• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 796 Views, 71 Comments

Bites Of The Dead - Vinyls_Account

  • ...
5
 71
 796

Memories Past

It wasn't a very nice day out, the sun was hidden by clouds, and it seemed it could rain at any moment, which it has been for the past week. The ground was wet, the rivers were overflowing, all the flowers were dying from over hydration, and everything just had a tint of grey to it. Twilight was looking out the window.

"Will the weather ever get better, Spike?" She asked

"I hope so," Spike said longingly. "All this rain has dulled my scales a little."

Twilight gave a little chuckle. "Oh Spike, your scales are fine, stop making such a fuss over nothing.”

"I’m serious Twilight, they don't have that shine anymore like they used to have," Spike frowned.

"Whatever." Twilight said as she rolled her eyes and looked back out the window. "Hey, could you go get us some tea, Spike?"

"Sure, Twilight," Spike said proudly. "It'll be right out."

He ran out of their bedroom, down the stairs, and into the kitchen, where he started to boil the water. Spike put some mint leaves in a small bowl and ground them up with a rounded block of wood, clearly worn from use. After it was to his satisfaction, he put the ground up leaves in a tea pot, and then brought out a cutting board, a knife, and an array of berries. He started chopping, and when he was about half way through, he headed frantic knocking on the front door.

"Coming!" he yelled out as he jumped off the stool he was standing on to reach the table.

When he opened the door a flash of yellow dashed above him, he turned around to see Fluttershy desperately searching the main room.

"Twilight! Twilight where are you!?" She called out with her meek voice

"She's right upstairs" Spike answered the question that was not asked to him. "I'll go get her."

"Oh, please hurry, Spike!" Fluttershy begged as Spike ran up the stairs.

Spike ran up the stairs and opened the door to Twilights room. "Hey Twilight, Fl-"

"Oh." Twilight interrupted. "The tea's done already? That's a new record for you, Spike!"

"No Twilight." Spike admitted. "The tea is not done."

"Then why are you here?" Twilight integrated.

"Because Fluttershy is downstairs waiting for you, it sounds important." Spike answered

"Well why didn't you say that before Spike?" Twilight lifted an eyebrow.

Spike sighed. "I don't know, Twilight, I'll try better next time." He rolled his eyes.

"Good!" Twilight exclaimed satisfied. "Now come on, finish the tea while I go talk to Fluttershy."

"Ye-e-es, Twilight," Spike spoke sarcastically. Twilight took no notice however, aggravating Spike slightly. He quickly dismissed those emotions remembering who he was talking to.

"What's wrong, Fluttershy?" Twilight asked just before taking the last few steps of the stairs.

"Oh it’s just terrible, Twilight!" She sounded very distraught. "Rainbow Dash is going to kill herself!"

"KILL HERSELF?!?!" Twilight yelled out. "Where is she!?"

"Everfree Forest," Fluttershy replied.

"Let's go!" Twilight said as she opened the door with her magic then ran out.

"Oooooh wait for me please." She was so quiet Twilight could not hear her. "Ooooh this is bad." She closed the door and ran off.

".... WHAT ABOUT THE TEA" Spiked screamed out in anger. "Oh my Celestia!" He cussed as he flung his arms up accidentally flipping over his cutting board spilling all the berries onto the ground. "For Luna's sake!" He cussed more as he got an old rag and started to clean up the mess he made.

Twilight and Fluttershy were running in the Everfree forest now.

"How much further Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.

"Almost there," Fluttershy answered running behind Twilight.

Soon after they came to a clearing, it had lots of grass a couple of flowers, but what was most notable was the massive tree that had fallen down right through the center of the clearing. On top of the tree was a familiar blue coated pony with the ever recognizable rainbow mane. Rainbow Dash was laying down facing away from the other two.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said with an array of emotions.

"Is that Twilight I hear, Fluttershy?" Rainbow said emotionless.

"Y... Yes." Fluttershy said meekly as she backed off a step.

Rainbow Dash paused, not moving an inch. It seemed as if not even her hair moved.

"Ra... Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said. "Are... Are you ok?"

"WHY!" Rainbow Dash screamed at the top of her lungs, jumping up on her hooves finally facing the two other ponies. "THIS WAS OUR SPOT FLUTTERSHY!" Rainbow Dash flew over to Fluttershy, their faces met. "HOW COULD YOU BRING TWILIGHT HERE!? SHE'S NOT YOU! SHE'S NOT ME! SO WHY IS SHE IN OUR SPOT, HUH!?"

