• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 1,342 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Girls (New Timeline Version) - Jongoji245



Even in an alternate timeline, some things never change. When Twilight's crown is stolen, she has to get it back from an unknown world in three days. Fortunately, she won't have to complete here journey alone.

  • ...
8
 0
 1,342

Screwball's OC/Theft of the Crown

It was a few months after the announcement at Canterlot, and the inhabitants of Ponyville gathered around the train station. Ever since Twilight has been ascended into the title as Princess, Ponyville has gained quite an interest as it added this monumental event to its grand history. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy lined up at the train station as Mayor Mare walked forward.

“Princess Twilight, as Mayor of Ponyville, I wish you the best of luck in the Princess Summit.”

“Please, Mayor, call me Twilight.” She answered back “But thank you for your blessing.”

“All aboard for the Crystal Empire!!” Announced the conductor.

The citizens cheered as the Elements boarded the train. With a few strained thrusts from the train pistons, the locomotive began its journey north towards the subarctic regions of Equestria.

Meanwhile, the view of the world is seen through a looking glass in what appears to be another dimension. Compared to Equestria, this dimension is much more nonsense. Gravity is almost nonexistent, soft objects are hard, water is as thin as air, sweet things become sour. This dimension could only be home for a being of chaos… or two…

In an ordinary house, the only thing natural in an otherwise chaotic world, Discord sat on a table watching the train continue its journey through the looking glass. With a slow chuckle, he turned back to his daughter, who was sitting across from him.

“This is all too familiar, isn't it, Daddy?” Asked Screwball before shifting her swirly eyes to her father.

“Indeed,” With a snap of his bird talon, the Draconequus turned the table top into a chess board “and now we can play it once again.”

Another snap of his fingers revealed their chess pieces, the tops of each had a resemblance to a particular Pony. Screwball was missing one important piece: her King.

Discord looked to find that his King piece resembled that of Sunset Shimmer.

“Looks like we are missing a piece.” he said before looking underneath the table.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make one of my own.” In her brain, miniature versions of Screwball were hard at work at designing her own chess piece.Hair designers came up with a simple orange hairpiece, working with the body designers to come up with a red violet robe with orange sleeves wrapping around a red-brown body. Looking at the design, one duplicate wearing a visor and glasses bit down on her left hoof, blowing on it as she raised the other before a thumb sprouted from her hand. Inputting the designs with the project name “Roma Candle” in a 3D printer deep in her ear canal, the machine then was hard at work as judging from Screwball’s strained expression until a light bulb popped out of her head and shined. Taking a cotton swab she dug deep into her ear, pushing out a rather small piece of wax from the other side. She sets it on the chessboard, transforming it into an ivory black.

The Draconequus soon took out a cup full of straws.

“Shortest straw makes a free move.” he says before pinching a yellow straw. His daughter pinched the green one before they both pulled it out. Discord’s straw was much shorter than his daughter’s.

“Game twister, you get the first free move.”

“Thanks, Daddy.” Screwball thanked with pleading eyes “Our story starts in the evening, just before your King piece arrives.”


The chess board soon materializes into a more urbanized location. There wasn’t much wilderness, though the mountain range nearby was quite a sight to see. At what appears to be a schoolyard, a young woman, around her late teens walking to a horse statue. She stops and sits down, her back right at one of the reflective surfaces at the base.

“No one will ever appreciate me. I had one shot over the summer, and now it’s ruined.” Roma looks up at the moon as it slowly rises in the sky “Oh, send me a sign…”

Just as she laid her back on the statue, the moon, strange enough, glistened before the mirror apparently sucked her whole as if it were a sponge. The only evidence, a loud yelp, quickly died out.


72 Hours Remaining

The train finally reached its destination in the Crystal Empire. It was a half hour before the Mane Six and Spike walked off the train and reached just near the Crystal Palace.

“Hoo-wee! Your very first princess summit.” Said Applejack as she walked beside Twilight - “You must be over the moon, Twilight.”

"Oh, I am excited." Twilight replied before giving an uncertain look "But, to be honest, I'm a little nervous, too."

“You're 'nervicited'!” Shrieked Pinkie, much to her audience’ confusion, before bouncing up and down “It's like you wanna jump up and down and yell ‘YAY ME!!’” - she then curled up into a ball and rocked back and forth “But you also wanna curl up in a teeny-tiny ball and hide at the same time!” with a set of mechanical noises, and robotic motion to match, Pinke returned to her former form before zipping to Twilight and giving her a noogie “We've all been there!”

