• Published 24th Oct 2015
  • 1,794 Views, 28 Comments

Mobians and Equestria Girls 3: Fate of the Dimensions - DarkMaster0224



Following the events of M&EG 2: A Dark threat from the Nightmare Dimension has come to threat the universe of the Mobians and Equestria Girls. Can our heroes unite against this enemy? Or will this be the end of their line?

  • ...
10
 28
 1,794

Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The Nightmares Rise and Return
(Ponyville Hospital)
(Group POV)

Sonic groaned and shook his head, “Uhg. What a weird dream. I had dreamt I had been turned into a pony. Heh. That would have been weird if it was true.” Then his eyes widened when he saw everyone else. Or rather, everypony else.

All the heroes had indeed been turned into some kind of pony.

“Uuuuuh.” Was all Sonic was able to peep out.

Shadow held up a mirror and showed Sonic his own pony form.

“AHHHH!” Sonic yelled, “I’m a freaking pony! It was scary enough being a human, but a horse! AHHH! This can’t get any worse!”

“Uhg. Twilight! Please make him shut up!” Sonic heard a familiar voice groan.

“Rainbow Dash?” Sonic asked sitting up.

He saw each of the girls, except he saw two of each of them, minus Sunset Shimmer and Twilight.

One group of six was sitting, while the other was standing or hovering.

“Uhh. Is it just me, or is there two of each of the girls?” Sonic said blinking fast, then rubbing his eyes.

“Nope. There’s two of each of them.” Twilight said, “Welcome to Equestria.”

“I’m the Rainbow Dash you know, Sonic.” The Rainbow Dash who was sitting said. She got up, but had a hard time walking forward, then she stumbled forward and landed on her face.

The Rainbow Dash who was flying began to laugh at her doppelganger, “BWAHAHAHAHA! You can’t even walk right? What do you do where you come from?”

Rainbow groaned and glared at the flying pegasus, “Where I come from, we walk on two legs. And we don’t have wings.”

“Still, watching myself fall on her face is so funny.” Rainbow Dash laughed.

Rainbow had enough. She got up and leapt at the pegasus, tackling her down, “Well why don’t you try going from walking on four legs and flying, to walking on only two legs!”

“Gah! Hey get off me!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Rainbow! Stop fighting!” Twilight said.

“She started it!” The two Rainbows said together.

“Uhg. This is not going to be easy is it?” Sonic said.

Twilight shook her head.

Sonic sighed and began walking over to the two, “Alright girls. Break it up already. There is no point in… WHOA!” He was suddenly pulled into the fight, “AH! Ow! No stop that! Ow that was my tail! Help!”

While the speed demons were fighting, the human Fluttershy felt something moving around in her mane, “Huh?” She reached in and pulled out Angel.

The other Fluttershy saw Angel and gasped, “What are you doing here Angel?”

“You know my bunny’s name?” Human Fluttershy asked.

“Your bunny?” Fluttershy said. Suddenly she felt a tapping in her mane. She reached in and pulled out her Angel bunny, “Angel?”

The two rabbits saw each other and went wide eyed. They hopped over to each other, and looked at the other in perfect sync.

“Oh my. This is going to be confusing.” Human Fluttershy said looking at the two Angels.

“I’m sure it won’t be that hard to tell the difference.” Ace said flying over to the two Fluttershys. However, he didn’t know which one was his girlfriend, “Um. Which one is who?”

“I’m the one you’re looking for, Ace.” Human Fluttershy said walking over to her boyfriend/coltfriend.

Ace smiled and nuzzled his girlfriend. Then he looked at the other Fluttershy, “Hi. My name’s Ace. You must be the Fluttershy that lives in this world.”

However, Fluttershy, being herself, hid behind her mane and only nodded slightly.

“Heh. Funny, she’s just like what you were like when I first met you, Fluttershy.” Ace said, causing his girlfriend’s face to blush.

