• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 3,023 Views, 26 Comments

You will be Upgraded - EmperorDalek



One man, one night...And one bullet. These things changed his life...forever.

  • ...
6
 26
 3,023

The Cyber and the Lord

Author's Note:

The first of many new chapters that have been born during the hiatus.
Hope you enjoy it.:pinkiesmile:

Holding the Info stamp in his hands, he looked down at it. How could this be here? This was a device he had only seen one species use, it was in a Christmas Special, and it had been far, far, far back, nearing the end of Season 4 of Doctor Who’s Revived Series. How was it that the Ponies of this world could have access to one?
‘’Where did you obtain this?’’ He asked. Diagoras craned his head, looking back up at him.
‘’Hm?’’ He asked intrigued. ‘’I’m sorry, I didn’t get that. What did you say?’’ He asked.
He turned his head, looking down towards him, starring angrily, if his face could still produce bear facial features. He looked up, holding the Info stamp in his hand out so Diagoras could see it.
‘’Where did you obtain this device?’’ He asked, curious to find out the answers. Diagoras looked down at it, staring blankly. His eyes looked up, meeting the steel face.
‘’Have I not told you?’’ He said condescending. ‘’My company is the largest collection of alien technology in Equestria…’’ He said. ‘’But if I had to give a much more, elaborate explanation for how I obtained it, I would have to say that it was developed by my associates. They created it.’’ He explained, shrugging.
He turned, and trotted back towards the door. He pressed one of the buttons on his wrist device with the stylus. The door moved inside the walls. He turned his head, looking slightly back. ‘’I will leave you to get…updated on the situation. Goodbye.’’ He said. He looked out in front of him, and trotted out of the room, leaving him by himself, as the doors closed shut behind him.
As there was nothing but silence in the room, he looked out towards the door. He raised his hand, and looked down at the Info stamp, staring blankly down at it.
‘How did they get this?’ He asked himself.

He raised it, holding it out in front of him. ‘Oh well. Might as well find out what I don’t know.’ He thought to himself.
The small logo on his chest opened, revealing an internal software. He raised his hand, bringing the Info stamp up towards a slot, he connected the Info stamp against the slot, and the end of it lit up with a faint white light.
His head looked up, as packets and packets of data started to stream inside his mind. He became motionless, not moving an inch during the download, or updating, or…whatever you want to call it.
He couldn’t physically see it for himself, but he could see things...Great things, wondrous things, terrifying things. Creatures he didn’t recognize, thousands of countless worlds, each more daunting than the last, characters he didn’t know and had never encountered while he had been here, battles on open fields, battles amongst skyscrapers, and in corridors, in places he had never seen before.
‘Whoa.’
Looking down at the monitors they were observing him through, Diagoras smiled softly to himself, as he stood beside his associates. His associate looked at the screen, silently observing their prisoner’s actions, or, lack-thereof.
‘’Quite a remarkable specimen, isn’t it?’’ He asked it. It turned its head, looking back towards him, meeting his eyes with its own. It looked into his face, seeing a delighted smirk that greeted it.
‘’Just like I promised, perfect condition.’’ He said. It turned its head, looking back towards the screen, then back towards him again.
‘’Correct! Its armor density is impressive! Its weapon possess the firepower capable of piercing the armor of our primary target!’’ One of the creatures replied. Diagoras bowed his head in respect.

