• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 1,553 Views, 53 Comments

Most Unexpected - Chocolate Pony



A Dragon and a Pegasus find love, in the most unexpected of places

  • ...
13
 53
 1,553

One Down, Five To Go

Spike lay upon a rock, watching intently. "So, tell me more about this...Thunderlane."

"You don't sound overly pleased" Cloudchaser replied

She slowly placed one hoof in the pond. The rest of her body soon followed and she began paddling around in small circles. Spike watched from above. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, he did cheat on you. With your own sibling." He said.

"What do you wanna know about him? And why?"

"Uh, well.....what made you fall for him? What did you like about him so much? What things did he do to impress you?"

"He'd get me my favorite flowers. Pink tulips. Take me on picnics, talk about life and what we wanted to do with it. But, there was my favorite thing of all" Cloudchaser said, swimming up to the edge of his rock.

"And that was...?" Spike inquired.

"We'd go to this one spot, way outside of Ponyville. It was a beautiful field, full of pink tulips. We'd lay on a red and white checkered blanket. We'd watch until the sun went down. He'd lay his head on mine, and then he'd whisper "I love you to the moon, and back" right when Luna's full moon would rise into the sky. And then we'd kiss."

Once Cloudchaser had finished, a few stray tears had begun working their way down her soft cheeks. Spike gently wiped them away, smiling lovingly. Cloudchaser smiled back a little, tossing her wet mane out of her face.

"I'm sorry. I must look like such a wimp right now. Which is pretty accurate" She said, sighing loudly.

"Trust me. I've met quite a few wimps in my lifetime. You're not one of them" Spike replied. "In fact, you're anything but. You're sweet, kind, caring, brave, strong, smart. I could go on, but it'd probably take all day. Point is, you have no right to feel like a wimp. Because trust me when I say, you, Cloudchaser, are ANYTHING but."

A small blush appeared on the mare's cheeks, causing her to look down. She bit her lip, fighting off the sudden urge to kiss him for such a kind remark. Little did she know, he was going through the same inner struggle. Only worse.

He could feel his power starting to rise in his chest, but he quickly forced it back down. It wasn't the appropriate time. Not here. Not now. Not yet. He couldn't confess to Cloudchaser. Not only his feelings, but also exactly what this power was doing to him. Or, what it was going to do.

Starlight Glimmer trotted alongside Twilight Sparkle, staring intently at the map held within her magical field. "If head towards the mountainous region, we should be able to track Spike and Cloudchaser down."

"And how do you know that?" Rainbow Dash asked, her voice lined with slight distrust.

"Now, now, Rainbow. Starlight is a very wise unicorn. She knows this land like the back of her hoof! We have every right to trust her" Rarity replied.

Starlight smirked wickedly. This was all too easy. The arrogant mares trusted her entirely, therefore making her plans fall right into place. She would have Spike's power all to herself very soon. But was it enough? No. She needed more power to feel satisfied. And she had the perfect six ponies to get it from.

The mares stopped in front of a large forest. The sounds of unknown creatures echoing inside the thick trees. It was a most intimidating sight. For there was no telling what kind of beasts they might happen upom. The possibility of getting lost was great too.

"So....now what?" Pinkie Pie asked, hopping in place.

"I-I could go first. I might find some animals to give us directions" Fluttershy suggested.

"Are you sure you won't get scared? Or hurt?" Twilight inquired. Sending the shy and quiet one into a creepy forest alone sounded like a bad idea.

"I will go with her. In case we run into danger" Starlight Glimmer pipped up.

"How kind of you, darling. I'm sure you two will be safe together" Rarity said, smiling lovingly.

Starlight Glimmer and Fluttershy soon made their way into the forest. Being inside the thick vegetation was quite different from being on the outside. Sure, the noises and atmosphere had been bothersome. But now, they were surrounded by it all. Engulfed, almost.

Fluttershy quickly felt uneasy. She began walking closer to Starlight in an attempt to gain some comfort. Any chances of getting some vanished when she realised Starlight.....was gone.

"S-Starlight? Where'd you go?" Fluttershy asked aloud, looking around rather frantically.

She was met with nothing but the sound of the forest. Fluttershy began trembling with fear. Where could she possibly have disappeared to? Had she gone to another area without saying? Had she fallen behind? Yes, that must be it. Fluttershy probably just walked ahead too quickly.

With some confidence regained, she turned around and began heading back. She didn't notice the looming shadow behind her. But she did notice one thing. Something that made her freeze in her tracks. The forest had become dead silent. The only sound being the wind eerily whistling through the trees. Fluttershy listened closely, but not cloesly enough to hear something sneak up behind her.

If only Twilight and her friends had heard the scream that sliced through the quiet forest. If only they had seen the blood that now painted an area of plant life. If only they'd been there to witness their friend's life fade from her eyes, as tear filled vision gazed upon the one who'd killed her. And if only, if only they'd heard the last shaky breath from her lips breath at one final word.

"W-Why?"