Rarity was sewing a purple scarf with her cutie mark design on it, using her magic to carefully weave the needle through the fabric.

“Oh why hello there.” Human Rarity said walking over to her doppelganger.

Rarity gasped and accidentally pulled too hard on her thread, breaking it.

Human Rarity gasped, “Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you, darling.”

“Oh no no. It’s quite alright. Nothing I can’t fix up.” Rarity said. She used her magic to lift her saddle bag over to her. Then she levitated another thread out of it, and then into the needle.

“Is that a scarf you are making?” Human Rarity asked, looking at the scarf.

“Yes it is. Do you like it?” Rarity asked showing the scarf.

“Yes it’s quite lovely. It even looks like the one I just finished.” Human Rarity said, “I do believe I brought it with me. Silvy darling! Could you come over here please?”

When Rarity saw Silver, her magic stopped, causing her scarf to drop, and she stared at the stallion standing in front of her.

“What is it you needed, Rarity?” Silver asked.

“Could you check and see if that scarf I made is in my bag?” Human Rarity asked.

“Sure.” Silver said. He used his horn and lifted Rarity’s bag from the pile of stuff that was brought with them, and then levitated it over to him. Then he put the bag down and opened it. He then pulled out a purple scarf with the three silver diamonds designs, “You mean this one?”

Rarity’s mouth hit the floor, “That’s the exact same design that I was going to use. But it’s not easy for me to do.”

“Well then here, darling.” Human Rarity said handing the other unicorn the purple scarf, “Take this one.”

“Oh no no no. I can’t possibly. You must have spent a long time on that.” Rarity said pushing the scarf back.

“Actually it only took me three days.” Human Rarity said, “I insist deary, take this one, and I’ll take the one you are working.”

“Are you sure, darling?” Rarity asked taking the completed scarf, and giving up the incomplete one to her human counterpart.

“Absolutely. I give this to you, as a generous gift and a sign of friendship.” Human Rarity said taking the scarf.

“Thank you, darling.” Rarity said putting the scarf on, “Oooh. It’s so soft, and cozy.”

“I’m glad you like it.” Human Rarity said.

“Rarity makes the best clothes ever.” Silver said.

“Thank you.” Both Rarity’s said.

Silver blinked, “Oh. Right.”

While all the heroes mingled with their doppelgangers, Twilight smiled at them all.

“It’s good to see all my friends, are friends together.” Twilight said.

Suddenly Spike burst into the room, “Twilight! *huff* Urgent *huff* message *huff* from *huff* the princess.” He handed a scroll to Twilight.

Twilight opened it and began to read it, and then she gasped. She put the scroll away and looked at everyone, “Sorry everypony, but we need to cut this meet and greet early, and head for Canterlot Castle. Princess Celestia needs us right away.”

The other Mane Six nodded and ran out of the room, while the human mane six stayed.

“What about us Twilight?” Sonic asked.

“Um… Just come with us.” Twilight said, running out the door.

They all got up and ran after Twilight.

(Canterlot Castle)

The Mane Six burst into the throne room and saw Celestia looking out a window, with sadness and worry in her eyes.

“Princess Celestia, we came as fast as we could. What is the problem?” Twilight asked the sun princess.

“It’s Luna.” Celestia said, “She’s gone missing.”

The girls gasped.

“What do you mean gone missing?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I was going to check up on her earlier this afternoon. But when I opened her bedroom door, her room was wrecked. And a giant hole was in the wall.” Celestia said, “Somepony, with great power, has taken Luna.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, “Oh no. It can’t be. She didn’t.”

The others looked at Twilight with confusion.

“Care to share, darling?” Rarity asked.

“While I was in the other world the portal leads to, my friends and I had to face a strong enemy, one of our toughest. But when we weakened her, we thought she was defeated. She tricked us into bringing her into Equestria. And now she is somewhere, probably with Luna.” Twilight explained.

“But why would she want my sister?” Celestia asked.