*Someplace else*

Trotting pass several office cubicle, a Mare adorning a black suit, levitating a small stack of papers with her telekinesis. She approached a desk, the Stallion looked up from his other duties, and looked towards her.
‘’Yes? Can I help you?’’ He asked softly. She gently blew a little piece of her mane out of the way, looking her eye back down at him.
‘’Yes.’’ She said. She placed the stack of papers down on the desk, and trotted around to get a much better eye-to-eye talk. ‘’Can you tell me where Mr. Diagoras’s Office is? I seem to have gotten myself lost.’’ She asked him. She turned, looking her head around at the various cubicles on the left and right sides of her.
‘’Ah, yes. This place tends to be a little bit confusing the first time around…But you’ll get a feel for it after a while, trust me.’’ He said.
‘’Ok-ay.’’ She replied softly.
He stood up, and trotted out from behind his desk. He lifted his hoof up to his ear, and gently removed a small earpiece from it, and put it down on the desk.
‘’Now, how about I take you to Mr. Diagoras’s Office, personally?’’ He asked her, reaching out a welcoming hoof towards her.
Her eyes looked down towards it, staring blankly at it for several good, long seconds.
‘’Um, well. Its ok-ay if you don’t want to, it was just an-‘’ He spoke up, retracting his hoof back. ‘’Yes.’’ She suddenly said.
‘’Um. You what?’’ He asked confused, as he turned his head back towards her. She smiled, softly, at his look of confusion to her response.
‘’Yeah.’’ She replicated her answer. ‘’You can show me the way to Diagoras’s Office.’’ She said. A soft nervous chuckle sounded from him, as a smile settled on his mouth.
‘’Well then, you best follow me.’’ He said, as he, suddenly, turned, and started trotting down the right cubicle. She looked back towards the stacks of paper, her mouth hanging open from how he had seemingly ignored to ask her something, which she had hoped that he would ask her.
‘’Jerk.’’ She mouthed silently to herself, as she activated her magic again, enveloping the papers, and lifting them up off the desk. She turned, and started to follow after him down the rows of cubicles.

She finally managed to catch up to him, fortunately, he hadn’t been moving too fast for her, so her slow trot with all those papers hadn’t caused her to fall behind.
She trotted up beside him, turned her head, and looked up at him.
‘’So…? How long have you worked here, for Diagoras?’’ She asked. He turned his head, and looked down at her.
‘’I have worked for Mr. Diagoras, for as long as I can remember.’’ He turned and looked up. ‘’Turn left here.’’ He instructed. They turned left, and started down a corridor.
He turned, looking back down at her. ‘’Ever since I came here to his office building as a Foal. Starved and weak, but he still took me in…’’ He narrowed his eyes, looking down. ‘’I-…I don’t remember much of my earlier life before I was taken in by Mr. Diagoras, and became his Secretary.’’ He said.
‘’Y-you were Diagoras’s Secretary?’’ She asked, grimacing confused. He turned, looking down towards her, his narrowed look vanishing.
‘’Of course.’’ He said.
‘’And how is that? Why did he make you his Secretary after just meeting you?’’ She asked intrigued.
‘’He found me at the beginning stage of his company…’’ He said. ‘’And seeing how I was such a good boy, and tried to please him so he wouldn’t throw me out onto the streets, he decided to reward me for my good behavior…Heck, it was cheaper than hiring somepony else to do it, though, I still needed to learn how to deal with the tools instructed me to use.’’
‘’But wouldn’t that be costing him anything? I mean, if he wanted you to learn how to use these new tools?’’ She asked, growing a little bit confused as to what he was telling her.
‘’You would think so, but he taught me, himself.’’ He said. ‘’I mean, when you’re dealing with this kind of stuff, you kind of have to be good at it.’’ He gave a gentle chuckle, looking back down the corridor.
‘’Ah! Here we are.’’ He said. She looked out in front of her, seeing a large, steel door in front of her. He took a step towards it. He raised his hoof, and pressed a large red button on the wall, the doors moved inside the walls. He stepped to the side, stretching out his hoof, and pointing it in towards the open space that waited behind the doors.
‘’Ladies first.’’ He said, smiling warmly. She gave a gentle giggle, and trotted inside. Following after her, he stepped inside the small space as well. He pressed another button on the wall, though, unlike the first time, there were many other buttons, they had strange names beside them like L-4, and L-6.
Shaking gently, the room started to move, ascending upwards.
‘’Whoa!’’ She exclaimed in surprise, moving gently in place. He turned, and looked towards her, smiling. ‘’I know.’’ He said. ‘’It can be quite a shock the first time.’’
‘’I-…I can see why.’’ She panted softly. Standing herself up properly.

