• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 1,385 Views, 21 Comments

Where am I? What are you? - MomentumCrow



David Cambridge, a 29 year old man who was enjoying his lovely life. But one day happens to be the day that will change his life forever. He found himself waking up in an unknown world with 'Ponies'. Will he find his way out? Or will he be stuck?

  • ...
19
 21
 1,385

Chapter 11: Shattered Dream

Location
David's Dream Realm

"I welcome you back, David.", David turned around to see Cassiel was smiling at him.

"Hello to you too, Cassiel.", he replied.

"What's your purpose of being here? Aren't you supposed to be dreaming about something else?", Cassiel asked.

"Hold on a second, you didn't sent me here? I thought that I only come here because you want to talk to me or something."

Cassiel was confused and thought that David was right, 'Strange, I am the only one that could let him in this world, who else has the permission to do that besides me?'

"Me.", a voice was coming from the side of Cassiel and David. They turned to see that Sombra was there.

"Sombra? What in the world are you doing here? What do you want?!", David shouted.

Sombra let out a devilish laugh before answering,"What do I want? Simple, I want you both dead."

"Kill us? Not by a close chance, you can't kill me in my dream, right Cassiel?", David said and looked over to Cassiel and saw that she was looking very nervous.

"You think your world can save you from me? I'm the strongest King alive! Your pity little dream can't do anything about it!", Sombra said with his mocking tone.

"He's right, David. His power is powerful enough to shatter this realm into bits. But that doesn't mean you are undefeatable, Sombra!", Cassidy said while looking at Sombra, ready to give him a piece of her mind.

"Oh really? How about I challenge you, Cassiel. If you win, I will leave this place unharmed. But if I win, I will have to kill you and shatter this dream of yours into bits and bits of pieces!"

"Don't worry, Cassiel. I can beat this guy easily, leave it to me.", David said and step foward, but only to be stopped by Cassiel.

"No, David. He challenged me, not you. I can't let you be injured and I will do anything to protect you.", she looked over to Sombra and spoke up, "Your challenge will be accepted, Sombra."

Sombre let out a laugh before speaking up, "Excellent."

A dark beam came out of Sombra's head and went straight for Cassiel. She shoved David out of the way before disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"Gone already? I thought you were better than that, Cassiel. You disappointed me, now it is your turn to die, David.", he said while making steps forward David. Everytime he move forward, David crawls backwards.

Suddenly, both David and Sombra heard a noise, it sounds like something was charging up. They looked over to see that Cassiel was holding a sphere, it looks like it was absorbing the power from her.

"You think... you can get rid of me that easy? You haven't seen the things I can do... yet.", as soon as she finished her sentence, the sphere began to shoot rapidly at Sombra, injuring him every shot. Every shot just hit harder until it finally ran out of power.

"It's that all?", he said while grunting in pain, "You need a lot more than that just to take me down!"

"Who said I was done?", the sphere she was holding was getting bigger, absorbing more power from her. It finally stopped taking away the power out of her body, the sphere charged at Sombra with a surprising amount of speed, it exploded in contact and illuminated the whole room. David looked away because the light was so bright, it would have blinded him. He opened his eyes and saw that Sombra was nowhere to be found. He spotted Cassiel was hovering down slowly, he ran towards her and caught her, he didn't know why he was able to touch her but that wasn't important.

"Cassiel! Are you alright? What happened to Sombra?", David said while nervously looking at her, he doesn't want to lose her.

"I-I-I'm okay, David. I'm just... a little bit weak after loosing that much of my energy. You should wake up and go tell the others, I'll be here resting.", her voice sounds weaker than before but David refuse to leave her.

"No, I'm not going to leave you here, not by any chances."

"I'm sorry, David. But you have no choices.", she said and immediately used a bit of her power left in her and teleported David out of his dream.

Location
Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library

David jumped out of bed and was gasping for air once again, 'For the love of God why did you do that, Cassiel. Bollocks!', he swore at himself and quickly picked up his clothes and ran outside. Luckily, Thomas and Charles was conveniently standing outside the library.

"Is there something wrong, sir?", Charles questioned him.

"Sombra... he was there with me and Cassiel. But she went and used up all of her energy and blew him up, but that doesn't mean he's defeated, not that easily. That means we have to train harder, faster and a lot more frequently, he's coming for us."

"But what exactly happened to Cassiel?", Charles asked again.

"After she used her sphere of power, she went weak and woke me up before I could know what happened to her next.", David replied.

"That poor bastard is going to pay for what he has done to Cassiel.", Thomas joins in the conversation and the other two nods at him.

"Now that we agreed to give this bloke a good kicking, let us train our feet to be more stronger so our kicks will be more lethal!", David said and the other agrees by nodding at him.

"Hey guys! What are you three talking about?", David recognized that voice and turned around to see that Rainbow was hovering behind him.

'I knew she was here. How does she always sneaked up on me without anyone noticing?', David thought to himself and replied, "Oh, uh... we're just talking about doing something private in a place."

"Sounds cool! Can I join?"

David looked back at Thomas and Charles to saw that they shrugged at him, he sighed at spoke up, "Okay, you can come. But you can only do stuff when we tell you to, got it?"

Rainbow responded with a glee, he took it as a yes.