“I'm there almost every day.” Added Fluttershy

“You've got no reason to fret, Twi.” Applejack reassured before she raised a hoof “Everything's gonna be just–”

“TWILIGHT!” Rarity interrupted before holding Twilight’s head “Oh, sorry, darling, but I just realized you're not wearing your crown.” - She brings her face to her own “You haven't forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?”

Twilight then motioned Rarity to look at her right.

“It's in my bag.” - She answered with Spike giving the bag a soft tap - “Just feel a little self-conscious about wearing it.” Twilight spread her new pair of appendages with an uncertain look on her face - “Haven't really gotten accustomed to these yet, either.”

Flapping her wings, Twilight ascended into the air for a couple seconds at most before flopping on the ground. A testament that she would need a lot of practice before mastering flight, and the freedom it’s worth.

Rarity still felt positive about Twilight’s next step in life. “You are a princess now, Twilight. Embrace it! I'm telling you, if I had a crown like that, I would never take it off. Why I'd sleep in the thing.”

After a playful roll of her eyes, Twilight and company walked towards the entrance to the Crystal Palace.

Roma Candle opened her eyes to being in a dark room, her vision fuzzy for while before becoming clear. She rose up for a moment before losing her balance and falling into a pile of knick knacks.

“Oh…” She groaned while rubbing her head “What happened? First I was at the statue, then…”

Lowering her hand, Roma found that it was just a circular object of nail and hair. Looking at her body showed much more hooves as well as a lack of clothes. She approached the mirror, revealing that she was an equine being.

“Halt!” Roma turned around to find Shining Armor illuminating the room “What is your business here?” - Roma flicked her eyes around, trying to find an excuse as the horned stallion approached her - “I’ve asked you a question.”

“Housekeeping!” She piped up, picking up a small broom and dustpan “I was just checking to see if this needed cleaning.”

That only received a more scrutinized look from him.

“No one is allowed in this room.” He added before leading her out into the crystal halls of the Castle.

“Where are we?” She asked as Roma looked around the amazing architecture.

“The Crystal Castle in the northern reaches of Equestria.” Shining answered before stepping forward “Are you okay?”

Roma kept looking around before noticing six mares and a young dragon walking down the hall.

“Ma'am?”

“Oh, I'm okay. I'll get back to work.” Grabbing her broom and dustpan, Roma galloped off.

Shining, still uncertain of this stranger, shook his head. “What a strange Pony?” He remarks before returning to his guard duty.

Twilight and her friends entered Cadance’s throne room before two columns of Crystal Earth Ponies announcing their presence with fanfare. Being a Princess, Twilight walked forward on the red carpet, looking around as she felt both excited and nervous about the summit beginning. Her attention changed when she bumped into Flash Sentry once again.

“Her highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” Flash Sentry announced.

Princess Cadance chuckled before walking to her sister in law. “Twilight! I haven't seen you since the coronation!”

“We have so much to discuss. But it can wait until later today.” - Princess Celestia added before motioning her hoof - “Now, to your chambers, all of you.”

With that said, the posse turned around and walked towards their living quarters for the summit.

Roma Candle looked around this unusual world ruled by sentient Ponies, occasionally disguising herself by sweeping in front of the guards.
“This is incredible!” She remarked as she looked at the great architecture before her eyes spy a clock, with the hour now on seven

“Shoot! School is going to start. I'll have to come back later. ” She stops and begins to ponder “But what if that portal is just a one off kind of deal? I need to bring a-”

The stranger suddenly collided with Twilight, both falling back on the floor. Roma recovered first, getting first eye contact with the new Princess. As Twilight rubbed her head, the stranger thought of an idea when Applejack stepped forward.

“Hey, y’all okay?”

“I’m fine, Applejack, I-” Suddenly Twilight was hugged by the strange Pony.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you there!” Roma then walked towards the bag “Here let me help you with that.”

Roma tried to grab the handle of the bag, but with only large finger among four to use, it was easier said than done. Noticing Fluttershy holding her bag with her teeth, the stranger then resorted to craning her head down, biting on the handle, straining her neck muscles to lift it back up. The other guests gave each other looks before Twilight continued onward down the hall.