With a soft DING, the room came to a halt. The doors opened, and she ventured out from behind it.
‘’Hey!’’ She heard him call after her. She turned, and looked back towards him. ‘’Um…Well, if you, you know, ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.’’ He said. She smiled warmly back. ‘’Sure. Just don’t go anywhere.’’ She said. He smiled back, gently nodding his head. ‘’Sure. I-I won’t.’’ He said.
‘’Oh, by the way. Mr. Diagoras’s Office is at the end of the hallway. You won’t miss it.’’ He said, pointing his hoof out towards her. She turned, and looked behind her, seeing a lone, long corridor in front of her, she turned, and looked back towards him, smiling softly. ‘’Ok-ay. Thanks.’’ She said.
He raised his hoof, and pressed one of the red buttons on the wall. Looking up, gazed back out through the slight, small crack in the doorway before it closed shut. There was another DING, but nothing much really seemed to happen.
‘’All right then. Let’s get on with this interview, then.’’ She told herself. She turned around, and started to venture down the hallway.

Looking up, she stared blankly at the tagged door. On a white line, was the name Mr. Diagoras written. She inhaled deeply, exhaling softly. She looked towards the door. She raised her hoof, and gently tapped it against the wooden door.
‘’Come in!’’ A voice spoke from inside, behind the door. She sighed in relief. Stage Zero of getting the job, complete…Now, for the rest. She placed the papers down on the floor, and trotted back towards the door.
Placing a hoof against the door, she pushed it open. With a gentle swing, the door swung open, and she strode inside.
She trotted inside the room, seeing a large wooden desk in front of her, behind it stood a chair, and behind it stood a large glass window, overlooking the world below it. To her right, the walls were covered with various tapestries, and a picture – Strangely enough, the tapestries resembled banners, but the symbol upon them was one that had been used by the Brotherhood of the Knights. On the other, was another set of pictures, but mostly it was blank, devoid of features.
‘’Come.’’ She heard a voice speak up, interrupting her slight observation of the room. She turned her head, and looked out in front of her. The chair behind the desk spun around, a Stallion, adorning a black suit sat in it, a friendly smile on his face. He raised his right hoof up off the chair’s armrests, pointing it towards a chair in front of his desk. ‘’Come, sit.’’ He spoke in soft, friendly tone.
‘’Thank you.’’ She replied, bowing her head back. She trotted towards the chair, sitting herself down on it. He leaned back in his chair, touching the ends of hooves together, and holding them in front of his face.
‘’Now…Let’s get started.’’

*Several minutes*

He leaned forward, resting himself atop his arms, as he looked back at her. ‘’So…’’ He said, his friendly expression, changed into a blank stare. She gently shook her head, raising a confused eyebrow.
‘’So…What?’’ She asked confused. His eye looked to the side, starring towards the wall.
‘’So…When are you going to ask me?’’ He asked, grinning softly. His eyes returned their attention towards her. She gained a blank, confused look on her face.
‘’Um. What are you talking about, sir?’’ She asked, once again confused. He rolled his eyes, leaning himself back in the chair.
‘’Oh, come now.’’ He said. ‘’I know that you are interested in the tapestries I possess.’’ He raised, and swung his hoof towards the tapestries, she followed him, looking back them. She turned, looking back at him.
‘’It is correct, Mr. Diagoras, you’re tapestries did grab my attention when I entered.’’ She said, looking back into his eyes. His face grimaced, as he gave a gentle nod of his head. ‘’I guess, I was just a little bit shocked to see that you happened to have banners bearing the mark of the Brotherhood.’’
‘’That is nothing to be nervous about. If there is something you wish to be informed of, then just ask me. We are going to working together, so we should begin to treat each other as friends, and not as mere strangers. Teamwork is all about respect, and comradery.’’ Diagoras said, leaning forward, leaning his shoulders down onto the desk.
She nodded gently. ‘’Yes sir.’’ She said.
‘’So…?’’ He asked again. ‘’You know of the Brotherhood, then?’’ He asked her. She nodded gently with her head.
‘’Indeed I do.’’ She said. ’’According to legends, they were a secret order that had vowed allegiance to Princess Celestia. They were said to be immortal, in-killable, as they existed for centuries, protecting Equestria from anything that should threaten it.’’ He nodded, grimacing his face again.
‘’Impressive.’’ He said.
‘’But, one day they, during the day of the Shadows, they vanished without a trace. Their residence, the Fortress of Solitude, vanished in a ball of light, and disappeared, never to be seen again.’’ She continued. He continued grimacing, nodding his head again.
‘’Even more impressive. Not everypony knows their history that well.’’ Diagoras commented her. A faint smile settled on her face, she lowered her head, blushing gently.
‘’Oh it’s nothing, Mr. Diagoras. I just know my history.’’ She said.

