• Published 5th Nov 2015
  • 2,989 Views, 36 Comments

Sour Love - RomeoDKat



[1st person oc X Sour Sweet] White Foam's first day at Crystal Prep has resulted in him being hated by Sour Sweet. But as time goes on, could this hatred change into something else?

  • ...
4
 36
 2,989

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

Hey, I fnally did a thing...Yay!

Today was Thursday, the day of the physics test. Ever since the tutoring session Sour Sweet and I had this past weekend, I studied as hard as I could to prepare for this exam. But that still didn't stop me from being extremely nervous about it as I stood at my open locker. Repeatedly, I just kept thinking about how I wasn't ready for this test and that I needed more time to prepare for it. Right as I was about to close my locker, I heard the locker to my left suddenly open.

I turned my head to see that Sour Sweet had opened her locker and was putting her belongings into it. "Hey, White Foam, ready for the physics test today?" She asked without looking at me.

"Uh...yeah. As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." I reluctantly answered, turning back to the locker.

Sour Sweet stopped what she was doing before she looked at me with a concerned look on her face. "That didn't sound very convincing. Don't tell me you didn't study for it." She said.

"Of course I did." I said defensively.

"Good, now come on, we're going to be late." She said as she pulled her calculator out of her locker and closed it. Otherwise, you really would've studied for nothing." She added as she began to walk away.

I sighed as I closed my locker and followed her to our physics class. On the way there, I tried to think of anything that would get me to avoid taking the test today. Maybe the teacher will forget about the test? Yeah, when has that ever happened. Maybe someone will pull the fire alarm today? Oh please, who would be crazy enough to do that. Especially when the best outcome is Cinch immediately suspending them. Maybe I can pretend to be sick? Yeah, and trick the nurse how? Besides, even if I could trick the nurse, my mom would find out when she got home and scalp me for it. It was at that moment that I looked up to see that I was right in front of the classroom and just froze. And as I stood there, all I could think of was four words. I can't do this.

Sour Sweet, who had already walked into the classroom, was just about to sit at her desk until she looked back at me and saw me just staring into the classroom. She looked at me with a concerned look before she put her stuff on her desk and walked up to me. When she was in front of me, she asked, "Hey, White Foam, are you doing okay? And don't say that you're fine, because I can tell that you're not.

"...Sour Sweet, I can't do this. I'm not ready for this test." I sadly admitted.

"I knew it. You didn't study!" Sour Sweet responded with a slight scowl on her face.

"No, Sour, I studied. I tried to study at least three hours a day for it this past week. It's just that...what if the teacher put a trick question on the test just to spite with us?" I began to frantically ask. "What if he puts material on the test we barely went over in class? What if there was something that I forgot to look over? What if-"

My series of 'what if' questions was interrupted when I felt a pair of hands grasp my shoulders. Sour Sweet was practically staring into my soul with a slight frown on her face. "Alright, I need you to answer every single answer I ask you, got it?" She asked with determination.

"O-okay" I managed to reply.

"How do you find the current of a circuit?" She asked.

"Take the charge of the circuit and divide it by the time." I answered immediately before flinching back. Where the hell did that come from.

"Good, now if the charge and time are given along with two different voltages, how do you find the power?" Sour asked as a smile began to form.

"Um, find the difference between the two voltages and multiply that difference by the current, which again can be found by dividing the charge by the time." I replied.

"Alright, and how do you find the resistance?" She asked as her smile grew.

"Add the resistances that are in parallel by taking each of the resistors under one before adding them together. Then take all of the resistors in the series and add them together." I said.

She then let go of my shoulders and said, "See, you remembered all of that without having to use the formula sheet. As far as I'm concerned, you're more than ready for it."

Once she was done with her little prep talk, I felt some of the anxiety beginning to slip away. I still felt nervous, but I didn't feel like taking this test was going to be a lost cause either. Sour Sweet's small pop quiz helped, but it was during that last bit of encouragement that I started to really calm down. There was something about her trying to help me that just felt...calming. I took a deep breath before replying. "Alright...I think I can do this."

She nodded before saying, "Good, I'm glad to hear that." She then developed a small frown before she quickly moved behind me and exclaimed, "Now, get in there before the bell rings or you're guaranteed to fail it! She then proceeded to push me into the classroom.

I stumbled forward for a few seconds before I caught my balance and turned around to give Sour an unamused look. She responded by giving me a smug grin as she walked up beside me. I rolled my eyes at her before I walked up to my desk as she giggled and walked to her desk. When I reached my desk, I placed my pencil and calculator on it, took my seat, and faced forward to see the teacher at his desk.

The teacher was reading through some papers on his desk as students continued to enter the classroom. By the time the bell rang, all of the desks were occupied and the teacher had stopped reading through his papers and pulled another rather large stack of papers out of his bag. He then got up and said, "Put all of your books and notes away. The only things allowed on your desks are pencils and your calculator. Several students began to quickly put away their books and notes as the teacher said, "When I place a test paper on your desk, you may begin."

As he passed out the tests, I began to think to myself to keep myself from panicking again. Okay, don't overthink this. You can ace this test. Even Sour Sweet believes you can pass this. When the teacher reached my desk, he placed a test paper on my desk. I took a deep breath and thought to myself, Okay, let's do this, and looked at the first question.

The first question had a circuit that had five different points of resistance in a series. Two of the points consisted of a single resistor and the three other points had resistors in parallel, two of them had three resistors and one had two resistors. The question asked for the total resistance of the circuit.

