• Published 24th Oct 2015
  • 1,788 Views, 28 Comments

Mobians and Equestria Girls 3: Fate of the Dimensions - DarkMaster0224



Following the events of M&EG 2: A Dark threat from the Nightmare Dimension has come to threat the universe of the Mobians and Equestria Girls. Can our heroes unite against this enemy? Or will this be the end of their line?

  • ...
10
 28
 1,788

Chapter 8

Chapter 8
The Next Portals
(Heroes’ POV)
(Sweet Apple Acres)

The heroes cheered loudly.

“We did it!” Sonic cheered.

“Aw yeah we did!” Rainbow cheered.

“That should slow down the portal production, however only by a small bit.” Lightning said.

“PARTY TIME!” Pinkie said pulling out two party cannons.

However, before she could pull the strings, Nightmare Moon placed her hand on Pinkie’s shoulder, “Now is not the time to celebrate. There are still five more portals. More than enough to cover the world in eternal darkness.”

Pinkie’s hair deflated, “Aww.” She began to roll the party cannons away, slowly.

Nightmare Moon watched the pink girl walk away slowly, then she sighed, “Ok, I suppose we can celebrate a little.”

“YAY!” Pinkie shouted, pulling the party cannon strings.

The cannons exploded and sent party supplies everywhere.

Pinkie then jumped into the dj booth and placed a disc in it, “LET’S PARTY!”

(Play Everybody Talks - Neon Trees)

Hey, baby, won't you look my way?
I can be your new addiction
Hey, baby, what you gotta say?
All you're giving me is fiction

Everyone began dancing to the music.

“Not bad of a choice.” Sonic said.

“Eh, I could have thought of better.” Rainbow said.

Sonic laughed.

I'm a sorry sucker and this happens all the time
I found out that everybody talks
Everybody talks, everybody talks

Nightmare Moon went over to a dark corner and leaned on the wall, as everyone else danced and enjoyed the party.

Pinkie saw Nightmare Moon and bounced over to her, “Aren’t you going to join in?”

“I don’t do parties.” Nightmare Moon said.

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun.” Pinkie said pulling Nightmare Moon into the middle of the dance floor.

“N-No. It’s fine. I’m sure no one wants me to…” She began.

“Hey everyone! Nightmare Moon’s going to dance for us!” Pinkie shouted.

Everyone stopped dancing and looked at the Nightmare Princess.

Nightmare Moon’s eyes widened, “But I don’t even know how to dance.”

“Then follow our lead.” Sonic said as he and Rainbow stood on opposite sides of Nightmare Moon.

It started with a whisper
And that was when I kissed her
And then she made my lips hurt
I can hear the chitchat
Take me to your love shack
Mamas always gotta backtrack
When everybody talks back

Sonic and Rainbow began to dance in sync, starting with simple turns, drops, and foot movement.

Nightmare Moon began to dance along, following Sonic and Rainbow.

“There you go. Now you’re getting the hang of it.” Sonic said.

“You just gotta move to the beat of the music.” Rainbow said.

“Perhaps this isn’t so bad after all.” Nightmare Moon said as she danced.

Hey honey you could be my drug
You could be my new prescription
Too much could be an overdose
All this trash talk make me itching

As the music continued, the other began joining in, starting a flash mob.

“Is this what you all call… fun?” Nightmare Moon asked, dancing.

“Heck yeah! This turned out better than I thought it would!” Pinkie said happily.

Nightmare Moon turned away and cracked a smile, where no one would see.

Oh my my shit
Everybody talks, everybody talks
Everybody talks too much

It started with a whisper
And that was when I kissed her
And then she made my lips hurt
I can hear the chitchat
Take me to your love shack
Mamas always gotta backtrack
When everybody talks back

Nightmare Moon started doing her own dance moves, making Sonic and Rainbow’s dance moves from their Fall Formal Dance, look like amertur dance moves.

“Whoa. She’s going all out now.” Rainbow said looking at Nightmare Moon.

Never thought I'd live to see the day
When everybody's words got in the way

Everyone then began doing their own dancing.

Hey sugar show me all your love
All you're giving me is friction
Hey sugar what you gotta say?

It started with a whisper
And that was when I kissed her
And then she made my lips hurt
I can hear the chitchat
Take me to your love shack
Mamas always gotta backtrack
When everybody talks back

Everyone stopped dancing, and watched Nightmare Moon dance.

“Wow, she’s good.” Sonic said staring at the Nightmare Princess.

Rainbow nudged him in the side of his chest, “Hey, don’t forget I’m your girlfriend.”

“Hey, I wouldn’t pick anyone over you.” Sonic said giving Rainbow a hug.

Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks... back

Suddenly Nightmare Moon began to glow brightly.

“What the?” Shadow said covering his eyes.

When the light died down, everyone gasped at Nightmare Moon.

She now had black wings, pony ears, and her hair had grown down to form a tail. But she had changed even further. Her features had become lighter in color, making her look more like Vice Principal Luna.

