• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 1,385 Views, 21 Comments

Where am I? What are you? - MomentumCrow



David Cambridge, a 29 year old man who was enjoying his lovely life. But one day happens to be the day that will change his life forever. He found himself waking up in an unknown world with 'Ponies'. Will he find his way out? Or will he be stuck?

  • ...
19
 21
 1,385

Chapter 9: Visiting the Princess

Location
David's Dream Realm

"Alright, who's the one that bloody knocked me out?", David angrily said.

"Pardon for my rudeness, sir. I was the one who did it, I didn't know there were other ways to wake you up. I promise it will never be occurred again.", Charles spoke up.

"Your punches don't do any bad to me so I guess you're good to go, but if you do it again, don't ask why when I kill you."

"Trust me, sir. I'll be following your command from now on."

David looked at Cassiel and said, "Did you do anything to them? I swore they were more... different."

Cassiel chuckles and replied, "No, David. They changed it themselves, don't you remember they are intelligent? Besides, the angrier you get, the harder it is for you to train."

David thought about it for a second before speaking up, "Huh, I guess you're right. I'll have to get used to it now."

He turned back to the tuxedo wearing dummy and told him, "So, what are we doing today? Are you two gonna 'test' me again to see if I qualify?"

Thomas walks into view and said, "After that test, we thought that you would be out of strength to continue the training. So instead of testing you with brute strength, we're gonna let you test yours on us."

David was confused at first but spoke up, "Does that mean I can knock one of you two out and then see if I am strong enough?"

"Basically, yes.", Thomas replied.

"I want to do it but I feel bad for punching for doing nothing other than teaming up on me the other time."

"Relax, sir. We're dummies! You can't physically hurt us in this world, we are tough as nails."

David sigh and said, "Fine, let the training begins."

Thomas and Charles gave him a nod before ready up for the first punch, they perfectly stand still and waiting and expecting David would knock them both out. But the results are quite disappointing, he strikes Thomas but he didn't even flinch, same goes with Charles.

"You have to hit harder than that just to knock us down, David.", Thomas said.

He breathed in and out before taking a step backward, lunging full speed at Charles and gave him a full blow to the stomach. But yet again, nothing has seemed to damage him, not even a scratch. Charles chuckles and flung him across the room.

"You are about to face a creature so powerful, he could fling you further than that. Think about your enemy, think about your wife and family, David."

David's eyes went wide opened, he knew that Sombra was having a hold of Sheryn. What if Sheryn was hurt? Even worst, what if he got a hold of the children? Many questions were rambling in his head, many possibility Sombra could do with his family. Tears began to roll down his cheek and landed on his right fist. He knew if he doesn't knock one of these guys out, he won't be able to knock Sombra out.

He goes in for the punch. Surprisingly, it manage to bend Charles in half!

"Huh, this is awkward. Can someone bend me back into place, please?", Charles asked.

David was just standing there, he was flabbergasted by the fact that he could punch Charles in half.

"Did anybody blessed me with some kind of power? Cassiel, did you did this?", David said while still looking at his hand.

"No, it wasn't me this time.", she responded.

"That's strange... someone, wake me up right now. I need to take a walk.", he demands and looked at Cassiel, she snapped her fingers and David disappeared.

"It's he fine by any chances? Cassiel?", Thomas asked.

"I don't know Thomas, I'm feeling kind of weird about the fact that he got that power out of thin air."

"Guys, I'm still bend in half! Someone lift me up, please?", Charles joins in the conversation while still being in half. Thomas and Cassiel let out a chuckle before transforming him back into his normal body.


Location
Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library

"Good to be awake without having a fist in the face.", he mumbles to himself.

"David! Wake up and come down stairs now!", Twilight shouted.

David checked the clock to saw it turned to 8 o'clock, he sure woke up late this time. He grabbed his clothes and walked downstairs to saw that Twilight was holding a some kind of scroll.

She noticed David and spoke up, "David, come here and read this letter, looks like Princess Celestia got some words for you."

"How did you know that it was from the Princess to me?"

"Every scroll she sent me has a special kind of seal sealing the scroll. That's how I know that it was from her, also it said that this needs to be given to you."

Twilight levitated the letter to David, he grabbed and read it carefully, he doesn't want to misread anything from anyone who is from a royal bloodline.

"She said that I should bring all of the Elements to Canterlot. Also, she said that she need to have a private conversation with me.", he said while folding up the scroll.

"Why does she wants the Elements to be there? This has to be something bad... or good... who the hay actually knows anyway!"

"You go get the others, I'll go do something and we'll meet somewhere.", he told Twilight.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I'll see you at the train station with the others and we'll be heading off to Canterlot."

He replied with a nod and Twilight walked out of the library. David head upstairs and prepared to visit the Princess, he took a look at his family photo before saying, "Don't worry Sheryn, I will get you out of this mess soon.". David walked out of the library, hoping the Princess had some good news.

Location
Ponyville's Train Station

David walked to the train station and saw everybody there. Rainbow walked up to him and said, "Hey there, hotshot! I heard that Celestia is going to talk to you. Is it something important?"

"I don't know, Dash. She wanted to talk to me for some reason.", David replied.

Rainbow just shook it off and walked into the train, followed up by the rest of the Elements, Fluttershy stopped in front of David and told him, "If there's anything wrong, you know who to talk to."

He nodded at her before hoping on the train.

Location
Canterlot

Everyone walked out of the train after a long ride to Canterlot. But it was worth it to David, he saw the most fascinating thing he could have ever saw: A castle on the edge of a mountain.

"Amazing, isn't it?", Rarity said and stood next to David with his jaw still dropped.

