• Published 18th Nov 2011
  • 10,084 Views, 287 Comments

Major Problems - asmariamoon



Can Trixie make what was previously a lie into a truth? And can she do it alone?

  • ...
10
 287
 10,084

Chapter 15: Party Time

Major Problems

By Asmaria Moon

Chapter 15

Party Time

Trixie had enjoyed helping Twilight build another book fort. They had named Twilight's fort Forte and Trixie's Fort B, and Trixie had enjoyed a good round of imaginary fortress defense with Twilight, where each tried to invade the other's fort with book "soldiers" while simultaneously defending their fort from the other mare's "soldiers", but before long, it was time to venture forth from their respective fortresses of knowledge and go to Pinkie Pie's party. So Twilight and Trixie started to trot across Ponyville's town square to Sugarcube Corner. Trixie was thankful it was mostly going to be only the friends she'd already made there. She didn't want to have to deal with too many ponies that didn't know her, Bon-Bon and her marefriend were all right, but Trixie had already experienced a run-in with a hateful pony once today, and she really didn't want a repeat of that anytime soon.

As if on cue, who should walk by the two unicorn mares but Honey Dew and her mother. Honey Dew waved excitedly to Trixie, who gladly waved back, but Honey Dew's mother only let out a huff of air and turned up her nose at the two. Trixie took some time to study Honey Dew's mother closer, so that she might avoid future run-ins with her. She was a grass green-colored earth pony, with a dark green mane and tail, almost the color of pine needles, tied back with hair ties. Suddenly, Trixie got an idea. "Say, Honey Dew! How would you like to go to a Pinkie party?" Trixie asked the filly.

"You mean a real live party thrown by the one and only Pinkie Pie? Oh, I've always, always, always wanted to go to one of her parties! Can I, Mommy? Please, please, please, pleeeeeaaaaaasssseeee?" Honey Dew asked, drawing out the last word as long as she could before needing to take a breath.

"Absolutely not! I won't let you go anywhere with that fillyfooler! You're already going to her next show, that's enough time around something so unnatural." Honey Dew's mother said.

"Ma'am, I would appreciate it if you'd stop using the F word to describe my marefriend and I." Twilight spoke up, glaring at the mare. "We are grown mares, not little fillies, and we are not just fooling around with each other, our love is as serious as any other." Twilight finished. Trixie smiled as she heard her marefriend standing up to Honey Dew's mother.

"Whatever. You are still not going to that party, young lady." the mare said to her daughter. Honey Dew let out a whimper, and her eyes teared up. "No! absolutely not! That won't work this time, Honey Dew!" the mare said, steeling herself against Honey Dew's protests. Honey Dew sniffled and pouted as tears streamed down her face. "Crying won't get you anywhere, little filly, so you best stop right now!" her mother said, but Trixie could tell she was beginning to weaken.Just one last push from the filly ought to do it.

Honey Dew looked up at her mother with big, tear-filled eyes, and said one word between her sniffling. "Please?" she asked.

The mare gave a sigh as she finally caved in. "All right. But what I said earlier still stands! If my filly comes back anywhere near as corrupt as you are, Miss... Roxy, was it?" the mare asked, directing her glare towards Trixie.

"Mommy! It's not Roxy, it's the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Honey Dew complained, horrified that her mother had gotten her idol's name wrong.

"Right, then. Miss Trixie. I swear I will personally chase you into the Everfree Forest in such an event!" Honey Dew's mother said.

"Trixie has told you before, ma'am, she doesn't aim to convert others to her way of thinking." Trixie said.

"Trixie, if we don't hurry, we're going to be late for the party." Twilight interrupted.

"The party!" Trixie exclaimed as she remembered. "Trixie is sorry, ma'am, she would love to stay and argue with you all day, but she cannot be late for her own party." Trixie said.

"I want you home by 6:00, Honey Dew!" the mare said, nuzzling her daughter before giving her a reluctant push towards Sugarcube Corner.

"Okay, mommy! Thank you!" Honey Dew exclaimed before trotting alongside Trixie and Twilight. "Please don't hate my mommy, Great and Powerful Trixie. She's mean to some ponies, but that's just cause she's afraid." Honey Dew said as she turned to watch her mother trotting off.

