• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 756 Views, 10 Comments

Unfriendly Takeover - rainbowderp117



In the center of the Pacific Ocean a strange island has been found, a military task force has been sent on a mission on this island to find a group of explorers that have been presumed dead but it does not go as planned.

  • ...
4
 10
 756

Task Force 03

The UH-60's propellers sliced through the wind as it traversed at a high speed towards it's specified LZ, it was occupied by four highly skilled soldiers, "The island is now in view prepare for landing in ETA three minutes." the copilot alerted through his headset, I knew this mission was not going to be as easy as it seemed. Me and my team had been in training for less than a week for this "high priority" mission which would be to land on an island that decided to show itself for no damn reason and find some explorers who got lost either dead or alive, so it's safe to say that I have a feeling that this may not turn out too well.

"Why the hell would command send us on a survival mission if we barely have any survival training at all?" My teammate Charles asked from across the chopper. I had no idea why exactly we were being sent on this extraction mission, my squad was named Task Force 03 which is a special forces team part of the United States armed forces used for high priority assassination and escort missions which did not require very much survival training.

"Well they could be sending us because we were the only ones they had that could fight and had at least a day of survival training." I told him, Charles was my right hand man and friend, we were trained together a few years back and he is now my squad's heavy weapons specialist. He sighed and looked out the window toward the island as we continued to approach it.

"So how exactly are we going to find these explorers?" Rick asked, Rick was my appointed marksman and the newest member of my squad, he was trained in reconnaissance and long range combat but I don't know if he is good at either of those since he hasn't been sent on a single mission.

"Once we get on that island our first task is to search the boat the explorers had used to get there and search for anything which will aid in our mission, fortunately the boat is right next to our LZ." I told him, I began to check my gear, my backpack had everything we needed to survive for more than a day, including an M4 with an extra four loaded magazines, a Beretta M9, and my trusty Ka-Bar. I hope I would not have to use some of these items for the hours or even days to come.

"We have reached the LZ prepare for landing." The pilot said as the helicopter gently descended onto the the island's sandy beach. "We will be dispatched to the nearest carrier to quickly return when ordered." The pilot said as the choppers propellers slowly sped down.

"Alright men lets get moving I don't want to spend more time here then needed." I ordered as I pulled the cargo door beside me open allowing us to jump onto the soft, sandy ground, the helicopter began to ascend into the air behind us, as I took in the scenery around me everything seemed so strange, the entire island looked unusually colorful, like some sort of drawing but the sky stayed exactly the same as I was used to and looked very out of place. We were on the island's beach next to a mildly dense forest, it was peacefully quiet here, the only sounds that could be heard were of the birds chirping and the ocean rubbing against the land. "Okay men our first objective is to find the boat." I said before looking directly towards the explorers small yacht that appeared to be at least 100 meters away from our position. "Well that was easier than expected." I whispered to myself. I patted Rick who was still looking around on the back to get a move on.

After less than two minutes of walking we finally reached the explorers boat which was held to the land with a rope and anchor, it was a small grey yacht that looked like new, not a single sign of dirt or scratches on the outside. We slowly walked on the boat and I began unholstering my Beretta to be at the ready in case we found anything unexpected. The exterior of the boat held nothing fancy except for empty food wrappings. We then made are way inside and moved through the ship's hallway, the first room we searched was the captains deck, I checked my surroundings, which looked clear besides the ship's control ships, nothing that would help us complete the mission. "All right lets split up and check the rooms." I ordered my men, we scattered, I went over to one of the bedrooms which contained two bunk beds and a shelf, their was a 22 caliber rifle laying against one of the beds, it was still fully loaded so it was not important, I checked everywhere and found nothing. I left the room and yelled "CLEAR!" and after a few seconds my teammates also finished searching the rooms. "You guys found anything?" I asked.

"No sir, we didn't find a single damn thing." Charles said sadly.

We moved out towards the deck, "So what do we do now sir?" asked Luther as he scanned the forest with his binoculars. "We have nothing to help us find the explorers camp or the explorers for that matter, the chance of us finding that camp is very slim and we'll probably run out of supplies by the time we get there too." Luther is our rifleman and communications officer, the highest ranked member of my squad, a sergeant and my most skilled squad-mate.

"Don't lose hope now, I saw a river nearby from the outside of our heli." I said pointing in it's direction "if the explorers were smart they would move along the water to not run out of it." I said stepping down the yachts staircase. "So if you don't want to stay on this rock for a while I say we get a move on."

It was a long walk but we had made it to the river, it sparkled in the sun and was clear enough to see to the bottom. I looked into it, nothing laid there except for dirt and a few fishes swimming around, but when having a closer look at them they seemed to be some sort of trout, which was strange, I hadn't expected their to be species of animals like back home residing here. We also had found some deer roaming around the forest which made me feel a bit relieved, knowing that we still had some food if we ever ran out.