"Amazing? Not quite, more than amazing? Yes! That's like the hardest thing to ever pull off, how can your kinds do such things so easily?", he asked.

"Magic, darling! Have you forgotten that we have magic to work for us?"

David thought about it at first before realizing that there is magic in this world, "Oh yeah, I think I forgot about that. I wish my home planet can have those magics, it could make everything easier."

Rarity chuckles and continue to walk with the others, David shook his head before following them. They walked for a moment before arriving at the doorstep of the castle. It was highly guarded as David was expected. Twilight walked towards one of the guards and started talking to him. After a few moments, they opened the gates for them to walk in.

"Come on, everypony. Follow me.", Twilight said and the other followed.

'I'm gonna get lost in this thing if I don't do what she said', David thought to himself while looking around the castle. There were doors everywhere, David was curious enough to open one door.

"David, stop opening doors and follow me, you don't want to get lost in here.", Twilight told him.

He heard what she said and closed the door. They finally got to the room, David saw another pony sitting on the throne and immediately thought that it was Celestia. The others bow down to her and David did it as well, he kneel one knee down like his kind did when they meet the queen.

"Stand up, my little ponies. Hello, David. I'm glad that you came here."

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Princess Celestia."

"It is my pleasure as well, David. Now if you girls excuse me, I need to have a private talk with him."

The mares left Celestia and David alone in the gigantic room. Celestia was the one who broke the silence, "I know King Sombra is returning for revenge."

"You knew? How could you tell he was coming back?", David asked with a confused look.

"I knew he was coming back since the day you came here, David."

"Why didn't you tell anyone about this?"

Celestia let out a sigh before continuing, "I can't tell anyone about this. If they knew, the whole kingdom will be a chaos filled with ponies running around knowing that he is coming back. It is best for me to keep this secret."

"Secret? What's the point of keeping it secret anyways? He could strike us at any moment right now, aren't you supposed to tell the Elements about this?"

"Telling them is hopeless, they can't defeat him now since he had known everything about our magic. He can predict what we will do to him."

"Then what do you want me to do? Tickle him to death?", David said.

"Remember the time you punch one of your trainers in half? That was the magic I grant you. You can do things that Sombra can't predict. He is a careless pony, he will accept any challenge from challengers. Maybe you could use that advantage and challenge him to combat. That is why I need you, David. I need you to protect my kingdom."

He looked back at his right fist and remembered the punch he did this morning, it was powerful enough to bend Charles in half, he spoke up, "Fighting may not be my cup of tea but I will do it. For my wife and for your kingdom. But on one condition."

"Tell me your request and you will receive it."

"I would like my trainers, Thomas and Charles to assist me defeating King Sombra."

Celestia thought about it for a second before answering, "Very well, they will be at your side when you confront Sombra. Also, I would like you to give this box to the girls, it's a present I wanted to give them."

Celestial levitate a box to David, it was a small and regular box, nothing seems to be special about it.

"Don't worry, I will hand this over to them when I'm done talking to you."

"Our conversation ends here, David. You can leave now.", Celestia told him.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll be leaving now. I see you next time, Princess Celestia.", he said and left the room.

He opened the door and saw that the six were eager to hear what she had told him. Pinkie said while bouncing around David, "What did she told you? Is it good? Is it bad? What's in the box?"

"Our conversation is not matter, what matters is what's inside the box. You guys should open it."

The six were confused at first, Twilight grabbed the box and began to open it. Revealing what was inside, it was six tickets made out of gold!

Rainbow gasped and told David, " David! Do you know what this is?"

"Tickets made out of gold that could probably make you all minted?", he replied with a confused look.

"Beside that, these are the tickets use to enter the Grand Galloping Gala!", Rainbow exclaimed.

David was shocked after hearing that, he knew this event is one of the largest one in Equestria.

"Are you serious?! Congratulations, everyone! You girls just got the tickets to the best night of your life!"

Everypony was cheering and screaming with joy, David was standing there, feeling happy for them. But Rainbow knew that he was still sad inside about his family, she needed to cheer him up somehow. Suddenly, an idea popped out.

"Since I can bring another pony with this ticket, why don't you come with me, David?"

David was a little bit shocked about this and said, "What? You can't be serious."

"Well, I did said that I do need to repay you someday and this is the perfect time to do it!", Rainbow replied.

David was thinking for a nice thing to say but there was nothing in his mind, he improvise by hugging Rainbow tightly, "I don't know anything to say but thank you."

Her blush can be seen from miles away, but she doesn't care, she returned the hug and said, "No problem, pal. You can let go of me now."

David let go of Rainbow and chuckles for a little bit, the laugh was followed up by the others. Twilight broke the laugh and spoke up, "Okay, let's go home now."

"Can't we just live here for a day and then go back to Ponyville? We just got here!", David said.

"You all can stay in the castle tonight. Guards, take them to their rooms.", Celestial joined the conversation.

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, Princess Celestial.", Twilight said.

The guards took each of them to their room, it took the guards awhile for then to navigate their way to the room. David was sent to a more high-class room than the other, he went in the room and look around. It felt like he was in a five stars hotel, but importantly, it has a balcony with an amazing view of the things below the mountain, it was also like he was a princess trapped in a tower. Suddenly, a bird flew into the room, he looked behind him and saw that Riptide was back. David wasn't carrying his gauntlet this time so he has to let it fly freely.


He knew that danger was around the corner somewhere, he tries not to think of it too much. For now, he must get ready for the night at the Gala.

Author's Note:

The Grand Galloping Gala is coming! Brace yourself!

If you like this chapter, make sure hit the like, add it to favorite and maybe spread to another person!

Anyways, I will see you guys at the bottom of the next chapter!