“She probably intends to turn her into another Nightmare Moon.” Someone said.

The others turned and saw the human mane seven and the mobians standing in the doorway.

Celestia’s widened when she saw two of each of the mane six. And then she saw Sunset, who was trying to hide behind Dark.

“Ok first off, why are there two of you each?” Celestia asked.

“These are my friends from the other world. They were originally humans, but they followed me into the portal, and now they are equines.” Twilight explained.

Celestia nodded, and then she looked back at Sunset, “Sunset Shimmer?”

Dark noticed Sunset hiding behind him, and stepped out of the way.

Sunset looked at Celestia with fear in her eyes.

Celestia walked over to Sunset, eyes staying locked onto her.

Sunset closed her eyes, preparing for her punishment. However, it never came, instead, she felt Celestia hugging her.

“Oh my old student, it’s good to see you again.” Celestia said.

Sunset was shocked, “Y-You’re not mad at me?”

Celestia stood back up, “Oh I never said I wasn’t disappointed in you, but clearly you’ve changed. You’ve managed to make close friends, and an even closer friend.” She said looking at Dark.

Sunset blushed slightly, “Thank you, Princess.”

Celestia turned back to Twilight, “So who is this enemy of yours?”

“Lilac Steele, or rather Nightmare Lilac.” Twilight said, “She was the sister of Dark. But she was captured and turned into the Nightmare Queen. She possesses the same powers and abilities as Nightmare Moon, but more powerful. She is planning to send Equestria into eternal darkness, unless we can stop her.”

“The only problem is that we don’t know where she is.” Sunset said.

“If we don’t find and stop her, then Equestria will be plunged into darkness, forever.” Celestia said.

“Indeed it will be. However, it has already begun.” A voice boomed over everyone.

Suddenly a blue mist flew into the room.

“Oh no.” Twilight said.

The mist solidified and turned into Nightmare Moon.

“Luna?” Celestia said looking at Nightmare Moon.

“Is gone once again.” Nightmare Moon sneered.

Then a smaller unicorn mare appeared next to her.

Her mane and tail were a striped pattern of blue and pure white; her coat was dark blue; she wore a silver leg ring with a dark blue gem on each of her legs; her eyes were dark blue dragon daggers; and her cutie mark was a white and blue flower.

“Nightmare Lilac.” Dark said looking at the unicorn.

“Wrong. I am Dark Galaxy Lilac now.” Galaxy Lilac said, “Dark form of the Guardian of the Night, and bringer of Nightmares and Darkness.”

“You will all fear us. And submit to the eternal night, or perish!” Nightmare Moon said.

“Luna! Stop this at once!” Celestia said charging her magic and shooting a beam at Nightmare Moon.

However, the beam was stopped by another beam, shot by Galaxy Lilac, “Uh uh. Not today, Princess.”

Celestia gasped and went to shoot another beam, but she was stopped when Galaxy Lilac shot her own beam at the sun princess, knocking her down, “AHHH!”

“Celestia!” The Mane Six yelled running over to their fallen princess.

Galaxy Lilac smirked as she watched the mares run over to the princess, “Just what I wanted you to do.” She charged her magic and shot seven spells at the girls.

Each of the spells hit one of the girls, sealing them in a bubble.

“Hey? What gives?” Rainbow Dash said trying to smash the bubble from inside.

The spell however, missed Twilight.

Galaxy Lilac shot three more at the alicorn.

Celestia saw the spells heading towards Twilight, “Twilight, you are the only one out of us who knows this enemy.” She charged what little magic she had, “Save Equestria. Seek out the old hermit in the Castle of the Sisters.”

Suddenly Twilight, the Mobians, and Equestria Girls all were teleported away.

“NO!” Nightmare Moon shouted, then she looked at Celestia, “Where did you send them!”

Celestia smirked, “You’ll never know.” And then she fell unconscious.