“Oh my stars.” Rarity said.

It started with a whisper (everybody talks, everybody talks)
And that was when I kissed her (everybody talks, everybody talks)

Everybody talks
Everybody talks... back

When the music stopped, Nightmare Moon looked back at the heroes, confused by their opened mouths, “What?” Then she noticed her voice sounded not so deep like normal.

“Um...um...um...um...um...um...um..um. You have.. You have…” Silver stuttered, pointing at Nightmare Moon’s wings and ears.

“Huh?” Nightmare Moon asked turning her head. She gasped when she saw her wings, “What is this?” Then she felt her ears, “I feel like I’m sort of in Equestria.”

The ears, wings, and tail then disappeared. However, the lighter colors did not.

“What’s up with you changing colors?” Knuckles asked.

“I have no idea.” Nightmare Moon said, looking over her new body, “But I quite like it.”

“You look like Luna.” Twilight said.

“Perhaps this is a result of me and Luna long bond when we we banished to the moon.” Nightmare Moon said.

Suddenly Lightning ran into the barn. She then saw Nightmare Moon, “Uh… What’s with the new look?”

“Nevermind that. What is it you needed?” Dark said.

“I’ve managed to pin-point the location of, not just one, but two more portals!” Lightning said pulling up her map.

Two dots flashed, however, they were on a completely different country.

“Wait, they’re not even in America?” Ace said.

“They are located in a place called Chaosville.” Lightning said pointing at the two dots.

“Ok. What kind of guards are we expecting?” Shadow said.

“As far as I can see, the only guards that are stationed at the portals are the same ones as the first. However, they are now equipped with that Titan serum Rainbow and Sonic saw last time.” Lightning said pulling up an image of a vial of the dark blue Titan serum.

“Anything else?” Shadow asked.

“Yes. I have also found out that they are developing more Nightmare Toxin in a lab nearby the portals.” Lightning said pointing a new dot, a few miles away from the portals.

“We’ll need three teams to take out each target.” Nightmare Moon said, “Knowing the Warriors, they will likely be heavily guarding that research lab. They don’t ever leave their labs unprotected.”

“Sonic, Rainbow, Shadow, and Pinkie will go to the first portal.” Lightning said, “They have the fastest and powerful strikes.”

“Alright.” Sonic said.

“Silver, Rarity, Ace, and Fluttershy will go for the second portal. They’ll have stealth and power strikes.” Lightning said.

“We’ll take care of them” Ace said.

“Dark, Sunset, Knuckles, Applejack, Tails, and Twilight will go for the research center.” Lightning said, “Try to bring me back a sample of that Nightmare Toxin. I want to research it.”

“We’ll smash that station into dust.” Knuckles said pounding his fists.

“Only one question. How are we going to get to Chaosville?” Silver asked, “It’s on the other side of the ocean.”

“I’ve got that covered.” Lightning said, “Being one of the youngest and smartest scientist in this world for years really paid off. I’ve got myself an aircraft. It was originally going to be for when I wanted to go research with my team, but this is more important.”

Everyone only blinked.

“What? Did I say something?” Lightning asked.

Everyone shook their heads.

Lightning gave the directions to her aircraft and the heroes went off, leaving Lightning and Nightmare Moon at Sweet Apple Acres.

“Well, I’m going to monitor them from here. What are you going to do?” Lightning said to Nightmare Moon.

“I’m going to rest for a little bit.” Nightmare Moon said walking towards a shadowed tree.

“Alright. I’ll let you know if anything happens.” Lightning said as the Nightmare Princess left.

Lightning went to go get her laptop, however, when she went into the next room, she was grabbed by her throat, “GACK!”

“Scream and I’ll crush your throat. Attack me, and I’ll rip out your throat.” Nightmare Lilac said squeezing Lightning’s throat tightly.

Lightning gasped for breath, but failed.

“You’re going to do a few things for me.” Nightmare Lilac said pulling out a vial of Nightmare Toxin.

Lightning’s eyes widened in horror, and then she blacked out.

(Heroes’ POV)

“This is so cool!” Twilight squealed.

Lightning’s aircraft was similar to the Blue Typhoon, but it wasn’t equipped with any defence systems.

“Ok. doesn’t any find it weird how a 17 year old girl, who isn’t even from this dimension, is, one, considered one of the smartest people on this planet. Two, owns a giant aircraft big enough to be considered a battleship. And three, runs both the Space Colony Ark stations from this and Mobius’ world?” Sonic said sitting down on a couch.

“Yeah. But still, you have to admit, it’s pretty amazing too.” Twilight said.

Rainbow leaned in to Sonic’s ear, “This is proof that she’s an egghead.”

The two chuckled.

Dark stood at the giant viewing window, looking out at the vast ocean, “Why did this have to happen? Why Lilac?”

“Hey bro. You ok?” Ace asked standing next to his brother.

Dark closed his eyes and sighed, “No I’m not ok.”

