• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 1,338 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Girls (New Timeline Version) - Jongoji245



Even in an alternate timeline, some things never change. When Twilight's crown is stolen, she has to get it back from an unknown world in three days. Fortunately, she won't have to complete here journey alone.

  • ...
8
 0
 1,338

Entering the Competition

Twilight leaned back to the glass doors across from the entrance. Turning around, she found several students grouped together eating a variety of foods. Upon entering, her nostrils takes in various scents, many of which she hasn't even smelt before. Twilight walked inside, many students she could recognize as her kind’s duplicates. At one point, she spots Sunset and Cosgrove sitting at a table with three others before approaching them, breaking their conversation.

“I know we've just met, but you wouldn't mind me sitting with you?”

Sunset and Cosgrove looked at each other before they looked at Chesley, Zipper, and Diver, who each gave a nod.

The Hipparion’s duplicate stretched a palm, “Be our guest.”

Twilight sat next to Chelsey and Diver. She looked at each of their features. Chelsey, whose Equestrian counterpart is a Horse, had the same proportions as Twilight and Sunset despite being a freshman. Zipper, despite being a Sleipnir in her world, did not have additional limbs but made up for that with having twelve fingers total. While just about eat a hotdog, Diver couldn't help but notice Twilight look at her physique.

“Got a problem with the way I look?” She hissed.

Immediately, Twilight looked forward. “No, not at all. It's just… What is that you're eating?”

“What?” Chelsey lifted up another hotdog to Twilight “Never had a hotdog?”

Spike was attracted to the smell of the cylindrical food, taking a whiff so deep that it got lodged in his nose.

“Is it good?” Twilight pulled it out of the dragon dog's snout, giving them an embarrassed smile.

“If it wasn't, we wouldn't be eating them.” Said Diver as she crammed a hot dog into her mouth.

“We're training in case the Friendship Games has a hotdog eating contest.” Added Chelsey as she took in another hotdog.

“Which is moot.” The group turned their attention to Sunset “Only Seniors can enter the games and by the time you four become such, the games won't premiere.”

Diver immediately stopped chewing, beginning to growl as she took in the information.

Cosgrove raised his hand, “Three, two, one.”

“What the hell was the point of eating these hot dogs then?!” Diver roared, spitting out the half-chewed meal in her rage. Twilight watched as girl supported her head with one arm, looking furious before turning her head to Chelsey “How many did we eat?”

“Lost count.” Chelsey turned to Zipper “How many have we had so far today, Zip?”

“Twohundredfiftyandthatswitheverything.”

Twilight's tummy began to rumble again as she looked forward, seeing Cosgrove gnawing at a flat, red piece.

“Is that… wood?”

Cosgrove uttered a few indistinguishable words before manipulating his lips so that he could see what he ate in front of him.

“This is beef jerky.” He answered while smacking the spice from his lips “It's hard like wood, but very-”

“What’s beef?” Twilight cocked her head.

The group looked at each other, wondering what this person has been.

“Cow meat…” Sunset answered in an uncertain tone.

That made Twilight's eyes shrink. There are indeed duplicates of her friends here, carnivorous ones at that. Her fear was shaken again when her stomach growled. Sunset took out an apple and handed it to Twilight. Reassured that their diet isn’t consistent of meat, she calmed down.

“You know, speaking of competitions, I've decided to run for Princess of the Fall Formal.” The group was somewhat taken aback by this “Why wouldn't I?”

“Trixie is running for princess also.” Sunset leaned forward “And let me tell you, signing up right now would really make her cranky.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie demands more French fries!!!” The magician roared, getting everyone's attention. Immediately Snips and Snails got up and ran off, returning with a new tray of the diced potatoes. Taking a bite of one of them, she immediately spat it out “The crunchy kind, none of this soggy junk!”

“I have to try!” Twilight rebuked.

“Good luck with that.” Cosgrove rose to his full height “You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you instead of her: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers…”

“Why is everypony–” Spike smacked Twilight in the head before curling into his backpack “Uh, everybody separated this way?”

Chelsey leans right to address Twilight, “Maybe it was different at your old school, but at C.H.S., everybody sticks to
their own kind.”

The Pony in apes clothing looked at each designated group of students before asking them, “Which group do you belong to?”

They took a look at each other before Zipper flat out said, “Noone.”

“Well not if I can help it!” In one quick motion, Twilight bit down on the apple, happily chewing on it when she opened her eyes to the now disgusted group before she held the apple with her hand “So, uh, where would I find the head of the party planning committee?”


The following hour, Twilight followed her lunchmates instructions to the gymnasium. The room appeared to be set up for the occasion, with the bleachers pulled back, and the area littered with balloons, confetti, and resting tables. But no one around to find.

“They said she'd probably be in here.”