I continued to take steady breathes as I thought, Okay, remember what Sour Sweet taught you. Add all of the resistors in parallel together before you add all the resistors in the main series together. With that in mind, I added all of the individual parallel resistors by adding all of the resistors in that parallel together the way that Sour Sweet taught me to. When I had the three parallel resistors added up so that each of them was the equivalent of one resistor, I thought, Okay, now I need to add these five resistors together and I get- I entered the numbers into my calculator and added them together. Twenty-six ohms as the answer. I sat up a little straighter as I wrote down my answer and thought to myself, Huh, that felt easier than I thought it was going to be. Maybe this test won't be as bad as I thought it was going to be.

And it actually wasn't. I ended up being able to get through it with little difficulty. The only problem I had trouble with was one where I had to find the voltage of a capacitor, but even with that problem I was still able to finish the test with about seven minutes left to spare. I looked through the test one last time to check my work before I decided that I was finished. So, I got up and walked to the teacher's desk to turn it in. He took the test from me and placed it face down on a stack of other tests that had been completed and continued to watch over the class.

As I walked back to my desk, I glanced around the room to see how the other students were doing. Some of them were racing to finish their test, while everybody else had already finished it. Sour Sweet was one of the students who finished the test and was currently reading a book. When I got back to my desk, I sat there and waited out the rest of the class time.

The bell rang soon after and everybody began to file out of the classroom, with a small handful who didn't finish it quickly writing down their work before turning in the test. I grabbed my things as I got up and walked out of the classroom to get my locker. Along the way, Sour Sweet walked up beside me and asked, "Hey, so how did it go?"

"Honestly... I think I did alright on it." I answered. "I had some problems with one of the questions involving a capacitor, but other than that I didn't have too much difficulty with it."

Sour Sweet gave me a small smile as she said, "That's good to hear. Guess we'll see how you did tomorrow."

"...Wait, what?" I asked after a small pause to process what she just said.

"Yeah, this teacher has a habit of grading our tests the day we take them and then gives them back to us the day after." She casually explained.

I raised an eyebrow at her as I asked, "So, does he sleep at all on test days."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't." She said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Well, on the plus side, we won't be spending the weekend worrying about what we got on the test, right?"

"Yeah, that's a fact." I said as we reached our lockers.


The next day had arrived, and just like Sour Sweet had predicted, the teacher started the class by saying, "Class, your tests have been graded. When I call your name, come up and get your test." He then looked down at the stack of papers and called out, "Suri Polomare."

As he called out names of students to get their tests, I saw movement at the bottom of my eye. I looked down and saw that there was a folded piece of paper on my desk. With a confused look on my face, I picked it up and unfolded it. Inside was a note that read out.

Let me know what you got.

-Sour

I glanced over to my right to see that Sour Sweet was pretending to give the teacher her full attention as she glanced over to me to make sure that I read the note. I smirked at her and gave her a thumbs up to let her know that I got her message. "White Foam." I heard the teacher suddenly call out, catching me by surprise as I looked up at the teacher.

I gave a soft sigh as I stood up and walked up to the teacher. Even though I was walking at a normal pace, it felt like it was taking me hours to walk up to him. Anxiety was starting to hit me again at full force. How could it not? This test could make or break my grade. When I finally reached the teacher, he handed me my test. I took it and reluctantly looked down at my grade as I walked back to my desk. I got a ninety-three.

Time felt like it was going back to normal as relief began to spread throughout my body. I can't believe it. I thought as I sat down at my desk. I got a ninety-three! I actually got an A on a physics test. I looked up at Sour Sweet to see her looking at me curiously. So, I turned my paper a little to let her see what my grade was. She gave me a small, sincere smile and a thumbs up before turning back towards the teacher.

"Sour Sweet." The teacher called out. Sour Sweet stood up and confidently walked up to get her test back. When she got it, she walked back as she looked through her test to see what she got on it and smirked at her results. She turned the paper towards me so that I could see what her grade was as she sat down. She got a ninety-five. I nodded my head and silently told her, "Good job."

The rest of the class went on as normal. The teacher started a new subject and gave us a new homework assignment at the end of class. When the bell rang, everybody got up from their seats and started to head to their next class. When I got to the hallway, Sour Sweet came up beside me and gave me a hug. "See, I told you that you could do it!" She happily said.

I smiled as I returned the hug and said, "Yeah, you did. Although, I don't think I would have been able to pass it without your help."

"You're damn right you wouldn't have." She exclaimed as she released me from the hug.
She then paused for a few moments before suddenly asking, "Hey, why don't we go celebrate?"

I turned with her with a surprised look. "Really!? Don't we have a tutoring session today?" I asked.

"Pttf, we can do that tomorrow morning. So, why don't I take you to this really awesome bakery in town this afternoon?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

"Alright, and I guess we can have the tutoring session at my house tomorrow." I offered "We could even watch a couple of movies when we're done, if you want to?"

"Only if you invite our friends over as well. They all seemed interested when we told them about the movie we watched last weekend." She replied.

"I guess there's no harm in that. Though I think that Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest were the ones interested. Sunny Flare and Sugarcoat just seemed mildly curious." I replied.

"Even so, I'm sure they'll at least appreciate being invited." She reassured.

"Alright, I guess I'll ask them whenever I have the opportunity to do so." I replied. "Where should I meet you for our celebration."

"Just meet me by the front entrance. I'll drive us to the bakery." She replied.

"Alright, I'll look forward to it." I told her as we continued on to our next class.