• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 1,574 Views, 202 Comments

Tales of Another Ponyville - Paradise Oasis



Stoybelle tells tales of the ponies of a very Different Ponyville....

  • ...
3
 202
 1,574

PreviousChapters Next
Motormouthed Mare

Ohmygosh! A new customer! Wow, I've never seen you around Ponyville before, and I so totally know every Pony here in Ponyville so that means you have to be new! So, what's your name? Where are you from, Butterfly island or Unicornia? Do you like to play hopscotch, or chocolate chip checkers? Have any hobbies? What's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? What's your favorite sport? Do you like bike rides or boating? Do you have a boyfriend, or are you a single mare? Cause if you're single, I've got some connections here in town, and I can hook you up with a real nice-

Oops, I'm sorry! I can tell by that look on your face that I kinda overwhelmed you with my questions there. My name's Cotton Candy, and this is my Cotton Candy Cafe. I run Ponyville's number one hangout spot, and serve up all the yummy dishes and sweet treats every pony here in Ponyville could possibly want! Huh, compete with Sweetberry's bakery? Nah, Sweetberry's cool! She runs a shop where you buy treats and take 'em home, my cafe you sit down and eat stuff right here! Besides, she comes over and helps me bake stuff here a lot for Ponyville's big parties and festivals!

So what'll it be? A cup of hot coca? Or maybe a doughnut and a ham sandwich? Yeah, we eat ham here, not like the rest of Equestria; gotta keep that protein up, ya know! Ohhhh, maybe you'd like a slice of cake? My boyfriend Golden Delicious always stops in for a slice of cake before he goes to work in Applejack's apple orchard. Oh, you might have met him, he's the white stallion with the blonde mane and green apple cutie mark. Really nice and quiet guy, all he usually says is 'uh-huh' all the time, though. The stallion is such a goofball, though; one time he lost a bet with his sister Apple Spice, and she made him walk all over butterfly island in her sundress! Ohh, Apple Spice! Boy that mare could-

D'oh! I'm so sorry! I did it again! I just have a habit of running my mouth all the time; that's why they have me as the announcer and DJ for most Ponyville events, don't you know? I've never actually been very good at cooking things or making stuff- that's why Sweet berry and Triple Treat make most of the goodies and food here at my cafe, I just reheat em' or serve them up. But I'm really good at talking to the ponies who come in here, and I can really perk em' up when I'm listening to their troubles- well, when I'm not busy chattering myself, that is! I've been really good at talking and talking and talking to ponies, every since I first learned how to talk as a little filly!

Hmm, ya know, that might explain why mom and dad tossed me out on my can when I turned eighteen... I couldn't keep my trap shut. Not that it's a good thing I talk so much, but I really can't help but say what's on my mind all the time! Ohhh, did you hear about King Hidden Treasure, the ruler of the Pegasus ponies on Butterfly island? I heard he has a bad habit of stuffing other pony's things away and hiding them, then making the other ponies go on a hunt to find them! Or what About Midnight Dream, the stallion who is supposed to go into the Dreams of all the ponies in Ponyville, Butterfly island, and Unicornia and make sure to keep all the bad nightmares out. I bet he'd had some really interesting stories to tell... if he didn't automatically forget everything he did in dreams the night before, that is.

Hey did you hear about Sew and Sew? I hear she's too shy to actually sell her dresses herself, and has Rainbow Dash do all the talking for her! One time, I went into the dress shop to pick up a gown, and Rainbow was all like 'Dahling' this and 'Dahling' that- I mean, what is with that pony, doesn't she ever know when to shut up!?- Anyway, I got tired of listening to Rainbow yammer, so I trotted to the back and found Sew and Sew! I was all like 'hey, how ya doing?" and she was all like 'um-uh-ah', and so I started to tell her about the kind of dress I wanted and how awesome her shop was and how much everybody in town just loved her dresses and asked her how her boyfriend Autumn Skye was and what was she planning for her new fall line!

Man, you could tell that mare was really shy, the way her face turned beat red, and she dove in between the clothes racks to get away from me! Pinkie Pie tells me it's because the sound of my voice is like a hoof screeching on chalkboard, but that so totally can't be right! I mean everybody loves listening to be talk when I DJ or tell stories, why would they find me annoying just talking to them? I mean, it's not like I'm a walking disaster like Minty or anything, and I've always got lots and lots and lots and lots of nice things to say to every pony in town- I mean it's not like you're finding me annoying right now, huh? It's not like I'm totally grating on your nerves right now, and making you want to run outside, and throw yourself into the Ponyville lake just to get away from me, right?

Hey, where'd you go? You haven't even ordered yet! And why is one of the boats tied to my dock outside the back of the cafe missing? Oh well, I guess she had to be somewhere in a gosh-awful-darn-hurry! Hey ,she even left a really big tip for me! And what's this note she left here? Hey, it says. "PLEASE SHUT UP!" Oh, well she couldn't have possibly meant me, right? Oh dear, listen to me now, I'm talking to myself again! Huh, maybe I should close up for the day, and try to go out to Breezie Blossom and try to enjoy the flowers and the warm weather. I wonder why the Breezies always have to go help Wysteria in the royal gardens whenever I decide to stop by, it's really, really strange....

PreviousChapters Next