Nightmare Moon charged her horn and aimed at the celestial princess, but Galaxy Lilac stopped her, “She’s more useful alive to us.”

Nightmare Moon growled, “Fine.”

Galaxy Lilac looked at the five mares she had managed to capture, and smirked evilly, “I have plans for you five. But they’ll have to wait.” She then used a spell and they all disappeared.

(Heroes POV)

The heroes all appeared in the Castle of Friendship.

“Whoa.” Rainbow said, her eyes spinning, “And I thought Chaos Control was weird.”

“Wheehehehe!” Pinkie said spinning around.

Twilight shook her head, then she gasped. She ran to a window and looked towards Canterlot. A giant bubble shield appeared around the castle.

“Oh no. My friends and Princess Celestia.” Twilight said.

The others saw the shield.

Dark growled, “This is once again, my fault. Nightmare Lilac would never have gotten into Equestria if I hadn't been so gullible.”

Twilight turned, "No, we were all fooled by her. It's not anypony's fault."

“Didn’t Celestia say something about finding, ‘the old hermit’ in the Castle of the Sisters?” Silver said.

“Yes… Yes she did! C’mon everypony! To the Everfree Forest!” Twilight said running down the halls towards the doors.

Except when the heroes opened the door, they gasped in horror.

The Castle was floating high above the ground.

“Whoa. Um… Who put the castle in the sky?” Sonic asked.

“I did.” A female voice said.

Suddenly a light pink-purple unicorn was seen flying, except she was floating vie magic. Her eyes were persian blue. Her mane and tail were Moderate and light purple with pale light, grayish highlights. Her cutie mark was two purple and white stars with two two-toned blue glimmering streams. And her body was surrounded by a light turquoise magic aura.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle.” Starlight Glimmer smirked.

“Starlight? What are you doing?” Twilight asked.

“Oh nothing, except trying to slow you down!” Starlight yelled firing a beam at the heroes.

Twilight quickly raised a shield and blocked the beam, “Why are you doing this, Starlight?”

“For Nightmare Lilac, and Nightmare Moon. The real rulers of Equestria.” Starlight said, her eyes flashed from normal, to dark blue dragon daggers, “They will make this land, EQUAL!” She shot more beams.

Twilight gasped, “She’s been corrupted by Nightmare Toxin.”

Starlight continued to shoot beams at the shield, causing it to crack.

Twilight grunted, “I can’t hold it for much longer.”

“How can she possibly have so much magic?” Sunset asked.

“I don’t know exactly, all I do know, is that she has high amount of magic. Possibly stronger than even mine.” Twilight said, “We had managed turn her good, but now I don’t think I will be able to.”

The shield began to crack even more, and parts of it began to fall apart.

Starlight charged one more beam, and shot it at the shield.

The shield shattered, and Twilight was pushed backwards, “Gah!”

“Twilight!” Tails said, helping the alicorn up.

Starlight laughed, “I know what I must do to stop you from ruining the perfect world!” Her horn began to glow blood red, “I will annihilate you all!”

Twilight tried to raise a barrier, but she was too weakened to do it.

“Goodbye, Twilight Sparkle.” Starlight said. She fire the large beam at the heroes.

They all closed their eyes, waiting for the blow, but it never came.

They all heard grunting.

A red-orange barrier was around them all.

“Good job, Twilight.” Tails said.

“But, it isn’t me.” Twilight said.

Everyone turned towards the source of the grunts and gasped.

Sunset Shimmer’s horn was sparking with magic energy, as she produced the magical barrier.

“What!? Impossible!” Starlight said.

“Just like Twilight, I was Princess Celestia’s pupil once.” Sunset groaned, “I may have abandoned my studies with her, but I still remember what she had taught me.”

Starlight growled and fired more beams at the shield, but they made no affect.

The others just stood there, gawked at Sunset.

Sunset continued to cast the spell, “Well don’t just stand there, help me out with her!”

