• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 1,570 Views, 202 Comments

Tales of Another Ponyville - Paradise Oasis



Stoybelle tells tales of the ponies of a very Different Ponyville....

  • ...
3
 202
 1,570

PreviousChapters Next
Rev it Up!

"Woah, Sprite! Listen to that mean baby roar!" Scootaloo says with a great big grin, sticking her head down into the grease pit where I'm working. "You really got my machine purring like a kitten, babe! You're as awesome as always!"

The scream of a mean machine... the roar of a powerful engine, coupled with the smell oil and lubricant, grease and engine grime. Brake fluid and sweat cover my purple coat and blue mane, and the sounds of the roaring engine of the iron beast I am working on fill my ears. She'll be so happy I upgraded the engine block on this baby, and now it'll run twice as fast as it used to, on half the juice it used to!

Oh, sorry man, I'm talking to myself again. Yo, the name's Scooter Sprite, and I'm the Stallion in charge of Scootaloo's pit crew that work on her scooter before each and every one of her shows. Yeah, you've probably seen me around town. I'm that guy who rides around town on his roller skates, performing tricks and knocking into other ponies and getting our manes all tangled up together, in a knotty mess. Yeah, I know I really look and sound like a mare. But what stallion here in Ponyville doesn't?

Anyway, it's really weird that a pony with a motor scooter cutie mark is always riding around on skates? Well, the answer is I don't ride on scooters, I'm actually really good at repairing them. Been really handy with my hooves ever since I was a colt, and managed to fix my old man's lawn mower in three minutes flat! I don't think there is an engine I can't fix in this town!

"You'll love what I've done with the acceleration, and she should give you a much smoother ride around the track." I tell her, wiping the grease off my hooves with a rag. "You should give her a test run, to see how she flies!"

"I think I will, babe!" She tells me, giving me a peck on the cheek. Putting her helmet on, she mounts the scooter, and revs up the engine with her hoof. "Let's see what this little purring beauty can do!"

Scootaloo and the scooter explode out of the grease pit and go racing around the muddy dirt track. Have you seen a goddess on wheels tearing past each of the flags on the raceway, her beautifully curved flank straddling the raging beast of a machine crafted by your own hooves? Her long pink and purple locks blowing wildly in the wind, as the mud thrown up by the treads of the scooter's tires splatter all over silky orange coat and butterfly cutie mark. The grime and filth only serves to enhance her raw and savage beauty.

Scoots and I have been together for a few years now. I first met this princess of the racetrack shortly after her nineteenth birthday, when her sister Cheerilee sent her over to my garage after she totaled her scooter in a race. I saw here standing there as I came out of my garage- hotter than hi-test gasoline, the perfect picture of a queen of the raceway. I was so enamored, that I had her bike fixed in five minutes, and she was so impressed with my work, that she invited me to come and be a part of her pit crew.

We've been winning races and scoring together ever since.

"Woohoo! This is awesome!" Scoots called out, leaping from a muddy dune, and waving at me as she raced by. "Ya did it again, babe! I'm so totally gonna kill em' in the show today!"

Of course you will, Scoots, you always knock em' dead, as Ponyville's extreme scooter sports mare. You excite crowds by jumping through burning rigs of fire on the back of those pink scooters I build for you, all of Ponyville cheers every time you do a new death defying stunt. Every little filly and mare dreams of being you, and every adolescent colt and stallion dreams of being with you. But only one male has had that dream come true. You're so popular, that Fiesta Flair and Razaroo are actually fighting over hosting your twenty-first birthday party next month!

I don't mind forever being in her shadow, being totally unnoticed slaving away in the grease pit while Scootaloo shows off in the limelight. But whenever I see her out there, risking her life... whenever she's jumping over a shark tank, or hopping her scooter over a bottomless pit, or riding that machine to the edge of certain doom... I can't help but feel a certain thrill go through me. Not the thrill of the audience at her death-defying stunts, but rather the same thrill she goes through performing.

Because even though she's the one going through the act out there, it is my machine, my handwork, my Special talent she's riding on. Which means that in a way, I'm right out there preforming beside her. And boy let me tell you, that is a really awesome feeling for a pony like me to have!

"Good job as always, babe!" She congratulates me, bringing the scooter to a complete stop back in the pit. "I love the improvements you made on this beauty!"

"Anything for you,doll!" I tell her, picking up my wrench and trotting back over towards the scooter. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make some final adjustments to the bike, and-"

"Forget making some adjustments to the bike, babe." Scootaloo giggled, popping her helmet off, and lying down on the scooter with her back legs astride the rider's seat. "There's another test engine I want to take for a spin! You wanna come over here, and give me a hoof?"

I've been a mechanic on these things for a really long time, and wow... I learned there were a lot of tricks two ponies could do together on a motor scooter, that I didn't know about before...

PreviousChapters Next