• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 1,787 Views, 43 Comments

A Displaced Monster And Machine - Prince_Zodiac



The fight against Xram is over, and now Gale and Lisa are starting a new life together.

  • ...
32
 43
 1,787

Chapter One: New Beginings


Chapter One: New Beginnings


{Lisa’s POV}

Gale and I stepped through the little trap door and it closed behind us. I looked around, and was mighty impressed. There were a couple rooms, each filled to the brim with stuff.

“Welcome to my house.” I nodded and took a closer look at each room. There was a bar, a game room, a room with a portal in it, and a room with a capsule. There was one last room, but it was empty. The entire place was lit up by glowing crystals, and the walls were dark blue. The floor kind of looked like it was made from glass, and wherever you stepped the floor would light up around your feet with a circuitry like design.

“Very impressive. But, what about that last room?”

“Hmm? Oh, the guys and I never found a use for it.” I walked into it and made a full turn. It was pretty spacious.

“Alright then, I’ll claim this as my room.” Gale nodded.

“Would be nice to fill this room up. An empty room is so bland in any house.”

“Well I’m going to need some stuff.”

“Hmm? Oh right. Well I live right above Ponyville so we can go to a mattress store and get you a bed, and Quills & Couches will probably have anything else we need.”

“Everything else?”

“Yeah, haven’t you seen it in the show? That’s the place where the false advertizing is actually a good thing. They sell everything!” I put a hand to my chin in thought.

“They do don’t they?” Gale nodded. “Well alright then let’s go!”

Time Skip Three Hours

“Well, I think we have everything I need.”

“You think so?” Gale was walking behind me carrying a mattress, a cabinet, and desk, balancing them all like a really impressive circus act. I meanwhile was using my tendrils to carry bags of clothing and other stuff, and Sonic, who I had just meet, was carrying some groceries. What? I’m a cook, I need food to master my new found hobby. Anyways, we were all heading back when suddenly.

“HI GALE!” I turned to see Gale, being caught completely off guard, trip backwards and everything landing on him. Pinkie was sitting at the front of the pile.

“Oops, he he.” Pinkie had a sheepish smile and was rubbing the back of her head.

“Oooooo, I think I broke my everything.” I rolled my eyes and helped Sonic get all of the stuff off of Gale.

“Dude you okay?” Gale nodded.

“Yeah I’m good, but I could definitely use a trip to my repair capsule now. Anyways, what did you want Pinkie?”

“Hmm? Oh yeah. I wanted to know who your new friend was!”

“Hmm? Oh! Pinkie, this is Lisa! Lisa, this is Pinkie.” I waved.

“Hello.”

“Hi! Wow I’ve never seen somepony like you before!”

“Well that’s because I’m not a pony, I’m a… actually, I don’t rightly know what I am.”

“Oh, weird. Well I just have to give you a welcome to Ponyville party! What kind of cake do you like?”

“Chocolate please.”

“Alright then! Don’t expect your party at any time, because it’ll be a surprise!” Pinkie ran off to make plans for the party. Gale picked up everything he was carrying, once again doing an impressive circus act, and we went home. Once we got home, we had to fit everything through the trapdoor. The hardest thing was probably the bed, but we managed. Then, over the course of a few hours, we put my room together.

“Well I don’t want to brag, but I think we did a fine job!” My bed was in the back corner of the room, and my desk was right beside it, and it also had a spinning rolling chair. My cabinet was on the other side of the room, and was filled to the brim with new clothes from Rarity. In the center of the room was a large black carpet, and there was another table with a stereo on it. I thought it was pretty impressive.

“Well now that that's done, what do you guys want to do?”

“Well, considering that Pinkie’s finished the party and is having everyone gather at Sugarcube Corner, I say we go there.”

“And you know this how?”

“Mind reading Sonic, mind reading.”

“Oh.”

“Sounds like fun! Let’s go!” I nodded and we all headed to Sugarcube Corner.


{Gale’s POV}

As we walked to Sugarcube Corner, I thought about something. Lisa was handling the loss of her world surprisingly well.

’I wonder how she deals with it.’

“I just focus on the happy things Gale.”

“What?”

“I just read your surface thoughts and I’m telling you I focus on the happy things. Besides, both Author and Marx are trying to find a way to get my world back. Marx even got Metal to help. Also, knowing Marx, he’ll find a way to get it back.” I nodded. That made some sense, Lisa just focused on the happy things, and the fact that no matter what, Marx would find a way to get her home back.

Meanwhile

”Marx, what the hell are you doing?” Marx was in a lounge chair, right at the edge of the rip in time and space that Xram had thrown Lisa’s world into, with a fishing pole in hand. He also had a fisherman’s hat with a few hooks in it.

“What does it look like? I’m trying to get Lisa’s world back!” Marx drew back the line, then threw it out into the rip. He then sat down, and waited.

”You’re, fishing for it?”

“Yes, I am. What? You got a better idea?”

”No I just-” Author was cut off when the line on the fishing pole tightened.

“Hold that thought I think I’ve got something!” Marx began to reel in whatever the hell he had caught, and Author just stood by and watched. After a moment or two, a universe flew out of the hole and back into the multiverse.

“Wow.”

”Was that hers?”

“Nah, that’s one she threw into a rip in time and space a while ago. But, if I pulled that out, what the hell else is in there?” Marx got a giddy expression on his face and threw out the line again. Author just rolled his eyes and disappeared.

Back To The Story

Pretty soon we had almost made it to Sugarcube Corner. As we were about to walk in, I heard somepony’s voice. I assumed it was Pinkie’s.

