• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 1,385 Views, 21 Comments

Where am I? What are you? - MomentumCrow



David Cambridge, a 29 year old man who was enjoying his lovely life. But one day happens to be the day that will change his life forever. He found himself waking up in an unknown world with 'Ponies'. Will he find his way out? Or will he be stuck?

  • ...
19
 21
 1,385

Chapter 1: Christmas

December 24th, 2014
London, England

"Mommy, wake up! It's Christmas!" Miranda screams in excitement and Sheryn responded with a not-so-excited moan.

"Did daddy wake up yet?" Sheryn asked Miranda and both looked over to the side just to see David sleeping and snoring like a baby, the only thing in Sheryn's mind was his old saying, 'Being a grown-up doesn't mean you can't be a baby'.

"No...". Sheryn's ears perched up and tries to locate the voice, it was David's voice. Sheryn was thinking, 'Is he having a nightmare?', she gently put her hand on his body. To her suprise, David woke up and scream.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!" , his scream scared both Sheryn and Miranda.

Sheryn, now with a terrified face asked, "David! Are you okay? What's wrong?!"

David responds, " It has happened again. I had a nightmare, but the weird thing is, that nightmare was the same thought I had the other night.". David was hyperventilating during the respond.

"David, calm down, just breath calmly. Do you need a doctor or anything?". Sheryn asked with a worried tone in her voice.

"Don't worry, it's just a nightmare, all I need is some time to think about it and I'll be just fine." David said.

"Okay, get dress up, Dave. I'm gonna go downstairs and get ready breakfast for the family. Come on Miranda, daddy needs a little rest before waking up." Sheryn stood up and carried Miranda downstairs with her.

David was just sitting there on the bed thinking of the thoughts, 'What if the nightmare is real? What if it will happend?'. David scratches that thought over and get dressed up. David soon realized that he forgets to wrapped up the toy he found yesterday, he quickly started to search around the house for wrapped papers. Moments later, the toy was wrapped up in a pink paper, he though to himself, 'Perfect color for my little daughter'.

"Hey guys!" David said as he waves to his whole family. David Jr and Miranda jumps onto him and gave him a hug. Sheryn as usual gave him a kiss.

"So, where are we going today? The mall, our parent's house or just randomly break into people's house?", David said with a large grin on his face, making the other three confused.

"I'm kidding!", David laugh loudly making the whole house laugh as well.

"How about going to the mall and then go to grandpa's house? I'm sure that'll be fun, and we'll be back in time for presents!", Miranda said with a joyful smile on her face.

"Great idea, Miranda. We could stop by our parent's house for some lunch! It's like a gas station!" David said while rubbing his daughter's head and complimenting her.

"Alright, the mall it is then. Why don't you to get ready up and meet me outside?" Sheryn said and nods in approval. The others quickly ran up stairs to their room and get their coats and leather boots. After a few moments, the family grouped up outside the house, all of them load up into the car before driving off to the mall.

Later...
"Finally! I thought I was gonna suffocate to death in that car, fresh air!" David Jr said and puts his hands in the air, breathing in and out as he was yelling with joy.

"Kids these days, can't even get inside the car without having problems." Sheryn said as she lets out a deep sigh.

"Don't worry about it, they'll get used to it. No matter what happend." David comforts Sheryn and gave her a small kiss on the forehead.

"Get a room you two!" Miranda said and laughed loudly with David Jr, later joined by the other two. 'We sure do love laughing' David thought in his head.

A few minutes later.

"Okay guys, now what do you want to do here besides buying stuff and mess around?" Sheryn said while the other three putting their hands stroking on their imaginary beard, thinking.

"How about we buy stuff and mess around in the mall?"

"David, I just said beside those."

"Great! Let's do those!"

Sheryn facepalmed at David's statement, she spoke up, "Fine, let's do those, we can't have arguments in this family, especially Christmas."

"YAY!", the three shouted in unison.

The four goes from floor after floor, buying stuff left and right. It never gets old for David and Sheryn to buy random stuff and never get to use it. David spotted something that satisfies his eyes and said to Sheryn, "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up later."

Sheryn nods at David and turned to the kids, "Okay kids, daddy is gonna do something. Why don't we go to the other side of the mall?".

The two nods in approval and Sheryn took the two to the other side of the mall, "Mommy, what's dad doing?" Miranda was the one who spoke up.

"I don't know sweetheart, but he does makes it sound like it's important. We'll just have to wait and see."

After a few moments, Sheryn and the kids were waiting for David on a bench. Suddenly, David came running with a bag in his hand. He stopped to catch his breath before speaks up, "Got the thing I needed, that took forever." he said while swiping all of the sweat out of his forehead.

"David what did you do this time?!", Sheryn asked with a concerned look on her face.

"No worries, I didn't do anything this time."

"If you didn't do anything, then what's up with the sweat?" Sheryn pointed out the sweat still dripping down his forehead.

"That? You don't wanna hear the rest of it. Because the writer of this story is super lame!" David said while looking straight into the sky... pointing at... me?

"Yeah! You! I can break the forth wall you know?"

'You're not allowed to do that! You're my character, and the last time I check, they don't break the forth wall!'

"Sure whatever, chief." David said with a voice filled with sarcasm.

"David are you okay? You just talked to nobody." Sheryn said, still looking pretty concerned and confused at the same time.

"Yeah, I'm okay. You wanna check the gift I bought for you?"

"Aww, that's sweet of you, honey!" Sheryn gave David a peck on the cheek.

"But this will have to wait 'til night. Let's get the bags on the car, we're done here."

The family took the bags and loaded it into the car. Their next destination was their grandparent's house, David started to get a vision, a bad one.
"David, calm down."
David started to breath in and out slowly before starting the car and drive. He slowly loosing vision of the way he was going, next to it was his consciousness.

"DAVID! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GO-"

Darkness... was the last thing he ever saw in this world.

Author's Note:

The next chapter is about him being in Equestria, read it!