• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 1,787 Views, 43 Comments

A Displaced Monster And Machine - Prince_Zodiac



The fight against Xram is over, and now Gale and Lisa are starting a new life together.

  • ...
32
 43
 1,787

Chapter Six: A Metal Problem


Chapter Six: A Metal Problem


{Third POV}

“HOO! That was one hell of a party.” Gale was carrying Lisa bridal style as he flew them back up to their house.

“Why is it that you get to have all the fun while I get stuck getting us clothes and a motel?”

“Because you’re the best?” Lisa just rolled her eyes and planted a kiss on Gale’s cheek. They finally managed to get to the floating shrine, and then opened the trapdoor that lead to their house. Once inside, Lisa got out of Gale’s arms and stretched. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, they were both tackled by the “gifts” Symbol had left them.

“What the hell?” Gale was extremely confused on what to think about the robotic lion that was on top of him. Lisa was also wondering why there was a robotic bird on her shoulder.

“Um, what are these?” To their surprise, the lion spoke.

“We’re gifts created by Symbol for the two of you. My name is Gregar.” The bird followed up on his companion’s introduction with his own.

“And I’m Falzar. It’s nice to meet you Lisa.”

“Well aren’t you a well mannered metal bird?” Lisa pet the top of her new pet’s head, causing it to coo happily. Gale looked at Gregar and smiled (as much as he could without a mouth anyways).

“Hey there buddy, nice to meet you.” Gale scratched Gregar behind the ear, causing him to purr happily. Lisa halted her petting and turned to Gale.

“So~... now what?” Gale shrugged.

“I suppose we just wait until tomorrow.”

“Wait, then why’d I get us a motel?”

“So we could stay overnight in my brother’s world. We’re probably going to have to watch the Twins too.”

“Why?” Gale gave her a look.

“Do you want their innocence to be ruined by the primal sounds of a pony and a dragon?” Lisa was about to questioned further till she realized what he meant.

“Oh. Yeah then that’s understandable.” Gale nodded. “Hey where’s Sonic?”

“In here!” The sounds of a videogame could be heard. From the music, it sounded like Sonic 06. Gale and Lisa walked in with their new pets to confirm this.

“Sonic? Why are you playing the game that should be burned in hell? Wait, why do we even have this game?!”

“Pinkie found it, played it, and then proceeded bang her head against the wall for a straight two hours. Then she bet me fifty bits that I couldn’t get through the whole game.” Gale nodded in understanding.

“You very far?”

“Nope, and I’m already wondering if this is worth the fifty bits.” Gale was about to agree with that statement, when he felt something. Everyone else must have felt it too, because Lisa froze and Sonic paused his game.

“Did you guys, feel that?”

“Yeah. What was that?”

“No idea Sonic, but I do suggest that we investigate.” With a nod, everyone ran out of the house and out onto the shrine. Gale picked up Lisa, bridle style, and took off. Sonic followed behind him in his super form, and Gregar and Falzar fused together, creating the Cyber Beast, which was basically a robotic lion griffin, and took to the skies as well. They were all headed to the Everfree, where they had sensed a portal open to a world of absolute chaotic, battling, madness.

“What do you think we’re gonna find?”

“No idea Lisa. I just hope it’s something we can handle!” Lisa nodded in agreement with her boyfriend’s statement. Gale then sped up, and Super Sonic and Cyber Beast did the same. They eventually came across a small group.

A group of Mobians and ponies.

“Tails? Cream?” The two tailed fox and rabbit looked up with shocked looks.

“S-Sonic?”

“Is that you?”

“GUYS!”

“SONIC!” Sonic flew down to the friends he hadn’t seen in what felt like hundreds of years and reverted back to normal. Everyone (except for Shadow, Omega, and Gamma) came together into a group hug.

“I missed you guys so much!”

“We missed you too Sonic!” They all separated and Sonic stood back, getting a good look at his friends.

“Damn, it’s been years since I last saw you guys.” Tails got a look of confusions on his face.

“Really? It hasn’t been too long for us.” Cream just shrugged and smiled at her friend.

“Still Sonic where’ve you been?”

“I’ve been here, hanging out with my new friends.”

“Who?”

“Oh right, let me introduce you all.” Sonic stepped back and gestured to Gale and Lisa. “Guys, these are my two new friends Gale, and Lisa. I’ve been living with them ever since I got here.”