"Trixie doesn't hate her. She doesn't like the way your mother speaks to Trixie and Twilight, but she doesn't hate anypony." Trixie said.

"Lots of ponies fear what they don't understand. It's natural to be afraid of what you don't know. I like to explore the unknown though, make it so that I do know it. And when I get scared, I use the method Pinkie taught us. I laugh in the face of that fear, and it goes away. Like Pinkie said, you've gotta giggle at the ghostie." Twilight said. Trixie could hear her humming some tune to herself. Trixie smiled as they neared Sugarcube Corner.

"Hey, Trixie! Twilight! You're here! Good! Now the only ponies missing are Vinyl and Octavia!" Pinkie exclaimed, bouncing around the three newcomers excitedly as they entered the sweets shop. Suddenly, Pinkie stopped in midair and, as if suddenly remembering the laws of gravity, she came down on all four hooves. "Hey! I know you!" Pinkie said to Honey Dew.

"You do?" Honey Dew asked, confused because, though she had heard of the pink mare in front of her and how awesome her parties were, she had never actually met her.

"Yeah! You're Pine Needle's little filly, Honey Dew, right?" Pinkie asked, though it was obvious that she didn't really need confirmation of that fact.

"You know my mommy?" Honey Dew asked.

"Sure! I buy a Hearth's Warming tree from her every year. They're like, the best trees in Ponyville!" Pinkie said. "So what are you doing here? I thought your mom was, like, really opposed to stuff like mares loving mares."

"She is. I'm a huge fan of the Great and Powerful Trixie's though, so I convinced her to let me come. Plus, I've always wanted to come to one of your parties, Pinkie!" Honey Dew said.

"So everypony's here but Vinyl and Octavia? Have Lyra and Bon-Bon showed up?" Twilight asked.

"Ummm.... nope! I didn't know they were invited. I mean, I talked to Bon-Bon, but I didn't tell her anything but to ask you about it, and I didn't know you invited her and Lyra. Well, the more, the merrier! But I'd better go grab some more cups for the punch. It was nice meeting you, Honey Dew!" Pinkie said, bouncing back into the shop's kitchen. As Trixie, Twilight and Honey Dew walked into the room where all of Pinkie's parties here took place, they were greeted with warm hellos from the others.

"Everypony, this is Honey Dew. She's a fan of the Great and Powerful Trixie's. Honey Dew, these are Trixie's friends, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack." Trixie said.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Honey Dew said, smiling. Trixie had this many friends who supported her being with Twilight, plus four more on the way. This was further proof that Honey Dew's mother really didn't know what she was talking about when it came to mares who loved mares.

"Just a little filly, and already so polite! I daresay, one day you will grow up to be a fine lady of grace." Rarity said.

"So you finally found yourself a fanfilly, eh, Trixie? Aren't they so awesome? Whenever you need an ego boost, just find a fanfilly, and they'll be sure to pick you right up!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Rainbow! Honey Dew looks up to Trixie, like Scootaloo looks up to you. You should never break the trust between fan and idol, especially not for something like a temporary ego boost." Fluttershy scolded.

"Yeah, yeah, 'Shy. Don't worry, it's not like I use Scoots just for that. Sometimes we just hang out and talk about stuff too, like the Wonderbolts and how awesome it'll be when I finally get to fly with them." Dash said.

"Yer Pine Needle's little filly, aintcha? Ya can't really decorate apple trees for Hearth's Warming so well, so the Apple family buys one a' her firs every year. A couple years ago, I was thinkin' a' plantin' the tree that year on tha farm somewheres, but Granny Smith argued that 'It's called Sweet Apple Acres, not Sweet Pine Acres, dagnabit!'" Applejack said.

"Hey, girls! Lyra and Bon-Bon just got here!" Pinkie said, coming into the party room with a tray balanced on her head, followed closely by Bon-Bon and an aquamarine unicorn who Trixie assumed was Lyra.

"Welcome to the party, girls! I'm glad you could make it on such short notice. I'm sorry that I didn't let you know sooner." Twilight said.

"That's okay, Twilight, we're just glad you invited us to your coming out party. We both know how big of a deal this is, and we're happy that you thought us worthy of being among the first ponies to know." Lyra said, smiling.