“Care to share?” Ace said.

“Ever since I had left for that war when we were younger, Lilac has had several bad things happen to her.” Dark said, “Everything that has happened to her is all because of me.” His aura began to grow.

Ace placed a hand on Dark’s shoulder, “It’ll be fixed in the end bro. Lilac will be happy once this is all over.”

Dark only scoffed, “It’ll never be fixed. Not while I am alive. I will always live with the scar of guilt.” Then he walked away.

Ace looked out the window, “Why does my brother have to suffer?”

(1 hour later)

“Hey guys. We’re arriving near Chaosville, but I can’t go any closer.” Tails said, “They’ve got anti-aircraft turrets stationed all around the area. And this ship doesn’t have any defence systems.”

Tails landed the ship a few miles away from the portals.

“Ok. From the map Lightning uploaded into the ship’s systems, the two portals are that way.” Tails said pointing north, “And the research lab is that way.” He said pointing south-east.

Everyone nodded and went towards their destinations.

(Portal #1)
(Sonic, Rainbow, Shadow, and Pinkie POV)

Sonic, Shadow, Rainbow, and Pinkie were crouched behind a bush, looking at the portal.

The portal was nearly completed, only the top quarter was missing.

“We need to be quick with this portal.” Rainbow said activating her Chaos Element.

“Heh. Quick’s my middle name.” Sonic said.

“I thought it was “the”. And then Hedgehog.” Pinkie said activating her own Element.

Sonic facepalmed, “I don’t technically have a real middle name.”

“Okey dokey lokie.” Pinkie squeaked.

“You ready, faker?” Shadow said forming two chaos spears.

“You know it, faker.” Sonic said grinning.

(Play Shinedown - Enemies)

Shadow groaned and then jumped out from behind the bush. He threw his spears at the ground near a group of Knights, causing the ground to explode and knock them out.

“Not bad, But you’re doing it the boring way.” Sonic said charging a spin dash. He dashed forward through the bush and bowled through several Knights, knocking them into the air.

The knights piled onto each other, each knocked out by Sonic.

“Hehe. Now that was fun.” Sonic said.

Then he heard a clang, and then a groan.

He turned and saw Rainbow standing over an unconscious knight, “You forgot one.”

Then they all heard multiple roars.

They turned and saw three Nightmare Titans charging at them.

“Uh oh.” Rainbow and Sonic said.

But the Titans never made it to them. Instead, they were hit by pink beams of chaos energy.

Pinkie landed on top of one of the downed Titans, “Boom! In your face! Pinkie style!”

The Titan she was standing on quickly got up and grabbed Pinkie’s leg.

“Whoa!” Pinkie yelled as the Titan held her upsidedown.

The Titan glared straight into her eyes.

“Ehe… Um… Hi.” Pinkie said.

The Titan roared, covering Pinkie’s face with spit.

“Eww.” Pinkie said wiping her face. Then she sniffed, “PHEW! You need to brush you teeth. You smell funny.”

The Titan then breathed into his hand and smelled, scrunching his nose after. Then he blinked and roared once more, pulling his fist back to strike Pinkie.

“Don’t you even think about it!” Shadow shouted jumping on the Titan’s back and grabbing two of its crystals. He yanked at them and pulled them out.

The Titan yelled in pain and dropped Pinkie. He spun around and backhanded Shadow.

“Gah!” Shadow yelled as he was sent backwards. Then he was grabbed by another Titan, and then smashed down into the ground.

“Shadow!” Pinkie yelled. She pointed her cannons at the Titan and shot a missile.

The missile hit the Titan and sent it into a wall.

Pinkie ran over to Shadow and helped him up, “Are you ok, Shady?”

“I’m fine, Pinkie. It takes more than a beat down to take out the Ultimate Life Form.” Shadow said.

Sonic and Rainbow were dealing with two of the Titans, one of them only had one last crystal left.

“C’mon, you’ve got to be faster than that to catch me.” Sonic said quick stepping out of the Titan’s way, as it smashed into a wall.

The Titan then jumped out of the wall and smashed the ground, causing it to crack.

The ground below Sonic had cracked and his leg was caught under the ground, “Ahg! My leg!”

The Titan then grabbed a pillar on the ground and raised it above his head.

“Uh oh.” Sonic said looking at the pillar.

The Titan pulled it straight up and grinned.

However, something quickly cut across the Titan’s arms, causing it to yell in pain and let go of the pillar. It then realized it let it go and was crushed under the pillar.

Rainbow sheathed her katana and then went over to Sonic. She pulled down her face mask and smiled, “Don’t worry. I got your back blue boy.” She then lifted the earth that Sonic’s leg was caught in.

“Thanks, Dash.” Sonic said pulling his leg out.

Suddenly Shadow was thrown in the air between the two, causing them to quickly turn and see him get smashed into a wall.

“Ow.” Shadow groaned.

Sonic and Rainbow quickly turned and saw the third Titan charging towards them.

“Incoming!” Sonic said.