Lisa smiles (as best should could without a mouth) and waves. “Hey guys! It’s nice to finally get Sonic reunited with his friends.”

“Yeah, maybe now he’ll stop spending nights alone at our bar, drinking all the beer.” Sonic glared at him and smacked him upside the head. Shadow approached, his glare never leaving Gale.

“So, we’re friends now with Mecha Sonic?” Sonic nodded.

“Yep. Gale’s pretty fun to hang around with, and serves as an awesome challenge for me.”

“Challenge? What, are you too weak to beat this piece of scrap metal?”

“Heh, Gale’s not like the Mecha Sonic I fought before, trust me. I mean, the normal one couldn’t go super without the assistance of the chaos emeralds.”

“WHAT?!” Everyone was shocked to hear this.

“Sonic, that’s impossible! The amount of energy required to go super is extremely high!” Sonic just smirked and looked at Gale.

“You wanna show them?”

“Sure, it’ll be funny to see their reactions.” Gale spread his legs out a little, and crossed his arms. Suddenly, everyone could feel a slow energy build up. Gale’s eye suddenly glowed a bright red, and he spread his arms out. There was a sudden burst of energy around him as a pillar of light shot up into the air.

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!” Gale shouted into the air as his energy skyrocketed. Shadow was taken aback. This energy, this power, was certainly more than anything he could muster. And it just, kept, growing. Everyone could only watch in shock as his energy kept building up and up and up. Pretty soon, Gale crossed his arms again, before uncrossing them, and a burst of light followed. When the white light faded, everyone looked to see Gale, as Super Mecha Sonic.

“Ah.” Gale stretched out before he casually floated into the air. “Man, been a little while since I’ve gone into this form.”

The group of Mobians, especially Shadow, were completely dumbfounded. This wasn’t possible! But it had just happened right in front of them. Shadow couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“H-How?” Gale looked at him and smirked.

“It’s called decades of training.” Gale dropped back to the ground and smiled. “So, what brings you all here anyways. And hey, where’s Metal?” The mobians, excluding Sonic, all shook themselves before all having worried expressions, a look Gale nor Lisa liked the look of. “What's happened?”

“GALE!!! LISA!!!” Suddenly the two displaced were tackled by Luna and Rainbow Dash from Metals world.

“Guys! You've got to help Metal!” Rainbow cried.

“He sent us all here! He's fighting that thing alone!” Luna continued.

“Now calm down, tell us what happened.” Lisa said as she lifted the two mares off of them with her tendrils.

“To understand you'll have to know what's happened recently.” Gamma walked forward, but his voice seemed different from the games.

“Wait why is your voice different?” Sonic asked.

“Like Metal, Omega and I are also displaced, we are from Metal’s earth, and we are close childhood friends. Unfortunately, due to an error in his memory banks, he does not remember us. If we revealed our true selves to him it would fry his robotic brain, so we have been acting like the Gamma and Omega from the games to avoid that. My real name is Myles, Omega is Connel.” Gamma shook his head. “But that's not important right now, as we speak Metal is fighting a battle that will determine our jokes very existence in time. So please, sit down as I tell you what happened.”

Gale, Lisa and the rest of the group sat down to listen.

“A little while ago, a Shadow the Hedgehog displaced arrived in our world looking for someone, and was in a similar situation to us and the Nightmares. It turns out that when Solaris was defeated in Sonic 06 multiple versions of Mephiles were spread out across the multiverse. Jack, the Shadow displaced, and Metal began searching for Mephiles, but apparently Mephiles had captured someone very dear to Metal and forced him to do his bidding alongside Discord. Both Discord and Metal were given some kind of dark magic, Apocalypse Magic I believe it was called. When we reached Metal we found him as Neo Metal Sonic and he then fought with Jack before Discord turned on him and tried to kill him. Jack had been taken back to his own world by Author when Metal transformed into Metal Overlord. After he defeated Discord, Mephiles used Discord's body and apocalypse magic to become a supercharged Solaris. Metal was about to fight him when he used his magic to transport everyone in Equestria and the world to safety in the zones, but he only trusted you two enough to take care of all of us so he sent us here. We don't know what's been happening in that world, but we know it can't be good.”

Gale and Lisa both looked to each other in shock. “Metal is there fighting alone?” Gale asked.