Location
Everfree Forest

David and the other three walked to the place where they trained last time, everyone was ready except for Rainbow Dash because she didn't knew what they were doing but she went by a nearby tree and sat on it. She saw that they were discussing about something, after a few minutes, Thomas and Charles split up and went to hide behind some trees and bushed.

Rainbow was still confused on what they were doing so she asked David, "Dude! What are you guys doing? This is the Everfree Forest, not a playground! You can't just go in here and play hide and seek!"

David chuckles and replied, "We're not playing hide and seek, Dash. We are just doing this to test our reflexes. Anything could jump at us at anytime, so we have to get ready for everything. Now then, back to finding the other two."

As he finished his sentence, a nearby bush started to make noise. David heard it and slowly walked towards it, every step he took, another sweat dropped from his forehead. He didn't know if this is a timberwolf or the other two, but he was going to find out. He walked in front of the bush and looked what was behind it, it was nothing.

"What in the- OOOF!", David felt something landed on his back, he stood up and looked to see who or what it was. It was Thomas that landed on his back.

"You should have checked your surroundings before going in that bush. We're everywhere.", Thomas said while dusting the leaves off his clothes.

"Great, now that you're here, I'm going to continue on finding Char- ARGGG!", yet again, before he even finish, David was tackled by Charles.

"Never talk when you are in a dangerous situation, your mouth could cost you your life.", Charles stood up and offered David a hand.

He accepted it and as always, he complained, "Where in the England did you come from? And why didn't you tell me he was coming, Dash?"

"Well, you did say that I should do anything you guys told me to, so he told me to don't say anything and I followed his words.", she simply replied.

Before he could spoke up, some growling can be heard around them. Emerge behind the trees, multiple timberwolves surrounded them. They looked like they are going to finish what has been left unfinished: tearing David apart.

"Well then, looks like we got some company. Anyone got any ideas to help us not to get our face chewed off?", David asked while slowly move backwards.

"We can split up and give them a good walloping, is that a good idea?", Thomas contributed the idea.

"Yeah, let us do that. I'm going to cover the right, you cover the left and Charles, you make sure Dash doesn't get hurt.", David told Charles and he answered with a simple nod, but Rainbow didn't seem to like that idea.

"Oh c'mon! I can fight on my own, I'm not weak, you know that, right?"

"I know you're not weak, Dash. But it's for your own safety and there's no time to talk now.", David tries to reason her while being very cautious about the wolves.

With no further waiting, one of the wolves began to run at them, the other saw it and follows. David and Thomas began to fight off the wolves, punching it, throwing it at the others and kicking it, they did everything to protect themselves. Dash couldn't handle the sight of David being hurt, so she flew off of the others view.

'Oh wait a minute, I forgot that she could do that.', David thought to himself and thinking that she was safe, but he was wrong. Suddenly, a loud boom was heard from above him, a line of rainbow began to come from the sky, aiming for the group of timberwolves. When it landed on the ground, it exploded on contact, blowing every wolf away from David and the other two. After the smoke screen cleared, there was a big crater in front of them, in there was Rainbow, lying in there unconscious.

"Not again, this can't be happening!", David said and jumped into the crater. Thomas and Charles quickly follows him down. David followed his instinct and checked her pulse, hoping that she's still alive. He cannot let another person suffer from helping him.

After a few minutes, he confirmed that she was alive, "Oh thank the Queen for letting her live. Let's go guys, we need to get her help, fast!"

Location
Golden Oaks Library

"Twilight, I need your help now!", David slam the door closed while carrying Rainbow.

Twilight came running in and saw him carrying Rainbow, she nervously asked, "What's wrong David? What happened to Rainbow?"

"She did what-I-assumed to be a Sonic Rainboom, it helped us get cleared away from the Timberwolves. We found her in a crater unconscious."

"That's bad, that's really really bad! Lay her down on the couch, I'll see what my healing spells can do."

David followed her command and set her on the couch. Twilight's horn began to glow brighter, a small beam fired off her horn to Rainbow. Her eyes began to open slowly, the first thing she saw was David, she spoke up,

"Hey David. Am I in heaven yet?"

David chuckles and look at Twilight, trying to use his eyes to tell her they need some private times. She understand the situation so she left them both in the living room.

"You're not dead yet, Dash. You did a Sonic Rainboom and went unconscious, so I carried you here.", he explained to her.

"Did I look cool while doing it? Did I?"

"You looked more than cool, you looked awesome. I thank you for saving me, Thomas and Charles. And for that, I'm going to give myself permission to do this.", he said as he lift her head up and gave her a small kiss on the lips. Rainbow was utterly shocked at first because it was her first ever kiss she had ever received.

"I better get going now, you stay here and rest and I'll be back. If you need anything, Twilight is in the other room.", he said and left the library, leaving Rainbow with a blush on her face, the only thing that came out of her mouth,

"Worth..."


David, Thomas and Charles continued to find another place to train after that deadly accident. 'This King has to be shut down or more people will be hurt.', David thought to himself and walked with the other to another training ground.

Author's Note:

Phew! Sorry for the long waiting everyone, things happened. But hey, here it is!

If you like this chapter, make sure to like it, add to favorite and maybe spread this to another person!

Anyways, I'll see you guys at the bottom of the next chapter!