“Incoming!” The only warning Twilight was given before streamers fell to the floor, quickly wrapping her and Spike like a mummy. She stood up to see a pink haired individual pulling a loose balloon and began to blow on it.

“Hi, my name's Twilight Sparkle and…” Twilight ducked as the person turned around with a balloon still in her mouth, recognizing her features - “Pinkie Pie?”

Startled, Pinkie releases the balloon, releasing the air she had so laboriously spent before sliding to Twilight's left and clutched her shirt.

“Are you psychic?!” Pinkie gasped as she got her face very close to Twilights.

“Uh, no. I don't think so.” While still in an uncomfortable position, she eyed away from her pink assailant “Unless, of course, that's something you can do here.”

Pinkie relaxed before releasing Twilight “Not usually.”

“Sunset Shimmer said this is where I'd find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee.”

“Sunset Shimmer, huh?” Pinkie asked in an upset tone “Don't let her Maximal pack appease you. They can be real meanies.”

“Maximals?” Twilight was just about to place a finger on her chin before gasping “They aren't friends with you?”

Pinkie Pie shuffled backward with her body bent back.

“Waited a bit to get your name on the ballot, huh? Dance is day after tomorrow.”

“I'm brand new here.”

“Oooh!” The Party Planner leaned forward “I thought you didn't look familiar. Though, now that I'm really lookin' at you…” She then examined the stranger high and low before stepping back “Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?”

“Uh, maybe?”

“Thought so.” Pinkie reached into her hair before pulling out a clipboard “Anyhoo, just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown.”

Twilight was very uncertain about this. In her world, she would use her magic to levitate an ink quill or have Spike write for her. And now just having learned how to move her hands did not imply mastery of writing with them. But she grasped the pen with a full hand and scribbled her name on the board before taking it off.

“Wow! You have really bad handwriting.” Pinkie lowered the clipboard “It's like you've never held a pen before.”

Twilight gave a nervous chuckle, “Is it?”

Suddenly, the doors slammed open, revealing a girl wearing a denim skirt, a white shirt with green shoulder tops and a Stetson carrying a case of cider.

“Somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?”

“Oh! Oh! Me, me-me-me, me, yeah, ha-ha, me!” Pinkie happily cheered as she bounded towards Applejack.

Wiping the sweat from her brow, AJ took a bottle, popped the top off, and began to drink.

“Can you bring in the rest, Mac?”

On cue, Big Mac’s human counterpart brought over three cases of apple cider.

“Eeyup.”

Applejack downed half of the bottle when she noticed the strange face, “Hey, I know you.”

Twilight gulped, “You do?”

“Sure. You're the new girl who gave Gilda the what for today.” Applejack took her time drinking the rest of the bottle.
Pinkie Pie waved the clipboard while bouncing a balloon twice her size “Twilight Sparkle here is gonna run against Trixie for Princess of the Fall Formal.”

That sentence ringing in her ear, Applejack choked on some of the fluid, taking a while for her throat to gain some traction.

“Ah'd think twice about that. Oh, sure, she'll probably approach you all friendly like…” Applejack raised both her hands, posing them as if they were puppets “Trixie sure am lookin' forward to some friendly competition.” She said in a voice like that of Trixie’s “That's so good to hear.” She said in a voice like that of Twilight before balling up one of her hands “But then, here comes the backstabbin'.”

“Wow.” Feeling uneasy after hearing what Applejack described, Twilight rubbed her neck “Trixie has been tenacious.”

“Nonsense!” Rebuked a voice from the entrance. The three girls turned to find Roma Candle at the door, posed dramatically before stepping lively towards them.

Applejack curled a fist, clutching part of the table cover, “What business do ya have here, Roma?”

“Just my ears picking up the usual banter, two young adult girls fighting over for just a piece of jewelry.” She turned over to Twilight “And my ears have heard that she is running against Trixie.”

Twilight sighed, “Guess you are going to say that my chances are slim as well, right?”

“Oh no dear friend, I believe you completely.” - Roma walked Twilight away from Applejack and Pinkie Pie - “I know how blunt the honest ones can be”- Still in earshot, Applejack scowled at her as Roma releases Twilight before going into a dramatic pose - “that's why I had to leave them you know, they simply had no vision!”

Pinkie’s hair deflated a little, “We didn’t mean that…”

“Grand!” Roma turned around “Then we all agree that the only way for her to be Fall Formal Princess is, as they say, convince-”

“She wasn’t serious!” Applejack interrupted as she pulled Twilight away “She was thinking out loud, besides it's about time she went to her next class.”

“Well,” They turned to find a light tan girl with dirt blonde hair approaching them with a devious grin on her face “we wouldn’t want them to worry, would we?”

“Oh no, no” Whispered another violet-pink girl with black hair “They’d think something awful would happen to you!”

Applejack and Twilight backed away as the second new interloper cackled before given a back fist on the mouth.

