, I quickly, but gently grabbed her arm. You're not getting away. Not when there's something I have to tell you. "Sour" I said gently, "could you look at me?" She did as tears continued to stream down her cheeks. "I don't think you understand what I was actually asking." I said as I started to wipe away her tears. "What I was trying to ask was, why did you hide our date as a celebration?"

She looked at me surprised for a few seconds before nervously saying, "Well, I was honestly afraid that you wouldn't have gone with me if you thought it was a date."

I gave her a lopsided smile as I began to speak, "Sour, I'll admit that the first couple of weeks were a bit of a bad first impression for the both of us. But, when we agreed to start on a new foot, you decided to start over by showing me a different side of you. And I liked that side that I saw. You became kind to me and more thoughtful about how you interacted with me. And even though you made a mistake at the start of our tutoring sessions, you made sure to make up for it for no other reason than for my benefit." I spoke, my hands traveled from her cheeks to around her waist. "And, if there's anything I've learned these past few weeks, is that I could trust you with my life."

"R-really." Sour Sweet nervously replied.

"Really." I answered with a smile.

She stared at me for a few seconds she asked. "Hey, White Foam."

"Yeah.

"W-would you like to go on another date sometime?" She finally blurted out.

I looked her in the eyes as I said, "Yes, Sour, I'd love to go on another date with you."

Sour Sweet squealed happily as she jumped forward and gave me a tight hug. I almost stumbled back a little bit before I chuckled and returned the hug. We stood like that for what felt like hours. Sour Sweet rested her head on my shoulder, so I rested my head on hers to return the affection. Eventually, Sour Sweet leaned back a bit so that she could look at me, so I leaned to press my forehead against hers and stared into her eyes. We were so focused on each other that I almost didn't hear the door suddenly open.

We turned towards it to see Lemon Zest and Indigo Zap walk in with various snacks and drinks in their hands. "Yo, dudes," Lemon enthusiastically called out, "we're here with the food. Are we going to start the next movie or not?" She then noticed that we were hugging in the middle of the room and said, "Um, are we interrupting something?"

Sour Sweet and I looked at each other before she shrugged her shoulders, "Not really, although we probably would have appreciated it if you had knocked first." Sour said, causing Lemon Zest to smile sheepishly.

Sugarcoat and Sunny Flare then came in. Sugarcoat was carrying a few sodas and Sunny was carrying a couple bowls of popcorns. "I swear, the two of you could have waited a little longer." She scolded before she saw Sour and I. She then smirked and asked, "So, I take it that things went well."

"We have another date next Friday." Sour immediately answered and I nodded in confirmation.

"Oh, really. So, it's not just another celebration?" Indigo sarcastically asked.

I rolled my eyes before replying, "No, it's a date. Neither of us are trying to hide it as something else."

"Well, that's good to hear. We're happy for you." Lemon said as she sat back down at her previous spot. "Now, can we get this movie started or what?"

"Alright, alright, we can get the movie started." I said as I let go of Sour Sweet and began to walk towards my bed. "What movie did y'all pick anyway."

"Some movie called, Blood Waters of Dr. Z." Sugarcoat informed as she passed around a few sodas.

"Oh, boy that's a fun one to make fun of.." I happily exclaimed.

"Anything we should know about it?" Sour asked as she followed me.

"Only that it's a cheesy science fiction monster flic where a mad scientist transforms himself into a sea monster. We just have to sit through fifteen to twenty minutes of him walking around to read notes and to check his equipment." I explained

"Oh good, and oh god!" Sour replied, causing me to laugh

I then laid down on my bed and grabbed the remote. "Is everyone ready to get it started."

"Give me a moment." Sour said as she got on the bed and crawled up to me. Once she was right next to me, she lied down and began to embrace and nuzzled into me. "Okay, now I'm ready."

I chuckled before saying, "Alright, let's get the show started." I said as I pressed the play button.

So, the festivities had continued like they had before, only this time Sour and I began to enjoy each other's company just as much as we were enjoying the movies as we continued to on the bed. She practically refused to let go, unless it was to allow me to go to the bathroom or put in another movie. But, the fun unfortunately had to come to an end. Around ten o'clock, everyone began to say goodbye and went off in their respective rides. The last one to leave was Sour Sweet, who stood by the front door with me and seemed reluctant to read. "So, do you want to stay longer or do you have to get going?"

"...I think I'll get going." Sour Sweet answered sadly. "I'm sure that my parents want me to go home anyway."

"That's understandable. So, I'll see ya on Monday?" I asked as I held my arms out for a hug.

"Definitely." She said as she accepted the hug. "And I'll be looking forward for next Friday."

"Yeah, so am I. Hey, since you planned our 'date' yesterday, why don't I plan our next date?" I offered.

She thought about it for a few moments before she replied, "Alright, I'd be alright with that. See ya later then." She then leaned forward and gave me a peck on the cheek, catching me off guard. She then walked out the door and got into her car.

I stood there for a few moments, still somewhat shocked by Sour action, before smiling a little bit and closing the door. I turned around to see my mom leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and a shit-eating grin on her face. "So, just friends, huh." She said teasingly.

"...Okay, so the two of us are going out on a date and might possibly start a relationship." I admitted with an annoyed tone. "Anything else you'd like to hear before I go back to my room?"

"Not really." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"In that case, good night mother." I said as I began to walk upstairs. "I've got a date to plan."

"Need any help with that?" She asked with an interested tone.

"No, I think I'll be fine."

"Okay, I'll let you be." She replied. But, as soon as I reached the top of the stairs, I heard her yell, "Just remember, if you can't think of anything then a dinner and a movie is a safe idea!"

"Alright, mom!" I yelled back as I walked back in my room to get ready for bed.