• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 756 Views, 10 Comments

Unfriendly Takeover - rainbowderp117



In the center of the Pacific Ocean a strange island has been found, a military task force has been sent on a mission on this island to find a group of explorers that have been presumed dead but it does not go as planned.

  • ...
4
 10
 756

The island

April 6, 2016 - Pacific Ocean

It was like any other day out at sea, the sun was shining, water as far as the eye could see, and an abundance of nothing. Now don't get me wrong I do enjoy being the captain of this glorious freighter which was currently being used to export "important cargo" into China I do hate the fact that the view is the blandest thing I have ever laid my eyes upon, but today was different, today I got the chance to look at an island, a very large one in fact that announced that I was actually very lost. "Rick" I said to my navigator who was currently transfixed with his monitor "how in the hell did you mess up this badly?" he took a sip of his coffee and sighed.

"We didn't mess up sir we're going through the same route we have we've been through a million times." He said as he stared blankly at the navigation console. "But if you want to know where this island came from it probably came out of thin air." He laid his coffee down and stood up.

"What in the hell are you trying to say Rick?" I asked him as I took a look at the navigation console confused, he was right, this was the same route we always took, the satellite imaging we were using was only months old as well.

"I'm saying that this island doesn't exist." He then picked up the ship's communicator and began dialing a number into it.

I continued staring in disbelief at the console "well don't take too long calling whoever you're calling because I'm pretty sure the Chinese are just dying to get their hands on these office supplies and furniture we're carrying."


April 26, 2016 - The Pentagon

The chairman was ready to give his speech, while he was not truly sure what was going on he knew the absolute importance of addressing this matter. "Twenty days ago NASA had received a call from an anonymous source which had claimed of encountering an unknown island in the Pacific Ocean, at first they took no notice of these claims but the next day one of their satellites had found a large landmass nearly the size of South America. Exactly six days after the discovery of this large continent, a group of explorers were dispatched in order to explore the landmass, at the end of that week they had reported of their arrival but in between the hours of setting up camp and exploring we lost all contact with them and fear they were killed." The chairman took a sip from his water bottle and continued his speech. "After a discussion of these events the board has settled with a plan, which will have to involve our military. This will be the only time I will be allowed to speak of this operation in order to keep it away from public eye. We have settled to send a task force to the island, the orders that will be given to these men will be to find the explorers and extract them, if the explorers are found to be dead then their orders will be to find the cause of death and recover any information recorded on the island. This task force will be trained in basic survival skills, and will be extracted immediately after completing their mission."


April 6, 2016 - Canterlot

"Um, what just happened?" Twilight asked Celestia as they stared in awe at the elements of harmony which now rested on the throne room's floor.

"I have no idea." Celestia said as her horn glowed to pick the elements off the ground. A loud thump was heard on the main entrance before it quickly opened revealing Twilight's friends.

"What the hay is going on here?" Applejack yelled at the two as she stomped towards the alicorns.

"What do you mean?" asked Twilight as she focused her gaze on the elements of harmony.

"What do you think I mean, first I heard an explosion comin from here and now the entire sky looks funny!" She said with a confused expression and looked back at her four friends behind her worryingly.

"Well, we we're messing with the elements, and they kind of, exploded." Twilight answered which caused her friends to stare agape with shock "don't worry nothing happened to them they're safe." As she pointed them to the elements receiving a sigh of relief "but did anything else strange happen besides the sky changing that's worth taking note of?" She asked taking a look at the eerily out of place sky through the rooms see-through mosaics. Applejack opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted by Celestia falling on the throne room's red carpet. "PRINCESS." yelled Twilight as she rushed over to Celestia. Celestia was still awake, but she looked to be in an intense pain and began to cry. The only thing Twilight and the other elements could do was comfort her until she began to speak.

"I've had a vision." Celestia said quietly "Of bad things happening, very bad things." She began to weep once more before regaining her train of thought "They will come to destroy us, and they will come soon."

"They?" asked Twilight.

"Monsters, unmerciful monsters." She began to stand assisted by twilight's magic "we must act quickly."

Author's Note:

This is a remake of a fic I wrote years ago, It was pretty terrible and got horrible ratings but I thought the idea behind was great so I took the time to create a new plot for it. It took over a year to finish this chapter because I would keep scrapping older ideas that didn't sound to good.