He and Rainbow quickly jumped out of the way.

Shadow saw the Titan still charging at him, and then smirked. He began to glow red, “Chaos…” He crossed his arms, “BLAST!”

The Titan was engulfed in Chaos energy, and the blast kept spreading.

The second Titan was engulfed in the blast also.

Both Titans yelled in pain as their crystals shattered, and they disintegrated.

When the blast settled, Shadow huffed, “Well that takes care of them.”

Sonic, Rainbow, and Pinkie took care of the remaining Knights.

“Well that was fun.” Pinkie said happily.

(Stop Playing Shinedown - Enemies)

Shadow got up and walked over to the other three.

They all looked up at the portal.

“You got this one, Shadow?” Sonic said.

Shadow nodded and he took off his inhibitor rings, “You might want to take cover.”

Sonic, Rainbow, and Pinkie all ran away from the portal.

Shadow began glowing red once again, “Chaos…” He jumped onto the portal, and then crossed his arms, “BLAST!”

Deadly chaos energy exploded from within Shadow, spreading across the frame of the portal, cracking it.

Shadow groaned and pushed more energy into the blast.

The portal frame then shattered and crumbled.

Shadow gasped and fell back down to the ground, landing on one knee. He grabbed his inhibitor rings and put them back on, causing his glow to disappear.

Pinkie bounced over to him and gave him a death hug, “THAT WAS AMAZING!”

Shadow smiled, “Thanks *huff* Let’s get back to the ship.”

The four walked back towards the ship.

“Let’s hope the others are having just as easy of a time as us.” Sonic said as he looked back at the smoke rising from the portal they just destroyed.

(Second Portal)
(Ace, Silver, Rarity, and Fluttershy POV)

Knights and Titans were stationed around the second portal, swords drawn, as they looked for any sign of the heroes.

“Hmm. I don’t think they know about this portal.” One knight said.

“Don’t let your guard down. Smoke is rising from where the other portal was, they must be coming for this one too.” Another responded.

Then they heard a squeak.

“What was that?” One knight said turning towards the sound. He saw a small rabbit bouncing around the ground, “Bah. Just a rabbit.” He charged a nightmare beam and shot near the rabbit, terrifying it, “Nahaha!”

“Quit fooling around.” The other knight told him.

“What? It’s just a rabbit.” The knight said turning towards the other knight.

He rolled his eyes and walked away.

The knight turned back towards the rabbit, but instead, he saw an angry Fluttershy in his face, “Whoa!”

Fluttershy the kicked the knight in the groin, “What did that rabbit do to you!?”

The knight gasped and lost his breath as he clutched between his legs. He then fell onto the ground.

Then Ace walked up and stomped on the knight’s face, snapping his neck with a deafening, ‘snap’.

Silver and Rarity walked up to the two.

“Dude, did you have to snap his neck? Uhg.” Silver said looking at the dead knight,

“Sorry, war instincts.” Ace said shrugging his shoulders.

Rarity then quickly drew an ice-arrow and shot it between Fluttershy and Ace’s heads, nailing a knight right in the face, and freezing him on the spot.

“Jeez Rarity, could you warn us next time.” Ace said looking at the frozen knight.

Rarity smirked, “Next time, let us know when you’re going to break someone’s neck.”

Ace rolled his eyes, then he formed a chaos javelin, “Let’s just get going.” He then threw the javelin straight up into the air above him. Then he stepped to the side, just as a knight leapt for him, missing and landing on his face.

The knight was going to get up, but was hit by Ace’s javelin, knocking him out.

“There, I didn’t kill him this time.” Ace said.

Silver and Rarity went to the left side of the portal, while Ace and Fluttershy took the right side.

(Play Light em Up - Fall Out Boy)
(Ace and Fluttershy POV)

Ace threw a quickly javelin, hitting the crystals of a Titan.

Before the Titan could respond, Ace jump onto his back and began glowing blue, “Bye bitch. Chaos Blast!” Blue Chaos energy ejected from Ace’s body, covering a long distance, and disintegrating any enemy life in the blast.

Ace dropped down to the ground and looked up and could see several large animals attacking knights and Titans, and Fluttershy behind all the animals in her Chaos Guardian form.

Ace smiled, “She’s good.”

Suddenly the ground below Ace began to crack.

“Huh?” Ace said looking down.

Suddenly a new type of Nightmare Warrior smashed out of the ground and uppercutted Ace.

“Gah!” Ace said as he was sent into the air. He back flipped and landed on his feet, staring straight at the new warrior.

He had metal0-like claws on top of his fists, and his armor was spiked.

Getting a closer look at the claws, Ace saw they were the same as Knuckles’ Shovel Claws, “Hey, those are copies of the shovel claws!”

“Correct, and very useful.” The Terra-Warrior said, jumping and then burrowing back into the ground.

Ace looked around, but couldn’t see the Terra-Warrior.

Then the Warrior rose out of the ground behind Ace and hit him from behind.

