• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 215 Views, 15 Comments

Crystals: Dancing While Equestria Goes to Tartarus - mlpsuperfan



Six ponies receive new powers from strange crystals. And no, it's not meth.

  • ...
5
 15
 215

2. Side effects may include sparkles and other strange occurences.

Pyrite watched the butter-yellow unicorn walk down the street, making sure that she wasn't seen. This particular pony had been carrying several gems around all day with no protection: surely a master thief such as herself could nab them. Smirking slightly, she dropped down from her hiding place and watched as the last rays of sunlight disappeared, leaving the two in a hazy twilight.

Suddenly, she attacked. Pyrite snatched the three gems with her rust-colored magic, only to have them be snatched back by her victim. Pulling more forcefully on the crystals, the two unicorns began to circle each other. "Look, we can do this the easy way, and nobody has to get hurt." Pyrite sneered, staring directly into the sky-blue irises of the mare opposite her. "Or you can resist, and make this very painful for you. Either way, I win."

"I'm not giving these to you." Replied the unlucky pony, pulling harder. Pyrite quickly exceeded her victim's strength, and would have gotten all three of the gems if that stupid blue stallion hadn't showed up.

"Hey! Stop that!" he shouted, momentarily breaking Pyrite's concentration. She quickly snatched one of the jewels and booked it, dashing through the streets of Canterlot until she reached her hideout.

Well that was a flop, she grumped, unlocking the door and pulling the chain back. I'm losing my touch. Tossing the gem onto her kitchen table, she rifled through several drawers for some inspection tools. Let's see exactly what this lady was so eager to keep.

_____

Sunstone sighed as the strange blue stallion helped them up. "Thanks for the help mister, but I had it under control."

"Really?" He asked curiously. "Cause it kinda looked like she was about to overpower you." He picked the two gems that hadn't been stolen and returned them. "I'm Blue by the way, Blue Topaz."

"Sunstone," They replied. "And yes, I was going to be fine. But I suppose you deserve something for helping me out." Digging through their satchel, Sunstone eventually sighed and gave him one of her mystery gems, noting the faint sparkle when he touched it.

"No, please. You don't need to give me anything," said Blue. "Besides, I didn't even manage to stop the thief."

"Nope, you're taking my gift and that's final." Replied Sunstone, plopping the gem into his hoof. "Nice meeting you, see you around, etcetera." Turning, they trotted off, leaving behind a slightly confused stallion.

_____

Day 2

_____

The next day, Sugar woke up extra early to make sure she got everything ready on time for the breakfast rush. As she trotted downstairs however, she heard a strange sound.

cling, cling, cling

She hurried up a bit to see what was going on, and the sound started going faster as well.

clingcling, clingcling, clingcling

Sugar stopped suddenly, and the noise stopped too. Looking down at her hooves, she realized they were see-through. Clinking her way down, she stopped in front of a mirror, and could barely believe what she saw. "Oh....my....Celestia. I'M ALL CRYSTAL AND SHINY!!" She laughed. Then she noticed the gem that Sunny had given to her. It was stuck to her cheek, and no matter how she pried at it, it wouldn't come loose. "Why can't I get it off!?" She cried, finally starting to panic. "Why is it stuck?!!"

_____

Black Jasper woke up to somepony pounding on his front door. Stumbling out of bed, he realized that the sun had just risen and his brother was fluttering frantically outside using one hoof to cover his mouth. Jasper sighed and opened the door. "What is it this time Quartz?" He said sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

Crystal Quartz dashed into the house as quickly as possible, slamming the door shut behind himself. "What is going on Quartz?! Even you don't get this worked up about stuff! What's wrong?"

"Muh vooch iz aal queeky." He mumbled around his hoof, which was still pressed tight against his mouth.

Black Jasper cocked his head curiously. "I have no idea what you're saying. Calm down, take your hoof off your mouth, and tell me what's wrong."

"My voice is all squeaky..."

"Quartz, I can't help unless I know what's wrong. Could you speak up please?" Jasper repeated calmly.

"I said my voice is all squeaky!" He yelled, then slapped his forehooves across his mouth. Jasper stood motionless for what seemed like an eternity... then burst out laughing. His brother sounded like a little filly; how could he not laugh?

Then he stopped, noticing something else was off about Quartz. "Hey, what's up with your shoulder?" There appeared to be a chunk of white rock stuck to his brother's right shoulder.

"Oh yeah, that." He replied indifferently. "That was there this morning. It looks sorta like the gem Sunny gave me, right?"

Jasper snickered. "I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously with that voice- wait, the gem?" He recalled the unicorn leaving a gem here before leaving. "Hold on, she just gave you a mysterious magical gem?!"

"Um, Jasper..."

"Without knowing what it could do to you?!"

"Jasper?"

"AND NOW IT'S LODGED IN YOUR SHOULDER?!?"

"JASPER!" Quartz yelled.

"WHAT?!?!" Jasper screeched back.

"You have a gem too, and I think it sprouted wings."

"Don't change the subject, that madmare is using you as- what?!" Jasper stopped his rant and looked back. Sprouting from a dark gem embedded into his back were a pair of sparkling crystal wings, stretching easily twice the wingspan of a normal pegasus. Jasper's next course of action was perfectly reasonable, and you would probably do the same if you suddenly sprouted wings.

Black Jasper turned around, sat down, and fainted.

Author's Note:

Fun fact: Pyrite's favorite animals are cats because they're asses like her. Not her reason, but it's mine.

Crystalline madness has begun. Who's excited!?
*crickets*
Fine, be that way.:trixieshiftleft: