• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 2,993 Views, 24 Comments

They're a little quirky, but overall nice - Questionable Brony



Sunset introduces the gang to some friends she made at her part time job. They're kinda dead though.

  • ...
11
 24
 2,993

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Yes, I'm a FNAF fan, sue me. Never beat even one of the games. Watched others beat it.
The story is mostly based around Matpat's theories [The Game Theorists/ YouTube]. I disagree with a few thinks of his theories, though, but I digress. Let's get going already.

Rainbow looked up from behind the curtains in pirate's cove, as finally the manager of the place finally left the child restaurant. Rainbow Dash waited a little more, until she could hear the main doors closed throughout the empty hallways.

"Hehe, thanks for letting me stay here." She petted the apparently broken Foxy animatronic on the shoulder, before jumping off the small stage. Dusting off her skirt, she took out her phone and used the video call function. A couple of seconds later, her old friend Gilda picked up.

"Hey G, guess where I am?" Rainbow swung the camera around.

"Haha, holy shit Dash, I didn't thing you'd actually do it."

"Hehe, I hope you already got your paycheck, 'cause I'm gonna be real hungry tomorrow."

"Really?" Gilda raised an eyebrow. "I thought you'd stuff yourself with the pizzas they have in the kitchen."

"Oh please, that'll be just the appetizer." Rainbow laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. How should I know, you don't just get out and go home?" Gilda asked.

"Hello? My home is like on the other side of the town and it's storming outside. I was lucky to get a bus that was still driving, ya know?"

"Okay, okay, I get it. You're stuck. Jeez, no need to rub it in more than necessary." Gilda mumbled. "I hope you have fun making new friends."

"Who, these guys?" Rainbow swung the camera over to the inactive animatronics. "They aren't even moving an inch. I was hiding in that place where the Fox is and he didn't react in any way. Just a bunch of rumors going wild."

"Ah, too bad. Anyways, I still need to hit the shower before I hit the sack. See you on the flip side, dweep."

"Yeah, yeah, you too bird brain." Rainbow Dash hung up and put her phone into her pocket. "Now where is the bathroom."

Unknown to her, the three animatronics on the main stage glared after her. The only reason they didn't move was because of the programming of their bodies.


Sunset Shimmer came out of the kitchen, a soda in one hand and a self made salad in the other hand. Seriously, the owner was a very lenient person, especially to her. She was the longest night guard since the infamous bite of 1987. Since it the insurance agency wouldn't cover Fazbear Entertainment in case something happens, unless they had a day and night guard, Sunset had a lot of freedom with her job. She could do her homework here, read a book, the only thing she needed to do was to check the cameras every once in a while. Of course there was always a catch...

"Sup guys." Sunset greeted the animatronics. "I need to get to my office real quick and make a call to the manager. I'll be right- hey, what's up with you guys? Did the kids try to take you apart again today?" Sunset knew she couldn't expect any kind of answer right now.

"Anyways, I'll be back soon. Just need to make a quick call and then I come back and we can talk about whatever is bothering you." Sunset walked down the hallway, leaving the animatronics alone. Sadly the only parts they could operate outside of their free roaming mode time was their faces. And then again, the only thing they could say were things pre-recorded in their voice boxes.

Sunset in the meantime, placed her stuff on the small table inside the office. She grabbed the old phone and started dialing the number of her manager. It rang a few times, until the manager finally picked up. "What is it Sunset? I'm driving."

"There's an old animatronic suit in the kitchen." she informed the manager.

"A suit in the kitchen? What the hell would it be doing there?!"

"I don't know, I just found it there." Sunset replied.

"Alright, what kind of suit is it?"

"It looks like Freddy, but it's golden instead of brown."

There was a pause on the line.

"Golden you say?" the man asked.

"Yup. What should I do about it?"

"N-nothing." the manager sounded nervous. "I-I'll have the staff bring i-it back into the basement. I-It's actually a very old suit, used b-back before 87."

"Alright?" Sunset knew better than to push the subject of 87. The manager tried to avoid this topic and when pushed, he could get really mad.

"Well, that's all I wanted to say. Good night, sir."

"'N-night, Shimmer."

*BOOP* *BOOP* *BOOP*

Sunset sighed, placing the phone back. Out of habit, she activated the tablet and checked the cameras, while she was on "unlimited" power for the house.

"They still didn't fix the kitchen camera?" she grumbled, switching to the restrooms. She was about to put the thing down, when she noticed a shadow coming out of the girl's room. At first she thought it was Freddy, trying to get her to jump again, but then she noticed the clock on the tablet and it stated: 23:48.

"A visitor?" Sunset asked. "So that's why they're so mad. Probably some thug, trying to steal some money. Not on my watch, buddy. Or girly, I guess."

Putting the tablet aside, Sunset sprinted down the hallway, giving Foxy a run for his money, and approached the stage area.

"I saw his or her shadow on the cameras. That's why you're so mad, aren't you? Smile if I'm right."

They smiled and Sunset smiled back.

"Let's show them what we do to thieves in our restaurant. Okay, listen.-"


Rainbow Dash got out of the bathroom, finally. The problem she had had, was that the only light source had been the light from the hallway. The switch inside the restroom was not working at all.

Glad that this was over, she wandered back to the main area, sitting down at one of the tables and looking at the animatronics.

"And kids come here to watch these guys? Jeez."

Making it herself comfortable, she placed her feet on the table, only for her to fall of the chair, when she heard the ringing of a phone coming through the speakers on stage. Groaning, Rainbow Dash stood up, glaring the speakers, until there was a pickup sound.

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you, to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?"

"What the hell is that?" Rainbow wondered aloud.

"Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."

"Wait, what?!"

"Blah blah blah..."

"Yeah, right. Are you freaking kidding me?! Even I can tell that that's just totally wrong!"

"Now, that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No."

"Quirky?" Rainbow glanced up to the animatronics.

"If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay."

"Respect, huh? I think I know what I'm going to wear next Halloween."

"So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit."

"Wander?! What do you mean wander?!?!"

"Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?"

Rainbow Dash gulped. She was far from being an expert, but she knew the frontal lobe was part of the brain. At least it sounded like it would belong to a brain.

"Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person."

"That means what exactly?"

"They'll most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit."

"Wait, that's it?"

"Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort...and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask, heh."

Rainbow's face turned completely green.

"Y-Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night."

The "phone call" ended. Rainbow Dash didn't care as to why there was a phone call coming out of the speakers of the stage area, she just knew one thing. She needed to get the hell out of this so called restaurant. She was about to make a mad dash into the storm, when she noticed that there were only two animatronics on the stage left. The bunny thing was gone.