• Published 14th Sep 2016
  • 522 Views, 2 Comments

The Alicorn Prince - Rightben370



I.Q. has a missing destiny, but it will soon be fullfilled

  • ...
2
 2
 522

The Element of Harmony

I.Q. started to walk towards the two alicorns, "Why hello there little one." approached the mare softly, her fur was a subtle white, but she had a mane the color of the sunset with brightly colored feathers, her cutie mark was half of yin and yang in a bright orange coloring with a single dot of black, "My name is Bellatrix and this is Titan." she was referring to the strong standing stallion with a dark grey coat, a mane dark as night with bright stars gleaming inside, and the other half of the symbol except his was a very dark coloring but a single dot of orange.
"We have been keeping an eye on you since you were a young foal I.Q." he explained without halt.
"I know you may have a million questions but you will be answered in time but for now a little story." Bellatrix interrupted. She smiled as her horn began to glow and a bucket of popcorn appeared next to I.Q. as Titan rolled his eyes at her antics. "lets begin."

"Long ago before Equestria was formed there lived three alicorns, Titan, Bellatrix, and Charmant, Bellatrix and Charmant ruled over the crystal empire while many lands away a lone king ruled over an unnamed kingdom, one day Bellatrix took a notice to the lone king Titan. Charmant saw a longing in him, the emotions she saw in him were also in Bellatrix so Charmant took action and arranged their meeting. The two rulers got along perfectly and eventually.. fell in love. Years later they had two children one was a unicorn the other an alicorn like his parents. their names where Orion and Sweet Violet, they got along perfectly. eventually two more children came about, first Celestia then Luna both as sweet and kind as their siblings. Eventually Violet got married and had two children of her own, Starswirl and Solar Flare. Orion loved his parents' day and night but not many were able to see his father's night for they worked during the day and were left exhausted at night. He proposed to his parents an idea, to combine night and day so everyone could see their beauty. However he had a dark means of doing so. He wanted the world to be in an eternal eclipse causing the land to be blanketed with eternal darkness. When his parents refused Orion found a spell book to give him the power to sustain the eclipse. They met him with sadness at the dark being he had become, and with infinite regret and despair had to banish him to the stars for as long as time. Soon after they became drastically ill with no hope of recovery, they eventually died leaving sweet violet to take care of Celestia and Luna. Starswirl had admired his uncle greatly and when he was banished, he felt it was unjust and cruel. Long after his mother had passed he found an opening to follow through with his uncle’s work, however his sibling had seen the outcome of his rule and banished him to the shadows with the gem that grew from the grave from their grandparents not before Starswirl laid a curse on his brother that every one of his descendants that are born with the magic of the king and queen shall be cursed along with his aunts. Eventually the brother had children of which he hid in the recovering kingdom as he perished, with Luna and Celestia to care of themselves.”

"That's it?" asked I.Q. in confusion,
"yes we expected this reaction." Titan replied,
"But why, what do I have to do with any of this, I'm just some unicorn from Canterlot. I don't even have a special talent."
"That's because you haven't had time to look." Bellatrix responded joyfully as she pointed her hoof at I.Q's flank, making him notice a strange symbol, a blue phoenix with its wings in a crescent shape on a golden shield,
"Sixteen years old and now I have a cutie mark, but why am I here?"
"Because you are the child,” Titan answered, “you possess the heart to control our magic.”
“and you presented this by your fight with Starswirl, you laughed in the face of death, you stayed by the side of your friends when offered power, you didn’t stop fighting for the ones you cared about when wanting your pain to end, and ever since birth you have been honest and kind, and most importantly you have limitless magical potential, you just couldn’t access it until you showed your wisdom.” Bellatrix slowly trotted over to I.Q. and softly put a hoof on his shoulder, “this is what you were born to do, I know that this is scary and what we ask of you may be impossible but, we know you can withstand this burden.” Bellatrix and Titan’s horns began to glow along with their eyes; they joined hooves as their manes flowed upwards and a rainbow swirled around I.Q. enveloping him as his mane began to flow as well. He was blinded from the light and when it faded he was lying on the ground with everyone’s eyes looking at him in awe.

“Um what is everyone staring at.” Asked I.Q. in confusion, before anyone responded Apple Bloom ran straight into I.Q. pulling him into a powerful hug with tears streaming from her face passing over small bruises. “OW OW OOW!” he shrieked in pain,
“Sorry I just was so worried. After I woke up I had no idea where you were, and no one would tell me nothin’.” She sobbed; I.Q. wiped her tears and pulled her into a softer embrace.
“I’m okay I can handle myself in a fight.” He assured,
“I know but-“ she cut herself off when she noticed two strange things on I.Q. “Ah-Q you have your cutie mark!, a-and” she began to stutter,
“What’s wrong?” he asked as he looked at his back, his shirt was torn to shreds and it had two holes on either side with… WINGS! They had turn him into an alicorn, “Wait why?” he turned to the tree of harmony, “why did you make me an alicorn.” He said in a hushed tone for he knew how crazy he would sound. “Wait are any of the others awake yet?” he asked urgently to no one in particular,
“No but they’ll be okay, but what about you, how did this happen?” Twilight was the most confused at his new transformation. I.Q. felt a sudden wave of exhaustion,
“I’ll explain in a little bit but now we... need… to get home.” At his last word he collapsed from exhaustion and found that he had been running on adrenaline for most of the fight.

Author's Note:

Bellatrix is one of the stars on Orion's belt titan is the largest moon of Saturn and charmant means lovely in french