“Ow!” Ace shouted, getting mad.

The Terra-Warrior burrowed back into the ground, “Hahahaha! How can you fight, what you can’t see?”

As the Warrior continued to hit him, Ace got an idea.

Just as the Terra-Warrior rose out to strike him again, Ace turned and shot him with a small beam of Chaos energy. However the beam was absorbed into the armor.

“Energy absorbing armor too. Even more useful.” The Terra-Warrior said punching Ace across the face.

Ace groaned, but then smiled when the Terra-Warrior burrowed back into the ground, “Yes, it is. Chaos Detect.”

Ace’s vision changed. Now he could see any and all signs of Chaos energy, including the energy the Terra-Warrior absorbed.

The Terra-Warrior began to rise in the ground below Ace.

Ace smirked. He moved to the side and grabbed the Terra-Warrior by the neck, just as he rose out of the ground.

“Gahck! How!?” The Terra-Warrior choked.

“Because I am the master of Chaos.” Ace said then he hit the warrior on the head, knocking him out.

Ace turned and saw Fluttershy being hugged by a bear, which she hugged back.

Ace smiled and walked over to Fluttershy, just as the bear and other animals walked back into the forest.

“Thank you very much.” Fluttershy called to the animals.

“You really are good with animals.” Ace said to the pink haired girl.

“Th-thank you.” Fluttershy said blushing.

Ace hugged her, causing her to blush even more.

Fluttershy hugged back.

(Silver and Rarity POV)

Silver had thrown two Knights into the air, which Rarity shot with two fire arrows, burning them.

“Hah. This is too easy.” Silver said picking up two more knights and smashing them together.

“Indeed darling.” Rarity said, shooting more knights.

Silver and Rarity turned their back to each other and continued to fight off Knights.

“Hey Rarity?” Silver said.

“Yes darling?” Rarity responded.

“If we survive this, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me?” Silver asked.

“Why not, darling. I’d love to.” Rarity said.

“Great. What is it you want to do?” Silver asked.

“Silver darling, let’s focus on surviving this war, before we start thinking about dates.” Rarity said.

“Good idea.” Silver said.

Silver continued to fight off the knights and titans, until he couldn’t see anymore.

Silver huffed after throwing his last knight, “Phew. That was tense. How about you Rarity?”

No response.

“Rarity?” Silver said turning around. He gasped at what he saw.

A knight had Rarity in his arms, with a knife against her throat.

“Rarity!” Silver shouted, taking a step forward.

The knight put pressure on Rarity’s neck with the knife, “Not one step. Or she dies.”

Silver stopped and just stared at the Knight, fury growing in his heart.

The knight laughed, “You heroes are so weak. You fall in love and it becomes your greatest weakness.” The knight began to walk back with Rarity, “Now either you and your friends leave this portal, or she dies.”

Silver’s body began to tremble, in fear and anger, “You… are… a…. MONSTER!”

The warrior only laughed, “I’ve been called that several times. So what will it be? The portal or her?”

Then Silver’s body formed a dark aura, and he began to laugh, “Nehehehe AHAHAHAHAHA!”

The warrior looked confused, “What’s so funny?”

“Oh nothing. Other than the fact that I am not leaving this portal standing, and nor are you killing Rarity.” Silver said, his voice seemed to sound evil and maniatic.

“Either you leave now, or I will ki…” The warrior began, but was cut off when Silver suddenly appeared behind him and grabbed him by his neck, “GACK!”

“Let the lady go.” Dark Silver said, “And I may spare your worthless life.”

The warrior let Rarity drop to the ground, unconscious, “Now let me go!”

Dark Silver thought for a minute, then he smirked darkly, “No.”

“What! But you said-GAH!” Silver had taken one of Rarity’s arrows and stabbed through the warrior’s heart.

“I said I may let you live. I never said I would.” Dark Silver said dropping the dead warrior, “NAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! How can Sonic and Rainbow Dash not like this power!? I feel like I could do anything!”

(Stop Playing Light em Up - Fall Out Boy)

Then Silver heard a gasp, “Silvy?”

Dark Silver turned and saw Rarity looking at him in fear. He gasped and his eyes returned back to normal, “Rarity.” The aura disappeared and Silver dropped to his knees, out of energy.

Rarity gasped and ran over to Silver, “Silver!”

But Silver put his hand out and used his powers to stop Rarity from getting closer.

“Silver? What on heavens are you doing?” Rarity said.

“I’m keeping you away from the monster I was just.” Silver said.

“Monster? Darling, you just saved my life. How can you call yourself a monster?” Rarity asked.

Tears formed in Silver’s eyes, “Because I didn’t want to let go at first. I wanted to stay that way.”

“But you didn’t. You came back. You came back to me.” Rarity said.

Silver’s powers ran out and he collapsed in exhaustion, causing Rarity to be able to move again.

Rarity sat down and laid Silver’s head on her lap, “You’re no monster, darling. You’re a hero.”