Upon arriving at her room, Twilight turned around.

“It shouldn’t be long, girls.” she says before entering her room and closing the door.

“Did that pony act strange to you?” Asked Rainbow Dash, receiving her answer in nods and raised eyebrows, especially from Applejack.

Twilight walked up to a mirror in a corner of her room while her small companion set up his cat bed. Roma Candle placed the bag down before looking at the Princess.

“You wouldn't mind if I placed your clothes into the dresser?” She asked, turning the Alicorns attention away for a moment.

“Uhm, sure, though there isn't much to put away.” Twilight answered before looking at the mirror once more and sighed.

Noticing his sister’s worry, Spike stopped assembling his bed and walked over to Twilight. “What's wrong, Twilight?”

“I don't know, Spike. I'm just... worried, I guess.” Twilight turned around to face her companion - “Princess Cadance was given the Crystal Empire to rule over. What if, now that I'm a princess, Celestia expects me to lead a kingdom of my own?”

“That would be awesome!” Spike answered, balancing on his tail with arms and legs stretched.

“No, it would not! Just because I have this crown” - Again she referred once more to her wings “and these wings, it doesn't mean I'll be a good leader!”

Unaware, Roma Candle made a second trip to the bag, her eye catching a twinkle from a jewel.

“Aw, sure ya will, Twilight.” - Spike reassured her - “You’ve lead us through thick and thin, magic from the Elements or not. You would make a terrific leader-”

As Spike continued his talk with Twilight, Roma Candle opened the bag a little wider, revealing the Crown and the Element of Magic for the first time in her eyes. Having heard what this relic has done at earshot gave her an idea by the time Spike was finished and given a hug from Twilight.

“All your clothing has been packed away, your Highness.” She said in a straight tone.

“Thank you.” Twilight said before dismissing her.

Roma bowed before walking backward out of the chamber. Spike raised an eyebrow before turning back to his sister. “Did she act a little suspicious to you?”

Indeed, after closing the door, Roma turned around and reached around her neck. She actually balanced the Crown behind her neck. She brought the jewel to her view.

“This will make them believe me!” She said before getting up. Holding the piece with her teeth, she looked back to see if anyone was following her.

“Hey!” Roma turned to find Applejack right in front of her “Whatcha doin’ with that Crown?”

Roma applied her weight on her right leg so she could hold the Crown with the other. “I was returning it to Princess Twilight.” She said.

The apple farmer leaned her neck forward. “Who is in the door right behind ya…”

“Oh, right I forgot to give this a polish. I’ll just-” The stranger’s advances were blocked by Applejack as she stared at her. Roma’s eyes fluttered a little as the farmer's scowl became intense, not noticing Roma’s hoof wrapping the Crown even tighter.

Back in her chambers, Twilight heard a clang followed by a loud thump from outside. She peeks out of the door, spotting a collapsed Applejack, with Roma Candle holding the Crown with her teeth.

“My crown!” Roma darted off with Twilight taking chase, alerting the others out of their rooms “She's got my crown!”

Roma dared not look back, as she did not want to be subject to whatever punishments they would give should she be caught.

“Stop! Thief!” Shouted Twilight as both her and the Pony she was pursuing turned a corner. Soon she was joined by the others, including Applejack, who now had a bruise on her head.

Shining Armor was just finished inspecting the strange chamber when he found Roma rushing towards him with his sister's Crown.

“Stop!” he ordered as he lit up his horn. Roma reflexively sledded on the Crystal floor when the male Unicorn shot out a blast, just missing Fluttershy.

Just sliding underneath him, Roma just barged passed the door to the chamber of the mirror, at a home stretch when a lasso wrapped around her tail. With a quick yank and a yelp, she flung the Crown across the room and into the mirror.

After being pulled back into the hall, Roma was met with the angered faces of the natives. Twilight took notice of the absence of her crown from her teeth. “What did you do with my crown?” She asked

Roma’s eyes flicked around before focusing on the young dragon. With a quick reflex, the thief grabbed Spike, holding one hoof on his head and the other on his neck.

“Stay back!” Roma orders “I don’t want to do this!”

As she shuffled back into the room of the mirror, the others stepped forward, Shining Armor, in particular, held a hoof up.