They all shook their heads and looked at Starlight.

Shadow thought for a second then her aimed his horn at Starlight, “Chaos Spear!” His horn glowed red, and produced three green spears, “Alright.” The spears shot towards Starlight.

Starlight scoffed and dodged the spears, “Pathetic.”

Shadow groaned, “This isn’t easy. I’m used to being able to do all this with my hands, but now I have to do it with a horn sticking out of my head!”

Silver looked at a rock he saw and focused on it. His horn glowed cyan.

The rock glowed cyan and began to shake.

Silver began to lift the rock up, then he hurled it towards Starlight from behind her.

Starlight only smirked and used a teleportation spell.

Silver’s eyes widened as the rock came at them and smashed into Sunset’s shield.

Sunset winced in pain as the rock smashed into her shield, “Gah! Silver! Watch where you throw things!”

“Sorry, Sunset.” Silver said.

Starlight appeared in mid air, “I’m through with you and your friends, Twilight! Time to end this.” Her horn glowed brightly.

The entire castle began to shake violently.

“Uh, guys? What’s going on?” Ace said.

Parts of the castle began to crumble and fall to the ground.

Twilight gasped, “She’s gonna drop the castle! We have to get off!”

But before the heroes could jump off, or cast a spell, they were frozen in an ice cube.

“You’re not going anywhere!” Starlight said, “Goodbye!”

The castle stopped floating and began to plummet back to the ground.

When it hit the ground, it collapsed in on itself and the heroes were buried under the rubble.

Suddenly Nightmare Lilac’s voice spoke in Starlight’s head, “You have served your purpose. I have no further use of you.”

Starlight’s eyes widened and she grabbed her head, “Gah!” Then her eyes changed back to normal, “W-What happened? I remember being captured and then being told to…” Then she saw the remains of the castle and gasped, “Oh no! What have I done!”

She flew down to the rubble and instantly began removing rubble.

Starlight was in tears now, “If you didn’t survive that, then I’ll never be able to forgive myself.” She tried to lift a larger rock, but her magic was exhausted.

Suddenly the rubble began to shake.

“Huh?” Starlight said backing away.

A bunch of the rubble smashed to bits as Knuckles smashed through it.

Starlight yelped and fell back on her flank.

Knuckles helped the others out of the rubble, one by one each of the heroes were ok.

When they saw Starlight, they glared and prepared to attack her.

“W-Wait. Please don’t. I was under the control of Nightmare Lilac. I could control myself.” Starlight said.

“Likely story. Knowing Nightmare Lilac, she’s making you say this to trick us.” Sonic said.

“No wait, she’s not lying.” Dark said, “All the dark energy has disappeared from within her.”

The others backed down.

Twilight turned and looked at the remains of her castle.

Starlight walked up to the princess, “I am so sorry for what I had done.”

In the rubble, Twilight saw the roots of the Golden Oak Library, “It wasn’t your fault. Nightmare Lilac will pay for what she has done! To my friends and family!”

Then she saw the map of Equestria in the center of the rubble, undamaged.

She quickly flew over to it and gasped in anger.

From where Canterlot was on the map, darkness spread outward, covering Equestria.

“Uh guys?” Silver said.

They all turned and saw what he was seeing.

The night sky was spreading across the daylit sky.

“They’ve started it.” Twilight said, “The eternal night is here.”

The darkness continued to spread over Equestria, until everywhere was night.

Author's Note:

Darkmaster0224: And that’s a chapter. So, Nightmare Lilac had captured Luna and turned her back into Nightmare Moon. The two then captured the five of the Mane Six, and Princess Celestia. Nightmare Lilac then used Starlight Glimmer and had her destroy the Castle of Friendship, in order to try and stop the heroes. And now the night has spread across the land of Equestria. Can the heroes save Equestria? Or is the land destined to stay in eternal darkness? Find out next time. Until then, PEACEOUT! Darkmaster0224 signing off.