"I- I don't" Fluttershy was backing off rapidly, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Stop it Rainbow!" Twilight asserted herself in between the two Ponies. "Fluttershy brought me here ‘cause of what you're about to do!" She spoke quickly.

"IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Rainbow Dash was in a complete rage now. "WHAT DO YOU CARE ANYWAY'S, HUH?! ALL YOU EVER DO IS STUDY, STUDY, THEN STUDY SOME MORE!, YOU HAVE NO TIME FOR YOUR FRIENDS EXCEPT WHEN YOU THINK YOUR GOING TO DISAPPOINT CELESTIA BY NOT GIVING HER ONE OF YOUR LETTERS! WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?! YOU WERE ASSIGNED HERE TO LEARN ABOUT FRIENDSHIP! AND YOU TOTALLY FAIL AT THAT, JUST GO BACK TO FANCY-PANCY HOME BACK AT CANTERLOT. She turned around and crossed her arms. "Do us all a favor." She mumbled under her breath.

Twilight held her ground through that onslaught of verbal abuse, but each word was like a hammer slowly driving a nail through her heart. “Is that how she really thinks of me?” she thought. “How all of them think of me?... No, Fluttershy wouldn't go to me then, she's just trying to psyche me.”

"Rainbow Dash," Twilight spoke calmly. "I know you're feeling down right now, but just talk to me, I'm sure I can help you."

"Help me?" Rainbow Dash had a fake curiosity to her voice. "Like you of all people could do that. Remember? You don't know anything about friendship!"

"Even if I don't know how to be a friend," Twilight flinched at saying that. "I at least know how to be a therapist. I can help you."

Rainbow Dash froze for a moment except for her wings, almost as if they just sucked all the power she had to move anything else.

"I don't need therapy." She finally said, then flew back to the fallen tree, and laid back down. "I just need to die."

Twilight wasn't affected by that statement; she prepared herself for that beforehand. "Why do you want to die Rainbow?" she asked. "That would hurt any of us more than what you’re going through right now." Twilight covered her mouth with her hoof. “Crap, crap, crap!” she thought. “I should not have said that.”

Rainbow Dash stood up on the log, the full force of her anger was now bursting at Twilight. "MORE THAN I'M GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW?! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH! MY PARENTS ARE DEAD, AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THAT SOMEONE ELSE CAN FEEL WORSE THAN I DO RIGHT NOW!"

They stared at each other for a little bit, Twilight had fear on her face now from the explosion happening in front of her.

"Wow." Rainbow Dash laughed. "I knew you were bad at friendship, but this is saying something." She went back to lying down. "Just do us both a favor, and leave me alone."

"Your parents are dead?" Twilight asked. "How did that happen?"

"Flying accident," Rainbow Dash spoke quickly.

"But, why do you need to die? You barely even knew your parents. Remember, they abandoned you after you got expelled from flight school." Twilight asked confused.

"Yeah, for protecting Fluttershy." Rainbow's voice had a bit of shakiness to it.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that you are overreacting. Why do you need to follow them? Why do you need to be with them now of all times?" Twilight had a light voice.

Rainbow Dash didn't say anything; she just laid there, silently.

"Rainbow, are you ok?" Twilight asked.

Rainbow mumbled something nearly inaudible under her voice.

"What?" Twilight blurted out.

"Because I need to know," Rainbow Dash raised her voice just enough for Twilight to hear, but she also heard the tears she was hiding by facing away from her and Fluttershy.

"Know... What?" Twilight was almost scared to ask.

"Know... Know if they were ever proud of me... Ever since I could fly all they've ever done was train me until I was old enough for flight school, They wouldn't let me get a job, They wouldn't let me hang out with friends, just every day, train, train, train, train, train some more, then go to sleep, wake up at the crack of dawn and go back to training. They wanted me to join the Wonderbolts, not for me, but so they could be famous in some way. I didn't care though. All I ever wanted to do was make them proud..." Her voice was cracking from the tears. "And I failed at doing that. The only reason I've made it my life goal to join the Wonderbolts is so that my parents will accept me again."

"Why?" Twilight asked cockily.

"What do you mean why?" Twilight’s comment made Rainbow Dash angrier.

"Why are you still caring about them? They abandoned you, so forget about them." Twilight hated how she had to be so mean.

Rainbow Dash turned her head, revealing all the tears she had bean releasing. "I can't forget about family!" She said with a raised voice.

"Then why are you forgetting about us then? About Fluttershy, Apple Jack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and I." Twilight stopped for a moment to see how Rainbow Dash would react.

"Wh- What are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash asked weakly.