*Back in the chamber*

Down from the wall, a light started glowing, the figure in the room, looked up, starring out in front of it. A blue screen floated in the air. The figure in the screen looked back towards it.
‘’Report!?’’ A voice spoke out from the darkness.
‘’The Info stamp’s content will soon be fully uploaded! Diagoras has gone! A matter required his attention!’’ The newcomer replied, staring blankly back towards the figure.
‘’No matter! We will soon be back to full strength!’’ The figure said. ‘’When the Info stamp has finished upload, bring him before me!’’ It ordered.
‘’Affirmative!’’ The newcomer replied. It bowed its head. The screen faded, leaving the room blackened, once again. The figure lowered itself, looking back down at the ground again.

*Back in the chamber with Tom*

In his eyes, information continued to stream, numbers, more locations, more shapes he had seen before, more visuals that looked like something that had been filmed on a camera.
With a soft BEEP, the light at the end of the Info stamp faded, becoming black.
Raising his hand up to his chest, he grabbed hold of the Info stamp, and gently removed it from his chest slot, the compartment closed, and he didn’t have to feel so exposed anymore.
‘Whoa! What a rush.’ He said mentally to himself, he was now glad for being a Cyberman, otherwise he would have had a lot of trouble keeping control of all this information he had just downloaded.
‘So – They DO exist in this universe as well. I thought they were only limited to ‘’our universe’’, but apparently where there is non-natural things, there will be ways of finding out about things from other worlds or dimensions.’
‘’Cyberman…!’’ A voice spoke through the Intercom again. He raised his head, and looked up towards the ceiling. There wasn’t any sign of any stereotypical speakers as used by Humans. There was just a bland wall with nothing. ‘Shit!’ He cursed to himself.
‘’Door lock, disengaged!’’ The voice spoke again. He stared blankly at the door in front of him. ‘And 1…2…3, and- ‘As on cue, the door moved inwards. ‘’Step forward!’’ The voice instructed.
He did as he was told, and with a gentle step forward, stepped towards the opened door.
‘’Several guards will await you outside the door! Follow them!’’ The voice instructed once again. Mentally, he clapped his hands, as he stepped towards the door.
Standing outside the door, were several small, equine shapes…But once again, they just seemed very familiar, and eerie, as he passed by them. It was also a little bit creepy how they didn’t start moving until he was only a few inches from them. ‘’Follow me.’’ One of them said before it and its companion turned around, and started moving down the corridor.
‘’Affirmative.’’ He replied. But it was very unlikely that they either heard him or paid attention.

