• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 510 Views, 5 Comments

Siren Bay - ZombieBrony22



It was quick, but the end was slow. Earth is gone, but Siren Bay rises from its ashes...

  • ...
 5
 510

Infected (Edited)

I was sitting at lunch, having my usual: Italian. I saw the three girls from earlier grab trays and take seats...

Next to me.

"Hello." I said calmly.

"Hello again." Adagio said.

We were silent until Sonata looked up to say something.

"How long have you been here?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, since kindergarten." I said.

"Sounds like you know the most about this place..." Aria said.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Do you happen to know where the principal's office is? We can't quite seem to find it." Adagio said.

"It's the fourth room on the right, near the end of the hall. You can't miss it." I said to them.

"Thank you." Adagio said.

Aria didn't say anything, and I think I heard Sonata say something, but she was already throat-deep in tacos.

After the bell rang, I saw Adagio and her sisters go to the principal's office. I went back to class, but then the announcements came on.

"Would Night Flier please come to the office? immediately..." Principal Starswirl asked.

I got up and went to the office. When I entered, Starswirl wasn't there. I searched the office up and down, but he wasn't there.


"That was when I should've known that something was up..." I said to the others.


Just as I was about to give up, I heard a voice behind me.

"Not so fast..." Adagio said.

I turned around and saw...


"Wait, so they took over the principal, then they took you into the other room and talked you into..." Rainbow started.

"...Yeah. It didn't seem so bad at the time, you know? But then I found out what they really were, and what they wanted." I said, struggling to wipe the memory off of my mind again.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea..." Sunset said.

"There's nothing we can do now. Except getting out of here." I said.

"How?" Sunset asked.

"Look around and grab anything useful. Food, water-- anything you can get your hands on. After that, the second that door opens again, we run." I said.

"What if we don't make it?" Zeypher asked.

"We will." I said.

"Even if we do, what'll we find out there? Military? People? I don't know what you saw back at your school, but we saw them take over the school. All of it. If it can happen out there, we're hopeless." Sunset said.

"Look, we're all scared, okay? All we can do is--"

The doors opened again and Adagio stood there with a gun in her hand. I grabbed a knife and hid it.

"Relax, people. This isn't for you-- unless you try anything..." Adagio said.

"Where did you find that?" I asked.

"Didn't you hear the crashes earlier? We had plenty of weapons, and a few survivors, actually." Adagio said.

"Soldiers? Pilots?" I asked.

"A bit of both, actually." Aria said, walking up behind her.

"What do you two want?" I asked.

"Why, we just wish to give you the nickel tour of what he have created in the past 2 days." Adagio said.

I looked back at the others and they saw this as I did.

The only chance we might have to escape.

"...Alright, Adagio. Show us what you did to our home." I said.


We walked outside and it took a minute our eyes to adapt to the bright sun. The first thing we noticed was that the wall was bright red. It was a sad sight to see, we saw students walking around with a form of a gun in their hands. Rifles, pistols, even a shotgun.

"We found a weapon box in one of the helicopters. It's a shame they stopped sending them." Adagio said.

We kept walking and I saw people lined up near the Canterlot Hotel.

"What's that?" Zeypher asked.

I know what that is...

"Oh, that? Let me just say, Night Flier? You might want to watch this..." Adagio said.

The girls' faces changed into disgust when they learned that meaning. Fluttershy seemed the most shocked.

"Just... just don't look." Button Mash said.

"You can't outlook it, Button Mash. It's everywhere..." Adagio said.

I kept looking and saw Aria find someone in the crowd. She took his hand and lead him into the hotel.

"Son of a bitch..." I cursed under my breath.

I caught up with the others where we saw a form of a statue being built.

"What's that?" Sunset asked in horror.

"This? This is simply a monument in our name. Think about it: A monument to outlast the rest... a monument to last a thousand years!" Adagio said.

"This is sick... you think it's love, but it's just some other form of mind control!" Rainbow cried.

"Rainbow, we can't stop this. Not now..." Zeypher said.

"He's telling the truth, you know... Now, all we need is for Aria to finish up in there..." Adagio smirked.

I turned back and saw a light from a window in the hotel. Memories came flashing back...

No. Not now...

"She'll just have to wait, please come. We still have the Barracks..." Adagio said.

"Barracks?" Everyone asked.

"You'll see." Adagio said.

We went to the Barracks-- A.K.A. The gym-- and were handed ear protection.

"Trust me, you'll need them..." Adagio said.

We put them in and when we entered, we saw students firing off weapons at the statue.

The Canterlot Statue-- the one leading to Equestria.

"Don't fret. We didn't go to Equestria, and we never will. In fact, we're destroying the portal as we speak..." Adagio said.

We kept walking when we saw a form of a gunsmith room.

"You'll be surprised on what we can bring out of people once they're under our spell. We can make them take up certain hobbies that they would've ignored before..." Adagio said.

I saw bullet casings piled up on a table. One of the students was casing the bullets.

That explains their waste of ammo. They always have more...

"Come on now, we don't have much time..." Adagio said.

We reached the Medical Bay, A.K.A-- the nurse's office-- where we saw the soldiers we were told about. Adagio grabbed one of the dog tags from one of the soldiers.

"Corporal... Welles? Well, you'll be in good hands." Adagio said, running her hand on his cheek.

It's Manehattan High all over again.

Only worse this time...

This time, it's everywhere.

"Well, we must go on with the tour, we have one more stop in mind..." Adagio said.

We followed them to what seemed like a massive wall around Canterlot.

No way in, no way out.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Oh? After the government learned that they couldn't stop us, they dropped this massive wall off. They locked us in, but we're working around it..." Adagio said.

Well, there goes our plan to escape.

There's nowhere to go...

"I see that this seems disappointing, but I have an offer to make." Adagio said.

"What?" Sunset asked.

"We thought about it, and... well... if you wish to... partake in our power, tell me." Adagio said.

No. That was my only thought.

"No. There has to be another way." I said.

"Well, we're not going to hold you anymore. Feel free to explore this place, make up your minds..." Adagio said.

I turned to the others, I saw a look in Sunset's eyes. Not of fear or sadness.

But one of realization.

Before she could step forward, I put my arm in front of her.

"Give some of us time to think about it. But one thing's certain: I'm not joining you if it's the last thing I do." I said.

"Suit yourself..." Adagio said as she walked away.

I turned back to the others.

"Okay.. now what?" I asked.