• Published 14th Sep 2016
  • 522 Views, 2 Comments

The Alicorn Prince - Rightben370



I.Q. has a missing destiny, but it will soon be fullfilled

  • ...
2
 2
 522

Magic Duel

I.Q. slid across the forest dirt while turning to face his dazed opponent, "Clever very clever child." admired the stallion, "But do you know who you are up against?"
"Actually I have an idea" grinned I.Q. the stallion simply smirked and sent an electrical charge towards I.Q,
"then you must know my power," I.Q. deflected the charge back to it's sender, "my agility," the stallion dodged the charge and sent a small invisible beam towards I.Q, "and most importantly..." I.Q. was struck by the beam and was stunned, "...my intellect" the stallion warped to I.Q.'s side and bucked him into a tree. "so tell me... who am I?" asked the stallion,
"S-starswirl the beardless" I.Q. let out a laugh at his joke but had the wind knocked out of him as Starswirl hit him in the stomach,
"That is me no longer, now I have more power because of my master. now I am midnight blade." I.Q. chuckled,
"Starswirl the beardless fits you better." before he could get hit again he warped behind midnight and swiftly kicked him into a tree followed by an electrical charge. "by the way beardless I learn by example." joked I.Q,
"you little brat." grumbled midnight. he charged at I.Q. planning to beat him to a pulp.

"everyone hurry get to the exit, anyone strong enough, carry the unconscious." ordered twilight. I.Q. had managed to buy time for their escape but twilight was still worried, "Discord, look for I.Q. and help him he can't handle the stallion on his own." Big Mac carried three of the unconscious teens and Applejack and Rainbow Dash grabbed the other two. everyone was trying to get Bolt up but nobody could but Fluttershy. "W-where is I.Q. h-he needs to be safe." he stammered Fluttershy was the one to tell him which made him nearly injure himself even further.
"Bolt I.Q. will be okay he can handle this we are meeting him at the tree of harmony and Discord went to help him." assured Fluttershy.

I.Q. and Midnight were at a standoff both had cuts and bruises but neither had won yet. "why do you insist on fighting just DIE!" shouted Midnight as he flung a kunai made of magic at I.Q. which he deflected and charged at Midnight,
"Because there are ponies who need me." he dodged another kunai. "and if I stop fighting I'll be only thinking about ending my own pain." he dodged a slash of a magic. "I will never stop protecting my family from ponies like YOU!" I.Q's eyes glowed white as he sent a large beam at Midnight, he put up a shield but the beam broke through it easily. I.Q. felt a sudden rush of power in his head as another attack was sent towards Midnight of which he couldn't defend himself. he was slammed into a tree which broke on impact as Midnight fell unconscious. I.Q. felt a rush of headaches and saw a dark furred pony with piercing red eyes and teeth like blades, all of a sudden I.Q. saw black then from the darkness came the same pony with bat wings and a curved horn with eyes of a dragon. He stepped towards I.Q.
"what a pleasant surprise the body I wish to control is owned by a pathetic child." laughed the creature.
"what are you where did you come from?" asked I.Q. in fear,
"I am the darkness in your heart, your rage, your fear, and your family curse." explained the creature with riddle.
"Family curse?" I.Q. repeated,
"you will know in due time child but now is your demise." the creature growled. he unleashed a flurry of dark blades at I.Q. of which he deflected and countered with a slash of magic that cut through the pony like butter. the pony chuckled, "you don't get it do you?" laughed the pony, "I am a shadow, no attack can defeat me." laughed the pony triumphantly.
"well being a shadow you cannot be physically harmed but shadows always flee from light." realized I.Q. he brightened his horn as the pony screeched like a banshee,
"You think you are rid of me? We will never stop this struggle. Eventually you will give in to the darkness, and when you do, I will be there to take control." he chuckled as his fur started to sizzle under the light,
"Well then, looks like you will be waiting for a while." he joked as he brightened his horn more. Once the pony had disappeared the darkness around I.Q. faded into a starry cosmic view as two alicorns with stature to rival Princess Celestia and manes as bright as both night and day appeared in front of him each with large smiles on their faces.

Discord got to Midnight but he didn't see I.Q. "Okay you torturing monster, where is I.Q." Midnight didn't respond but his breathing was faint so he was still alive. Discord wrapped Midnight in black licorice rope, "Don't leave." warned Discord. he continued his search and found nothing, when he returned with the bad news he wasn't noticed.