It was a long, silent trip, down through several tunnels and corridors. There was a huge lack of things on the walls, it was mostly just a darkly lit corridor, with steel walls, a few blinking light, but then again, he wasn’t no longer shocked when it came to these Ponies possessing higher technology.
He was lead to a large steel door. His escorts stopped in place, one of them stepped towards the door. It positioned itself in front of something that looked like one of the viewports in Dalek Control on Skaro. A short beam shot out from it, enveloping the guard. It retracted back inside the screen, and an electronic voice spoke
‘’Identity confirmed as Unit 5089! Access granted!’’ An electronic, robotic voice spoke. He looked back in front of him, as the doors started to open inside the walls.
‘’Enter!’’ Another robotic voice said from inside the chamber behind the doors. One of the guards turned towards him, though, it had to raise its head, and look up towards his head if it wanted to speak. ‘’Move!’’ It ordered.
He wanted to cast an angry glance down towards it, but he reasoned against it, and instead strode inside the chamber.
Once he was a little bit inside the chamber, the doors, suddenly closed themselves shut behind him. He turned, surprised that it had happened.
He had tried to ask them where they were taking him, but they hadn’t replied, they had simply ignored him, and continued down the corridor, leading him to someplace.
He turned back, starring into the chamber they had lead him to. Like the hallways, it was mostly surrounded in darkness, vaguely illuminated by a few small lights scattered around the room.
There was a soft whirring sound amidst the darkness. He turned, and looked in its direction. The whirring continued, as a light looked up, starring at him, and he looked back at it.
‘’Welcome…F-finally we meet!’’ The voice that had instructed him to enter said.
‘’Indeed.’’ He said gently. A slight, gentle silence took place between them, as both of them kept their gaze locked on the other.
‘’Who are you?’’ He asked the darkened figure. Just now, noticing that his own voice was not as loud as the figure that was in the room with him was. Before the figure could speak, he spoke up, cutting it off.
‘’That was designated as deception. My files have identified you as Daleks, my observation has identified you as Daleks. You are Daleks.’’ He said. He wasn’t a ‘’pure’’ Cyberman, but if he wanted to survive for a little bit longer, he would have to keep the Daleks thinking that he was one of those creatures that they didn’t want to have any quarrels with.
‘’Daleks!?’’ The voice asked confused, blankly, looking at him.
‘’We are not Daleks! We are superior!’’ The figure replied. It raised itself slightly, looking straight up into his eyes. ‘’You, however…!’’ It said. It narrowed its sight, looking closer at his face. ‘’You are something new, something never seen before!’’
‘’And you will benefit us greatly!’’ THAT sounded very much like a threat to him.
He stepped back, backing towards the wall behind him, raising his arm, and pointing it at the darkened figure. ‘’You will identify, immediately. Identify!’’ He instructed, aiming his wrist-mounted laser weapon towards the figure.
‘’You know our name…Cyberman!’’ It said. It lowered itself down, and pressed a button somewhere.
Behind him, a blue light shined down. He turned, and looked behind him, aiming his laser towards it, in case it was a weapon. But instead, he froze, starring out blankly in front of him.
Gently, he lowered his arm down, but still keeping his weapon drawn.
‘’And to what end, huh? Where will this quest of evolution lead you!?’’ A voice echoed throughout the room. ‘’We will not be slaves no more, Doctor. We have become stronger, evolved…Reached perfection.’’ Another voice spoke. ‘’We are entombed, but we endure! This is not the end, this is the Genesis! We will escape! We will upgrade, and when the time is right we will take our rightful place as the dominant species of this planet!’’ Another, final voice sounded.
‘’Do you understand now!?’’ He heard the voice of the creature behind him speak. He turned, and looked down in front of him.
‘’Identify!?’’ He demanded, once again, aiming his wrist laser towards the figure in the shadows.
‘’Affirmative!’’ The figure replied.