“Everypony quiet down! They’re here!” We walked into Sugarcube Corner, to find it strangely dark. Suddenly, lights came on and everypony shouted.

“SURPRISE!” Lisa looked around the pony filled room, to see a good portion of the town. Twilight and her friends were there, the CMC, Filthy Rich, Big Mac, the Cakes, Mayor Mare, Derpy, Doctor Whooves, Cherilee, and tons of others I didn’t know. I’m surprised so many ponies showed up.

“Wow, this is quite the crowd.” Lisa nodded.

“I know, I’m new here and yet already a lot of ponies have come to meet me.” Sonic walked up to us.

“How’d Pinkie fit so many ponies in here, with room to spare?!”

“Don’t question the mind of Pinkie.” Sonic gave Lisa and I a look as we both deadpanned that sentence simultaneously. He then rolled his eyes and then walked off to enjoy the party. I turned to Lisa.

“Ready to have some fun?”

“You know it!”

“Well then come on!” I took her hand and we ventured into the crowd and joined in the celebration.

{Lisa’s POV}

The party lasted a couple hours. We played all sorts of games, and ate all sorts of food. At one point, Gale transformed into an alicorn and had an eating contest with Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash won of course, but I was more focused on the fact that my boyfriend could become a pony. He noticed me looking at him in shock.

“What?”

“You… can transform into a pony?”

“Yep! And an alicorn no less.”

“How?”

“Long story, I’ll tell you some other time.” I nodded, satisfied with that answer for now. I then got an idea. During this whole thing Marx had stopped by for a “Party Break” as he called it. I personally think he was slacking off, but he was trying to get my universe back so I couldn't complain. Anyways while he was here he had told me about Gale’s adventure with his brother in the human world. I had been particularly interested in the part about him playing the drums.

“So, a little birdie told me that you could play an instrument.” Gale spit out the drink he was currently enjoying.

“Wait what? Who?”

“Marx.”

“Sly bastard. Okay yes, I can play.”

“Which ones?”

“Guitar, drums, bass… a lot of things. But, I can also sing.”

“Show me.”

“Oh alright.” He switched back into his normal form and ran out. Moments later, he returned with a guitar, as well as a few other ponies alongside him. Two of them were wheeling in a drum set. Gale gathered up all of the long tables together, making a temporary stage. He stomped his foot three times to get everypony’s attention.

“Alright alright, is everyone having a good time out there?” Everypony cheered, I did as well. “Good to here! Well as you all know this party is for the newest member in our community, Lisa!” I blushed as everypony turned toward me and either clapped their hooves or cheered.

“Okay well anyways, she found out that I can play quite a few instruments, and so she asked me to play. I, being a nice guy, happily complied and got this little band together. I’ve got the perfect song for this very special occasion. It’s called Shut Up And Dance and back where I’m from, it was by Walk The Moon. Now, is everypony ready?!” We all cheered in excitement, me especially. I loved this song, it was one of my favorites. The fact that Gale was going to play it just for me made my heart race. Gale nodded at the cheers, and started the song.

“Oh don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me,”

I said “You’re holding back,”

She said “Shut up and dance with me!”

This woman is my destiny,

She said ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

Everypony started to clap to the beat of the song, and I joined them. Gale looked at me as he sang the next part.

We were victims of the night:

The chemical, physical, kryptonite.

Help us through the bass and the fading light,

Oh we were born to get together,

Born to get together.

She took my arm,

I don’t know how it happened,

We took the floor and she said..

“Oh don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me,”

I said “You’re holding back,”

She said “Shut up and dance with me!”

This woman is my destiny,

She said ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

A backless dress and some beat up sneaks,

My disco-tech, Juliet, teenage dream,

I felt it in my chest as she looked at me,

I knew we were born to be together,

Born to be together.

She took my arm,

I don’t know how it happened,

We took the floor and she said…

“Oh don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me,”

I said “You’re holding back,”

She said “Shut up and dance with me!”

This woman is my destiny,

She said ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

Oh come on girl!

When Gale said that he jumped off the stage and rushed to me. He took my hand and we started to dance to the beat of the music.

Deep in her eyes, I think I see the future,

I realize,

This is my last chance!

She took my arm,

I don’t how it happened,

We took the floor and she said..

“Oh don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me,”

I said “You’re holding back,”

She said “Shut up and dance with me!”

This woman is my destiny,

She said ooh, “Shut up and dance!”

I decided to join in on the singing at this point.

“Don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me,”

I said “You’re holding back,”

She said “Shut up and dance with me!”

This woman is my destiny,

She said ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

Ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

Ooh, “Shut up and dance with me!”

The final notes were played, and everypony cheered like crazy. A couple ponies whistled and I hugged Gale.

“That was amazing!”

“He he, thanks.” He returned my hug and we smiled. Well, as close as we could get to smiling. It was the vibe thing again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the mane six, which I had already been introduced to.

“Wow Gale that was amazing!”

“I agree darling. It was such a romantic song.”

“And yet somehow it wasn’t slow or sappy, it was upbeat and awesome!” Gale chuckled.

“Thanks girls.”

“Where didja even learn ta play like that?”

“Well, I’m kind of a machine so it wasn’t that hard.” They all nodded in agreement. Gale then looked at me. “Well, we still have a party to enjoy. Shall we?” I nodded and we went back into the crowd.

Author's Note:

And this marks the first chapter of Lisa and Gale's newest adventure. Tell me what you all think about it!