• Published 29th May 2012
  • 1,998 Views, 35 Comments

Pinkamena's Regrets - Violyre



Pinkamena has her regrets about herself in this new universe. But who she is, she can't remember...

  • ...
1
 35
 1,998

Chapter 5: Broken Kindness (Pinkamena)

Pinkamena was kind of angry at Twilight for not having revealed these 'secrets' once she had first figured out about the portal and dimension switch. Well, I suppose there's no use in being mad, Pinkamena thought. She's going to tell me now anyway. Better late than never, right?

"Pinki--Pinkamena." Twilight sighed. "Sit. This is going to be a long story that you have to hear." Pinkamena plopped down into a sitting position, nearly falling over.

Twilight shook her mane out of her eyes. "Well, here goes." she muttered to herself.

"You see Pinkamena, when the two princesses Celestia and Luna created harmony throughout this dimension, the Inner Worlds, they had to hide all the bad stuff somewhere, right?" Twilight was acting awfully informal about this, but Pinkamena could tell by the unicorn's expression that it was very serious.

"Well, they hid all the evil beyond Tartarus. You know Tartarus, right? Cerberus guards the gates of it to keep the evil from escaping. Well, evil keeps escaping in the forms of many things. First it corrupted Luna, making her into Night Mare Moon and she attempted to cause eternal night!" Here Twilight shivered, as if eternal night was a horrible fate, though since it was always so dark in--the 'Outer Worlds'--Pinkamena didn't really care too much about this. She indicated for Twilight Sparkle to continue.

"Okay. So, then it released Discord, the spirit of disharmony and chaos, to destroy the lands and wreak havoc. Even more terrible!" Twilight grimaced. "And next, it released itself in the form of changelings--Chrysalis, the changeling queen, to be exact. She tried to take over all of Equestria and feed off of its love! But all of these evil beings didn't have a reason for it besides to have fun. Night Mare Moon wanted the ponies to be awake during her night and not just sleep through it. Discord wanted chaos just for the heck of it! Chrysalis was just--hungry, I suppose. That one makes the least sense to me.

"What I was thinking was that there is a darker force behind all of this evil. Sure, Night Mare Moon turned back into Princess Luna, but where does the evil go? It has to go somewhere! There was Gilda too, the griffon. She was really mean to Pinkie Pie but left in anger after a party went wrong. But that wasn't evil enough. I think this evil is corrupting somewhere else, and that else must be none other than..."

Twilight took a deep breath for dramatic effect.

"The Outer Worlds."

"What?" Pinkamena shouted in surprise. "I mean, what? Are you sure? I mean, there were wars and battles there, but it's not completely evil!" Pinkamena was defensive of the ponies that she had used to be friends with in the Outer Worlds, even if they didn't care much for each other anymore.

Memories flooded into Pinkamena's mind, many of them, though parts were still missing. Her old friends, friends before the releases. Release? That was when a huge portal opened and...oh no.

Twilight noticed the hesitant acceptance Pinkamena showed, and knew that memories had come back.

"You remember, don't you? The Releases? The portals between our two worlds broke open and evils from your dimension came into ours, combining the two. Three times, wasn't it? And there were minor ones as well. Those three I told you aren't the only times, as you could have noticed from my example of Gilda."

Pinkamena nodded. This much was true, she supposed. But she still didn't really want to believe that her best friend was truly evil, or was made of evil, or anything of the sort. There were memories now, of them playing together before the Releases that caused the wars and battles. They had played in a field full of flowers and animals. Pinkamena at the time, found it astounding that her friend, the pegasus, could talk to the animals, in the same way that she found it amazing how Pinkamena threw such great parties.

They had been the greatest pair, those two. Kindness and Laughter went well together. They had spread happiness everywhere, Pinkamena remembered. Though, that was before Celestia went mad and created the war...

Of course, this best friend was none other than Fluttershy. She didn't go by Fluttershy anymore though. What was that nickname she had taken on again? Flutterby? Flutterlie?

Oh yes--Flutterdie, or Flutters, the murder pony. Pinkamena could only hope that this dimension's Pinkie Pie hadn't angered Flutterdie in the Outer Worlds. Oh no, oh no oh no oh no...

"Um, Pinkamena? You okay?" Twilight waved a purple hoof in front of Pinkamena's face. She poked Pinkamena's nose, and she toppled backwards onto the ground, her mouth frozen in a perfect O.

"Pinkamena? What's wrong?"