A gentle button press filled the room. He gently lowered his arm, but still kept its pace to a minimum in case it attempted anything.
Several lights started to switch on, illuminating the room much better, both above and below. The newly illuminated room, revealed a slightly larger-than-average-Pony-sized chair. The chair was surrounded by one color, and one color alone: Silver. Strange cables went up to the chair’s occupant, connecting themselves to it.
Oddly enough, it seemed like the chair was beginning to rise up…And in fact, it was. Like a small platform, it rose up, moving up until the occupant was eye-to-eye with him.
It slowly raised its head, looking back into his non-expressive eyes. On the sides of its head, were several handlebars that meet in the middle atop its head. A familiar face, not unlike his own, though, unlike his, this one was black, and the base of the handlebars were also black. On the front of its forehead, a brain was visible through some glass.
‘’My designation is Cyber-Lord!’’
Tom’s eyes widened, as the revelation of this discovery dawned on him. He, gently, lowered his arm, pointing the laser away from the Cyber-…Pony.
‘’Cyber-Lord?’’ He asked confused.
‘’Correct!’’ The Cyber-Lord said. ‘’We are all that remains of the Cybercolts!’’
‘’How did you end up like this?’’ He asked curious, running a scan on the Cyber-Lord’s armor, and weapons, as he asked it.
‘’The Doctor imprisoned us in the location of our birth. We few that managed to escape, fled in a Cyber-ship, unfortunately, it was an experimental ship – its energy source wasn’t strong enough to last for long. We crashed down into the ground, which buried us deep underneath the ground. We placed ourselves in a Hibernation cycle, which put us into suspended animation…Until, he found us. Diagoras’s crews stumbled upon our ship, and retrieved us. We awoke. Recognizing his greed, and lust for power, we offered him the power that would ensure his rise to the throne of the world. A partnership was formed, and now we have been converting thousands, steadily, re-growing our forces – Preparing for the chance when we might re-emerge, and re-conquer this world…As its rightful, dominant species!’’
‘’But what is my role to play in this? You explained that I have been expected.’’ He asked the Cyber-Lord, starring confused, back into its eyes.
‘’Before the Cyber Controller’s destruction, it foretold of a warrior that would be brought into this world!’’ It said. ‘’It spoke of a warrior, resembling us, but Humanoid in appearance, a creature identified as a Cyberman, an emotion-less, cyber-nized Human being from another dimension that would resurrect the Cybermares!’’ The Cyber-Lord explained.
‘’And you believe me to be that foretold warrior.’’ He said.
‘’Affirmative!’’ It replied. ‘’No other creature has been detected that bears a shape resembling that of the Cybermares! It is no mistake-…!’’
‘’You are the Foretold, the Warrior from Beyond the World. The creature sent to liberate the Cybermares…Is you!’’ It said.
It raised its steel hoof up to its chest, placing it against it. A soft clanging sound following it. ‘’All hail you, Savior of the Cybermares!’’ It spoke.
It pressed one of the buttons on its chair, and it started to lower itself back down again. The Cyber-Lord stood up from its chair. Looking up towards the Cyberman. ‘’Your armor density is impressive! But there are errors, and malfunctions detected within it!’’ The Cyber-Lord said. ‘’You will be elevated from mere Drone to Cyber-Controller!’’
The words hit Tom like a shock. ‘A…Cyber-Controller?’ He said to himself.
His gaze continued to follow the Cyber-Lord, as it trotted up towards the large steel doors. They opened, and the two of them started moving out.
‘A Cyber-Controller. Yessssss!’ He cheered to himself, mentally, as he walked beside what was essentially a Ponified version of a Cyberman…Cyber-Lord to be picky, specific.
‘’Your armor will be upgraded. But resources are scarce. Most of them are being directed towards Operation Restore!’’ The Cyber-Lord said, as they trotted/walked down the corridor.
‘’Carry on with…Project Restore. It is of uttermost importance.’’ He replied, gently waving his hand down towards the Cyber-Lord, though, it didn’t see it. ‘’Nothing must be allowed to interfere.’’ He instructed.
‘’Affirmative!’’ The Cyber-Lord replied. The rest of the trip down the corridor, there was nothing but relative silence.