“Who are they?” Asked Twilight

“Lorraine and Sierra, never mind them.” Roma looked behind her, trying to contain her anger “They just finished first quarter exams and not thinking clearly!”

Applejack crossed her arms as Big Mac joined her after loading the last of the crates, “Still, Ah suggest you leave.”

“Eeyup.” Agreed Big Mac.

Roma took in a deep breath, “As you wish.” - recollecting herself, she and her associates walked out of the gym before the former turned to address Twilight “Oh and if you change your mind about running for Princess, I’ll be happy to help!”

After the three left the gym, Pinkie’s hair shook on its own, then her back tinged and her hands flopped on their own.

“Even since Freshman Year, Roma and her amigas give me the hebbee majeebies.”

Applejack snorted, “Still, about the only girl in this school you can trust less than Roma Candle is Rainbow Dash.”

“Rainbow Dash?” Twilight turned away from the exit.

“She's the captain of, like,” Pinkie raised her arms up high “every team at Canterlot High.”

“She's also the captain of sayin' she's gonna do somethin' for ya, and then turnin' around and not even botherin' to show up.”

“Applejack, Pinkie, this is something I really need to do.” Twilight addressed one more time, trying to appease them.

Applejack calmed down before placing her hand on Twilight’s shoulder

“Suit yourself.” Suddenly, her eyes widened before placing a hand on her chin “Hey, how'd you know my name is Applejack?”

Now she was in for it; if this Applejack can tell the truth as easily as Twilight’s Applejack.

“Didn't you say?”

“Nnnope.”

“Well, it sure was nice meeting you both.” Twilight slowly backed away “I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.”

As soon as she went out the other exit from the gymnasium, Pinkie entered her skeptic mode.

“That one's tryin' to hide a secret, but I am totally on to her.” She leaned towards Applejack before whispering, “She's psychic!”

“Uh-huh.” Applejack raised an eyebrow “If you say so.”

Suddenly Pinkie’s ears started to bend back and forth then her eyes fluttered and her knees twitched before the door slammed open. The three occupants of the gym turned to find Trixie along with Snips and Snails.

“This looks terrible!” She berated before running inside and picking up a streamer “There should be more streamers near the stage and fewer balloons.” The magician popped a balloon with her nail before walking towards the tables.

“Yeah, streamers!” Added Snips as he pulled one to the point of breaking.

“And fewer balloons!” Snails tried to crush a balloon before falling to the ground.

Trixie picked up a bottle of apple cider, narrowing her eyes as she read the paper slapped on it.

“Fizzy apple cider? Ugh! This is Trixie’s coronation, not a hoedown.”

Applejack and Big Mac scowled at Trixie before the latter stepped forward. “Well, now, it ain't necessarily gonna be your coronation this time around.”

“Oh, is that so?” Trixie stepped towards the tall former student “You country folk really aren't that bright.” - She grabbed AJ’s hat and covered her face with it - “Must be why the other students say such awful things about you.”

Applejack barely contains her anger as her face flushed red.

“Obviously it's gonna be her coronation.” Trixie placed a hand on her chest “She’s running unopposed.”

“Not this time.” Pinkie Pie took out the clipboard once again - “The new girl, Twilight, just signed up!”

“What?!” Trixie snatched the clipboard away before scanning the gibberish under her name. Now with a new competitor, she stared straight ahead, looking furious.

“I know. Her handwriting is really bad.”

“Where is this Twilight Sparkle?” She said to herself as she drew a nasty sneer from her lips. Taking in a breath through her nostrils, she turned to Applejack, Pinkie, and Big Mac “Trixie looks forward to meeting the competition!”

She places the clipboard on the table before leaving.

Pinkie turned to Applejack with a “called it” look on her face.


As Trixie entered the hall, Roma was watching from the corner of a hallway notable for having a bad ceiling light before looking at her friends.

Lorraine was just finishing stuffing a cavity in her jaw with tissue paper. “Ooh, you busted my last baby tooth.”

“Then next time, keep your mouth shut!” Roma lashed out

“Why should we?” Said Sierra as she leaned on the locker “She didn’t fall for your little act. I say we go and get that magic - crown - thingy on our own.”

“I repeat Sierra, we don't know where the crown is.”

“Then why not simply make her tell us where it is?” Lorraine made a cutting motion across her neck “Or else.”

Roma immediately smacked her on the cheek, bruising it.

“Lorraine. If we threaten her, we'll put the others on alert.” Roma stamped towards her pink friend “They will watch our move and our cause will be lost! Now is that what you want?”

“N - n - no - er, of course not!” Lorraine pleaded before her back collided with an exit, falling over.

“Therefore, we must be calm and patient.” She turned around, cupping her hands into her cavernous sleeves “We will help Trixie win the title, And when she does... the power of the crown will be mine!”