"Do you guys see that light over there." Rick said pointing towards the forest, as I took a closer look I could see a strange glow coming from around that area.

"Alright let's go check it, but don't get too excited." I said as we made are way towards the light. But it wasn't what I was expecting, the light came from butterflies, all of them glowed in a variety of bright colors. "If we came here for sightseeing then I would be a lot more intrigued than I am now, but since I don't want to be here all day lets get a move on."

We continued our trek down the river until I saw something out of place in the distance, it was the campsite. "Alright guys looks like you get to go home early today."

As we arrived at the camp we found out that it was completely destroyed, I had a very bad feeling about this. "Lets have a look around here." We scattered around the camp, their was four tents which looked to have been either torn apart torn apart or crushed, with the remains of a campfire in the center. I looked inside one of the tents, I had met a frightening sight, their were stains of dry blood everywhere. I signaled the others to see for themselves and took a look into the other tents, they also had markings of blood. "Well looks like the objective was completed, though not as expected, so I'm going to report to command just in time for sunset." I pulled out my radio and contacted command. "The explorers have been found dead, and we cannot recover the bodies, we need evac" but the only answer was static. "Command do you read me?" again static, I turned to face my communications officer "Luther do you think you can fix this static."

"I might be able to sir but it cou-." Luther was then suddenly interrupted by ear piercing roar coming from behind the bushes and trees behind us.

"Weapons at the ready now!" I yelled. We all readied our rifles towards the location were the roar was heard from. I could see Rick shaking from the corner of my eye, the sound of rustling leaves could be heard and we slowly began to move back, Suddenly something leaped out from the bushes, I can only describe it as a giant lion with wings and a scorpion tail. We unleashed our lead hail onto this huge beast which began screaming in pain as it charged propelling itself toward Charles, fortunately he was able to spray a magazine of his m27 into it's stomach and jump to the side before the beast was able to land on him, it quickly turned around to face us for another attack. "Focus fire on it's head!" I yelled, It began it's final charge, it roared loudly and quickly dashed towards us, it took a large amount of shots to it's head before finally going down propelling dirt and blood into the air as it did.

"What, the hell was that!" Charles yelled while breathing heavily.

"Whatever it was, It was probably what killed our explorers." I walked over to the thing, bullet holes covered it's entire body, looking at it's huge claws I cringed at the thought that it would have definitely torn us in half if it had gotten too close. After a moment to get refocused on our objective Luther began working on communicating with command. We had completed all of our objectives, We learned their cause of death and their was no way to retrieve whatever information they had recorded about this damn island. I began looking around to see if I could figure out anything else about this place before we left. Their was a tall hill that was next to the river. I took a drink from my water bottle and walked over to Rick who still looked to be in shock after the encounter. "Rick come with me to that hill over there so we can do a little reconnaissance." I ordered, he reluctantly decided to follow me.

A few minutes had passed and we were nearly up the hill. "You think command might of hid something from us?" Rick asked me as continued our trek.

"Of course they did, They sent us on an island that just decided to come into existence without showing us what the island looks like." I told him.

We had finally reached the top of the hill, the only sight was the endless amount of trees scattered around the place. "Sir are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Rick said as he pointed towards the direction that the river flowed through. I looked where he was pointing and I saw something, A large colorful town, which was strange, I hadn't expected anyone to live here, I could see movement from within it too. I quickly pulled out my binoculars and had a look at what was moving.

"Are those, horses?"


The conference room I was in was basically a bunker, bulletproof, soundproof, and blast proof walls covered the entire room. The only thing inside was a conference table and a couple of office chairs. Me and my boss were having a meeting about the military operation going on in the island now known as classified information. "You think they might have found those towns we've seen?" I asked my boss.

"If they did our orders are to silence them in anyway possible, unless they have a good reason for it." He took a sip of his tea. "Those towns may be a way to find intelligent life on that island and we can't have something turn awry from a couple of highly trained soldiers with orders to stop anything that prevents them from completing this mission." He sighed "You are dismissed Phil, we will discuss other matters later."


Lieutenant Gleaming Shield looked at the guard captain with a perplexed look "So you want me, to take a hundred guards, all the way to Trotting Greens, because Celestia THINKS something bad might happen."

"Yes those are her orders." The captain told him.

"And we can't send the elements of harmony to instead?"

"The elements are another matter Celestia has ordered the guards to go there instead with good reason."

"And what is this reason?"

"That's classified Gleaming and you know that."

"Fine"

Author's Note:

Well this is the end of the second chapter (obviously). The creation of the next chapter will be based on feedback that is either positive or allows me to improve.