• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 917 Views, 36 Comments

Cool Story Bro... But mine has ponies! - Cool writer

  • ...
7
 36
 917

We're... Gonna Need a Montage

"... thirteen... fourteen... fi-" My dad fell to the ground before he reached the fifth push-up. I winced.

"These are supposed to be warm ups... not a full on work out. We're just doing flight exercises." I explained.

"I've been slacking on my work out, and the best way to be comfortable in your own body is to be fit!" Dad said back.

"I... don't think that works here."

"Well I think it does." He replied. I had to turn away to hide my eye roll.

"Alrightey then..." I said, walking off.

"While he's... 'warming up'... The rest of us will do some laps. Now, we're going for going as fast as you can, for as long as you can. So if you need to slow down, just slow down. But try to speed up again later, OK?"

"OK!" The class called back.

"ALRIGHT! 10 LAPS, GO GO GO!!!" I shouted, drill Sargent style. They launched into the air and started their laps. I turned to my dad... who had already started crunches. I sighed, and face hoofed.

"Dad, you're here to learn how to be a pony, not work out-" I said, only then realizing that I was literally making the class do a work out. "... you know what I mean. Just get up there and do your laps." I groaned.

"Excuse me?!?" He asked, angrily.

"Ok fine. Keep working out, but this meeting doesn't count... and so do the last 2 meet ups." I muttered, walking away.


I sighed, as I walked into the kitchen.

"We're home!" I called out. I felt hungry, so I decided to make myself a PB&J sandwich. I did that, my magic making it possible. People think that sitting in a chair for humans is uncomfortable, they'd be right. It's not the most comfortable thing ever, but it's tolerable. I sat down in the tolerable chair, and began to eat. Things taste so much better in this form. I might have said that before, but it's so true I need to say it again. Like a simple PB&J, it's OK or "meh" as a human, but to a pony's tongue, it's "Yowza!" I smiled at the sandwich, and took another bite. Suddenly, there was a loud raging groan from the backyard, and I turned to see my dad trying to bench press something with his wings.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, exasperated. Just then, my mom walked in.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I just pointed out side.

"He's been like this for a week now! He just won't stop!" I groaned.

"I wonder why?" Mom asked.

"You should go ask." I said to her. She nodded.

"I guess you're right, I mean, it can't be healthy to work out your body this much, is it?" She asked me.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say you're right, ponies defiantly get fatigue." I replied, looking at him. My dad dropped the dumbbells, and started breathing heavily. My mom nodded, and went out side and started talking to him. I didn't hear most of it, but mom explained what I needed to hear when she came back in.

"Aparently," She began. "Some puny guy at the gym was stronger than him." I suddenly had a theory.

"I'll be right back," I said to mom, walking out side and to my still panting father. "Hey, what race was that guy who was stronger than you?"

"Earth pony, why?" Dad panted.

...

......

............

.............................................................................

I want to scream, so loud right now.

"Dad, you wanna know why he was stronger than you?" I dead panned. Without waiting for a response, I continued. "It's because he's an earth pony! Strength is kinda their whole thing! They got farming, and strength, and that's it!" I said, walking off in a huff. "If you want to be stronger than an earth pony... you're gonna need a montage!!!"