"Ummm, Trixie, what does everypony mean by 'coming out?'" Honey Dew asked. At this question, Twilight teleported a pair of cat-eye glasses from somewhere and balanced them on her nose, using her magic to tie her hair into a bun behind her.

"Well, Honey Dew, 'coming out of the closet', or coming out for short, is when a pony who has a different idea of love than most ponies decides that she's tired of hiding that idea from the ponies around her, so she tells her friends and family about her idea and what it means to her. It's a very subjective thing, which means that everypony who does it has a different way of coming out. Some ponies tell their family before their friends, others tell their friends before their family, some ponies don't come out for months or even years after they discover what their idea of love is, others come out just a couple of days after. It all depends on when the pony is ready, and what she wants to do." Twilight said. Trixie giggled at the nerdy way Twilight chose to answer Honey Dew's question.

"Is coming out hard to do?" Honey Dew asked.

"It's scary. Trixie was afraid that some of her friends might not want to be her friends anymore, but thankfully, Trixie has the best friends she could ask for, who didn't look down on her for her preferences." Trixie said.

Suddenly, there was a loud shout from the entrance to the sweets shop. "DJ Pon3 is in the house! The party can now begin!" Vinyl yelled.

"Shhhhh! Vinyl! You are so uncivilized!" Octavia scolded her.

Pinkie poked her head out into the main room, and exclaimed, "Hey, girls! Glad you could make it! We're in here!"

"Yo, Pinks! I brought my deck, in case you want some bucking awesome music!" Vinyl said, pointing with her muzzle to the three pieces of equipment on her back.

"Why in Equestria she chose to lug that heavy thing over here, I'll never know." Octavia said as she followed Vinyl into the party room.

"Well, duh! A bucking awesome party needs to have music to match! And all of my parties need to be bucking awesome!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Vinyl used her magic to pull her deck off her back and onto the floor, and began to hook everything together. She pulled a record case from the cabinet below one of the turntables, and used her magic to pull the record out and set it on the left turntable. "I made this last night. It's got a lot of my favorite mixes on one record, so no one has to man the deck." she said, pulling the mixer's slider to the left and hitting the play button. Music floated out of the built-in speakers on the front of Vinyl's deck.

"Oh my Celestia! I love this song! Neigh Doubt rocks so much!" Pinkie exclaimed, bouncing to the beat.

Octavia wandered over to Trixie and Twilight. "Hey, girls, I just wanted to say congratulations on finding somepony you're happy with. Vinyl and I are so happy for you, and..." Octavia's train of thought was interrupted when she spotted Honey Dew. "Oh, my, who's the little filly?" she asked.

"Oh, this is Honey Dew. She's a fan of Trixie's, so Trixie thought she might enjoy it here." Trixie said.

"Why hello, Honey Dew. I am Octavia, cellist extraordinaire and apprentice DJ." Octavia said, bending down to the filly's level.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Octavia." Honey Dew said.

"Awww, she's so cute, and polite as well. I have to say I'm jealous. I wish my fans were half as polite as yours. Instead, they all seem to merely put on a mask of politeness, but once you actually get to know them, they're rude as hay." Octavia said.

"You're jealous of Trixie's fans? Allow Trixie to tell you the story of two of the fans she made on her previous visit to Ponyville." Trixie said, and began to tell Octavia the story of what happened the day she lost her stage, ending her story with, "And all because two of Trixie's fancolts decided that they wanted to see some more magic."

"Oh, dear. Remind me never to complain about my fans again. They may be horrid snobs, but no one has ever brought a humungous monster in from the forest after being inspired by one of my concerts." Octavia said.

"Hey! Why aren't you girls dancing? This is a party, now get your flanks on the dance floor, ladies!" Pinkie exclaimed, popping out from behind Octavia and making all four of the ponies she was talking to jump.


Author's notes: I am extremely sorry about the lateness of this one... I just couldn't figure out where to go and wasn't even halfway done with the chapter. Plus, I may have been preoccupied by my updated technology. *pets her new XBox 360, which came with a free download of Halo: Reach*

Again, I'm really sorry for the lateness of this chapter, I was coming up short on inspiration at every turn, and was racking my brain so hard, I was starting to get a headache.