“Okay, just calm down, Miss.” He said in a desperate attempt to save Spike from certain death “We won’t hurt you.”

“Yeah, just pin you to the ground until you tell us where the crown is!” Said Rainbow Dash

“Rainbow!” Berated Applejack.

Roma was now one back roll away from entering the mirror.

“Please, just give the dragon to us…” - Shining Armor asked again - “and we won’t hurt you.”

Even with the calming tone, Roma wasn’t at all convinced, and with one last push from her back legs, she made contact with the mirror.

“Twilight!” Spike screamed as both he and her kidnapper were somehow absorbed into the looking glass.

“Spike!!!!” They all screamed.

As the echo died down, Twilight began to tear up when her brother embraced her.

“We have to report this to Princess Celestia.”

And indeed they have, for a good ten minutes they were in the middle of a conversation in the throne room, with Celestia sitting on the throne.

“Then she jumped back and took Spike with her.” Said Rainbow Dash

“It was so crazy,” - Pinkie added before showing the Princess’ a crude crayon drawing of Roma Candle warping into the portal with Spike - “I’ve even made a picture just before we came to talk to you.”

Princess Luna looked at her sister, “Could it be that one of them has returned?”

“By the description, I’m glad it isn’t.” Celestia answered before rising off the throne and walking towards the door “But that still leaves what this visitor has done.”

As she walked by the Elements of Harmony, Twilight took a glance at her friends before joining up with her mentor. “I don't understand. Where did she go? Why did she take the crown?”

“You'll soon know more about this place than even I do.” Celestia answered as they exited the room and walked down the hall, soon arriving in the room of the Crystal Mirror.

“As fancy as this mirror is,” Rarity asked, admiring her reflection “What’s so special about it?”

“This is no ordinary mirror.” Luna answered “It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons.”

Pinkie placed a hoof on the surface, causing it to ripple and shine, “Sparkly!”

Slightly bemused, Luna levitated the pink hoof away, dragging Pinkie back towards the others.

“After Star Swirl first used it, we had it sent here to be watched over.” Celestia adds, “After the Empire was liberated from Sombra, I had feared one of these days, something would enter this world, and I was right.”

“Twilight,”- Cadence walked over to her sister in law - “you must use the mirror to go into this other world and retrieve your crown. Without it, the other Elements of Harmony have no power and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defense.”

“Your crown does not belong in the place the thief calls home.” - Celestia added again - “She may not know how to use it, but when she does, your Element of Harmony will no doubt be used to bring harm to the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves.”

Twilight stepped close enough to the mirror to see her reflection, not paying attention when she felt something on her back. Looking bag, she found her saddlebag was now on her back, containing the items needed for her adventure, money being chief among them.

“You understand the importance of your task? Celestia asked once more.

“Of course.” Twilight answered

“Good. Then you must go at once.”

Taking a deep breath, Twilight stepped towards the mirror when Rainbow Dash landed in front of her, surprising everyone.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Rainbow Dash was joined by her friends, ready for another adventure “She's going, we're going with her. Right, girls?”

“Oooh! I'm so 'nervicited'!” Said Pinky as she tried to contain her joy.

“You do realize that's not a real word, right?” Applejack addressed, though that didn’t even make her pink friend draw her attention to her.

Twilight was just in the middle of smiling when her mentor stepped forward.

“I'm afraid I can't let you go.”

“What?! Why not?! Spike did!” Rainbow lashed out

“Spike was sent there on accident. But sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back. This is something Princess Twilight must do alone.”

“Time is of the essence.” Luna addressed before showing an image of a rising moon “On the third day, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return.”

Twilight became scared at the thought. Three days could go by fast before she’d know it and she and Spike could be trapped in there for quite a while.

“Go get ‘em, Twilight!” Rainbow cheered.

“Oh yes, we have the utmost confidence in you!” Added Rarity

As they cheered, Twilight walked towards the mirror, just a nose hair away from entering. Looking back, Celestia nodded, confident that her student would be able to achieve victory. Halfway to the portal, Twilight saw a large tunnel with a bright light at the end. Suddenly the forces of the portal distorted her body before pulling her in. Twilight screamed as she spun around, faster and faster before closing her eyes as she reached the blinding light.

Then there was darkness and silence.

“And so the game begins…” A familiar voice chuckled...