“Yes...and I think a part of him knew he might not make it out alive.”

“The presence of this ‘Apocalypse Magic’ would explain why we weren't able to access Metals world earlier.” Gale nodded and stood up. “Alright, enough waiting, we're going to go help my buddy with that fight, if you guys are here then whatever was blocking that world must be gone. Lisa, let's go.”

“Don't need to tell me twice.” As the two were about to call for Marx to transport them they heard echoed voices.

"D-Don't gi-give m-me the si-silent treatment." Metals voice rang out, with a deep voice that belonged to Mephiles following.

“Is that Metal?” Lisa asked.

“He sounds as if he's heavily damaged.” Gale said quietly.

"What do you expect me to say? You've won? I'll be back? There is a greater power at work here? Let me die in peace, leave me, now!"

"Y-You a-are in no pos-position to t-tell me wh-what to d-do! Y-You des-destroyed my h-home! Tried t-to k-kill my fr-friends! Not to-to mention h-holding someon-one I-I hold d-dear hostage! I-I de-deserve t-to know w-why y-you targeted m-my world spec-specifically!"

"I guess now it doesn't matter what I tell you know that I'm about to cease to exist. I myself didn't target this world, my 'master' did. To be honest I was only doing this to become Solaris again, I didn't care about what happened to this world afterwards, I just wanted to fulfill my purpose in life, but you've destroyed everything that I have, what I lived for, do you feel proud? Proud that you've killed someone just trying to accomplish what his very existence tells him to do? Trying to fulfill my life's purpose?"

"D-Don't try t-to turn thi-this around Me-Mephiles! Y-YOU ARE A CR-CREATURE OF DAR-DARKNESS A-AND TORE M-MY REALITY APART!!! YOU ARE N-NOT T-THE VIC-VICTIM!!!"

"I suppose I'm not."

"Are you p-proud?"

"What?"

"I said are y-you proud?! Taking someone dear to me?! Destroying my home, and the homes of everyone on this planet?! Their lives possibly ruined by your ac-actions! All for what? So you could feel complete? Th-There's something else t-that can help you feel complete y'know? It's called marriage! Or at least some f-form of a romantic par-partner!"

“Metal…” Lisa said quietly.

"And where would I find someone willing to actually give me a chance? MurdererHarmony.net? Not many women want to be with someone who's soul purpose is to destroy time itself."

"There are people out there that are evil like t-that you know, all you had to do was look, but it's too late now."

"It's not too late...You could save me, let me go so I can try to find that someone. Please! I beg of you, give me at least one chance of actually Live!"

"No...after all of this...I have no mercy left to spare you. You die here, you die now."

“Give no bullshit take no bullshit…” Gale murmured.

“Damn, I didn't know Metal could be so cold.”

Then there was silence, only ended by one last line.

"The great disaster is coming, the dark swarms will be free, the one who forges evil will survive and the one with the body of bones will exact his revenge...and the master of power, will come for you. Heed my warning Metal Sonic, your face I remember as the last thing I see, you, will, die!"

After a while of waiting for another response from Metal, Lisa and Gale turned to everyone. “I guess that he took care of things.” Gale said.

“Maybe we should still go check to see if he's damaged, he sounded better through that but he still sounded hurt, like actually hurt.” Lisa suggested.

As Gale was about to reply they all felt a burst of energy, a dark presence had made itself known with one cry from Metals echoed voice.

”No...no no no! SAMANTHA!!!” His voice was filled with pain and filled their hearts with dread.

“Myles, did he just say-?” Omega asked with fear.

“Yes, he definitely said her name Connel.” Both of their voices were panicked. “If he found her, and if something happened to her...oh God…” Gamma started shaking.

“Wait, who's Samantha?” Lisa asked.

“There's no time! Get over to that world before it's too late!” Omega yelled. With a nod, Gale brought up Metal’s token, and lifted it up. It opened the portal to Metal’s world, and a dark energy could be sensed coming from it. Gale and Lisa leaped through the portal without a second thought, and their pets followed.

Author's Note:

This signifies the beginning of a new arch. How many chapter will it last, well I can't say for sure. What I can tell you, is that a lot of things are about to be revealed. The ultimate power of apocalypse magic, relationships that were never expected, and a new way we view the meaning of friendship. Trust me, this is going to be a wild ride, and at the end point, one hero may never be the same again.