• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 1,552 Views, 53 Comments

Most Unexpected - Chocolate Pony



A Dragon and a Pegasus find love, in the most unexpected of places

  • ...
13
 53
 1,552

Suffering

Twilight stared sadly out the window of the train. She was on her way to Canterlot, but could frankly care less. To say she was depressed, was the understatement of the century. She hadn't slept in two days, hadn't eaten in one, and looked like death itself had stolen her soul.

Miserable mare she was. Not having Spike at home was...wrong. Twilight had become so used to hearing his voice everyday. Getting her in the morning, and bidding her a goodnight. Not to mention, the smell of food cooking in the morning, noon, and evening. His cooking had always cheered her up. Even on the most stressful of days.

Although all those things were true, and we're dearly missed, there was one aspect she missed the most. It was having him around at all. He was the little brother she'd never had. Almost like her very own foal. She'd raised him since he was a tiny Dragon. Now that he was gone, so was a part of her. Twilight's very being was aching, screaming to have that piece of her back. If only she could.

Twilight wasn't the only one feeling the pain of Spike's absence. Many in Ponyville, although still cleaning the destruction, bad come to miss the little Dragon. He had brought smiles to the faces of many ponies who worked at the shops. Whenever he'd stop and buy supplies for Twilight, he always had the most gentlemanly attitude. It could charm a cobra, as some would say. It was rather disappointing no longer seeing his kind face anymore.

Rarity had gone into her own level of depression. Spike had been everything to her. Sure, she ran off and cheated, and for this she cursed herself everyday. But, he'd always been there when she needed it most, even before they officially became a couple. He'd dried her tears whenever she wept. He'd held her close, whenever she needed a good hug. And he'd always supported her when she had doubts. He had been...the perfect stallion. Or, Dragon in this instance. And she'd turned around, slapping him in the face for all his hard work and effort.

The rest of the mane six were sad as well. Rainbow Dash had missed the way she could electrocute the guy with her clouds as a prank. And the way she would always tease him about Rarity. Not to mention, how she would encourage him about growing wings one day. She would sometimes peak over her cloud, just to see if he was there. Much to her dismay, he was not.

Fluttershy had wept profusely upon learning about the young drake's leaving. Sure, she had all her animals to cheer her up, but Spike was more than an animal. He was a best friend. And more than anything, Fluttershy hated losing a friend.

Apple Jack had been having a hard time focusing on her work. She was constantly making foolish, filly like mistakes when she was working. This wasn't her. If Spike was back, she'd probably been doing twice as well. Apple Jack hated seeing all her friends so down and out. It had begun getting to her as well. She'd fallen behind on Apple bucking. Grannie Smith was yelling at her constantly. Telling her ponies would have no cider that year if she didn't hop to it. Apple Jack knew she was right, that she needed to step it up. But, how could she? Pinkie was right when she said, "Apple Jack cries on the inside."


Pinkie Pie had lost her puffy mane. The usually high sprinted, hyperactive, cheerful mare, had turned into a sad clown. Spike had been one of her favorite customers at Sugar Cube Corner. Everyday, whenever she thought it was Spike at the door, she'd jump right over Mr. and Mrs. Cake, rush to the counter with the biggest smile on her face, only for it to disappear. Spike never showed up. But, every day, in hops he might, she would leave a ruby encrusted cupcake on a plate, outside the door.

It was never eaten.