• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,005 Views, 35 Comments

Pinkamena's Regrets - Violyre



Pinkamena has her regrets about herself in this new universe. But who she is, she can't remember...

  • ...
1
 35
 2,005

Chapter 2: What's Going On? (Pinkie)

Yeah, she knew it was coming. No, it wasn't her Pinkie Sense that had told her. But once she looked into those familiar eyes that had stared out at her from the mirror so many times, she knew. She knew it was for sure that her predictions were coming true.

Pinkie Pie had always had predictions. Pinkie Sense was just the more obvious ones. But the ominous voice that echoed in her head, warned her of the switch of dimensions, was a rare one for her to hear, though had never let her down.

Of course, she knew why she was in the Outer Worlds. That was the name of this dimension, the Outer Worlds. She was sure her opposite Pinkamena didn't remember that though. Of course, the portal had erased her memories, because it was her first time and she wasn't ready. But Pinkie Pie had used portals several times, and expected it. She was 'safe', in a sense. But was she really?

Observing her new surroundings, Pinkie noticed how many of the buildings were destroyed and the whole place had a general dark aura to it. Pinkie didn't like this, but she was sure that it would definitely be hard to befriend anypony here unless she knew what went on. And her psychic abilities didn't tell her that much, of course, that'd be cheating! What fun would her life be if Pinkie cheated? Nopony likes a cheater, because cheaters are spoilsports that ruin the fun of things. And Pinkie loved fun for sure!

Sure, back home in normal Equestria, nopony knew of her abilities, or how much she really knew. Everypony knew Twilight was smart though, which was good. Pinkie didn't want to be known for being smart, after all. She wanted to be known for something she could help--she was born smart, but she created happiness. And that was what she was known for! Her parties! Full of happiness!

There must have been a reason that she had been sent here. Pinkie was sure that it was because of the terrible war and battles and hatred that reigned the land. The Outer Worlds were the parallel opposite of the Inner Equestria, the one she'd originated from. So it only made sense that Pinkamena had had some twisted, evil reason to want to switch dimensions with Pinkie. If only she had realized that the dimensions were never meant to overlap...

Pinkie Pie sighed and shook her head, her cotton-candy bright pink mane that contrasted so greatly with her new environment bouncing around her. Oh well. She'd just have to act the silly Pinkie Pie party pony again, to keep balance.

Pinkie got to her feet and re-examined the Outer Worlds. Nopony in sight, she thought. She thought. A glint of something shiny caught her eye, and she noticed a shape under one of the fallen houses, just barely showing through. She trotted over to it.

"What's this?" She bent down and grasped the edge of it in one strong earth pony hoof, easily pulling it out from under the rubble. "A...remote of some sort?"

She turned it over in her hooves many times. There was no energy emanating from this object. It seemed simple enough, silver with a couple unmarked buttons. Pinkie could sense nothing from this--thing. The lack of feeling it gave her made her uncomfortable.

Pinkie gave it a tentative sniff. Nothing.

Suddenly, her ears flicked, and she glanced up sharply. She only saw a bush rustle, and her blue eyes narrowed in suspicion.

She was being watched.