Ace ad Fluttershy came around the corner and saw the two.

“What happened to him?” Fluttershy gasped.

“He… he saved me, but he used all his energy in the process.” Rarity said.

“Whatever, we need to destroy this portal now. But I’m too tired to use anymore Chaos energy for now.” Ace said.

“I’ll do it.” Rarity said getting up. She walked backwards until she could see the top of the portal frame. She drew a chaos arrow and aimed, “This is for Silver.” She then fired the arrow and it hit the top.

Cracks began to form over the frame, and then they began to glow purple.

“Everyone! Duck!” Rarity said jumping over Silver’s body.

Ace shielded Fluttershy with his body.

The portal frame then blew up, sending metal all over the place. Dark energy exploded from the center of the portal, expanding outward.

Rarity and Ace were hit by the dark energy.

While Ace wasn’t affected, Rarity wasn’t so lucky.

She screamed in pain as the dark energy tore through the back of her shirt, and burned her skin. But she wouldn’t move away from Silver.

When the explosion settled, Ace got up and saw that Fluttershy was ok. However, when he looked at Rarity, he gasped.

Rarity’s shirt was ripped on the back, and her back was cut and burned from dark energy.

She collapsed over Silver, unconscious.

“Rarity!” Fluttershy gasped running over to her friend. She examined Rarity’s wounds, “She needs medical attention, but I can’t do anything about it. This wound isn’t normal.”

“Wait, look!” Ace said pointing at Rarity.

Fluttershy gasped.

Rarity’s wound was healing itself, closing all cuts, and all burn marks disappeared.

“But… how is that possible?” Ace said.

“I don’t know. But I think we need to get these two back to the ship.” Fluttershy said trying to lift Rarity onto her shoulders, but fell over.

Ace helped her up and picked up both Rarity and Silver, “Come on. Let’s get back to the ship.”

And so Fluttershy and Ace walked back to the ship, with Rarity and Silver.

(Dark, Sunset, Applejack, Knuckles, Tails, and Twilight POV)
(Research Center)
(Play Monster - Skillet)

The heroes were standing about 100 meters away from the Research Center.

The entrance was guarded by two Titans, each equipped with armor, shields, and swords.

“So what are we going to do about them?” Sunset said looking at the guards.

“I will smash them!” Knuckles said pounding his fists.

Applejack facepalmed, “You really think they won’t expect that?”

“Oh… right.” Knuckles said.

“How about an emp bomb?” Twilight said.

“Left all my explosives at the barn. And I think that won’t stop the Titans. Maybe knights, but not Titans.” Tails said.

“How about we just take them all at once? Six on two. Three of us take one, while the other three take the other one.” Dark said.

The others stayed quiet.

“Why hadn’t we thought of that?” Twilight said.

“Because you haven’t been in a real war like me. Being on of the last warriors to survive a war gives you great battle minds.” Dark said.

The six heroes split up into two groups of three and went opposite directions, heading for the Titans.

Dark, Twilight, and Knuckles walked quietly towards the back of the first Titan, “Twilight, use your magic when we get behind it, to pull out one of the crystals, but don’t pull it out all the way. We just want to get its attention.”

Twilight nodded.

“When the Titan gets close enough, Knuckles and I will attempt to knock it out,” Dark said, “Should we fail, we all need to either pull out, or smash each of the crystals.” Dark said.

The three nodded.

They got a few yards behind the Titan and started to unfold their plan.

Twilight activated her Chaos Element and became the Chaos Mage. She used her staff and pointed it at one of the crystals. She pulled on it a little.

The Titan felt something pulling at his crystal, and turned, but saw nothing. He walked forward and tried to find what was pulling his crystals.

“C’mon. Just a little closer.” Dark said, eyeing the Titan.

Suddenly the Titan heard the other Titan yell in pain, and he ran back to the front of the Research Center.

“NO!” Dark yelled in fury, as he got up and ran after the Titan.

Then he heard three more yells.

“Shit.” Dark said thinking of what he thought the yells were from.

And he was right.

The Titans were holding Sunset, Tails, and Applejack upside down by their legs.

“Great. Well that idea failed.” Dark said forming a dark sword and charging at the Titans.

The Titan hold Sunset saw Dark charging. He grabbed Sunset by the neck and showed her to Dark, “Take one step closer, and the little lady is going to be a Sunset Splatter.”

Dark stopped and groaned, “Put her down.”

“Drop your weapons first.” The Titan said.

Dark dropped his sword, “Now let her go.”

“With pleasure.” The Titan said. He slammed Sunset down into the ground, creating a crater.

“NO!” Dark’s eyes widened and his fury and anger rose. And so did the dark creature inside of Dark’s heart. He dropped to his knees and began to breath heavily.

“Nahahaha! How pathetic. Your love for this one has made you weak.” The Titan said.

Dark’s eyes changed from blue, to red, and became dragon dagger eyes. His wrist bands turned from blue, to blood red. And his hair went from blue and black, to red and black.

