• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 1,136 Views, 28 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Time and Harmony - Grassy Blade



Link has beaten Majora and is searching for Navi in the Lost Woods when he ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 28
 1,136

Flim and Flam

Author's Note:

I don't know which brother is which, so I have the one with the mustache in red.
:pinkiesick:
If I have their names mixed up please tell me.

Link headed toward the shop. Hopefully he would find what he was looking for.

"Hello little one!" said Flim

"What can we interest you in?" asked Flam

"I'm searching for an instrument." replied Link.

"An instrument you say?" asked Flam.

"Yes, an instrument."

"Well then you've come to the right place! We've got a full selection of instruments!"

Link took a look at the shelves. There were many different instruments. There were trombones, pianos,
harps, trumpets, drums, and many more instruments. His eye soon caught a glimpse of something on
the top shelf. A blue purple ocarina with three triangles forming a triangle on the mouth piece.

"That's it!" exclaimed Link pointing to it.

Flim looked where Link was pointing and said "I'm afraid you probably wont be able to afford that!"

"How much?" asked Link.

"200!" said Flam.

Link pulled out a HUGE yellow Rupee. "Sorry little one, but only bits will suffice." said Flim.

"What are bits?" asked Link.

"You don't know what bits are?" asked Flim.

"Very odd!" said Flam. "Tell me, where you from?"

"I come from a land called Hyrule, where the currency is Rupees." said Link. "There are different color Rupees
that have different values." He then reached into his Giant's wallet and pulled some out.
"Green Rupees are worth one rupee. Blue Rupees are worth 5 rupees. Red Rupees are worth 20 rupees, Purple Rupees are worth 50 rupees, HUGE Silver Rupees are worth 100 rupees, and HUGE Yellow Rupees are worth 200 rupees.

"Very interesting." said Flam

"Why so expensive?" asked Link.

"It's unique!" exclaimed Flim

"And as hard as we try we can't seem to play it." said Flam.

"It's impossible!" said Flim.

"Well it belongs to me, so I know it's not impossible to play." said Link.

"Prove it." said Flam.

"Okay then. Let's bet on it! If I win, you will have to lower the price to 20!" said Link.
"And if you win, you'll get to take those 200 bits from us!"

"WHAT!?" yelled Twilight as she heard this.

"Don't worry Twilight, just trust me on this." said Link determined.

"Trust you!? I barely even know you!" she said.

"You're on!" said Flim handing Link the ocarina. When Link held it, it turned into a lyre.

Link then played The Song of Healing on the lyre.
When he finished he was back to normal. A mask fell on the ground. It resembled a pony.

You've got the Pony Mask! By putting on this mask, you can take the form
of a young colt! Take it off to revert back to your original form!

"Link! Where did you go?"

"I'm right here," said Link.

"Wait, you're a human?"

"No, I'm actually a hylian. Very similar in structure to humans."

"Anyways, that didn't count because it turned into a lyre!" said Flam.

"Oh really?" said Link with a smirk. "This is a song that my
very best friend taught me." said Link as he lifted the ocarina up to his mouth.

Link then played Saria's Song.

"Okay! Okay!" said Flim giving up. "That'll be 20 bits!"
Twilight payed them 20 bits and they rejoined the others.

"That was very foolish Link!" said Twilight.

"Hey! I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't sure about it!" he said.

"Well just make sure to consult with us before doing something like that again!"

"Yes Miss Twilight."


"So let me get this straight, you're from another world?" asks Applejack. Link nods yes.

"I should write to Princess Celestia about this!" said Twilight. "To the castle!" Twilight teleports everypony to the outside of her castle.

Link gets a little dizzy because of this, but soon shakes off the feeling. "Wow... teleportation, nice!"

"Please do warn us next time..." said Rarity.

"Oh, um... Sorry...":twilightsheepish:

"Wait... why is everyone inside? It's a beautiful day!" said Link.

"You know, I was just wondering the same thing!" said Pinkie.

"Wait... I didn't tell you?" said Rainbow Dash.

"Tell us what?" asked Rarity.

"There's supposed to be scheduled rain in Ponyville today, but I guess the pegasus ponies are running late."

"Pegasi control the weather?" Link asked

"Well of course they do silly!" said Pinkie Pie. "I mean how else will Equestria get it's water?"
Link pulls out his ocarina and plays The Song of Storms. It then starts to rain.

"Whoa!.. How did you do that?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"It's magic." said Link.

"Awesome!" said Rainbow Dash.


In the castle

"Spike!" called Twilight.

"Yes Twilight?" said the purple dragon. "What is that!?"

"This is Linkie! He's from another world!" said Pinkie.

"It's Link..." said Link who didn't like his nickname. "Say, aren't you a dragon?"

"Why yes! I am a dragon!"

"Spike, please send a letter to Princess Celestia!" said Twilight

"I'm on it!"