Twilight Started to slowly walk towards Rainbow. "We have been there for you, whenever you felt bad, whenever you felt good, whenever you needed help, whenever you could do it by yourself. When you ever needed to talk, we were there. When you needed to simply be with someone, WE were there. When you needed comforting, WE were there. Whenever you needed ANYTHING, WE WERE THERE!" Twilight was Right in front of the tree, and below Rainbow Dash, staring her right in the eyes. "RAINBOW DASH, WE WERE THERE, FOR YOU!" She stopped for a moment staring at Rainbow Dash. "Why would you leave the people who love you, for the people that used you? We are your family now Rainbow Dash. You are my sister, I love you... We all love you!

Rainbow Dash stared at Twilight with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. "I...I- I," She fumbled. She had never heard anything like that before, not even from her parents. "I." She said again. Tears were swelling in her eyes. She couldn't look away from Twilight, who just stood the smiling. Finally Rainbow Dash could no longer take it, her tear glands burst, she jumped off the tree and tackled Twilight to the ground, hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry!" She said brokenly through her tears

"Its ok, Rainbow Dash" Twilight said lovingly. She then waved at Fluttershy to come over and join them.

Fluttershy walked over, put her hoof on the sobbing sky blue pony, and said. "Don't forget about me, I'm part of this family too."

Rainbow Dash grabbed Fluttershy and put her under herself, beside Twilight. Hugging them both tightly, she cried.

A flock of birds called out above them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash was lying behind a fallen tree, head hung low, Twilight Sparkle was standing behind her with a warm smile on her face.

"Don't you remember that time?" Twilight asked.

"...Yeah." Rainbow Dash simply said.

They stood there in silence for a long time, neither of them moving. Twilight wondered, hoped if Rainbow Dash would have a good reaction. Finally Rainbow Dash stood up.

"You cared for Fluttershy just as much as I did..." Rainbow said. "... She was your sister too..."

Twilight stood in silence. Rainbow Dash turned around, stared at Twilight and lifted her hoof.

"You're right," Rainbow said. "You can't hate me, and I can't hate you, no one can hate family. Sister?"

Twilight replied with a smile. "Sister," she said, as she pushed away the raised hoof for a hug.

"All right," Rainbow Dash blushed. "That's enough."

"Sorry." Twilight said as she broke the hug. "Now let's go, we shou-"

Suddenly a weak voice came from the edge of the clearing "Help... Me." It said. Twilight and Rainbow Dash simultaneously turned their heads to the voice, there they saw a yellow filly with a red mane, and a ripped bow tie.

"Apple Bloom!" Rainbow Dash called out as she sped over with her wings.

"How bad is she?" Twilight asked running soon after Rainbow Dash.

"Not good." Rainbow admitted. "She's got a bite mark."

"Oh no," Twilight said in horror.

In the distance Apple Jack's voice rang in the distance. "RAINBOW DASH, WHERE ARE YOU!" Twilight and Rainbow Dash stared at each other as if looking for answers; finally Twilight knew what to do.

"I FOUND HER APPLE JACK!" She called out. "COME OVER HERE!"

"What are you doing!" Rainbow asked with an angered tone. "Do you want her to see this?"

"Apple Bloom's about to die, she needs Apple Jack by her side right now, just like how I was by yours." Twilight pointed out

Rainbow Dash swung her head downwards, realizing she was right, she flew over to a nearby tree and rested against it, eyes closed.

Apple Jack ran into the clearing. "You found her Twilight?." She looked in search for Rainbow Dash, seeing her by the tree she gave a sigh of relief. "Oh good, but we need to get out of here, there's a bunch of 'em.."

"We can't," Twilight interrupted.

"Why not?" Apple Jack looked in confusion.

Twilight looked over to the dying filly. "That's why." She said.

Apple Jack looked over and took a couple of steps back in fear. "A… Apple Bloom?" She said.

Rainbow Dash had her eyes still closed to the pain on her face, Twilight looked away in shame. Apple Jack stared in utter disbelief.

Silence.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, long chapter this time, oh well. SHOUT OUTS!!!!

Thank you to: Skylar Dawn, and Rainbow_Dashie for faving this!

Special thanks to: Rainbow_Dashie, and AceSparkleGirl for watching me!

Super ultra mega special thanks to SpikeThePony of Funny Junk for proof reading this! (You all should be jealous of him, he gets to read the new chapters before you!)

And last but not least, thank you to Deathscar for giving me the idea for Rainbow Dash's troubles in the flashback. Check him out, he has really great stuff!