Twilight and Knuckles came around the corner and saw Dark.

“What happened?” Twilight asked. Then she saw Sunset, unconscious, “Oh no.”

Dark’s aura changed to a black aura. He smiled maniacally, “YOU ARE MINE!” He looked up and dashed towards the Titan, punching him in the face.

“GAH!” The Titan yelled as his teeth were smashed out.

“Dark! Stop, you’re going out of control!” Knuckles said.

“Dark is gone. I am Pure Darkness!” Dark said, “I am the reason Dark is who he is. I am the dark creature that corrupted him all those years ago!”

Pure Darkness then continued to smash the Titan, until the other one grabbed him and hauled him away, into one of the research center’s walls, “GAH!”

Twilight was tending to Sunset, who was still breathing, but barely, “C’mon Sunset. You’re the only one who can help Dark.” She began using her magic to heal Sunset.

“Dark Annihilation!” Pure Darkness shouted, pointing his hands at one of the Titans. A large white beam, outlined in black, shot from his hands. It engulfed the Titan, causing him to scream in pain.

When the beam disappeared, the Titan was gone.

Pure Darkness looked at the other Titan, still holding Applejack and Tails.

The Titan raised the two in front of him, hoping to use them as shields.

“Hah! You think I care for those two? I am not Dark Steele! I care for no one!” Pure Darkness said charging another beam.

Tails and Applejack’s eyes widened in horror.

However, before Pure Darkness could fire, he was punched across the face and knocked into the ground.

Knuckles stood over Pure Darkness, fists raised, “You are not hurting Applejack or Tails. They are my friends. Your friends!”

Pure Darkness groaned, “I just told you all. I am not Dark, I don’t care for anyone!” He charged at Knuckles and grabbed him, throwing him at the Titan.

Knuckles collided with the Titan and caused him to let go of Applejack and Tails.

“Goodbye!” Pure Darkness said, charging another beam.

Knuckles, Applejack, and Tails jumped out of the way just as Pure Darkness fire his beam, annihilating the Titan, “NAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!”

Twilight had finished healing Sunset, and she regained conscious.

“Uhg. What happened?” Sunset groaned.

“Duck!” Knuckles shouted as he jumped and pushed Twilight and Sunset down. A beam passed over them and nearly incinerated them.

Sunset got up and saw Pure Darkness. Her eyes widened, “D-Dark?”

Pure Darkness groaned again, “I am not Dark! I AM PURE DARKNESS!”

Sunset got up and activated her Chaos Element, “I know you’re in their Dark. Fight against the creature’s power.”

Pure Darkness fired a beam at Sunset, “He can’t hear you!”

Sunset absorbed the beam into her sword, “I know he can! And he will break free of you!”

Pure Darkness laughed, “He was lucky when he had somehow managed to keep control of himself when I originally corrupted him, but now I am in control!”

Sunset jumped into the air and slashed across Pure Darkness’ body, leaving a gash in his chest.

“GAH!” Pure Darkness yelled, he then grabbed Sunset by the throat, “I will destroy you!”

Sunset close her eyes and waited for the blow. But it never came.

Pure Darkness was struggling to strike Sunset, his own arm wouldn’t budge, “No. It can’t be!”

Pure Darkness let Sunset go and he grabbed his head, “NOOOOOO!” Then he fell forwards and landed on the ground.

(Stop Playing Monster - Skillet)

Sunset got up and walked over to Dark’s body.

Twilight charged her staff and pointed at the body.

Sunset heard a groan and saw Dark’s body move, “Dark?”

Dark quickly got up and back away from Sunset, “Get away from me!”

“Dark what…” Sunset said reaching out for him.

“I said stay away from me!” Dark said swiping away Sunset’s hand, “All of you! Get away! I have done the worst mistakes I have made in my life!”

“Dark, we’re all ok. It’s thanks to you that we’re safe.” Sunset said.

“And it’s because of me that you all nearly died.” Dark said, “I have become the monster I have always feared I would become ever since I was corrupted.” Dark went to run away.

“No!” Sunset said jumping for Dark, tackling him to the ground.

“Gah! Let me go Sunset!” Dark said as he fell down.

“No! I won’t let you leave!” Sunset under her helmet.

Then Dark heard something. Crying. He looked back at Sunset heard the crying coming from her. He slowly took off her helmet and saw her eyes were filled with tears.

“Please. Don’t leave me.” Sunset said, still holding onto Dark.

Dark hesitated, but he reached out and wiped the tears off Sunset’s face, “I hate it when you cry.”

Sunset let Dark go and she crawled over to him, “You’re not a monster, Dark. You’re our friend. You’re family.”

Dark closed his eyes and sighed, “I’ll stay. But I will forever have a monster in my soul.”

Sunset gasped and smiled. She hugged Dark, “Thank you.”

Dark hugged back, but then he looked Sunset’s shoulder and saw his own shadow, smiling evilly back at him, ‘You will never be free of me.’

