• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 268 Views, 2 Comments

The story of Anvil 2 : Truth - proudtobeabrony667



What if Sunset Shimmer lied to her niece and kept the truth a secret? What really happened to Anvil and Vinyl? And what were their lives like after

  • ...
6
 2
 268

Prologue

Prologue

"Ok truth time... I lied to my niece about Anvil and to be quite fair to the rest of society I must tell the stories end as it really was Anvil did not die. However there was a problem... He was dying at the time, and not even his supernatural abilities were enough to save him though there was a way to help him. It was a very long shot but the fact remained that it was the only way to make sure that he didn't die at least permanently.

His right arm the one he had grabbed the amulets with had been pretty much destroyed all the way up to his shoulder, he had third degree electrical burns all over the arm, the force of the electrocution was enough to obliterate the bone and in non scientific terms turn it into an explosive. The doctors say that the bone exploded in his arm severing most of the arteries so they amputated it, His heart and lungs were very much damaged and needed to be replaced. Also during the battle his left leg from the knee down was crushed by a falling piece from the stage there was no bone only dust. The procedure was highly experimental and as recent studies show works on animals so they needed a "Human" test subject. None of us in the room were willing to tell the doctors that Anvil wasn't human but as it sadly turned out Vinyls left arm from the elbow down had suffered the same amount of damage that Anvil's right arm had. The procedure would give them cybernetic replacements for all their lost parts only the price was that it would be excruciatingly painful we knew that Anvil would survive but we were worried about Vinyl she did not possess the same strength as her partner so the pain would certainly be high. They both agreed to the experiment since Vinyl was a DJ by nature she would need two hands for the job.

Anvil was willing to pay for the treatment but the doctor said that among the students saved at the battle of the bands his daughter was among them and that this time the treatment was free and so he prepared himself to receive the maximum amount of pain that he had ever succumbed to. The treatment started with the replacements of Anvils lungs and heart a surgery that lasted 9 hours this surgery also included the amputation of his arm and leg the transplants were successful and he came out breathing better than he had in the past hours. The doctors came from the lab and began work on them while their amputations were still fresh. They put some sort of linkage device on their stubs and fused it with the skin nerves and bones Vinyl was put under anesthetic to numb the pain which was a relief, Anvil had been awake through the entire process of the cup-link; as they called it; being installed when they were done they told us that they needed us to hold them down or they might flail about and mess up the systems in the limbs. It took five of us to hold down Anvil and two to hold down Vinyl, the doctors placed the limbs and gave us a count of three and then clamped them in causing even Anvil to scream and jerk in pain, luckily one of us was over his other hand when his claws came out and pierced the bed otherwise he would have been quarantined and experimented on till he died. Once it was over the doctors told them that there would be a two week recovery period while their bodies became accustomed to the new limbs. so that is the reality of what really happened at the hospital that night Twilight did however stay for quite a while after to make sure that they were okay.

Author's Note:

I personally know for a fact that in the original story line given by Lauren Faust Twilight returned to Equestria shortly after the dazzlings were defeated. This however is not the original story line and the whole reason she stayed behind was to help her friends back into their lives after their recovery she stayed for two weeks after they came home. then she went back to Equestria.