Sunset and Dark got up and walked back over to the others.

“I am sorry for what I had done to you all.” Dark said, “I lost control and was corrupted by the darkness within me.”

“We know it wasn’t you Dark.” Knuckles said, “Although, if you want to make up for it, spar me one day.”

Dark chuckled and nodded, “Ok.”

Knights bursted out of the research center, swords drawn.

“Uh oh. We definitely can’t get in now! How are we going to get that sample of Nightmare Toxin?” Knuckles said.

“Ah’ve got that covered.” Applejack said pulling something out of her pocket. It was a small vial of Nightmare Toxin, “Got it off the Titan that was holding Tails and I.”

“Great, now we can kiss this place good bye.” Knuckles said.

(Group POV)

The heroes ran for the ship, army of Nightmare Warriors behind them.

“Start the ship up!” Twilight shouted.

Sonic and Rainbow saw the six, and then they saw the army.

“Uh oh.” Sonic said. Then he dashed towards the command deck, trying to figure out how to start the ship, “Uh, I’m not good with this tech!”

Tails facepalmed, “Pull the red lever.”

Sonic saw the lever and pulled it.

The ship’s engines began to roar to life.

“Take off!” Tails shouted, “Push the blue handle forward.”

Sonic pushed the blue handle forward, and the ship began to rise.

The six heroes jumped into the open door and beat down the warriors that tried to board.

Tails and Twilight ran into the command deck.

Sonic ran out of the room, “All yours.”

Tails began to fly the ship upwards more, “Now to test out my latest invention.” He flew over the research center. He then smirked, “Time to go boom.” He pushed a red button.

The bottom of the ship opened up and a giant cannon pointed at the research center.

“Taste defeat!” Tails shouted, pushing the button again.

The cannon charged and then fired a large beam at the lab, destroying it to smithereens.

The heroes cheered as the lab burned to ashes.

“That’s now five portals! One left to go!” Sonic cheered.

“Let’s get home. Maybe Lightning and Nightmare Moon have pinpointed the last portal.” Ace said.

So the heroes flew off, back towards Sweet Apple Acres.

(Sweet Apple Acres)

The heroes opened the barn doors and walked in, however, the lights were out.

“Lightning? Nightmare Moon? The mission was a success!” Silver called.

No response.

“Somethings not right.” Dark said looking around the dark room.

They all heard a small thump coming from the upper floor of the barn.

“Who’s there?” Shadow said forming a Chaos Spear.

Lightning walked down the stairs.

Everyone lowered their weapons and sighed.

However, Lightning then fired several lightning bolts at the heroes, striking them in the chests.

They all yelled in pain as they fell down.

“Lightning? What are you doing?” Sonic asked. Then he saw something was different about the scientist.

Her hands and arms were covered in dark blue markings; her eyes were still and unblinking, but filled with fear.

“It’s amazing what a little Nightmare can do to one, isn’t it?” A voice said from upstairs.

Nightmare Lilac walked down the stairs, “Good to see you again, heroes.”

“What have you done to her?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh nothing. Unless infecting her body with my Advanced Nightmare Toxin counts as something… Does it?” Nightmare Lilac laughed, “And the same will happen to you too!”

She threw a large glass container of Nightmare Toxin at the heroes.

Each of the girls gasped and pushed the guys away.

“NO!” The guys shouted.

The girls screamed as the glass shattered and splashed a pool of Nightmare Toxin all over them.

Nightmare Lilac laughed evilly, “This is priceless. I get to watch as the Equestria Girls are corrupted by my Nightmare Toxin, and they sacrificed their freedom to save their boyfriends. Ahahahahaa!”

The Nightmare Toxin was then absorbed into the girls completely.

The girls looked just like Lightning.

“Hmm… “I won’t have them destroy you now. But if you want to save them, find the last portal and use it to enter my domain. The Nightmare Dimension.” Nightmare Lilac said waving her hand behind her and the girls. A portal opened and they all went in.

“NO!” Dark shouted running towards the portal, but it closed in front of him, “NOOOOO!”

Suddenly it began to rain outside and thunder clapped loudly as dark clouds covered the sunlight.

“The weather’s supposed to be clear all month.” Silver said looking at the clouds.

“It has started.” A voice said weakly.

The boys turned and saw a badly wounded Nightmare Moon.

“What has?” Sonic said.

“The Eternal Night comes.” Nightmare Moon said, then she collapsed and turned into dark blue mist.

Nightmare Moon is no more.

Author's Note:

Darkmaster0224: Aaaaaand that’s chapter 8 people. So, the heroes successfully destroyed two more portals and the research center. However, Nightmare Lilac had her own Nightmare Toxin, and she has used it on the girls, allowing her to control them. Now they are in the Nightmare Dimension, waiting for the guys to come in and attack. The only way in however, is the last Nightmare Portal. But they must hurry, the Eternal Night has already begun. Until next time folks, PEACE OUT! Darkmaster0224 signing off.